Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, someone is doing a fine job of making a huge segment of our population go into panic mode. There is no logic behind this. Far more people in this country die of regular flu every year than have been affected by this stupid coronavirus, yet no one panics over regular flu.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, someone is doing a fine job of making a huge segment of our population go into panic mode. There is no logic behind this. Far more people in this country die of regular flu every year than have been affected by this stupid coronavirus, yet no one panics over regular flu.
I believe far more are murdered each day too.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Need to hit the hay, have a good one tomorrow....hopefully it'll be a lil warmer.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey! We got all the way up to 57 ºF today, with mostly sunny (OK, partly cloudy) sky. But before I make you believe good weather is here at last, the forecast for Wednesday (yes, the day I was supposed to go shopping) is more snow. Sigh...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey! We got all the way up to 57 ºF today, with mostly sunny (OK, partly cloudy) sky. But before I make you believe good weather is here at last, the forecast for Wednesday (yes, the day I was supposed to go shopping) is more snow. Sigh...
Looks like a decent day tomorrow too, which is odd....Sigh

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anything exciting happen this weekend?

I went hunting southwest of Wickenburg...got about 4 gms, nothing to write home about.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Anything exciting happen this weekend?
Exciting? Not really. A neighboring rancher came over yesterday and got his steer, which we raised from babyhood (his real mom rejected him at birth) and today he came back with two large round bales of hay. Other than that, just a shitload of usual chores.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Exciting? Not really. A neighboring rancher came over yesterday and got his steer, which we raised from babyhood (his real mom rejected him at birth) and today he came back with two large round bales of hay. Other than that, just a shitload of usual chores.
Well the hay was better than a sharp stick in de-eye.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN PHOENIX HAS ISSUED A * FLOOD WARNING FOR... A DAM FLOODGATE RELEASE IN... MARICOPA COUNTY IN SOUTH CENTRAL ARIZONA.

Why would the national weather service issue a floodgate open warning?........:crazy:

Duh governor to busy doing other "nothings"?

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Today was shopping day and turned out to be extremely hectic and more than a little crazy. I am so exhausted that I MUST go to bed early. so I will tell you about all the insanity I encountered tomorrow.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Today was shopping day and turned out to be extremely hectic and more than a little crazy. I am so exhausted that I MUST go to bed early. so I will tell you about all the insanity I encountered tomorrow.
I can just imagine.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Maybe before shopping, I should take a moment to bitch about stupid weather men. (as if we don't always do that)
I went shopping Tuesday because it was supposed to snow Wednesday, and it did. The forecast was for snow, off and on, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, with a total accumulation all three days of a tad less than one inch (0.8). Yeah, right. When the snow this morning (Wednesday only) stopped, Lannie measured it: 4" here, 5" there, and 6" way over there. OK, let's say the average was 5" and that's a damn big difference than less than 1" over three days. Where the hell do those bozos think they are forecasting for anyway? It sure wasn't for here. OK, rant off (on that subject anyway).

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Maybe before shopping, I should take a moment to bitch about stupid weather men. (as if we don't always do that)
I went shopping Tuesday because it was supposed to snow Wednesday, and it did. The forecast was for snow, off and on, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, with a total accumulation all three days of a tad less than one inch (0.8). Yeah, right. When the snow this morning (Wednesday only) stopped, Lannie measured it: 4" here, 5" there, and 6" way over there. OK, let's say the average was 5" and that's a damn big difference than less than 1" over three days. Where the hell do those bozos think they are forecasting for anyway? It sure wasn't for here. OK, rant off (on that subject anyway).
Wild to say the least.

Was decent here, but cloudy most of the day. Not sure what's in store for the rest of the week but I'm heading to the hills again, no work the remainder of the week I'm aware of.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just looked.

Should be decent the rest of the week, and it looks better for you too.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I stopped at the store on the way home today, half the shelves are baron. So I bought beer instead.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Eli said it's a nightmare in Ecuador....nobody is allowed out of their homes, not even for provisions from what she said.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
On to shopping. I tried to reverse the normal routine, figuring that instead of leaving Sam's Club for last, if I did it first, and got there not long after they opened the doors, perhaps I could get everything I needed because likely they would have just restocked the shelves. WRONG! I seriously doubt that there was a big run on them because the parking lot had about half the normal number of cars in it (even the highways -- freeway too -- had far less traffic than normal). In any case, I have been shopping at Sam's for 16 years and this is the first time I have been in their stores and found so many totally empty shelves. Not one single roll of toilet paper and only three packs of paper towels (I got one, which was their limit) and they were only half as big as the packs I normally buy. I went to Safeway: No paper towels or toilet paper. I went to Walmart in Spearfish. Not one paper towel, but there were a few small packs of toilet paper. I snagged one of those. Meat? Very little. Soup, chili, baked beans? The whole aisle was wiped empty!

Why are people hoarding like this? Because CNN and MSNBC (etc.) are instilling panic with their lies about this virus? Those of us who look at this logically know full well this is not as bad as the normal flu. There is no one sick in Rapid City. Why are they in a panic? Is it just the news lies? Or is it because too many bozos believe in the Walking Dead, Zombies, and this is the Apocalypse? Someone has suggested they barricade themselves in their own homes, which means they need a year's worth of butt wipes and shelf-stable foods. Out here where I live, no one is sick and the farm work has to go on as normal. The only difference is that none of us has anything to wipe our butts with. :(

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
On to shopping. I tried to reverse the normal routine, figuring that instead of leaving Sam's Club for last, if I did it first, and got there not long after they opened the doors, perhaps I could get everything I needed because likely they would have just restocked the shelves. WRONG! I seriously doubt that there was a big run on them because the parking lot had about half the normal number of cars in it (even the highways -- freeway too -- had far less traffic than normal). In any case, I have been shopping at Sam's for 16 years and this is the first time I have been in their stores and found so many totally empty shelves. Not one single roll of toilet paper and only three packs of paper towels (I got one, which was their limit) and they were only half as big as the packs I normally buy. I went to Safeway: No paper towels or toilet paper. I went to Walmart in Spearfish. Not one paper towel, but there were a few small packs of toilet paper. I snagged one of those. Meat? Very little. Soup, chili, baked beans? The whole aisle was wiped empty!

Why are people hoarding like this? Because CNN and MSNBC (etc.) are instilling panic with their lies about this virus? Those of us who look at this logically know full well this is not as bad as the normal flu. There is no one sick in Rapid City. Why are they in a panic? Is it just the news lies? Or is it because too many bozos believe in the Walking Dead, Zombies, and this is the Apocalypse? Someone has suggested they barricade themselves in their own homes, which means they need a year's worth of butt wipes and shelf-stable foods. Out here where I live, no one is sick and the farm work has to go on as normal. The only difference is that none of us has anything to wipe our butts with. :(
There are so many idiots running wild it's hard to explain how stupid they really are.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Eli said it's a nightmare in Ecuador....nobody is allowed out of their homes, not even for provisions from what she said.
And how does the government expect them to stay alive if they cannot go buy food? Very few people these days have more than 3-4 days worth. We can survive more than a month, but then what? Do you start shooting your neighbors to steal their candy bars? ;)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And how does the government expect them to stay alive if they cannot go buy food? Very few people these days have more than 3-4 days worth. We can survive more than a month, but then what? Do you start shooting your neighbors to steal their candy bars? ;)
I'm not sure to tell you the truth. I suppose they use odd even days or something bizarre.

All public transportation and cabs are shut down, most people don't have cars because public trans is so cheap...like a quarter to go anywhere, and there is one bus following the other, so if you miss one, the next one will be there in a couple minutes.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Phytonadione Injectable Emulsion USP, 10 mg/mL Single-Dose Ampules Due To Ampules Breaking And Shattering Upon Opening

March 26, 2020 -- Dr Reddy’s Laboratories, Inc has notified its distributors to arrange for return of any recalled product. Wholesalers, distributors, hospitals and pharmacies with an existing inventory of the lot being recalled, should stop use and distribution of the product and quarantine the product immediately for return or replacement of all recalled products.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I just woke up from an unintended nap and my bod is telling me that I can't manage to sit here for very long, so I guess I better just turn in now. Talk at ya later.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Severe reactions, including fatalities, have occurred during and immediately after INTRAVENOUS injection of phytonadione, even when precautions have been taken to dilute the phytonadione and to avoid rapid infusion. Severe reactions, including fatalities, have also been reported following INTRAMUSCULAR administration.

When they mention Fatalities, i assume they mean it killed more than one person?......incredible......:rolleyes:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
For a change of pace, I am posting a shitload of humor here. While this is intended only as funny stuff, some of our more liberal friends might be offended, so just skip the next 20 or so posts.

0.jpg

VU Sponsors