Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It would be a bitch trying to tarp a tree with cheesecloth............:devil:

Prolly take a dozen men with lots of patience too.....:teehee:

That was the question I was about to ask: How the hell would you get it UP THERE? These are not five-foot trees we're talking about.

Oh, and there's one to three inches of snow in the forecast now for tonight and tomorrow morning. Wanna bet it will be six?

And on a completely different note, if anyone is familiar with Photobucket, I need some help. I just got a notice that I can now only have up to 250 pictures on there for free. I have thousands. I need to get them all off there and onto my hard drive (or they'll delete them) and I don't have the time, so I'm probably going to lose them all, and I'm heartbroken. It's the history of our entire life here, and some from back in Central Oregon (some really beautiful stuff). I don't know what to do, and I'm just totally in the dumps about it. Does anyone know if there's a way to move them or copy them in bulk? Plus, I can't seem to get logged in, it just keeps taking me around in circles, so it could all be moot. Can't do anything if I'm not logged in...

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How the hell would you get it UP THERE?
That is what the snow drifts were for ;)

wish I could help on the Photobucket, but do not use such services because I knew this would eventually happen. Bait and switch, a common business tactic.

All my photos are on a couple of hard drives and or burned to DVD's.
Backups for backups.
Only cloud storage I use is for Amazon ebooks and unfortunately email stuff.

Last edited:
Just saw this shit with Jai Haze loosing his youngest daughter to suicide. Don't like his style, but no parent should have to go through that shit.
His review style rubs some the wrong way, but no parent should have to face burying one of their offspring, especially like that. I wish I had not watched his video he made to let his followers know what was going on. I've been somewhat depressed about it ever since. Those who pray, please pray for him and his family, even if he's been a jerk to you before. No parent deserves that kind of pain.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That was the question I was about to ask: How the hell would you get it UP THERE? These are not five-foot trees we're talking about.

Oh, and there's one to three inches of snow in the forecast now for tonight and tomorrow morning. Wanna bet it will be six?

And on a completely different note, if anyone is familiar with Photobucket, I need some help. I just got a notice that I can now only have up to 250 pictures on there for free. I have thousands. I need to get them all off there and onto my hard drive (or they'll delete them) and I don't have the time, so I'm probably going to lose them all, and I'm heartbroken. It's the history of our entire life here, and some from back in Central Oregon (some really beautiful stuff). I don't know what to do, and I'm just totally in the dumps about it. Does anyone know if there's a way to move them or copy them in bulk? Plus, I can't seem to get logged in, it just keeps taking me around in circles, so it could all be moot. Can't do anything if I'm not logged in...
That just sucks, Lannie, I mean all of it! I wish I could help you, but I've never had a photo bucket account. I truly hope you get logged in and save all of your pictures :hug: .

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I ditched photbucket years ago because I didn't like their interface and it wasn't as intuitive as other photo hosting sights. There should be a way to save a photo to your local computer but it may have to be done individually and not as a batch.

Found this after a google search. Hope this helps.

https://support.photobucket.com/hc/en-us/articles/200724174-Copy-or-Download-a-Photo-or-Video

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well Rich, how much snow did you receive, if any?
Last forecast I saw has it starting Saturday morning (in other words, after midnight tonight). It is currently 36 ºF with wind of 30 mph gusting to 40 mph (chill index, therefore, is 21 ºF) and it is raining like hell. Drop the temp a few more degrees and turn that rain to snow and we'll have a foot before you know it.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Last forecast I saw has it starting Saturday morning (in other words, after midnight tonight). It is currently 36 ºF with wind of 30 mph gusting to 40 mph (chill index, therefore, is 21 ºF) and it is raining like hell. Drop the temp a few more degrees and turn that rain to snow and we'll have a foot before you know it.
What the hell causes all that continual wind in your area?

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What the hell causes all that continual wind in your area?
Several things: there is nothing to block or deflect it (no mountains or really tall forests - we are open prairie, flat or low rolling hills), the jet stream is almost always close by, which drags the low pressure centers through here (or just north or just south of us), which in turn drags frontal systems or lines of instability (like a line of thunderstorms), etc., etc. ad naseum...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Guess it's the jet stream, not sure you wouldn't have continual nutty wind if there were trees, or the trees wouldn't be able to take that punishment day in and day out.,,,OR, that's why trees are scarce in the first place...Radical Wind.....:)

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
not sure you wouldn't have continual nutty wind if there were trees,
That depends on the type of tree, the type of soil, the temperature variations through the year, etc. When we lived in central Oregon, just east of the Cascade Mountain range, the mountains blocked a lot of the westerlies, but also created a north-south channel that rushed the storms through the area, but because we had Ponderosa Pines (the dozens of Juniper varieties don't count because they are all short), wind was seldom an issue AT GROUND LEVEL but you could watch clouds ripping across the sky very very fast. The fewer tall trees you had in your area, the more likely wind would be an issue on the ground.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Evening y'all! How's everyone? Had a good night. Sent both kids off to scout camp for the weekend. The wife and I brought home pizza from a local pizza shop and watched Black Panther and Avengers: Infinity War with the dog and cats.

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
wish I could help on the Photobucket, but do not use such services because I knew this would eventually happen. Bait and switch, a common business tactic.

All my photos are on a couple of hard drives and or burned to DVD's.
Backups for backups.
Only cloud storage I use is for Amazon ebooks and unfortunately email stuff.

I would never have used it, either, except that my cow forum doesn't allow attachments, so you have to link pics from a photo-hosting site. Back then, Photobucket was about the only game in town, and everyone used them. I have all my pictures on my hard drive, except for a string of them that went poof when my second-to-last computer died. SOMEWHERE around here is a CD-ROM with all the previous pictures on it, but I didn't find it when I looked last. It's here somewhere, though. Anyway, then from the time I got my last computer until now, the pics are all on the hard drive. I wasn't too worried about the lost ones because they were on Photobucket and I could get them "when I had time." Which never happened, and now they want them deleted.

That just sucks, Lannie, I mean all of it! I wish I could help you, but I've never had a photo bucket account. I truly hope you get logged in and save all of your pictures :hug: .

I did get logged in, finally. I wasn't properly "intuiting" what to do. Now whether I can get logged in AGAIN is another question... ;) However, Rich said we could go ahead and pay one month's ransom to give me time to figure out which pictures need to be downloaded (and to hopefully find that missing CD-ROM) and get them moved over to my new hard drive.

I ditched photbucket years ago because I didn't like their interface and it wasn't as intuitive as other photo hosting sights. There should be a way to save a photo to your local computer but it may have to be done individually and not as a batch.

Found this after a google search. Hope this helps.

https://support.photobucket.com/hc/en-us/articles/200724174-Copy-or-Download-a-Photo-or-Video

Thanks for looking. :) There's actually a quicker way (right click on the thumbnail and select "save as") but that was having hiccups yesterday, so if it gives me shit again today, I'll try doing it the way that link says. It's just that there are so many ads on that site now, it takes forever to open one single pic. I was hoping to be able to copy/download an entire album, but I guess that's not possible. Oh, well, I have my work cut out for me for the next month. I didn't have anything else to do anyway. :giggle:

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh, and there's hardly any snow this morning, shock of shocks! Barely half an inch on the grass bits, and just wet on bare dirt/gravel/concrete.

Maybe (MAYBE) I'll open the hay room door for the mama hen to bring her new chicks outside, if the weather isn't too bad later on. She picked a nice dry safe place to make her nest, but a bad week for them to hatch. We saw eight little fluffballs last night, but there were 17 eggs total, so I'm thinking there are probably a dozen chicks under her, give or take a couple. Mom got some dry cat food and we gave the babies some chopped boiled egg, since they're sorta locked in and can't go foraging yet. Good thing they have us to take care of them. ;)

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh, and there's hardly any snow this morning,
In reality, we do not know what the total snowfall was, but like Lannie said, there was very little on the ground. OK, more reality... there was none "on the ground." The low air temp was 32 ºF but the dirt was obviously quite a bit higher than that, so whatever landed, melted immediately. The fact that the world looked all white this morning was that the snow stuck to the TOP of the grass (above the dirt and closer to free-air temperature), so there was a dusting (trace, 1/2" max) and in the pastures around us (longer grass), it looked thicker than here in our own yards. But even that is gone now, even though the thermometer claims it is only 35 ºF out there.

We saw eight little fluffballs last night, but there were 17 eggs total
Update: Lannie counted them again after she brought them fresh food this morning and they were all moving around. 19 eggs total (another hen added a couple?) and, amazingly, 14 of them were fertile and hatched. I do not believe I have ever seen one chicken hatch that many on one nest before, but, at the moment, they all seem healthy and cheeping up a storm. Now if we could just get the Guineas to hatch some to replace their aging flock.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I picked about 100 grapefruit this afternoon when I was done working, delivered them to friends who like g-juice.

Should have picked um weeks ago, the trees only have a few new fruit, I think since they were so loaded with fruit they said to themselves we don't need any this year....:cry:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It was a soggy wet mess with about a 40mph wind to make it even more miserable. Other than routine chores, we did nothing outside today.
I made a gallon of chunked pineapple (two whole pineapples) to ferment, should be ready in a couple days.....:)

Been taking this fermenting to all new levels.....:teehee:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey, I have a kratom question for you (or even Juice if she's peeking): I obviously cannot grow this tropical tree here in beautiful downtown arctical south dakota, so where is the best place (to your knowledge) to get the best leaf (or powder?) at the cheapest price?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey, I have a kratom question for you (or even Juice if she's peeking): I obviously cannot grow this tropical tree here in beautiful downtown arctical south dakota, so where is the best place (to your knowledge) to get the best leaf (or powder?) at the cheapest price?
This is where I've been getting it https://www.beaufortkratom.com/kratom-powder-capsules-extract

I've tried several other vendors, none have compared to his consistent quality.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Definitely stick with Dale's advice, I'm still learning a lot and haven't tried that many vendors or types yet

We only got the trees now because I don't trust the FDA and wanted to get my hands on some in case September is too late to get some legally, considering they tried to ban it without going through the proper channels already

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
As a matter of fact, after my first shipment from Mike at Beaufort, I haven't touched a single pill since, no need whatsoever, nor were there any withdrawals.....really amazing natural botanical.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I often wish (can't remember her name) knew or knows about kratom, she had the same problem as me, pancreatitis. But she doesn't post here any more. Believe she got into an argument about an atty with someone and hasn't returned to the forum.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have read many reviews (don't know if they were Green and White Meng Da) where some people love it and it works great and others say it didn't do a damn thing for them. Lannie and I are pretty much the same as far as what works for one will work for the other. My deal is that, in being a disabled veteran, I get my pills for only $8 a month, and I already know I can quit hydrocodone cold turkey without withdrawals, but can my wallet stand the change?

VU Sponsors