Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I tried all the A/C units I have, not a singe one blew cool air. The cheapest I could find anyone to refill one was $100 bucks, for another 75 I can get a brand new one already full of R22...or rather R410

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Get anything done today?
Yeah, but not what I planned. I was going to mow about a zillion acres and, if any time leftover, cut a bunch of 45-degree braces to screw into the chicken run vertical 2x4s because that damn horse is tearing it apart. However, I saw Lannie's Kratom bottle was almost empty, so I spent a couple hours stuffing capsules and figured I might as well do my laundry (three loads) while I was sitting in the house,

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Given the bedroom in this tiny house is very very small (unless you have a bunk-bed, don't bother trying to find a place to put your chest of drawers), maybe even less BTUs...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Given the bedroom in this tiny house is very very small (unless you have a bunk-bed, don't bother trying to find a place to put your chest of drawers), maybe even less BTUs...
Perhaps, yes. I don't believe I've seen one smaller, but I'm sure they exist.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
And only $114 at Sears. Hmmmm... maybe if I can cool Lannie down a bit, she won't be kicking the animals off the bed. :rolleyes:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I couldn't believe those prices, I may get one for the garage when I'm working on shit.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Haven't bought one in about 8-10 years, but I remember paying a shitload more than 175 for the 6000 btu

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I shop at walmart too, they have organic veggies and fruit now.....it's the newest rage.....:)

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Nothing great, just Chinese junk
Isn't it a sad statement that the good old USofA is reduced to imported crap? Is nothing made in this country anymore? Seems that quality and workmanship and pride in our creations has long gone down the river.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Isn't it a sad statement that the good old USofA is reduced to imported crap? Is nothing made in this country anymore? Seems that quality and workmanship and pride in our creations has long gone down the river.
LONG GONE is RIGHT.

I need to hit the hay.... going to try and beat the sun tomorrow

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, it's after midnight here and I'm turning into a pumpkin, so I'm gonna snuggle my sick little baby kitty in the hopes that some miracle will make him better. Nitey nite amigo. Sleep well.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi Rich, feeling better every day my friend hope everything is going well for you and Lannie
Glad you are better. Other than working our asses off trying to catch up around here, we are both hanging in there.

We have a baby steer that we are taking care of for a neighboring rancher because his mommy abandoned him, and he is sick. Seems like we are always caring for some sick animal. Sigh. But maybe that is why we were put here... :confused:

Last edited:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Glad you are better. Other than working our asses off trying to catch up around here, we are both hanging in there.

We have a baby steer that we are taking care of for a neighboring rancher because his mommy abandon him, and he is sick. Seems like we are always caring for some sick animal. Sigh. But maybe that is why we were put here... :confused:
Thanks Rich, you are always taking care of some kind of critter, that's cool

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

We have a baby steer that we are taking care of for a neighboring rancher because his mommy abandon him, and he is sick. Seems like we are always caring for some sick animal. Sigh. But maybe that is why we were put here... :confused:
Your good folks, Rich, Lannie...!

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
is the rotation angle getting a little off
I have been watching the North Star very carefully because I wondered if our weird weather might be caused by a new tilt of the axis that the government would never want to tell the citizenry about, but I cannot detect anything more than a 1-2 degree wobble.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have been watching the North Star very carefully because I wondered if our weird weather might be caused by a new tilt of the axis that the government would never want to tell the citizenry about, but I cannot detect anything more than a 1-2 degree wobble.
Yeah the goberment would be the last to tell you:rolleyes:, Hmmm not sure but isn't a couple degrees wobble normal? Just a thought:D

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
isn't a couple degrees wobble normal?
Good boy for knowing that. I should have been more to the point. I meant a couple more than "normal." And we are definitely having a magnetic shift. Magnetic North has always been (at least in my lifetime :)) in northern Canada and is currently shifting across the north polar region into Russia. Magnetic anomalies might have a slight affect on weather, but not nearly so much as a shift in physical pole positions, which, as best as my limited equipment can discern, is not happening like the "conspiracy theorists" would have us believe. However, the increase in solar activity can have such an effect, but I have no way to measure that and I am having a hard time believing anything NASA tells us anymore (they are still lying about global warming). I wonder who paid them off?.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Gotta say it again, damn it was one HOT SOB here today....112+..?

Didn't look, but my truck said 110 at noon......:gaah:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Officially it was 89 both inside and out, but the humidity felt like 9000%. I do not know what the temperature was in direct sunlight (all official temps are taken in the shade) but I am sure it was well over 100 (110? 120?) and that's where I was most of the day -- mowing the ditches.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Officially it was 89 both inside and out, but the humidity felt like 9000%. I do not know what the temperature was in direct sunlight (all official temps are taken in the shade) but I am sure it was well over 100 (110? 120?) and that's where I was most of the day -- mowing the ditches.
Mowing duh ditches?...............:teehee:

Warm there too?.. oh well, I don't feel alone ...........:cry:

VU Sponsors