Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rest is always good when one is sick.

So where are all the biscuit throwers tonight?

Jimi-it took me about 2 weeks to get over what I had. I still don't know if it was the flu but it was the worst shit I have ever experienced in a lifetime. It was worse than having my gallbladder removed.
I am hoping it doesn't last that long I have been taking loads of herbs and Dale sent me a care package today, well I mean i got it today and it is helping I am pretty sick

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And yes, Jimi, if you have the same malady that many of us have suffered, 2 wks is about the norm. Which is actually a week shorter than a similar flu i suffered in 1997. However, if any fever lingers past a week, it's a stupendous idea to visit a doc, because that probably indicates a secondary bacterial infection that needs antibiotics. I had that, and the antibiotics made me feel worse while taking them, but they did manage to fix me.

Andria

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Fermented foods are very important to your gut and immune system
Do be careful with the type and process, however. Many fermentation techniques introduce fungal issues, which in turn, introduces mycotoxins, which are extremely harmful to your body (see the Path to Health stuff - oh, you can't - I deleted that from that other forum - but Crom made a CD for Jimi and if he kept it, he can make you one too).

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is what I have been saying since day one. This is clearly an engineered virus that either escaped the lab or was deliberately introduced to the public. Waaaay too many people are dying from it and the age groups are such that their immune systems should be in prime condition.
I agree 100% on that my friend this one is to unique.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Since I got up at the crack of dawn again I need to head out and visit a pillow. You guys have a great night!
I'll probably have dreams of making pickles now. I will have to check out a you tube or grab a book at the library.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have had canned goods that were 8 - 10 years old and still good as ones that are 3 mo. old.
We have some canned dill pickles that are about 8 years old and just starting to taste "off." I would like to come up with a process that will preserve for 20 years, and I don't mean military MREs - those things are full of crap that is very bad for you.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's been in the 80's here for about a month...now it's in the 30's...have my garden covered with bed sheets for the night...hope this crap goes back to AK....:teehee:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Can't wait until my love-shaq is finished in EC, where the temp is about 78 degrees year round. I'm building a huge solar dehydrator on the farm.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And yes, Jimi, if you have the same malady that many of us have suffered, 2 wks is about the norm. Which is actually a week shorter than a similar flu i suffered in 1997. However, if any fever lingers past a week, it's a stupendous idea to visit a doc, because that probably indicates a secondary bacterial infection that needs antibiotics. I had that, and the antibiotics made me feel worse while taking them, but they did manage to fix me.

Andria
Thank you Andria I'll remember that this is day 3 and 1/2 the first day I had no real fever but now I am pretty hot But thanks again for the heads up.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Since I got up at the crack of dawn again I need to head out and visit a pillow. You guys have a great night!
I'll probably have dreams of making pickles now. I will have to check out a you tube or grab a book at the library.
You should do that Sandi just for the organic foods storage and once you learn it you will always have it for life Store cans are sprsyed with chemical sealer that gives cancer Oh and good night Sandi

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We have some canned dill pickles that are about 8 years old and just starting to taste "off." I would like to come up with a process that will preserve for 20 years, and I don't mean military MREs - those things are full of crap that is very bad for you.
All my canned green beens,carrots. beets etc etc last 15 years because they were canned in a pressure caner

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thank you Andria I'll remember that this is day 3 and 1/2 the first day I had no real fever but now I am pretty hot But thanks again for the heads up.

Yeah, my fever was delayed a bit too, about 24-36 hrs after I first noticed I was probably coming down with something -- I thought it was a cold. And my fever never did go nuts like my husband's did, shooting to 104F, but even 100.4 was enough to make me feel wretched. I stayed somewhere between 99.8 and 100.4 at first, then seemed to ease up, but never would go completely away... that, coupled with how short of breath I was, and I was starting to fear the infamous "walking pneumonia"... but my chest xray just showed a lot of congestion, my doc said, which seemed to him not pneumonia but bronchitis -- still bacterial, but not quite as dire.

Andria

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
All my canned green beans,carrots. beets etc etc last 15 years because they were canned in a pressure caner
Very few things get "fridge canned" around here. Lannie uses a pressure canner for most things.

Teddy is annoying me to go to bed, so I'm gonna follow the kitten's advice tonight and turn in. Talk to you guys more tomorrow. G'nite all.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, my fever was delayed a bit too, about 24-36 hrs after I first noticed I was probably coming down with something -- I thought it was a cold. And my fever never did go nuts like my husband's did, shooting to 104F, but even 100.4 was enough to make me feel wretched. I stayed somewhere between 99.8 and 100.4 at first, then seemed to ease up, but never would go completely away... that, coupled with how short of breath I was, and I was starting to fear the infamous "walking pneumonia"... but my chest xray just showed a lot of congestion, my doc said, which seemed to him not pneumonia but bronchitis -- still bacterial, but not quite as dire.

Andria
That's the way mine started Andria my fever started at 99.9 then that night it hit 102 Haven.t checked it today shit I know I am sick

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Andria
Yeah there are three strains two are mutants of the first
With one you get sick feel like hell run a mild fever it settles into your shest
The second you develop a higher fever of 102 -104 degrees like you are going to die (some do) and have dizziness
The third is rare right now but is airborne and deadly

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Very few things get "fridge canned" around here. Lannie uses a pressure canner for most things.

Teddy is annoying me to go to bed, so I'm gonna follow the kitten's advice tonight and turn in. Talk to you guys more tomorrow. G'nite all.
Good night Drac sleep well my friend see you tomorrow

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just have to jump in here and clear up a couple of things. ;) Those old pickles (they're 13 years old now) don't taste "off," they're just mushy because I didn't use lime when I canned them. Without using the lime, they get mushy after a few years. Note to self: Do NOT can 50 quarts of dill pickles next time, just because you have the cukes. ;)

I did give a bunch of old (probably 10 years old) pressure-canned green beans to the chickens a couple years back because they had a weird, almost metallic aftertaste. It wasn't anything bad, the chickens ate them and didn't die or anything, but they didn't taste fresh anymore. I just hope the rabbits and the bugs let me get some more beans to can this year, because the only thing better than home-canned green beans is fresh steamed green beans. I would like some of both!

And I LOVE refrigerator pickles! There's not a thing wrong with making them that way, and those DO stay crisp. They say they'll last a year in the fridge, but ours lasted twice that long and were still good. (I made too many of those, too...) The only problem with those is you have to make them more often, and they take up space in the fridge, but they're VERY good!

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I finally sanded my "black" Serpent Mini, now it's attractive SS :) finally tired of flecks of paint coming off

Also, 3 inches of rain down, 3 or 4 more inches to go this week *sips coffee*
IMG_20180221_085124~2-753x1233.jpg

vandyman

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I turned 55 on the 19th, so I guess I am an old fart.
Should I sign up for ARP?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Forget AARP. I just threw away yet another piece of their junk mail. When I was young, I learned they constantly use scare tactics to get more money once they get you on the hook.

vandyman

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Forget AARP. I just threw away yet another piece of their junk mail. When I was young, I learned they constantly use scare tactics to get more money once they get you on the hook.
I get so much junk mail from all kinds of entities. (Lower your energy bill, $5000 off a new car, save the world, etc..) great for the fire pit..

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Forget AARP
Way back when I was, ummmm... 55? I signed on with those crooks for a three-year membership. Honestly, i never once found anything through AARP that I couldn't get cheaper or better quality doing it myself. They still, 14 years later, send me a couple pieces of junk mail every month trying to convince me to renew. Count up the postage they have used trying to get me back and see how much the other members are paying for them to try to convince me to renew. Not a chance!

VU Sponsors