Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Given there are more cows than people in this state, I can't imagine the fast food places importing cheap and unhealthy shit from China, but I know they do. Maybe that is also a reason for my great turn off on burgers. I know how the local beef is raised, so I wouldn't have much problem with it, but I don't want Chinese shit no matter how hungry I might be.
It's hard to believe they can export beef to the US cheaper than farmers can sell it for.....and NO, I certainly wouldn't eat the poisonous beef from China - even if it was the last thing on earth.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So are flavor sales down and they have to diversify (sell home brew kits for beer) to make ends meet?
I heard the owner was a beer fanatic, so he decided to branch off into the brew kits, which are pretty inexpensive. I was thinking about trying one.....haven't had a beer in ages. And I never tried to make it myself either.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
haven't had a beer in ages
Me either. I just was never into beer. I used to drink a lot of Watney's Cream Label when I lived in England (thick, dark, sweet, creamy), but a Brit friend tells me they don't even make it anymore, so there's no point in looking in the imports section at Wally World. :(

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Me either. I just was never into beer. I used to drink a lot of Watney's Cream Label when I lived in England (thick, dark, sweet, creamy), but a Brit friend tells me they don't even make it anymore, so there's no point in looking in the imports section at Wally World. :(
BCF prolly has something similar....they have a good selection of different blends.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Did you watch that entire video about the vaccines from Dr John Bergman?

Really interesting how the government is poisoning the population.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I really like this sentence. Unfucking believable.....I guess it's not unbelievable.....just par for the course.

As a division of the Novartis Group, our purpose is to discover new ways to improve and extend people’s lives.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
As a division of the Novartis Group, our purpose is to discover new ways to improve and extend people’s lives.

Good slogan for all the jackasses in the world tho........The more I read shit like this, and election fraud, I really don't want to return to the USA.....just rip my passport up when I get off the fucking plane next month.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So ya gonna send me your American checkbook before you rip up your passport? :devil: :giggle: :xD:
The ATM works just fine there......but I'm not kidding, I'm really sick of this fucking corrupt country, or rather the people involved in making it corrupt and not being jailed.... us nobody's would be grasping cold steel bars long ago.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So, short of armed and bloody revolution, how can we fix a system that is as corrupt as this one is showing itself to be? All the "put her in jail" signs will do nothing when the folks running the jail voted for the criminal bitch.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
All my (so called) "assault rifles" are clean oiled and loaded......I'd actually love it.

How was your day, Rich?

I did some tax prep, that was about the extent of my day.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't own an "assault rifle," but my lever-action .45-70 is good for 1000 yards.

Well, let's see... 20% chance of light snow showers... Reality: very heavy thick snow that I couldn't see 50 yards. We got all the way up to 33 degrees. It is currently 12 and supposed to get down to 7 (Want to bet it hits Zero again?). Chickens broke the heat lamp in the coop, so I put a new one in and turned it on so the little bastards don't freeze to death (250 Watts on all the time sure makes for a nasty electric bill). Quartered a box full of almost rotten apples and took them to the chickens. Lannie baked more squash so the pecker heads also got all the peel meat. So, bottom line here is: It was a pretty normal winter day. :rolleyes:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't own an "assault rifle," but my lever-action .45-70 is good for 1000 yards.

Well, let's see... 20% chance of light snow showers... Reality: very heavy thick snow that I couldn't see 50 yards. We got all the way up to 33 degrees. It is currently 12 and supposed to get down to 7 (Want to bet it hits Zero again?). Chickens broke the heat lamp in the coop, so I put a new one in and turned it on so the little bastards don't freeze to death (250 Watts on all the time sure makes for a nasty electric bill). Quartered a box full of almost rotten apples and took them to the chickens. Lannie baked more squash so the pecker heads also got all the peel meat. So, bottom line here is: It was a pretty normal winter day. :rolleyes:
When does "Winter" officially begin?

I believe they need to reevaluate that date.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Perhaps "Fall" actually means drastic falling temperatures with blizzard conditions.
Well,"Fall" is the lazy way of saying "the season when leaves fall off the trees," which is really a reference to the official designation, "Autumn," which first came into English in the 1300s from the Latin word autumnus. Another common name for this intermediary season prior to the use of "autumn" was harvest, which was potentially confusing, because harvest can refer to both the time when harvesting crops usually happens (autumn) as well as the actual harvesting of crops (harvest). OK, enough BS.

I remember, as a kid, when Fall was merely the season when it cooled off, leaves fell off trees, you didn't have to mow the lawn, but snow did not happen. We used to sing "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas" because it rarely ever snowed before then. But I also did not live on the Prairie back then, but a very temperate fertile valley in Orygun. Here, snow happens to some extent every autumn, from casual dusting of white to full-blown blizzards the first week of October that killed 100,000 cattle in this state. We live with it......

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Was born in Ohio, lived there for several years, we never had snow until about Christmas. With the climate getting colder, who knows what may occur now.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So how often today do you get snow (whether it sticks or not) in the Phoenix area? I think, back in winter of 1972 in Tucson, it snowed twice, but was gone in a few hours.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Last December the mountain in back of my mother's home had snow on the top for days last winter, it can't be much more than a couple-three 1000 ft.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Last December the mountain in back of my mother's home had snow on the top for days last winter, it can't be much more than a couple-three 1000 ft.
I remember Tucson was about 2,500 feet and I am sure Phoenix is a tad higher. When I lived at Grand Canyon, that was 7,000 feet and they got 18" on the day I arrived. Snows all winter up there.

VU Sponsors