Old Pharts Club

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just got back from buying stove.
Same stove as Best Buy, lowes, etc at a local dealer about 15 miles down the road.
Same money. Was limited on options since we wanted a NON glasstop.
Only found about 4 different models online that fit our requirements.

The place where I bought the range still has several topload washers with agitators!
they say that no one wants to buy the ones without an agitator.

Front load washers have shorter lifespans than toploads and stink.

Just an old fashioned old Phart I suppose.
We both have the same choice for appliances, I dislike the flat-top ranges too...and detest those huge front load washers...:cry:

Like you mentioned, Bob....OLD pharts, set in our ways.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Bob...what brand did you buy?...I was thinking about getting rid of this glass top, going back old-school.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Today sucked. Phillip failed his stress test with flying colors. Monday, he finds out if he gets stents or bypass surgery.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sorry to hear this.
Yeah, he is younger than me, and has to go through this shit. He don't even turn 50 til November. We had to cancel deer hunting this year because of it too. No telling how long he'll be off work. And then, he still has to pay the damn deductibles.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, he is younger than me, and has to go through this shit. He don't even turn 50 til November. We had to cancel deer hunting this year because of it too. No telling how long he'll be off work. And then, he still has to pay the damn deductibles.
Like we talked about in the past....I don't trust anyone with a DR at the end of their name.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Does he eat healthy things?....a grain as simple as (real) oatmeal, preferably rolled oats does wonders for the heart.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Does he eat healthy things?....a grain as simple as (real) oatmeal, preferably rolled oats does wonders for the heart.
We eat healthy meals. I don't control what he buys for lunch, or for his snacking habits. It was hard enough to get him to take a multivitamin, fish oil pill, and baby aspirin daily. He already plans to cuss out the DR if he insists on cutting out red meat.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Cussing the witch-doc won't accomplish much, but after not eating meat for quite some time, I really don't miss it. Although I'll have fish once in awhile, as long as it's wild...and a friend caught it....don't trust labels, or actual supposed origins of just about any commercial product these days.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Cussing the witch-doc won't accomplish much, but after not eating meat for quite some time, I really don't miss it. Although I'll have fish once in awhile, as long as it's wild...and a friend caught it....don't trust labels, or actual supposed origins of just about any commercial product these days.
Yeah. We won't be doing the vegan or vegetarian thing. And tofu is disgusting. The way I burn calories, a diet like that could kill me by starvation.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah. We won't be doing the vegan or vegetarian thing. And tofu is disgusting. The way I burn calories, a diet like that could kill me by starvation.
You should follow me around one day, I'm not exactly sitting at a desk all day, by no stretch of the imagination...actually work my ass off. One can get all the protein needed from plants. But like I said, I'll have fish once in awhile.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You should follow me around one day, I'm not exactly sitting at a desk all day, by no stretch of the imagination...actually work my ass off. One can get all the protein needed from plants. But like I said, I'll have fish once in awhile.
Even when asleep, Phillip says I put off so much body heat that he only gets under the covers with me in the winter. He can literally say he has never met a woman as hot as I am. Now, that's some serious calorie burning.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh, and I'm not saying to just say screw the doctors advice.....but helping yourself is much better than someone else "trying" to help. Knowledge is the first step for curing any disease.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bob...what brand did you buy?...I was thinking about getting rid of this glass top, going back old-school.
Got a whirlpool. It is cheap and kinda cheap too. But very good parts availability.
But from what I saw choices were limited for what the Wifeunit specified.
Coil burners, White, self cleaning oven.
At least the burners set properly in this one unlike the GE model...

There was one Samsung model I found online. Did not see in person but cost a couple of hundred more.
Hope they do not explode like their washers do...

Last edited:

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got a whirlpool. It is cheap and kinda cheap too. But very good parts availability.
But from what I saw choices were limited for what the Wifeunit specified.
Coil burners, White, self cleaning oven.
At least the burners set properly in this one unlike the GE model...

There was one Samsung model I found online. Did not see in person but cost a couple of hundred more.
Hope they do not explode like their washers do...
Had a whirlpool washer. Motor went out. Had a whirlpool dryer. Heating element went out. Had a whirlpool refrigerator. Condensor went out. Parts could be ordered, if we were willing to wait 2 months or longer.
End result: there will never be another whirlpool anything in our house.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Knowledge is the first step for curing any disease.
Had a whirlpool washer. Motor went out. Had a whirlpool dryer. Heating element went out. Had a whirlpool refrigerator. Condensor went out. Parts could be ordered, if we were willing to wait 2 months or longer.
End result: there will never be another whirlpool anything in our house.
All parts are available 1 hour drive away in Lexington.

wish there were still Norge appliances around. Or the origional Maytag.
or even the old Maytag, who is owned by whirlpool now.
Appliances in the USA are like lawnmowers only about 3-4 makers of them.

I am NOT buying a Korean made appliance. some of them explode!
And parts availability?

Bought a genuine Matag Washer about 15 years ago. Motor went out very quickly. Warranty people came out and replaced motor. Was actually contact assembly on side of motor but they replaced entire motor assembly.
Not a problem with the Washer since.

to meet the wifes specs for the range the only available ones were Whirlpool or GE. On the GE I looked at the burners would not even sit down in their place properly.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you Dale, how very true this statement is
I don't miss the meat either, well not much anyway, not enough to go back to killing myself by eating it

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Evening pholks...just returned from Tucson again.....what a nightmare driving home...car fire on the interstate, cars backed up as far as the eye could see, and no way off the damn road....unbelievable. Left at 5:30 this morning, pulled into my driveway at 7:00 tonight.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Evening pholks...just returned from Tucson again.....what a nightmare driving home...car fire on the interstate, cars backed up as far as the eye could see, and no way off the damn road....unbelievable. Left at 5:30 this morning, pulled into my driveway at 7:00 tonight.
Evening Dale, that really suck my friend, kinda makes you want to make your own road around it
How's things been for you

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Evening Dale, that really suck my friend, kinda makes you want to make your own road around it
How's things been for you
Good Jimi....just had a few jobs in Tucson I thought we could do in one day, which turned into two....:devil:

AND...it was 105 when I left Tucson.....:headbang:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I eat quite a bit, guess I should be eating more though. When I was 3 yrs old I had 3 foot of large intestines taken out and things have never been the same, was actually pronounced dead but came back when they were unhooking me, strange

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
How's things for you my friend
Situation Normal... rained here all day. Temp about 40 right now.
Left at 5:30 this morning, pulled into my driveway at 7:00 tonight.
Looks like you actually beat me for lousy days, Dale. o_O The shopping trip actually turned out to be 263 miles and 12 separate stops, but at least I managed to do it all in just under nine hours. :)

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
At this point, I'd take a hard freeze over 100+ degree temps at the end of Sept.
Had a hard time liking that Dale, that just sucks, been nice here daytime high was close to 70, I think. Supposed to be close to those temps all week too:), I enen had to put on a long sleeved shirt

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Looks like you actually beat me for lousy days, Dale. o_O The shopping trip actually turned out to be 263 miles and 12 separate stops, but at least I managed to do it all in just under nine hours. :)
We can't buy a rain here Rich, Rained to the North South, and West of us (within a few miles) but not a drop here

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I somehow knew you had a LONG day yesterday...... just my intuition tho....:(

VU Sponsors