Old Pharts Club

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Did you sign up for that food summit Lucy? It's supposed to be a good one my friend

I didn't but I should - will see if I can participate

Am taking Mr Juicy to Los Anchorage tomorrow for another neck/back surgery o_O

Wish he'd do more to take care of himself :(

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Sorry to hear that Lucy hope you can get back before it's oner, it's 7 or maybe 9 days

I hate for you to miss all that good info

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Sorry to hear that Lucy hope you can get back before it's oner, it's 7 or maybe 9 days

We'll see how this one goes - it's a biggie

The last one went very well, this one might be awhile

He still smokes so doesn't heal well - the last fusion took months to heal instead of weeks like its supposed to, and he was in the hospital longer than they originally thought he would be too

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We'll see how this one goes - it's a biggie

The last one went very well, this one might be awhile

He still smokes so doesn't heal well - the last fusion took months to heal instead of weeks like its supposed to, and he was in the hospital longer than they originally thought he would be too
Well I will be sending get well vibs daily

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No those are Mr Juicy's to keep

Well Lucy I am about to hobble into the bed room and elevate this knee

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
No those are Mr Juicy's to keep

Well Lucy I am about to hobble into the bed room and elevate this knee

You do that - I'm gonna get a mineral bath in - been a few days

Best and keep off that knee :wave:

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A big hello to all you old pharts! Very busy in my new journey in life. I need to take time to mix some liquid. I'm still trying to figure out if I really need a flavoring order from Bull city flavors. :) P.S. Wishing everyone a great day!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

I hope things are and will continue to go well with this. Hope you will give updates as/if you can. Good luck, and don't forget to look after yourself, too.

:hug:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
There is a song rattling around in the back of my brain that you need to sing to hubby. It's from the mid-1960s...
HANG ON JUICY
Juicy hang on.
Well, OK, maybe they were saying "Sloopy" instead, but it works this way too. Will be wishing him the best and hoping your nerves stay calm.

Last edited:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How's is going Rich?

Please tell me it was about 70 and sunny today......................................

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'll be back in a couple minutes, just fried the wick in my narda....:crazy:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dry burnt coil....rewicked.....dem nardas are simple to work with....:)

:popcorn:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
How's is going Rich?
Please tell me it was about 70 and sunny today......................................
Partly cloudy -- I think it made it up to about 65, then the clouds moved in, the wind picked up, the rain started, and the temperature dropped to around 40. Weather Guessers say we should get about an inch of rain tonight turning to snow in the morning, but only an inch accumulation of the white stuff (I doubt it will stick on top of an inch of rain, but even if it does, I suspect that will be gone before noon). Morning temp expected to be 35.

But today, I filled the chicken bin with wheat, then I cleaned the concrete pad in the horse corral and fixed the hydrant while Lannie was bucketing out 100 gallons of water from the horse trough, then we moved it out of the barn to the pad in the corral (we're hoping the need for the trough heater is done now). Then, after refilling the trough, I finished the work on the dog fence before the rain started.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Partly cloudy -- I think it made it up to about 65, then the clouds moved in, the wind picked up, the rain started, and the temperature dropped to around 40. Weather Guessers say we should get about an inch of rain tonight turning to snow in the morning, but only an inch accumulation of the white stuff (I doubt it will stick on top of an inch of rain, but even if it does, I suspect that will be gone before noon). Morning temp expected to be 35.

But today, I filled the chicken bin with wheat, then I cleaned the concrete pad in the horse corral and fixed the hydrant while Lannie was bucketing out 100 gallons of water from the horse trough, then we moved it out of the barn to the pad in the corral (we're hoping the need for the trough heater is done now). Then, after refilling the trough, I finished the work on the dog fence before the rain started.
Sounds like you worked your ass off today....................again.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ya have to be a hard ass to do all those chores everyday.
I don't think I ever even mention the routine chores that both of us do twice a day (feeding horses, cows, chickens, cats, dogs, filling the troughs and other water containers, forking up shit, etc., etc.). Tomorrow, after morning chores, I need to clean up the hay room, then drive 75 miles to Sturgis, fill the truck with small bales of hay, bring it home and stack it all in the hay room. That ought to get done just in time to start evening chores. There is no rest for the wicked... uh, for the rancher/farmer/whatever we are.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't think I ever even mention the routine chores that both of us do twice a day (feeding horses, cows, chickens, cats, dogs, filling the troughs and other water containers, forking up shit, etc., etc.). Tomorrow, after morning chores, I need to clean up the hay room, then drive 75 miles to Sturgis, fill the truck with small bales of hay, bring it home and stack it all in the hay room. That ought to get done just in time to start evening chores. There is no rest for the wicked... uh, for the rancher/farmer/whatever we are.
Really gotta love it....I assume.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My farm is going to consist of fruits and veggies...no animals.
Oh, you're gonna have animals... eating your crop. Which will require you to get a big dog to chase them away... then your girlfriend is gonna want a house pet of some type (a bird?), then... It starts slow, but ya know, love it or not, shit rolls downhill and gets bigger and bigger...

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I actually do believe in your intent. You sound like me 20 years ago. Let me know, however, about a year after you get moved down there, what animals you... um, DON'T have. :devil:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm into fishing....I'll be on the boat, not on the farm.
That reminds me... Lannie loves fish too. No, not fishing; fish. She used to have a few saltwater tanks and exotic fish. She'd like to have that stuff again, but there is no place to set all that crap up in this tiny house. Maybe the house needs to stay tiny... :oops:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That reminds me... Lannie loves fish too. No, not fishing; fish. She used to have a few saltwater tanks and exotic fish. She'd like to have that stuff again, but there is no place to set all that crap up in this tiny house. Maybe the house needs to stay tiny... :oops:
Hahaha....I guess it doesn't end for you....Good Luck with the fish.....:wave:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The last page of this thread looks like a PM with just you and me. What happened to all our compatriots? I know Crom was here awhile ago, and Lucy was here during the day... No Jimi yet.
HEY YOU GUYS!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh, you're gonna have FISH... eating your crop. Which will require you to get a big FISH TANK ... then Lannie is gonna want a BIGGER FISH of some type (a SHARK), then... It starts slow, but ya know, love it or not, shit rolls downhill and gets bigger and bigger...
I fixed that for ya.....:giggle:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The last page of this thread looks like a PM with just you and me. What happened to all our compatriots? I know Crom was here awhile ago, and Lucy was here during the day... No Jimi yet.
HEY YOU GUYS!
No idea....I was deleting spam and talking to you.....:blah:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have heard that every movie that has ever been made that includes piranhas is full of it; that they do not eat everything that gets in the water. We don't have those here (hell, we don't even have standing water here). I suppose they are common in Ecuador? So what's the truth? Ya gonna put your hand in the water when you're out fishing?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have heard that every movie that has ever been made that includes piranhas is full of it; that they do not eat everything that gets in the water. We don't have those here (hell, we don't even have standing water here). I suppose they are common in Ecuador? So what's the truth? Ya gonna put your hand in the water when you're out fishing?
The Amazon is full of Piranhas, and they WILL eat anything.....:tantrum:

I'm talking about deep sea fishing, I don't want any fish in tanks...I like catching Tuna, and eating them. Ecuador is known for Tuna....huge Tuna.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The Amazon is full of Piranhas, and they WILL eat anything.....:tantrum:
That would imply that there are no other fish anywhere in the Amazon River and no animal could swim across it without being devoured. You know that is not the reality. Maybe I should go look them little critters up to get facts.
I'm talking about deep sea fishing, I don't want any fish in tanks...I like catching Tuna, and eating them. Ecuador is known for Tuna....huge Tuna.
Ah, so you have a larger boat than the image that was in my little brain... I was thinking you were a lake fisherman. So is you new house close to the coast? I, personally, prefer Halibut over Tuna, but I can't catch either of them from here. I am told there are trout in the lake (reservoir) about 60 miles west of here, but I've never been fond enough of those to spend a day casting worms into the water. Guess I'm too impatient...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That would imply that there are no other fish anywhere in the Amazon River and no animal could swim across it without being devoured. You know that is not the reality. Maybe I should go look them little critters up to get facts.

There are all kinds of fish in the Amazon....but piranhas are abundant, they travel in packs, unlike many other fish species.

I'm a about two hours from the pacific....driving a good part of that on dirt roads.

VU Sponsors