VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Damn, you can't catch a break....!
Oh, the wind blows on the prairie almost constantly, but not usually this bad. Like I said before, we might have 5-10 calm days per year, but they usually happen when the temp is 100+. Actually, June is pretty nice here, though July and August are too hot. then the first freeze comes along near the end of September. This is a great place for testing your ability to cope.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh, the wind blows on the prairie almost constantly, but not usually this bad. Like I said before, we might have 5-10 calm days per year, but they usually happen when the temp is 100+. Actually, June is pretty nice here, though July and August are too hot. then the first freeze comes along near the end of September. This is a great place for testing your ability to cope.
Ability to cope....lmao....:)

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sadly, most don't watch things that may scare them into eating healthy.
Most people don't want to watch things at all. They also don't want to read the labels on their food. All that is too much work. Eggs are made in the back of the store... they wouldn't eat them if they knew they fell out of a chicken's ass. The butcher makes meat - god forbid they should have to cope with the idea that a cow was killed for their frickin' McBarf burger. Oh, and if the store sells it, it has to be healthy or the government would ban it... right? Yeah, bend over and let me show you how much your government cares about your health.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Home grown anything is fantastic....doesn't take much effort either.

My quail have savaged the cabbage patch, but their not touching anything else.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah i have noticed that too but one day they will wish they would of watched and saved themselves a lot of suffering.
Look at your own youth (ALL of us Old Phartz). Some might have managed to learn truth before it was too late. Others get cancer and have to fight for survival (huh, Jimi?). Some, like me, got very very fat and got extreme osteoarthritis and... well, tons of other shit, BEFORE I woke up. I might have lost 187 pounds, but it is still a long hard road we travel trying to make up for what we refused to believe or the extra work we would have had to do when we were young. It was just easier to have a burger, fries, Coke, potato chips, popcorn....

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Look at your own youth (ALL of us Old Phartz). Some might have managed to learn truth before it was too late. Others get cancer and have to fight for survival (huh, Jimi?). Some, like me, got very very fat and got extreme osteoarthritis and... well, tons of other shit, BEFORE I woke up. I might have lost 187 pounds, but it is still a long hard road we travel trying to make up for what we refused to believe or the extra work we would have had to do when we were young. It was just easier to have a burger, fries, Coke, potato chips, popcorn....

One of the sad things I see (and lived) was folks who think they are eating healthy and its anything but

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
One of the sad things I see (and lived) was folks who think they are eating healthy and its anything but
So very true. And look at the TV commercials, proclaiming their product is healthy. Maybe one ingredient actually would be, but the other hundred ingredients (or the process for making that product) are poison, so the overall effect is that it is bad for you. But people fixate on the "Cheerios is heart healthy" advertisement when it is a bold-faced lie.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So very true. And look at the TV commercials, proclaiming their product is healthy. Maybe one ingredient actually would be, but the other hundred ingredients (or the process for making that product) are poison, so the overall effect is that it is bad for you. But people fixate on the "Cheerios is heart healthy" advertisement when it is a bold-faced lie.
Nothing like a big bowl of GMO oats-wheat and other ingredients......sad, really sad.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Truly healthy eating is extremely expensive. As for the burger and fries, that's rare for me. Home cooked meals cost less. I just have to really eat a lot just maintain my body weight. That's the cost of a high metabolism.
If it weren't for the rheumatoid arthritis, eczema, and occasional psoriasis, I would be considered very healthy for my age.
But then I am still active. Well, as active as I can be, when the pain is not bad enough to stop me. I come from a very stubborn family line.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had to have half of my pancreas removed about 10 yrs ago (tumor in a bile duct)..the doctor said I would have to use insulin the rest of my life....I haven't used insulin in almost 6 yrs after I figured out how to eat healthy.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I am a spammer ban me used to be one, see it isn't now

Maybe spell this way: b o t o x

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
B o t o x? Why would anyone want to use a botulism toxin? Oh well...

Anyway, my eyes are drooping, so I'm gonna crawl over to the bed (wherever I left it) and see if the cats will let me have my pillow. Nitey nite.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Anyway, my eyes are drooping, so I'm gonna crawl over to the bed (wherever I left it) and see if the cats will let me have my pillow. Nitey nite.
Have great day tomorrow, Rich...hope the temps warm and the wind subsides.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am a spammer ban me skin restoration.

Hahahahaha

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I didn't use the word B T Ox in the initial post about skin.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

I am a spammer ban me skin restoration.

Hahahahaha

B O T O X was just an example of a word I know is banned, lol

VU Sponsors