Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mowing duh ditches?.
Well, technically, I pay property taxes to the center line of the highway (it is officially part of my acreage), so even though the ditches are notated as "Highway ROW" (right of way), each land owner can use the grass in those ditches as he sees fit. Some mow it with a big tractor and bale it for hay. Others do nothing and it just grows wild. I pretend it is part of my lawn and mow it accordingly. Everyone who has ever driven past our place and has eventually met me, comments on how beautiful I keep this place. Brownie points? o_O

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good boy for knowing that. I should have been more to the point. I meant a couple more than "normal." And we are definitely having a magnetic shift. Magnetic North has always been (at least in my lifetime :)) in northern Canada and is currently shifting across the north polar region into Russia. Magnetic anomalies might have a slight affect on weather, but not nearly so much as a shift in physical pole positions, which, as best as my limited equipment can discern, is not happening like the "conspiracy theorists" would have us believe. However, the increase in solar activity can have such an effect, but I have no way to measure that and I am having a hard time believing anything NASA tells us anymore (they are still lying about global warming). I wonder who paid them off?.
Probably big pharma, they have their greedy mits into everything, sure wo

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh, that ditch.....was wondering why you would have ditches.....:)
These ditches (a 90-degree pic from SE corner at edge of highway and down perpendicular east fence).
01 Love Acres panorama.jpg
That big tuft of grass in the foreground is a culvert under the highway, big enough you can walk through it. Then you see pasture. All my buildings hide behind the trees in the background.

Does this all look like lawn to you? :)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good time for a fishin trip up North;)
Can only wish, this economy is booming, gotta get it while the gettin's good, so I can sell everything sooner and get the fuck outta here.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
These ditches (a 90-degree pic from SE corner at edge of highway and down perpendicular east fence).
View attachment 142604
That big tuft of grass in the foreground is a culvert under the highway, big enough you can walk through it. Then you see pasture. All my buildings hide behind the trees in the background.

Does this all look like lawn to you? :)
BIG ditch, not what I had pictured in my melon....was thinking about a culvert pipe under the driveway with a lil ditch along the road....:teehee:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
BIG ditch, not what I had pictured in my melon....was thinking about a culvert pipe under the driveway with a lil ditch along the road....:teehee:
Yeah, my ditches (I pluralize for east and west of my driveway entrance) are 1.4 acres of my total property. Most people don't have that much land where their house sits.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
More growth on tree this year than any 2-3 years gone by. It must be all this extra rain. And, while it is on my "to do: list, I am a long way away from getting my tree pruning done.
Prolly a good thing, they'll just grow taller, then the wind will rip um out of the ground....:sad:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The trees I would like to pull out of the ground are those wild plums. I got a couple more pretty deep cuts in my left forearm while mowing yesterday.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The trees I would like to pull out of the ground are those wild plums. I got a couple more pretty deep cuts in my left forearm while mowing yesterday.
Don't think I've ever seen one. Altho I don't know much about thorny vegetation......:teehee:

Every fucking thing here has thorns, including palm branches....who'd a thought.....:devil:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Every fucking thing here has thorns,
In the desert, that is a matter of survival for the plants. The more thorns/stickers they grow, the less likely something will eat them. Those plants man puts in the ground there don't last long because the critters find them quickly and eat them.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah... HOT! OK, the thermometer only said 87 (or was it 89?). We had early morning thunderstorms and rain and late afternoon thunderstorms in the area but not over us. Overall, I would say we were "partly cloudy" for most of the day. Even though the grass was damp, I spent most of the day mowing and had to stop many times to unclog the deck. Managed three new cuts on my left arm even though I was nowhere near those damn wild plums - it must have been the Caragana (AKA Chinese Peas - huge bushes).

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I told her to have one of the helpers scrape it down to the metal, completely clean, and lace it with the water soluble vaseline like substance I use for the o-rings on the pool filters.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I think the destruction manual says something about not mowing really tall grass and wet grass. Obviously I am not compliant (even though I used to write those kinds of manuals). Sigh...

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
AGAIN?

Altaire Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Issues Voluntary Recall of Multiple Ophthalmic Products Sold at Walgreens

July 3, 2019 -- Altaire Pharmaceuticals, Inc., announces today that it is voluntarily recalling the Over-the-Counter (OTC) drug products and lots, within expiry, sold at Walgreens during the time period as indicated in the tables. As a precautionary measure, Altaire is initiating the recall due to management concerns regarding the sufficiency of Quality Assurance controls over critical systems in the manufacturing facility. This recall is being carried out to the retail level and is only for the specific lots listed. No other lots are being recalled.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I must have 50 buttons on the steering wheel and dash in the Toyota, the only ONE button I know what it operates is the ON and OFF button for the radio

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
AGAIN?

Altaire Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Issues Voluntary Recall of Multiple Ophthalmic Products Sold at Walgreens

July 3, 2019 -- Altaire Pharmaceuticals, Inc., announces today that it is voluntarily recalling the Over-the-Counter (OTC) drug products and lots, within expiry, sold at Walgreens during the time period as indicated in the tables. As a precautionary measure, Altaire is initiating the recall due to management concerns regarding the sufficiency of Quality Assurance controls over critical systems in the manufacturing facility. This recall is being carried out to the retail level and is only for the specific lots listed. No other lots are being recalled.
Yup, same jackasses.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I told her to have one of the helpers scrape it down to the metal, completely clean, and lace it with the water soluble vaseline like substance I use for the o-rings on the pool filters.
I jack up the front, lie down on the floor, and scrape everything off the bottom of the deck every couple mows. I'll be doing that again in the morning before I do the dog yard again. I never bother with the lube though.
Manual?...whats that?
Something they think we're gonna read before using... Ha ha ha ha...

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I must have 50 buttons on the steering wheel and dash in the Toyota, the only ONE button I know what it operates is the ON and OFF button for the radio
I have been driving my F150 for... uh... 7-8 years? The manual is in the glove box, but I still do not know how to set a station on the radio. Typically, if it is not intuitive, I don;t bother using it.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have been driving my F150 for... uh... 7-8 years? The manual is in the glove box, but I still do not know how to set a station on the radio. Typically, if it is not intuitive, I don;t bother using it.
Same here, just need to get from point A to point B, could care less about anything else. I know how to open and close a gas cap, they haven't fucked that up (yet) where is takes a button or cellphone app to do it....but I'm sure that's coming

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have noticed many contests I cannot enter because I do not have a cellphone. There are many "responses" I cannot make to online posts because I do not use Facebook. If they ever make a car that requires a cellphone app to open it, I guess I have to stop driving.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have noticed many contests I cannot enter because I do not have a cellphone. There are many "responses" I cannot make to online posts because I do not use Facebook. If they ever make a car that requires a cellphone app to open it, I guess I have to stop driving.
I WOULD stop driving, get a fucking mule. I plan on keeping the trucks I have for many years, hopefully I won't need to buy anything else.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Those contest are just chilling garbage anyway....no need for a cellphone

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My first car was a 1952 Mercury Monterrey, V8 flathead, hand crank windows, wing vent on doors, manual AM radio, bench seats, no seat belts... I wish I still had that because I sure don't want all this modern shit that is supposed to make my life better or safer. I does not. Not even a little bit. Most of that computerized or automatic stuff is bullshit and I don't want any of it.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My first car was a 1952 Mercury Monterrey, V8 flathead, hand crank windows, wing vent on doors, manual AM radio, bench seats, no seat belts... I wish I still had that because I sure don't want all this modern shit that is supposed to make my life better or safer. I does not. Not even a little bit. Most of that computerized or automatic stuff is bullshit and I don't want any of it.
Got that right, it cost 250 bucks for them to just tell you what's wrong, then the bill is usually over 1000K every fucking time I take the Ford in for something. like coil wires, or a valve cover gasket.

Not long ago I was bragging how good the truck has been, now it's breaking me

VU Sponsors