Old Pharts Club

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Moral of the story: bitches stop bathing in perfume because you can kill someone. BTW all the bitch did was roll her eyes at me.

I too am acutely sensitive to scents, especially chemical ones and I find men and aftershave even more obnoxious - or maybe I just encounter is more often?

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I noticed that many medical facilities have signs posted regarding perfumes. Let's put perfume in perspective. There was a time when people used lots of it to cover their BO, since people only bathed once or twice a year. So, next time you smell someone like that, ask them what was the last time they took a shower or a bath.

There is a liquor store in the next town over from me. They sell tobacco, and have gambling machines. People smoke in there. The last time I went in there, the smoke was so bad that I could not breathe. I would have liked to spray those people with perfume. I won't ever go back in there.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bars now imho should allow vaping and smoking since you are in there to do your body harm anyway.
I agree with you in spirit @The Cromwell but I still say that vapor isn't the only "smell polution" out there, and none of the rest of it is banned from anywhere. I don't like my co-worker's Red Door perfume, but I can't call HR and ask them to make a policy banning perfume and after shave, and air freshener and Lysol spray and scented cleaners and candles and and and...get my drift? No, I don't want to walk through anyone's vapor cloud in a restaurant, but the nearly $200 we wasted on Mannheim Steamroller tickets a few years ago, well, it would've been nice to have those bucks back. A woman two rows down from us was BATHED in something, and omg it was worse than any vape cloud I've ever encountered. We had to move up into the nosebleed section to get away from her. Could have spent $85 instead of nearly $200, all because of her shitty perfume.

I did call a flight attendant on a woman next to me on a flight doing her nails with acetone based nail polish remover.
At first the flight attendant sided with the woman I then asked her name wrote it down and told her that flamable liquids were banned in the cabin on flights. She finally made the woman put it away.

I made an official complaint after the flight too.
flight attendant is supposed to know basic safety regs....

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Need to build a new shop, to get away from madness.....:)
The madness was at doctors office waiting area.
TV blaring with a horrible sitcom that was glorifying everything wrong with Americans today.
Brats running around screaming.
1 girl about 3 was running around spelling fuck loudly and her mother said it was cute....
Thought about ripping Tv from wall and beating the mother with it.

then I asked wife about what the doctor said about a different medicine to replace one that our ins will not pay for and is $98/mo. She said I forgot.... was one of the main reasons for the visit.
Then went to eat and waiter just hid in corner talking on his phone....
Stopped to get haircut and 1 hour wait....

Get the drift?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The madness was at doctors office waiting area.
TV blaring with a horrible sitcom that was glorifying everything wrong with Americans today.
Brats running around screaming.
1 girl about 3 was running around spelling fuck loudly and her mother said it was cute....
Thought about ripping Tv from wall and beating the mother with it.
I can see where a new Shop wouldn't eliminate those nitwits....:)

Unless of course you don't go to public venues.....:cuss2:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How big was your shop....I don't remember you ever saying?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Beautiful weather horribly crappy day looking for someone to kill or at least beat severely...

I've already said I resorted to benzos earlier in the day, so yeah, my day was crap. This afternoon I realized that I've been without my AD for two weeks, which is probably a big part of the reason I'm feeling so damn mean. I was ready to strangle me a bitch earlier this afternoon.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not a fantastic day for me either. I woke up with my back in enough pain, that I couldn't do anything all day. It might be from going up and down ladders yesterday. The weather being 24° cooler than yesterday could be a factor too.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Not a fantastic day for me either. I woke up with my back in enough pain, that I couldn't do anything all day. It might be from going up and down ladders yesterday. The weather being 24° cooler than yesterday could be a factor too.

So sorry to hear you're in pain. Getting old ain't for wimps. Nobody told me it was going to be like this. I'd have stopped keeping up with birthdays if I'd known. :xD: Seriously, though, I hope you get situated soon.

I'm going to bed to watch The Voice. Maybe the people who are left on there now can actually sing. (It's like the only network show I try to watch regularly, and a couple of days ago the singing was so bad I just turned it off midway through.)

Hope y'all have a nice chat later. I'll be sleeping, I hope. Have to work in the office tomorrow - oh, wretched hell. Thinking seriously of keeping my door closed all day. I am not fit company like this.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
How was your day, Rich?....anything exciting in the black hills?
Rather boring, actually. I spent most of it lying around because of the owies from the day before. Yeah, I did do chores morning and evening (very slowly, which pissed off the cows, who kept stealing hay from the sled I was pulling), filled the chicken feed bin, etc., but nothing extra. I have some fencing to fix, but the last of the snow has to go away before I can do that.

Don't know if there is anything at all going on in the Black Hills, given that they are 75+ miles southwest of me. We live out on the Prairie. :D
I thought Bob had a shed like Mark Todd, or similar....not a huge work shed, which I bet was nice.
The nice thing about a larger shop (as opposed to the "shed" type), is that we can dedicate select areas to select work types. One half (roughly) is wood working and wood storage, painting, staining, etc., one quarter is mechanical/electrical, one eighth is electronics and reloading/gunsmithing, and one eighth is the rock saw, grinders, polishers, etc. There is a bit of overlap between the dedicated sections for miscellaneous (park old riding mowers than need repair. etc.).

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rather boring, actually. I spent most of it lying around because of the owies from the day before. Yeah, I did do chores morning and evening (very slowly, which pissed off the cows, who kept stealing hay from the sled I was pulling), filled the chicken feed bin, etc., but nothing extra. I have some fencing to fix, but the last of the snow has to go away before I can do that.

Don't know if there is anything at all going on in the Black Hills, given that they are 75+ miles southwest of me. We live out on the Prairie. :D

The nice thing about a larger shop (as opposed to the "shed" type), is that we can dedicate select areas to select work types. One half (roughly) is wood working and wood storage, painting, staining, etc., one quarter is mechanical/electrical, one eighth is electronics and reloading/gunsmithing, and one eighth is the rock saw, grinders, polishers, etc. There is a bit of overlap between the dedicated sections for miscellaneous (park old riding mowers than need repair. etc.).
So you have the little house on the prairie.....no wonder the wind is blowing 100 mph continually....:)

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yesterday, I was up and down ladders to do some painting on the house. Add the fact that we got a 24° plunge in the high temperature. My rheumatism doesn't like that too well.
Take a long soak in Epsom salt water as hot as you can stand it, it will work wonders on what ever is paining you

VU Sponsors