Become a Patron!

New wicking method that might surprise you

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Isn't stealing valor by falsely stating that you have served a federal crime?
It can be:
The Stolen Valor Act of 2013 (Pub.L. 113–12; H.R. 258) is a United States federal law that was passed by the 113th United States Congress. The law amends the federal criminal code to make it a crime for a person to fraudulently claim having received any of a series of particular military decorations and awards with the intention of obtaining money, property, or other tangible benefit from convincing someone that he or she rightfully did receive that award.
Ref: Stolen Valor Act of 2013

Plus, the Stolen Valor/Guardians of Valor might take an interest.

Yes, "gunny," I was a real soldier. As in: Actually served in the U.S. military? And while my service wasn't particularly notable, I did serve and have known many solders whose service was meritorious, so I take offence by those making false claims. I'm not going to pursue this, but, keep it up and eventually somebody else might.

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I question this business strategy. Something tells me you'll have more Yelp reviews soon.

That's assuming he even owns one/both of the shops. Or even works at one. He says he doesn't sell sh!t online, but the store he referenced actually sells sh!t online.

Would have been easy to prove. I ran across the dude's real name and could have called one of the stores to ask. But it started feeling like we did enough damage. Can't do a full takedown on someone just because they trolled a bit.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That's assuming he even owns one/both of the shops. Or even works at one. He says he doesn't sell sh!t online, but the store he referenced actually sells sh!t online.

Would have been easy to prove. I ran across the dude's real name and could have called one of the stores to ask. But it started feeling like we did enough damage. Can't do a full takedown on someone just because they trolled a bit.
Why not? :)

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Oh, trust me... the devil on my shoulder kept asking that. "Lost... why not? You have pics from his online dating profile!" The angel on my other shoulder kept spouting that "do unto others" crap and I backed down.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Yeah, it's Christmastime. No need to pursue it any further, IMO.

James

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Well , it could be someone stealing his ident . And trying to wreck his rep . But after what you said about his rep. It couldent get mutch worse . The thing is he is a bigheaded fool and seems to think there are no conaquences to his actions . This is typical of someone who is liveing off of someone elses rep .

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I reckon the fact that he has not seen pinkparts in years; and, is a royal fucktard that lives in his own shitpaper you have a point.
Personally though, baby Jesus day has nothing to do with it. The fact that he tried passing himself off as a marine, despite dont ask, dont tell; and, makes all vapers look like a stool sample does. I still think that the people he is taking advantage of need to be redirected to actual helpful sources.
Actually thinking that crap would pass here means he either thinks we are dumb or he is that stupid.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hell or Bizzaroworld?
Bahahahaha- couldn't help it.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If this guy was a gunnery sargeant.....we're so fucked.may as well hand the keys to the whitehouse over to ISIS now and save oursleves the trouble.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Bahahahaha!!!!!!
"for 14$ you and your friends can vape on this until the end of time."

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, now I know you're bullshitting us. There's no way in hell anybody makes Gunnery Sergeant in the USMC in four years.

Not quite as stupid as you'd like us to be, apparently.

Don't try that "I was a Gunnery Sgt." crap in front of real Marines, IRL. They'll likely as not kick your backside from here to next week, then kick it back, just for good measure.
Agreed shortest feasible time would be 9yrs.
As per this here.
For E-6 through E-9 promotions, the Commandant of the Marine Corps convenes a promotion board once per year. In order to be eligible to be considered for promotion by the board, Marines must meet the following Time-in-Service (TIS) and Time-in-Grade (TIG) requirements:

• Staff Sergeant (E-6) - 4 years TIS and 24 months TIG
  • Gunnery Sergeant (E-7) - 6 years TIS and 3 years TIG
  • Master Sergeant/First Sergeant (E-8) - 8 years TIS and 4 years TIG
  • Master Gunnery Sergeant/Sergeant Major (E-9) - 10 years TIS and 3 years TIG
Source = http://usmilitary.about.com/

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well the good news is that this lead me to look up some cool stuff on the Marines.
That's when I spotted the following.
Notable gunnery sergeants[edit]
  • Robert Gilbert II (Youngest Marine promoted to GySgt)
  • John Basilone
  • Jimmie E. Howard
  • Robert H. McCard
  • Carlos Hathcock
  • Jack Coughlin
  • William Gary Walsh
  • R. Lee Ermey (honorary post-service promotion)*
  • Brad Colbert
  • Nick Popaditch
  • Marzette Woods, Sr. (Montford Point Marines)
*I know you guys all know this dude*
Lee_Ermey_crop.jpg

Here's the coolest part though.

On May 17, 2002 he received an honorary promotion to gunnery sergeant (E-7) by Commandant James L. Jones, becoming the first retiree in the history of the Marines to be promoted.

Now how hardcore of a tough SOB does a person need to be to earn that amount of honor and respect, that the Marines promote you to Gunny even after you've retired WOW.

VU Sponsors