Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
About a zillion years ago, I helped build a couple churches, so the knowledge is in their somewhere. Sadly, the body is no longer able.
I don't have time, but I know the right people. I'm not up to building anything either.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You can just about bet with 100% accuracy the price of real estate is going to plummet....it's just a matter of a couple months. Most people here live week to week. $5K a month house payment, two new car payments, prolly another $1200 a month...it takes about 2 months for everything to just cave in.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know alot of folks are working from home, but I'd bet 45-65% aren't making a fucking dime. That 1200 bucks Trump says they have comin ain't going to even pay the utilities.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can't believe the price of gold dropped a couple hundred the last couple months, it should be going the other direction....someone is manipulating the gold market.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What are we in debt at the moment? Twenty trillion dollars? And this new thing adds another two trillion... How illogical is Joe Average to not understand we are already bankrupt?
Just keep a good stock of shells and gold, you know, to barter with....:teehee:
Gold is worthless in a society that has nothing to buy. And those with guns, knives, hammers, will kill to take your candy bars.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What are we in debt at the moment? Twenty trillion dollars? And this new thing adds another two trillion... How illogical is Joe Average to not understand we are already bankrupt?

Gold is worthless in a society that has nothing to buy. And those with guns, knives, hammers, will kill to take your candy bars.
Oh we're beyond bankrupt....ain't no pulling out of this mistake.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, while I am enjoying this conversation (venting my frustrations about having assholes (congress/senate/locals) running our country), it is time to put my ancient ass in bed. Way too tired today. Catch ya later, my friend.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Are We Headed Towards Martial Law?

Currently about two thirds of our country is being ordered to shut down by local and state governors and mayors. Christian Gomez explores how our rights are being quenched as more and more state governors and city mayors across the country impose draconian measures and controls over the people.
Not sure, like yesterday, I didn't read any news. Just worked as usual.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Luck just isn't in the cards for you, Rich.
The high temperature today was 38 ºF at 8 AM and has been going down and down all day. It is currently 15 ºF with about 40 mph north wind (chill factor is -8 ºF) and it is snowing (all that beautiful bare ground earlier today is now white again).

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
New Drug Approvals
The following drugs have recently been approved by the FDA.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The high temperature today was 38 ºF at 8 AM and has been going down and down all day. It is currently 15 ºF with about 40 mph north wind (chill factor is -8 ºF) and it is snowing (all that beautiful bare ground earlier today is now white again).
Incredible....hopefully that shit doesn't last long....altho we said that all last spring summer and fall---:sad:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
New Indications and Dosage Forms
Drugs that have gained FDA approval for the treatment of additional diseases/conditions or new dosage forms/regimens.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
First-Time Generic Approvals
First Time Generics are those drug products that have never been approved before as generic drug products and are new generic products to the marketplace.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Looks like you may have some decent days in the horizon next week....(may have).

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Other Drug News

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
First-Time Generic Approvals
First Time Generics are those drug products that have never been approved before as generic drug products and are new generic products to the marketplace.

Metformin, isn't that the drug that destroys livers or kidneys?...it's one or the other...I can't remember all this batshit crazy stuff.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Incredible....hopefully that shit doesn't last long....altho we said that all last spring summer and fall---:sad:
Supposed to be 1-3" tonight and 3-5" more tomorrow. In a couple more days, it is supposed to warm up again.

Long range forecast suggests this summer will be just as wet as last year, but with slightly warmer temperatures, so it might dry quicker.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This was posted on another forum. I have seen it before, so I don't know who actually wrote it, but it is funny enough to pass on anyway. And I actually own all these tools except the torch and engine hoist. Sigh...

TOOLS EXPLAINED

DRILL PRESS : A tall upright machine useful for suddenly snatching flat metal bar stock out of your hands so that it smacks you in the chest and flings your beer across the room, denting the freshly-painted project which you had carefully set in the corner where nothing could get to it.

WIRE WHEEL : Cleans paint off bolts and then throws them somewhere under the workbench with the speed of light. Also removes fingerprints and hard-earned calluses from fingers.

DROP SAW :
A portable cutting tool used to make studs too short.

PLIERS :
Used to round off bolt heads. Sometimes used in the creation of blood-blisters.

BELT SANDER :
An electric sanding tool commonly used to convert minor touch-up jobs into major refinishing jobs.

HACKSAW :
One of a family of cutting tools built on the Ouija board principle... It transforms human energy into a crooked, unpredictable motion, and the more you attempt to influence its course, the more dismal your future becomes.

VISE-GRIPS : Generally used after pliers to completely round off bolt heads. If nothing else is available, they can also be used to transfer intense welding heat to the palm of your hand.

OXYACETYLENE TORCH : Used almost entirely for lighting on fire various flammable objects in your shop. Also handy for igniting the grease inside the wheel hub out of which you want to remove a bearing race..

TABLE SAW :
A large stationary power tool commonly used to launch wood projectiles for testing wall integrity.

HYDRAULIC FLOOR JACK : Used for lowering an automobile to the ground after you have installed your new brake shoes, trapping the jack handle firmly under the bumper.

BAND SAW : A large stationary power saw primarily used by most shops to cut good aluminum sheet into smaller pieces that more easily fit into the trash can after you cut on the inside of the line instead of the outside edge.

TWO-TON ENGINE HOIST : A tool for testing the maximum tensile strength of everything you forgot to disconnect.

PHILLIPS SCREWDRIVER : Normally used to stab the vacuum seals under lids or for opening old-style paper-and-tin oil cans and splashing oil on your shirt; but can also be used, as the name implies, to strip out Phillips screw heads.

STRAIGHT SCREWDRIVER : A tool for opening paint cans. Sometimes used to convert common slotted screws into non-removable screws and butchering your palms.

PRY BAR : A tool used to crumple the metal surrounding that clip or bracket you needed to remove in order to replace a 50 cent part.

HOSE CUTTER : A tool used to make hoses too short.

HAMMER : Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the object we are trying to hit.

UTILITY KNIFE : Used to open and slice through the contents of cardboard cartons delivered to your front door; works particularly well on contents such as seats, vinyl records, liquids in plastic bottles, collector magazines, refund checks, and rubber or plastic parts. Especially useful for slicing work clothes, but only while in use.

ADJUSTABLE WRENCH : aka "Another hammer", aka "the Swedish Nut Lathe", aka "Crescent Wrench". Commonly used as a one size fits all wrench, usually results in rounding off nut heads before the use of pliers. Will randomly adjust size between bolts, resulting in busted buckles, curse words, and multiple threats to any inanimate objects within the immediate vicinity.

God Bless It TOOL : Any handy tool that you grab and throw across the garage while yelling 'God Bless It' at the top of your lungs. It is also, most often, the next tool that you will need.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This was posted on another forum. I have seen it before, so I don't know who actually wrote it, but it is funny enough to pass on anyway. And I actually own all these tools except the torch and engine hoist. Sigh...
Yeah, same here, but my sander needs a new motor....I mean it needs to be replaced, no such thing as fixing shit.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
no such thing as fixing shit.
Many times I lament the fact that we now live in a throw-away society and few ever even attempt to fix things. But that's why I have all those tools. I cannot buy new toys every time one breaks. I have to at least try to fix them.

Now it is time for the Old One to go snuggle the pile of cats all over the bed. Tired today, but gonna be VERY tired tomorrow (fighting snow again).

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
sk040220dAPR.jpg
I am like the old man with the white hair. What do you want to bet that the blonde in the shorts uses a ladies' razor to remove all body hair (only liberal weenies would do that) and he probably still lives in his mother's house.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Speaking of snowflakes... we got about 8 inches of white shit with drifts up to 3 feet deep (I might have to get Bob out tomorrow) and our HIGH today was only 17 ºF (it is 10 ºF at the moment but likely will be Zero before sunrise). And this is April 2nd...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Speaking of snowflakes... we got about 8 inches of white shit with drifts up to 3 feet deep (I might have to get Bob out tomorrow) and our HIGH today was only 17 ºF (it is 10 ºF at the moment but likely will be Zero before sunrise).
Hahhahaaa...speaking of Snowflakes................:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

VU Sponsors