Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It sure doesn’t. I’ll have help when it comes to planting time though. The grandkids love to do that kind of stuff. I told them I would get them a flower bed ready this year also. They get to pick out what they want to plant in it. Should be an interesting mix.

In the immortal words of Socrates, “ I drank what?!”
All my grand kids grew u so the wifey and I have to do it all now.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Tell it sister! I do hope you’re back to normal or at least much better now Andria :)

I'm feeling much better, thanks, but I'm still running into a fatigue barrier at a much earlier point than has been my norm; just going grocery shopping yesterday, when I got back into the truck afterward, I was so tired I nearly felt ill. Today I did 3 loads of laundry and cooked dinner, and a couple times I had to lie down on the couch for 15 mins and just rest, like I'm some kind of damn invalid or old woman or something. :p Still gotta get the 3rd load out of the drier, and then I'll be nearly done with working; I was smart enough to get most of the dishes done while dinner was in the oven, so I don't have much cleanup left at all. :)

Andria

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
All my grand kids grew u so the wifey and I have to do it all now.

They definitely grow up too fast. We had some time before the movie today so we went by hobby lobby to look around. My wife and grand daughter went to look at all of the Valentine’s Day decorations on sale while me and the boys went to look at the models. One picked out an airplane and the other picked a helicopter. I got me a new sketch book and some more lead for my pencil. The girls found a bunch of decorations for 70 to 80 percent off.

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I'm feeling much better, thanks, but I'm still running into a fatigue barrier at a much earlier point than has been my norm; just going grocery shopping yesterday, when I got back into the truck afterward, I was so tired I nearly felt ill. Today I did 3 loads of laundry and cooked dinner, and a couple times I had to lie down on the couch for 15 mins and just rest, like I'm some kind of damn invalid or old woman or something. :p Still gotta get the 3rd load out of the drier, and then I'll be nearly done with working; I was smart enough to get most of the dishes done while dinner was in the oven, so I don't have much cleanup left at all. :)

Andria

Paper plates are really easy to clean up.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Robert, getting all your tools bought up my friend
Getting enough of a start to build some shelves and such in the basement.
Need to pick up a framing and Tri square tomorrow.
And some lumber as that was in my shed complex as well.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Getting enough of a start to build some shelves and such in the basement.
Need to pick up a framing and Tri square tomorrow.
And some lumber as that was in my shed complex as well.
I wish we lived closer, Crom. There's a bunch of stuff I so seldom use that I would just give you to replenish your tool supply. But I don't particularly want to be in Kentucky and I am absolutely sure you don't want to be in "sunny" South Dakota (cough, choke, gasp, as he crawls out from under a huge snow drift). o_O

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Confession: on the way out of town thought I'd cheat and have a MickeyD biscuit breakfast dealie

Darn thing was hard as a rock - I chucked it out the window before we reached Sutton and my guess is that even the birds won't want it and it is liable to remain frozen on the road until break up
:) That's the spirit of biscuit throwing!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wish we lived closer, Crom. There's a bunch of stuff I so seldom use that I would just give you to replenish your tool supply. But I don't particularly want to be in Kentucky and I am absolutely sure you don't want to be in "sunny" South Dakota (cough, choke, gasp, as he crawls out from under a huge snow drift). o_O
Appreciate the thought though.
Nope been to SD once and it was enough. No offense intended.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That took a while.
Will get Jimi's CD sent out Monday.
Well, I deleted all the files you copied for Jimi's CD, then, just for fun, deleted every post I made on their version of OPC (now senior humor). There are still about a thousand on the other thread, but that's too much time to waste. And, frankly, even though they might still be snooping over here, I don't care if the snowflakes are offended by me posting this in the open.

I don't think you can send it Monday. Isn't "President's Day" a postal holiday?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I deleted all the files you copied for Jimi's CD, then, just for fun, deleted every post I made on their version of OPC (now senior humor). There are still about a thousand on the other thread, but that's too much time to waste. And, frankly, even though they might still be snooping over here, I don't care if the snowflakes are offended by me posting this in the open.

considering a no start Bobcat you might want to avoid pissing off snowflakes?

But yes I am sure we are being watched.
Prolly a good idea with me being a hothead and all :)

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Paper plates are really easy to clean up.

Yeah, I use 'em for a few things, but in general, they offend my tightwad soul. Washing dishes saves both money and the planet from mountains of garbage, since there isn't actually any place known as "away." It's also impossible to COOK dinner on paper plates -- that requires cookware. Which must be washed. In the unlikely event that I ever get 6 lucky numbers, maybe I'll just throw dishes away when they're dirty, instead of washing 'em. Hmmm.. nah. That wouldn't be a good way to STAY filthy rich.

Andria

VU Sponsors