Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hey glad you’re better! :)
Ummm... I’m not sick and doing three loads of laundry and drying and putting them away would still kill me haha

Well.. I've been a housewife for 30+ yrs. Trust me, 3 loads of laundry is NOT a heavy day. :D Now 5... yeah, that would be a really busy day. :D

Andria

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Never, have internet....:wave:
Well, I assume you'd stay connected to us internutz. But when you get all the building done, do you plan to live there permanently?

Given the weather here in South Dakota (been blizzarding most of the day and not likely to stop until Tuesday morning), I'm about ready to move down there and hire on as your gardener. :rolleyes:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, I assume you'd stay connected to us internutz. But when you get all the building done, do you plan to live there permanently?

Given the weather here in South Dakota (been blizzarding most of the day and not likely to stop until Tuesday morning), I'm about ready to move down there and hire on as your gardener. :rolleyes:
Hahahaha....:giggle:

It'll be a couple years before I move permanently, need to sell my businesses, houses, et al.. prior.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I wish somebody would I feel like shit

Just try to keep eating, and sleeping -- every little bit you can eat makes you stronger, and sleep is healing. And if you have a cough, try to cough up any congestion before it hangs around long enough to turn into bronchitis.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
spent the whole day at the car dealership today.. 7 hours!
Ended up taking home a 2018 Jeep Latitude.

Man I hate days like that; we had one that was similar in Dec 2016, but we walked out of there with a nearly-new very-low-mileage 2016 Silverado, at a monthly pmt we could actually afford -- because they knew, from our last visit there, that if they didn't give us a pmt we could afford, we'd walk right out the door. :)

Andria

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just try to keep eating, and sleeping -- every little bit you can eat makes you stronger, and sleep is healing. And if you have a cough, try to cough up any congestion before it hangs around long enough to turn into bronchitis.

Andria
Thanks Andria that's pretty much what I have been doing, I guess it just has to run it's coarse.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks Dale I'll do that, this has been a bitch of a flu
I could overnight you what is necessary to rid you of any virus....but it might be a little late in the game. If you just got sick the last couple days....I'll send it first thing in the morning.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks Andria that's pretty much what I have been doing, I guess it just has to run it's coarse.

Yep exactly, and it's infuriating, being colonized by a virus like that, but once it gets that foothold... you just gotta hang on and "enjoy" the ride. Trying to eat was the hardest for me, because every food I smelled, from the other family members, just sickened me -- and then once you go a day or two eating little to nothing, it becomes nearly impossible to eat more than 2-3 bites of anything. And then sleeping got to be a problem, when the bronchitis really set in, because having asthma means that if you can't breathe, your central nervous system won't LET you fall asleep, which is also maddening when you feel horrible and just want unconsciousness!

Rest all you can, eat as much bland unthreatening food as you can, force as much liquid down your throat as you can possibly manage, and just hang on till the ride's finished.

Andria

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yep exactly, and it's infuriating, being colonized by a virus like that, but once it gets that foothold... you just gotta hang on and "enjoy" the ride. Trying to eat was the hardest for me, because every food I smelled, from the other family members, just sickened me -- and then once you go a day or two eating little to nothing, it becomes nearly impossible to eat more than 2-3 bites of anything. And then sleeping got to be a problem, when the bronchitis really set in, because having asthma means that if you can't breathe, your central nervous system won't LET you fall asleep, which is also maddening when you feel horrible and just want unconsciousness!

Rest all you can, eat as much bland unthreatening food as you can, force as much liquid down your throat as you can possibly manage, and just hang on till the ride's finished.

Andria
Yeah it really sucks nothing has any taste, can't vape worth a shit, and I have sleeping problems anyway so it real hard getting a good sleep, but I did nap today for a while. I drink 2 gallons of water a day to help detox anyway so I think I am drinking enough,. Oh well, I hope it pass quick. Thanks Andria

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks! I can't file a fraud report until the transaction go "hard copy" so they say. Luckily, it was about 48 dollars but when one is not working that is still money needed for funding. I was planning on buying my meds with it. Now, I'll have to wait a few days for meds. Kinda pissed but nothing I can do but wait it out. I'm surprised they didn't drain the account.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks! I can't file a fraud report until the transaction go "hard copy" so they say. Luckily, it was about 48 dollars but when one is not working that is still money needed for funding. I was planning on buying my meds with it. Now, I'll have to wait a few days for meds. Kinda pissed but nothing I can do but wait it out. I'm surprised they didn't drain the account.

Do you have BB&T banks in your area? This same thing happened to me a couple yrs ago, but since I keep a close eye on my acct online, I spotted the fraud right away, before it posted, and BB&T refunded the money within 24 hrs, all I had to do was go to the bank and sign some forms which they then notarized; I did have to wait a few days for a new debit card to arrive in the mail, but the money got put back ASAP. My husband and I joke that "BBT" must surely mean "best bank in town." :D They really are!

Andria

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I do keep a sharp eye on my account. Luckily, the card was shut down quick. I will see how good this bank is. It's my first fraud occurrence at this bank. I keep the amount low but I had money in it to pay my internet with as well as meds. I hope I can get this resolved before the 27th of this month to pay my bill.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I do keep a sharp eye on my account. Luckily, the card was shut down quick. I will see how good this bank is. It's my first fraud occurrence at this bank. I keep the amount low but I had money in it to pay my internet with as well as meds. I hope I can get this resolved before the 27th of this month to pay my bill.
Sorry to hear this. I get text and emails when my card is used....had the same thing happen after ordering from a vape company a couple years ago. Wells Fargo refunded the money immediately, and I had a new card in two business days.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sorry to hear this. I get text and emails when my card is used....had the same thing happen after ordering from a vape company a couple years ago. Wells Fargo refunded the money immediately, and I had a new card in two business days.
This is a mastercard bank card. They better take care of me. :) I'm not sweating it yet. I could get a new card today but thought I might as well wait till I file the dispute.
Gotta take care of Jimi...he just fought cancer and won, don't want the flu killing him....:(
So true! Your a great person! I hope Jimi can beat this flu fast. It's so horrible this year.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
When that happened to me, the bank reversed the charges the same day of the report. I asked them if they were going to prosecute the perps and they said it would cost them more to do that than to just soak up the charges. I hate that these assholes get away with this crap. The bank immediately canceled my card and sent me a new one (about a week).

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That’s just messed up.
Yes, scummy people who don't want to work stealing other peoples money.
When that happened to me, the bank reversed the charges the same day of the report. I asked them if they were going to prosecute the perps and they said it would cost them more to do that than to just soak up the charges. I hate that these assholes get away with this crap. The bank immediately canceled my card and sent me a new one (about a week).
I will see what happens. I'm not going to get myself too upset. The lady at the fraud department said it was my fault. Well its a chip card and I use it locally for debit, my internet payment online and at a few vape stores. I cannot control secure transactions that may not be. I refuse to hide in a hole because of thieves. :)

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The lady at the fraud department said it was my fault.
That's a cop out on the bank's part. They give you a card and expect you to use it, but given the proliferation of modern electronics (portable chips readers, etc.), chip cards are the least secure POS on the planet, and the banks know it, and they don't care. Of course there are ways you can make it more secure, like never using an outside ATM (unmonitored and easy to hack), never handing your card to a waitress/ checkout clerk (don't let it out of your hand or out of your sight), do not use a debit card online (use PayPal or tracked credit cards with spending limits), etc. But theft is always the fault of the thief, not the card owner.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's a cop out on the bank's part. They give you a card and expect you to use it, but given the proliferation of modern electronics (portable chips readers, etc.), chip cards are the least secure POS on the planet, and the banks know it, and they don't care. Of course there are ways you can make it more secure, like never using an outside ATM (unmonitored and easy to hack), never handing your card to a waitress/ checkout clerk (don't let it out of your hand or out of your sight), do not use a debit card online (use PayPal or tracked credit cards with spending limits), etc. But theft is always the fault of the thief, not the card owner.
Exactly! I have used it at vape shops online (around 4), Amazon and Charter. This account was set up to be a online/small purchase account. I just thought of the scummy HR people who have access when one has to set up a account for them to deposit money in ones account. (Most entities have direct deposit these days).

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had the same thing and the crooks know they will get away with it if they keep it low enough. So what does that say to the the crooks.It will never stop if they keep getting away with it. It just SUCKS

VU Sponsors