1% TFA Brown Sugar (Extra)
0.5% FA Coconut
0.5% FA Meringue
0.5% FA Vanilla Classic
0.25% FA Marshmallow
0.25% FA Cinnamon Ceylon
0.25% FA Walnut
0.25% LorAnn Cream Cheese Icing.

A year ago I tasted a bottle of bear claw from a well known vendor and didn't care for it much. Too bland with just a hint of almond and a ton of cream. It did however set me in motion to figure out how to make one. I had no luck with it until a few of us were trying to develop a cake recipe and I used too much almond in mine and it set me off again. I finally succeeded in duplicating what I remember a bear claw tasting like when I was a kid.

It is good immediately after mixing and a good shake, but best after sitting overnight. I hope you enjoy it.
Ignore the number next to the name. It's just so I can find the recipe that I consider my final version.

Much thanks to Daintanee, Teresa P, and NGAHaze for putting up with my using them as guinea pigs and my one track mind.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do believe you should, my dear. Hey you guys won't believe this. I was working on an apple custard pie (no it is not perfected yet w/o U.K. flavors) and I used up to 6% Caps VC V2 and I actually loved it. is that not odd?

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I agree with Huck, this does sound fancy--and YUM. I can't wait to try it. Any ideas for my lack of cream cheese icing? Maybe a little more meringue? I've never used that flavor so I'm not sure what it adds.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I agree with Huck, this does sound fancy--and YUM. I can't wait to try it. Any ideas for my lack of cream cheese icing? Maybe a little more meringue? I've never used that flavor so I'm not sure what it adds.

It's such a small amount you could probably just leave it out.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I believe 150 posts takes you to bronze,,,,,,that's a lot of recipes and baby pics....;)

Having recently achieved the Bronze level, that's true. The amount of time here counts for nothing, only posts count.

Like this one, posts need not have any redeeming value. :) Accordingly, photos of your child submitted here need not be ones where they are only smiling. ;)

Ron
---
“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” – Dr. Wayne W. Dyer

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's such a small amount you could probably just leave it out.
My PG/VG will be here before I order any more flavors so I'll definitely try it that way at first. I must've read fifty or more recipes using this one over the years, though (la cream cheese icing), so it's going in the list.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
lirruping, I'm sorry, but I know of nothing to replace the LorAnn's Creme Cheese Icing. It is necessary too. Maybe some one out there knows if a replacement for it. It adds a sweet exhale that gets under the tongue and just completes it. Its best used in small amounts.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just mixed this up. It's stunning. Thanks a ton. Alternating this with my butterscotch RY4 (don't think I posted that yet) as my ADVs.
Thank you very much. I'm really glad you like it.

cass

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Bear Claw #329D

3% FA Almond
1.5% MamaJ's Game Over Custard
1% TFA Toasted Almond
1% TFA Brown Sugar (Extra)
0.5% FA Coconut
0.5% FA Meringue
0.5% FA Vanilla Classic
0.25% FA Marshmallow
0.25% FA Cinnamon Ceylon
0.25% FA Walnut
0.25% LorAnn Cream Cheese Icing.

A year ago I tasted a bottle of bear claw from a well known vendor and didn't care for it much. Too bland with just a hint of almond and a ton of cream. It did however set me in motion to figure out how to make one. I had no luck with it until a few of us were trying to develop a cake recipe and I used too much almond in mine and it set me off again. I finally succeeded in duplicating what I remember a bear claw tasting like when I was a kid.

It is good immediately after mixing and a good shake, but best after sitting overnight. I hope you enjoy it.
Ignore the number next to the name. It's just so I can find the recipe that I consider my final version.

Much thanks to Daintanee, Teresa P, and NGAHaze for putting up with my using them as guinea pigs and my one track mind.

I suspect the Lor Ann Cream Cheese Icing is oil based.....does it separate? What VG/PG ratio should be used?

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ADV's are hard to find. I'm glad I could be of help.

FA almond is a flavor that is hard to pick up on when you first start vaping. It took over a year for my taste buds to recover enough to detect the almond, but once recognized, it became a favorite. You have been vaping long enough to recognize new and more subtle flavors. Think of what you can do with that ability. :D

cass

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can another brand of custard be subbed for the GOC?

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's a hard question. Let me explain it this way. I am not a custard person and when GOC is mixed at its recommended 14 percent, I don't like it at all. But when I am in a bind for a cake...ish feeling in a juice 1 - 2% of GOC magically gives it to me.

So, yes it could be substituted for. Will it work the same? Probably not, though I haven't tried it.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a Gargantuous bottle of this that T whipped up for me cuz she :blowkiss:me!
It is so dang scrumptious! I know sometimes we are always a flavor or two short. And sometimes you may leave something out or sub it. But I'm telling you sometimes it's worth it to get all the flavors. Sometimes just .25% of a flavor can make a good difference in a recipe. All I can say is this recipe here is a winner and worth getting a the flavors. @wllmc have you tried this yet? It's the :bomb:! The :grumpy: Meow!

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Really want to try this but don't have toasted almond. Is there a sub that I can try? I can't make a order for atleast a month. We are closing on our first house and all my money is tied up.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a Gargantuous bottle of this that T whipped up for me cuz she :blowkiss:me!
It is so dang scrumptious! I know sometimes we are always a flavor or two short. And sometimes you may leave something out or sub it. But I'm telling you sometimes it's worth it to get all the flavors. Sometimes just .25% of a flavor can make a good difference in a recipe. All I can say is this recipe here is a winner and worth getting a the flavors. @wllmc have you tried this yet? It's the :bomb:! The :grumpy: Meow!
Sorry I wasn't online yesterday. Teresa is so generous. Being short flavors is a constant curse unless you have friends like her.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Really want to try this but don't have toasted almond. Is there a sub that I can try? I can't make a order for atleast a month. We are closing on our first house and all my money is tied up.
I don't know if this will work, but you could up the FA almond to 3.5% and add TFA Toasted Marshmallow at .5%. If you don't have the toasted marshmallow, then just up the FA almond to 4%.

One of those will most likely suffice.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea I got toasted marshmallow. Got well over 300 flavors but not the toasted almond. Will give it ago
For some reason that toasted almond was one I always put off ordering too. It was quite awhile before it made it to my collection, but it's definitely worth having.

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea in about a month or so after we close and move in, I will order some. I am dangerously low on quite a few flavors, vg and now out of 30ml bottles.

VU Sponsors