Become a Patron!

Next Generation MTL tanks Part 2

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Here's the list. In no particular order. I'm including everything that people share. Both MTL and DL.

MTL Tanks:
erlkoenigin
squape r
kfl
kf4
kf5
kf3mini
taifun
taifun2
hurricane
swirlfish nano
ruzgar
aqua v2
goblin mini
Squape R(s)
Phenomenon lite
Rose V3

MTL RDAs:
NarDA
Marquis
chalice
veritas
omerta
tobh
tugboat v1
magma
osmodlla
darang
hobo
freakshow mini

DL Tanks:
crius
swirlfish
swirlfish ii
billow
billow v2
billow v3
monster kfun ii
serpent
tfv4
orchid v2
bellus
cthulu 2
griffin
Lemo
Lemo II

DL RDAs:
tugboat v2
tugboat v3
petri v1 and v2
mako and mako war
indestructible(stock jaybo barrel, wismec barrel and top airflow barrel) plum veil v3
Aeolus v2 and lite
derringer
kennedy comp
battle deck with comp life cap
magma reborn
bambino
hobo 2.1
freak show
clt v1-v2-v3

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That's all I can remember I think

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So, for anyone who may order or has ordered the hurricane clone from FT, if left to sit in soapy water for a length of time to clean it after first receiving it will rust a little from under the afc ring. I'm guessing that it's the little ball bearing that's seated in there. It didn't stain the base but it most definitely did rust a little.

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@Brewbear SS wire preforms good in power mode as well correct? I don't want to waste my time making a SS clapton for the hurricane if it won't work in power mode, until I get that hohm wrecker for TC.

F

fckaugust8th

@CDroverNL, yes,you can use SS wire in both TC and power mode. Not only that,it performs equally well. Remember that SS wire retains heat longer than kanthal (@SharkVape mentioned it first and I second it).
@mark, give Merlin rta or Bachelor nano a try. I have both and like both.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

fckaugust8th

Really folks, this is just a continuing story started by @SharkVape. We have a chance to create a list of mtl tanks, what works, just remember, I tend to get out of the box. Sometimes I'm not even in the same zip code with the box.

riverdan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My $.02.

Taken from advice from the first thread.

Since I've been using it for about 5 months, I honestly recommend the eleaf GS-TANK as one of my more easy to use tanks.

For anyone looking for a very simple, easy to use mtl tank with relatively inexpensive coils.

I'm sure there are better tanks out there at this point but this is my go-to tank for work. I fill it up at the beginning of the day and it lasts until I get home. I carry a spare coil with me just in case but these goddamn coils last forever... I don't think I've burned a single one out yet, I just get board of flavour easily and swap the coil out. I toss the coil in an ounce of vodka and let it sit for awhile. Once it's dry I pop it in, fire it up and take about 10-20 mouth draws (don't inhale) and that pretty much clears out any left over bad taste from the last juice and good as new.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@Zaphodv, you might enjoy being in a thread like this one. There's a lot of experience in this continuation thread and lots of people able to help with the kind of gear you're interested in.

KY_Rob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm a big time MTL vaper! Curious to see what the consensus ends up being...

For me, at the moment, the new Kayfun 5 is the bees-knees! Been reading about a lot of folks stating that they find it too airy, but I find the the adjustments match spot-on to what Svoëmesto said. I always liked the draw on the KFL+, and I find the K5 afc on position 1 to be pretty much identical. K5 is super easy to build, not very many moving parts, and flavor for miles.

F

fckaugust8th

@KY, I don't have the K5, I stopped at K3mini because I found the Melo 3 mini a little easier to use on the go. I use the 1.8 ohm aspire coils and....that's it. For variety, I also have the Bachelor nano and Merlin. I got a little carried away with the bachelor, I put dual coils in it, it is actually very good. The Merlin is a beautiful tank but mine has some problems and I'm waiting for the replacement.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Im still waiting to see some tri-legged coils from @Huckleberried on her merlin.
HAhahahahahahaha!!! Oh man... yeah. I still haven't figured that one out quite yet. Supposed to be getting a new base, though.

It's truly a shame we don't have the original for reference anymore, so we'll have to work really hard to get this thread back to half of what it was.

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's going to be hard to get it to that level, but we shall try

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
30f6e11b178d4011beb08703c749339b.jpg

The hurricane is bigger and heavier than the balrog mod!

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The coil is still breaking in, but even now I think it may be too much

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ok folks...suffering from CRS disease (cant remember shit)...
have a brand spankin' new, still in the box, never been used, eleaf gs-tank with three 1.5 ohm (8 -20 watt coils) and no instruction booklet...
dont know where i ordered it from, cant remember ordering it ...
where do yall get your coils from? how do yall like it?
have a smok tfv4 micro (black) has a 1.8 ohm coil in it, comes with a .3 ohm micro clp2 coilhead, a rebuildable with a small clapton installed, 2 additional tanks, chimney extenders, an airflow resrictor, spare cotton/wire, spare topfill rubber, vape bands, 2 mouthpieces (a badass looking conical one and a more traditional glass lined mouthpiece)...
anyone else have one? how do you like it? where have you been scoring your replacement coilheads? how do you rate the rebuildable section?
same story...dont remember ordering it or why i even would...
been totally happy with a P3 kabuki and 1.6 ohm nautilus premades/dont have the V2 rebuildable figured out yet...
first build in the V5 kayfun is pretty damn tasty...
please tell me i dont have a merlin on order...not that i have any bad notions about the tank, i dont need another tank for christssake...
what the hell else did i order?...i dont owe you any money do I?...

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
have a smok tfv4 micro (black) has a 1.8 ohm coil in it, comes with a .3 ohm micro clp2 coilhead, a rebuildable with a small clapton installed, 2 additional tanks, chimney extenders, an airflow resrictor, spare cotton/wire, spare topfill rubber, vape bands, 2 mouthpieces (a badass looking conical one and a more traditional glass lined mouthpiece)...
anyone else have one? how do you like it? where have you been scoring your replacement coilheads? how do you rate the rebuildable section?

Yes I got one and is my work tank, I really like the 1.2 and 1.8ohm coils, they are clapton coils, so do run at 23 watts, but good flavor for premade coils, I liked it so much bought a 2nd tank as a backup and been stocking up with coils, already had 6 packs, and just go these 15 packs last week, oh and got 5 more packs tomorrow

DSTUiZo.jpg

I have seen stocking up with coils, as they are hard to find and because of FDA regs, I want to make sure I got at least 2 years supply, this 15 packs I got from cigabuy, and the other 5 I got from 3fvape.

I tried the RBA head, and was good flavor, but had a little leaking, and not really wanting to use the RBA at work, so just went onto the premade coils.

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yes I got one and is my work tank, I really like the 1.2 and 1.8ohm coils, they are clapton coils, so do run at 23 watts, but good flavor for premade coils, I liked it so much bought a 2nd tank as a backup and been stocking up with coils, already had 6 packs, and just go these 15 packs last week, oh and got 5 more packs tomorrow

DSTUiZo.jpg

I have seen stocking up with coils, as they are hard to find and because of FDA regs, I want to make sure I got at least 2 years supply, this 15 packs I got from cigabuy, and the other 5 I got from 3fvape.

I tried the RBA head, and was good flavor, but had a little leaking, and not really wanting to use the RBA at work, so just went onto the premade coils.
I hear your pain on rba/rta while working. I just received my hurricane today, hoping that one will be more user friendly than the goblin mini. Also have a bachelor nano on route which should also prove to be more useful. If interested, you could try those in the future. I'll be posting my thoughts on both as I can but until then there are people here that have experience with both of them.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I hear your pain on rba/rta while working. I just received my hurricane today, hoping that one will be more user friendly than the goblin mini. Also have a bachelor nano on route which should also prove to be more useful. If interested, you could try those in the future. I'll be posting my thoughts on both as I can but until then there are people here that have experience with both of them.

Oh I am not new to RBA's, I got tons of them, including 3 hurricane's, but I have been caught out a few times at work with a burnt tank, and I am not in a job where I can easily rewick, so wanted a good tank for work and I can carry spare coils, at home I am strictly a RTA guy ;)

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh I am not new to RBA's, I got tons of them, including 3 hurricane's, but I have been caught out a few times at work with a burnt tank, and I am not in a job where I can easily rewick, so wanted a good tank for work and I can carry spare coils, at home I am strictly a RTA guy ;)
No, I didn't think you were nor did I mean that. I never thought about the burnt out wick thing while in the middle of a shift. I have realized over the last couple of months that it's hard to get time after work to rebuild a tank. Especially one as involved as the goblin mini. I'm hoping that one of or both of these will be more user friendly and make for a faster and easier rebuild.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No, I didn't think you were nor did I mean that. I never thought about the burnt out wick thing while in the middle of a shift. I have realized over the last couple of months that it's hard to get time after work to rebuild a tank. Especially one as involved as the goblin mini. I'm hoping that one of or both of these will be more user friendly and make for a faster and easier rebuild.

I really liked the hurricane's, make a great MTL tank with great flavor, but no top fill is a bummer, lost one plastic tank due to it being plastic, and also had problems with a little bit of seepage from under the tank, but still used them for quite a while, as easy to build and vapes really well :)

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just put a SS fused clapton in it. Haven't vaped much on it but it's quite overwhelming. I think for my preference the clapton in this tank is too much.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I ran mine with kanthal claptons on my hurricanes, that is all I use nowadays, hopefully you like the bachelor nano, I got the full size one and didn't think it was anywhere near as good vape as the hurricane, but have heard the nano is quite a bit different than the full size though.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
ok folks...suffering from CRS disease (cant remember shit)...
have a brand spankin' new, still in the box, never been used, eleaf gs-tank with three 1.5 ohm (8 -20 watt coils) and no instruction booklet...
dont know where i ordered it from, cant remember ordering it ...
where do yall get your coils from? how do yall like it?
been totally happy with a P3 kabuki and 1.6 ohm nautilus premades/dont have the V2 rebuildable figured out yet...
first build in the V5 kayfun is pretty damn tasty...
please tell me i dont have a merlin on order...not that i have any bad notions about the tank, i dont need another tank for christssake...
what the hell else did i order?...i dont owe you any money do I?...
GS coils - Sweet Vapes.

F

fckaugust8th

eleaf gs-tank with three 1.5 ohm
As it was answered before, sweet-vapes.com they have decent prices and fairly fast shipping in my experience.
have a smok tfv4 micro (black) has a 1.8 ohm coil in it, comes with a .3 ohm micro clp2 coilhead, a rebuildable with a small clapton installed
Got one of them and like it a lot. I only used the RBA deck, the clapton coil is about 0.6 ohms and pretty decent. Here's one place for coils, honestly I pur a fused clapton coil in the RBA and I'm happy https://www.elementvape.com/smok-micro-tfv4-replacement-coils-pack-of-5
I'd appreciate hearing your opinion on the K5, I stopped at K3mini. How is the draw compared to the K4?
-The Merlin is a very nice tank with a draw that can approximate a very loose K4, super easy to build. I, of course, had to complicate myself and built a 1.5 mm vertical coil. It needs a lot of work!
-The Bachelor nano is another nice tank,single coil, even without the air flow restrictors you can MTL a looser than K4 draw. Again, complicating myself, I put dual coils in it and in TC it is really nice.
Both the Merlin and the Bach. nano are top fill, I prefer the Merlin since it is threaded vs. the swing top in the Bach. nano (like the tfv4 micro)

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I ran mine with kanthal claptons on my hurricanes, that is all I use nowadays, hopefully you like the bachelor nano, I got the full size one and didn't think it was anywhere near as good vape as the hurricane, but have heard the nano is quite a bit different than the full size though.
So, after a few hours, fused clapton in the hurricane is just too much. I'm not sure how much of what, be It density or heat or whatever, it's just not enjoyable to me. I'm liking the SS tho. I'm going to try a twisted build in it in the morning. I have a Magma reborn to try out tomorrow as well. I'm still deciding what to do with it.

StereoFreeze

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi everyone! I'm not currently an MTL vapor, but have been leaning towards getting some mellower setups. Have a hurricane on the way and can't wait to give it a go. I've recently been using a Monster V3 and Avocado in single coil mode for more of a restricted lung hit. Have been surprised by how much I've been enjoying vaping under 50w. Looking forward to following this thread and learning some new things.

@Nailz check out Mystic Atmos for hurricane top fill caps.

F

fckaugust8th

Hey, moderators, how comes that after 5 posts my posts counter is still at 976? Inquiring minds want to know.

F

fckaugust8th

@CDroverNL put the Hurricane coil in the Magma and try a simple coil in the Hurricane at first. This way you'll have an idea of what it can do, then try other builds in it.
Start with simple, go to twisted, then claptons.

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi everyone! I'm not currently an MTL vapor, but have been leaning towards getting some mellower setups. Have a hurricane on the way and can't wait to give it a go. I've recently been using a Monster V3 and Avocado in single coil mode for more of a restricted lung hit. Have been surprised by how much I've been enjoying vaping under 50w. Looking forward to following this thread and learning some new things.

@Nailz check out Mystic Atmos for hurricane top fill caps.
Welcome to the revolution! lol
There seems to be a lot of people who are also making the switch.
The hurricane is nice. It's flavor is great. With so many different coil builds there are a lot of ways to configure it to suit you.

VU Sponsors