Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The recipe gave me some other mix ideas, using different creams custards and caramels as alternatives - or renditions of the original recipe....:)
I was marveling at this whole thing earlier today.* I have mentioned Butterbeer ... oh, half a dozen times? Since the Old Pharts thread began, and until you asked what was in it, nobody seemed even the least bit interested, but now several of you plan to make some and/or modify the recipe and this is like... getting to be fun. We might all come out of this with something we can enjoy (doesn't matter whose recipe is followed, just make something you find yummy and, like, VAPE ON, Dudes.). :D

*The reason I had time to marvel is that I started to mow the dog yard and had to quit because of more nasty thunderstorms. I have heard thunder for the last nine hours... OK, I haven't because I am mostly deaf, o_O but Lannie has told me she was hearing it. I did see the lightning and lots of rain, however.

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I was marveling at this whole thing earlier today.* I have mentioned Butterbeer ... oh, half a dozen times? Since the Old Pharts thread began, and until you asked what was in it, nobody seemed even the least bit interested, but now several of you plan to make some and/or modify the recipe and this is like... getting to be fun. We might all come out of this with something we can enjoy (doesn't matter whose recipe is followed, just make something you find yummy and, like, VAPE ON, Dudes.). :D

*The reason I had time to marvel is that I started to mow the dog yard and had to quit because of more nasty thunderstorms. I have heard thunder for the last nine hours... OK, I haven't because I am mostly deaf, o_O but Lannie has told be she was hearing it. I did see the lightning and lots of rain, however.

Funny, because I never thought about it because I don't care for butter or beer :giggle:

But butterscotch and root beer? Yeah, that gets my attention, lol

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

*The reason I had time to marvel is that I started to mow the dog yard and had to quit because of more nasty thunderstorms. I have heard thunder for the last nine hours... OK, I haven't because I am mostly deaf, o_O but Lannie has told be she was hearing it. I did see the lightning and lots of rain, however.
Indeed, that is a really good idea....but....I don't remember you mentioning butterbeer in the past, but I'm old - and forgetful.....:D

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Funny, because I never thought about it because I don't care for butter or beer :giggle:

But butterscotch and root beer? Yeah, that gets my attention, lol
Funny, also, how a name can make us think it is made of something other than what is really in it. Like Scotchcake. Is that booze? Butterscotch and cupcake. Butterbeer - Butterscotch and Root beer.... And Cromwell clued me into a tobacco flavor called Desert Ship. It would never (NEVER) have occurred to me that this was another way of saying Camels, the butts I smoked for 50 years. Had to add a touch of butterscotch to that too, and now it really does taste like the ciggybutt by that name. Oh well...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hell, I even forgot LA is on the pacific....been sitting here daydreaming how long before the boat makes it to the Panama Canal....it might take a hell of a long time if it takes that course to a different port....ON the way BACK....:giggle:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Funny, also, how a name can make us think it is made of something other than what is really in it. Like Scotchcake. Is that booze? Butterscotch and cupcake. Butterbeer - Butterscotch and Root beer.... And Cromwell clued me into a tobacco flavor called Desert Ship. It would never (NEVER) have occurred to me that this was another way of saying Camels, the butts I smoked for 50 years. Had to add a touch of butterscotch to that too, and now it really does taste like the ciggybutt by that name. Oh well...

Those names are closer descriptions than Unicorn Vomit (though it probably does taste like puke) or nonsense like Thrasher or Donkey Khan (what, tastes like ass?)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hell, I even forgot LA is on the pacific....been sitting here daydreaming how long before the boat makes it to the Panama Canal....it might take a hell of a long time if it takes that course to a different port....ON the way BACK....:giggle:

They say with global warming boats will be able to take the northern passage once the ice cap melts, that would be a scenic route for your stuff :teehee:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hmmmm... maybe that is what I made with the Desert Ship and Butterscotch.... Camels ... if I called it CamelButt, would I be infringing on their Donkey Kong... Dong? ...uh, Khan? :rolleyes:

This is reminding me of a very racist joke I first heard in the 70s...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What happened to Cromwell?

Hope the Blazer he's been working on didn't fall on him, or something bizarre......:oops:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Why are camels called ships of the desert?

(Will have to PM the answer though - lol, forum rules and all...)

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Do to summer yard work obligations, Crom had to move off the night shift and get to bed earlier. I believe you can still get hold of him on the morning shift.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Maybe he had to take the SIL to Walmart today, that usually puts him in an off mood.....:teehee:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I think he is just being cheap, saving on electricity by hitting the hay early :teehee:
I never thought about that, and Lannie is always flustered because I walk around behind her turning the lights off. I am only using one light bulb and a computer down here in the dungeon, but I might be able to save 5 cents if I'd go to bed an hour earlier....:crazy:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I never thought about that, and Lannie is always flustered because I walk around behind her turning the lights off. I am only using one light bulb and a computer down here in the dungeon, but I might be able to save 5 cents if I'd go to bed an hour earlier....:crazy:

There is such a thing as going too far with thrift

Last edited:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Juice...did you hear anything from the bank regarding the house?

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
There is such a thing as going to far with thrift
While that is true, when you are living on minimal income (social security doesn't go very far), if I can save a couple bucks a month, that might be one more bottle of vape juice Lannie can get or one more can of cat food or... I learned to be a Scrooge when I was a child (raised in poverty) and even when I had a good-paying job, Thrift at home never left me. Others had a different impression of me, because I drove a new Trans Am, but in reality, my car didn't cost any more than their big trucks.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
They are dragging it out big time - supposedly will close July 9 - which is faster than originally estimated

I've never dealt with a foreign bank before, so did end up having to hire a pimp realtor - this is a cash sale and its still a nightmare :eek:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Juice...did you hear anything from the bank regarding the house?

They are dragging it out big time - supposedly will close July 9 - which is faster than originally estimated

I've never dealt with a foreign bank before, so did end up having to hire a pimp realtor - this is a cash sale and its still a nightmare :eek:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Yeah I know, went through that shit during the so-called housing crisis....place a bid on a repo and don't hear anything for three months. That was Bank of America.....which are just as bad as any foreign bank.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I know, went through that shit during the so-called housing crisis....place a bid on a repo and don't hear anything for three months. That was Bank of America.....which are just as bad as any foreign bank.

I'm just glad Mr Juicy likes it - I put in the bid sight unseen because he started dragging his big size 11 EEE feet

But it was a good deal and if I didn't like it after actually seeing it, would have turned it into an AirBnB

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Shoes have always been a problem for me too. Pointy cowboy boots will be 11 or 12D, but round-toed shoes can be 10 1/2E. Born with no arches, so mom tried to get me special shoes as a kid and the doctor told her $300 (a whole month's wages for her back then), but cowboy boots could be had at MonkeyWard's for $20, so guess what I grew up wearing...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I wear a 12D, seem to be simple to acquire. I'm a boot man too, been wearing um for many years.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, we're into the bitching hour... uh, witching hour, so I guess I better let the cats in for the night (the thunderstorms finally quit) and get my much-needed beauty sleep. :rolleyes: Talk at youse guyz tomorrow...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, we're into the bitching hour... uh, witching hour, so I guess I better let the cats in for the night (the thunderstorms finally quit) and get my much-needed beauty sleep. :rolleyes: Talk at youse guyz tomorrow...
Have a good one, Rich....I'm heading that way too.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You mean they are not a foreign bank? Is there NA on the end of their name?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Do not like Rootbeer myself.
Nothing that tastes like Sassafras Tea.

But then I have strange tastes.

I disliked root beer most of my adult life; after I quit smoking, I started liking it again, go figure :crazy:

But of course, I'm not allowed real sugar anymore so vaping is a good alternative, except I've yet to find a good recipe that doesn't fade with age

phil68

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I disliked root beer most of my adult life; after I quit smoking, I started liking it again, go figure :crazy:

But of course, I'm not allowed real sugar anymore so vaping is a good alternative, except I've yet to find a good recipe that doesn't fade with age
Hay juicy you should try pinacolada for me it keeps it's taste

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hay juicy you should try pinacolada for me it keeps it's taste

Sorry, not a fan of coconut or lime or I would :)

But I'll bet more than one Phart would enjoy your recipe!

Most juices I make keep their flavor just fine - and usually get better with age. Root beer was the only one I've had trouble with

I'm a lazy-ass mixer :giggle:

I don't really enjoy making juice, so I make at least 250 mls of each recipe for each batch. I keep two of the same of my favorites on hand. When one 250ml (or more) bottle runs out, I use the one I just emptied to make another and vape from the one that was steeping

This way, I rarely have to mix more than every six weeks or so. In a pinch I can go about three months without mixing. My goal is to mix only every two months

Made an exception for these recipes, as I was in the mood and they sounded good. I made 100mls of each, just for testing.

That way, if I like them I will make 250ml next time I do a big batch (probably in a month or so) and never worry about running out

phil68

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry, not a fan of coconut or lime or I would :)

But I'll bet more than one Phart would enjoy your recipe!

Most juices I make keep their flavor just fine - and usually get better with age. Root beer was the only one I've had trouble with

I'm a lazy-ass mixer :giggle:

I don't really enjoy making juice, so I make at least 250 mls of each recipe for each batch. I keep two of the same of my favorites on hand. When one 250ml (or more) bottle runs out, I use the one I just emptied to make another and vape from the one that was steeping

This way, I rarely have to mix more than every six weeks or so. In a pinch I can go about three months without mixing. My goal is to mix only every two months

Made an exception for these recipes, as I was in the mood and they sounded good. I made 100mls of each, just for testing.

That way, if I like them I will make 250ml next time I do a big batch (probably in a month or so) and never worry about running out
Sorry but I buy my juice from a store their name is caterpillar Vapes you get them in less than 4 days if you live in the UNITED STATES

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, like my friend who broke the tip off of an expensive knife while trying to dig PENNIES frozen solid the ice in a parking lot :giggle::giggle::giggle:

We call it "cheapness biting you in the ass"
Not worth working my pore ol back to pick up a penny.
Now if there are 10 or more of them ;)

Want to see some fun?

Super glue a 50 cent piece to a floor in front of an elevator :)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Not worth working my pore ol back to pick up a penny.
Now if there are 10 or more of them ;)

Want to see some fun?

Super glue a 50 cent piece to a floor in front of an elevator :)

I used to have a coffee shop in front of a Costco type store

I crazy glued a torn corner from a five dollar bill to the concrete under one of the mats :p

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am another one that dislikes rootbeer. If I can get a cherry cola vape that ain't foul, I'd be happy. It seems every time I try to get a chocolate or cola vape juice, it tastes so artificial that I can't stand it. Then, there's the cheesecake Vapes that taste like clay, which is the reason I hated Barclay cigarettes. I knew a guy that smoked them, and they tasted ... like a bar of clay.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If there is a vape juice that tastes like licorice, I want nothing to do with it. I'd prefer garlic. Heck, even jalapeno would be better. Not that I want to vape that, I hate licorice that much. Rootbeer and sassafras are just as disgusting.
Want sassafras roots? I'm still trying to kill one that keeps trying to spread across the front lawn. The main tree finally bit the dust, but not the spreaders.

VU Sponsors