Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That's not bad compared to store bought.....which is why I seldom shoot the .40 or .45....22 suites me just fine.
The difference in trajectory and recoil (muzzle velocity) is so radically different, I would feel like I am not staying in practice properly if I only shot the .22 (practically no recoil).

I could drop a deer just as fast with a shot to the head as I could with a high powered rifle, they drop like rocks with the 22
Try that here and you go to jail. The only "22" legal to shoot deer in this state is .223 or .220 Swift. Rimfires are only legal on squirrels and jackrabbits.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The difference in trajectory and recoil (muzzle velocity) is so radically different, I would feel like I am not staying in practice properly if I only shot the .22 (practically no recoil).

Try that here and you go to jail. The only "22" legal to shoot deer in this state is .223 or .220 Swift. Rimfires are only legal on squirrels and jackrabbits.
I never claimed to be one who follow many laws.....:)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Gotta be at an auto parts warehouse in the morning, gotta hit the rack.

Should be an easy day tho, I inspected the same building two years ago.....copy paste 90% of the last report.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How was your day, was one hot sob here....close to 110....so much for that cooling shit....it's gone to Mexico, where they received 5-foot of hail.....did you see that one?

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
How was your day, was one hot sob here....close to 110....so much for that cooling shit....it's gone to Mexico, where they received 5-foot of hail.....did you see that one?
Missed that one (no time for news today). Only 76 with partly cloudy skies. The thunderstorms in the forecast didn't happen here, though I saw the tops of them to the distant south. Went to talk to the guys who might be able to fix the Bobcat, had a long conversation with the Vet on all my cats, and we are now playing foster home to a neighbor's baby bull (who will be steered shortly). Seems his mommy popped him out 10-12 days ago and simply walked away and left him, he fed off another mommy for awhile, but she doesn't want him competing with her own baby, and we have a couple milkers who will adopt him because we just took away their calves.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Or had lots of money, if they still plan on buying the building....BUT....if they do, they will need a lil more to get it up to snuff, about $250K more.....:crazy:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Cooling TREND comin.....damn, it had to be 110+ today, one HOT sob.....:devil:

upload_2019-7-2_21-17-31.png

Couldn't make myself post past Friday, cuz it's getting worse again.....:devil:

Vacation time, fuck the money. I'd rather live another year......:crazy:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The day started clear, then scattered stratocumulus (AKA partly cloudy), then broken cumulus and stratocumulus (AKA mostly cloudy with a slight chance of rain), then overcast cumulus and cumulonimbus (AKA cloudy with thunderstorms in the area), then the big mutha rolled in: cumulonimbus mamatus (AKA severe thunderstorms, tornado spotters called out) and rain, then heavy rain, lightning and all that shit. High temp today was 84, but after all that rain, it is now only 62 and very very very fucking humid. More of the same forecast for the coming week.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The day started clear, then scattered stratocumulus (AKA partly cloudy), then broken cumulus and stratocumulus (AKA mostly cloudy with a slight chance of rain), then overcast cumulus and cumulonimbus (AKA cloudy with thunderstorms in the area), then the big mutha rolled in: cumulonimbus mamatus (AKA severe thunderstorms, tornado spotters called out) and rain, then heavy rain, lightning and all that shit. High temp today was 84, but after all that rain, it is now only 62 and very very very fucking humid. More of the same forecast for the coming week.
Man I'd take that 62 and wouldn't be bitchin a bit.....(i think) anyway......:teehee:

(Now that I think about it)....prolly be bitchin it's to cold....oh well, love bitchin about shitty weather.....:devil:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The fucking sun is doing a number on the melon vines....NEED to get some shade set up....if I only had ONE day OFF...perhaps the 4th it'll get done. If I have any am-bitchin....:vino:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Bought some black cherries on the way home today, look like they were picked this morning. First time I can remember have really green stems on the cherries in ARIZONA....no idea where they came from, but their delicious.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Isn't that what old pharts do best?... Bitchin' about the weather, bitchin' about Big Pharma, bitchin' about FDA versus vape gear, bitchin' about the government in general... yup, that pretty well defines this thread.
Yup, forgot what the thread was about....your right again....!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well Rich, I have to be at some shithole at 7:30 tomorrow morning, have a good one.....:cheers:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Altaire Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Issues Voluntary Recall of Multiple Ophthalmic Products

July 3, 2019 -- Altaire Pharmaceuticals, Inc., announces today that it is voluntarily recalling the prescription drug products and lots, within expiry, distributed during the time period as indicated in the tables. As a precautionary measure, Altaire is initiating the recall due to management concerns regarding the sufficiency of Quality Assurance controls over critical systems in the manufacturing facility.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
PharMEDium Services, LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of 0.5 mg/mL HYDROmorphone HCl in 0.9% Sodium Chloride 1 mL in 3 mL BD Syringe Due to Presence of Sulfite

June 28, 2019 -- PharMEDium Services, LLC is voluntarily recalling 45 lots of 0.5 mg/mL HYDROmorphone HCl in 0.9% Sodium Chloride 1 mL in 3 mL BD Syringe to the user level. The product is being recalled because PharMEDium’s electronic customer ordering system stated it is sulfite-free, but the product contains sulfite.
On their website:
Providing the Highest Quality Sterile Compounded Services

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, I read the letter the FDA sent to them about their lack of quality control, etc. I am much more likely to believe SciFi movies are real than anything any pharmaceutical company says.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How was your day?... it cooled off this evening, was watering the garden and it felt absolutely perfect outside.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Pretty much the same as yesterday. Nice in the morning with thunderstorms and rain by 6 pm. It is still raining outside at the moment. High was 84 but it is only 61 at the moment. I did a lot of mowing today, but the grass was wet and it didn't take long to clog the deck. I'll scrape it out tomorrow and try again, but the same result is expected because of all the damn rain. Sigh,,, :(

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Pretty much the same as yesterday. Nice in the morning with thunderstorms and rain by 6 pm. It is still raining outside at the moment. High was 84 but it is only 61 at the moment. I did a lot of mowing today, but the grass was wet and it didn't take long to clog the deck. I'll scrape it out tomorrow and try again, but the same result is expected because of all the damn rain. Sigh,,, :(
Relentless?

Hope that shit passes soon, or it's going to be a very short shitty summer.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It was pretty warm this morning, about 98 when I returned this afternoon, but it cooled way down just before the sun was setting.....kinda strange.....but I'll take all the nice weather available.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
it's going to be a very short shitty summer.
Already showing signs of being just that. It is very hard to do any of the outside work when it is so damn wet, but it needs to get done before the next winter starts. I need to repaint this fucking old house too (if I can squeeze that in on a dry day and catch up on the million other "to do: list items). And there are still major things to get done, like getting the damn roof fixed and getting the damn Bpbcat running and breeding the cows and... (on and on and on ad nauseum),

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have to mow the (small) lawn, trim some bushes, and fix a tile on the roof...Oh...and pick a shitload of weeds growing all over hells creation.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Have jobs scheduled for next week but I have to get this import export license taken care of there.....what a long BUREAUCRATIC fucking process this is. Figured if I could catch a flight tomorrow, I'll return Monday.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What? No BBQ'd hot dogs and tater salad with tons of "friends and relatives" that you':Dd just as soon avoid? Yeah, us neither...
Nope, none of that shit around here....the only family member I really care about is my mother, but she flew to upstate NY to see my brother in Syracuse.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Have jobs scheduled for next week but I have to get this import export license taken care of there.....what a long BUREAUCRATIC fucking process this is. Figured if I could catch a flight tomorrow, I'll return Monday.
So that would still make a trip to see Eli as just another work day. Can you at least manage to squeeze in a few hugs and maybe a kiss or twelve? ;)

VU Sponsors