Become a Patron!

New eVic VTC 3.0 update... TCR Adjust.

Mtorres

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I upgraded my 2 mods and I like the fact that they now have 75 watts but.......I hate the new screen format. It is too difficult to read because it is trying to add as much info as possible. Some of the info I don't care about, for example: the puffs count. I loved the original screen with the large numbers. The new one is way too busy. If you have upgraded, What do you think?

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like the new screen layout, but there is 2 updates, one without the new layout and one with, so could just redo your upgrade to the 1.30v and will still have the new SS addon but with the old screen layout.

Cackalacky

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Nice. I have to fire up a different comp that has a full size USB for the data cable, so I hadn't even checked the site yet.

Three memory locations for TCRs, but no instructions yet for how to do it. That's the word from a very quick (it's been ten minutes) early tester.

And a new screen layout. I like the looks of it. Gets rid of the tiny puff and time counters but makes the rest larger for those of us who need readers. :p

Oh... looks like a variation of the Presa screen layout. But better. :D

Turn off your mod. Then nold the power and + at the same time. You'll be in the TCR menu. From what I've read the display will show 10x the actual TCR. So adjust accordingly.

Reactions: Myk

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Love the new update so far. It seems to give a smoother vape using 316L (less noticeable pulses). It's still new but so far I'm a fan. The watt adjustment scrolls lightning fast. It's impressive to see so many new features with these upgrades. I haven't messed with the TCR adjustments yet. Gonna wait for the vape masters to figure that out before getting into it.

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wait? What the fuck are you talking about?
YOU are who I most rely on for simple SS TC build info. :)

Now get in there, and do it for the team. "Think of the children vapers." :p
WAH! :eek: But you saw it right! Those numbers to change the TCR settings look wrong, or at least a little odd. No decimal points at all. (º_o)

Actually, I'm using 316L SS in all of my attys right now. I might play around with the TCR but the vapes been bangin in TC with all of the tanks I've tried so far with 316L SS TC. The biggest difference I've noticed is the smoothness you get with the new update. You can go higher in the watts and it doesn't pulse as much as it did with the 2,0 firmware. It makes a more even transition from high to low to high power. The watt drop doesn't seem to go as low.

It'll take a bit of playing around to see if there are any problems or fine tuning to be had using 316L. I want to play around with more 304 and other SS wire but I'll have to get more in. I ordered some on the 2nd from China and it still hasn't shipped. (╥﹏╥)

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I expect it's from keeping home aquariums.
Too relaxing... makes ya brain soft. :p

Exactly right! I keep a saltwater reef aquarium. I thought it only kept my hands soft but your idea would explain a lot of things about my brain. It's been a downward spiral since my first tank although I am pretty good with aquariums. Even got hired to design and help build a specialty reef aquarium shop some years ago.

The 24 & 26 gauge 304 wire should be shipping out in a couple of days. I'll order some 430 from a US vendor.
icn-us-flag-21px.png

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought you were a chick for weeks, until I Googled your screen name. :p
Haha. I get that a lot. My screen name is just a reference to corals and reef tanks. I've been using this screen name for everything for about 10+ years and this is only the second time anybody has figured it out. Kudos Jim! I guess saltwater tanks are still pretty uncommon. I love vaping but growing and reproducing corals has been a long addiction (not as long as playing music or gaming though!).

( •_•) ( •_•) ⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Salty tanks... tricky things from what I understand.
Congrats on the "pro" status. :)
Thanks Jim but I'm not a pro yet. The more in depth you get into something the more you realize how much it takes to become an actual pro at anything. Even most of the manufacturers are just starting to figure out how to properly engineer these things. I just focus on stability and repeat-ability. I can't wait to see if the new firmware works using contact SS coils or twisted 316 wire.

I'm glad that they widened the TC resistance range from 0.5-1.5 ohms. Going to try a 1.2 ohm Crown head in TC mode to see if it works as advertised.

Last edited:

MorpheusPA

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Alas, I wish we had the option to design our own screens (or combine an older screen display with a more-modern update). I can't read the 3.0 screen and have to stay at version 1.3 where the text is larger.

On the up side, I only use Power mode, and only a very limited range of settings at the low end, so scroll speed doesn't matter so much to me. Still, it would be nice to have the latest update installed just in case I want to use TC.

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can confirm that the 1 ohm temp control limit really is gone with the latest update. I have a prebuilt 1.2Ω SS Crown coil that's reading 1.32Ω running in TC. It definitely doesn't have much flavor compared to the .25, .5 or the RBA I was running with a .44Ω build but it's working. Maybe once the head is broken in it'll be better. Just wanted to confirm that we can use coils above 1 ohm in TC on the VTC now. We're supposed to work up to 1.5 ohms in TC according to Joyetech. Maybe they're planning to come out with a new tank or some new heads that take advantage of the wider resistance range.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok, stupid question, I've done the update, now how do you get it to display temp in F instead of C?

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Max the C temp out and click up 1 more time it will now be at the lowest F temp so scroll up to what you want. Scroll all the way to 600°F and click up 1 time and you are back in Celsius

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Max the C temp out and click up 1 more time it will now be at the lowest F temp so scroll up to what you want. Scroll all the way to 600°F and click up 1 time and you are back in Celsius
Thank you!

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No problem.

Going to update my wife's mini tonight and play with tcr settings. They have been doing a great job keeping this mod updated with the latest tech. And its a sub $50 mod.
Yihi... not so much. M class got tcr but I think that's their only chip that got tcr update love. Lots of other variations left out in the cold only having Ni & Ti modes.
Give yihi $200 and you get updates, didn't buy their flagship model? You get nothing and like it.

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahh what the hell , I updated then set my coils to temp I was using before update , the pulse is definitely gone and the power is way better now ....but burnt my coil on first hit. Doh!!!!!!!

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also , I guess everyone saw the new tank they have , the cubix? Anyone got any thoughts on this one , I kinda like the look of it

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Seems 400 gets Ti about the same firing Ω as my D2's. Finally I don't need to have my VTC's set to 500°.

Also , I guess everyone saw the new tank they have , the cubix? Anyone got any thoughts on this one , I kinda like the look of it

??? I can find an RDA not by Joyetech by that name but that's it. Got a link?

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Seems 400 gets Ti about the same firing Ω as my D2's. Finally I don't need to have my VTC's set to 500°.

Ahh , I missed spelled it , it is a Cubis found it on the joyetech site , got a crap connection right now and can't load the page , I will send a link to it shortly

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yeah , had mine set to 490 and first hit Poof! There goes the coil , define try has more power now

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ahh , I missed spelled it , it is a Cubis found it on the joyetech site , got a crap connection right now and can't load the page , I will send a link to it shortly

I found it. I'd want to see more of the heads.

Model_A_Ford

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I sort of like the look of the cluttered screen, but seems that to be able to adjust the coefficient you must do a complete display change-over.

Do they say anywhere what coefficient values they have preset for their nonadjustable TC version? The update basically just lets you add
some of your own values, for different SS I imagine? Does it still retain the Ni/Ti/SS presets, or allow you to adjust th
em?

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I sort of like the look of the cluttered screen, but seems that to be able to adjust the coefficient you must do a complete display change-over.

Do they say anywhere what coefficient values they have preset for their nonadjustable TC version? The update basically just lets you add
some of your own values, for different SS I imagine? Does it still retain the Ni/Ti/SS presets, or allow you to adjust th
em?

Seems like the originals are retained in the original places. You can adjust coefficient for whatever you want to use it for and then use it in the TCR spot.
So now you have Ni, TI, SS and TCR M1, M2 & M3.

KingNaga

Member For 4 Years
Nevermind. When you get to TCR in the Menu hit the - button and then change the M1-M3 with the + button. Weird....

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
There can't possibly be anyone left on earth who doesn't recognize the VTC mini as the best mod in the history of vaping.

I don't think I'd go that far. I think I'd need at least dual batteries or a Li-po pack for a power mod to be best. But I came back to vaping and stayed with it because of Joyetech, they lost me over their insane pricing policy. They've won me back if they stick with the idea they had with VTC.

A 1.2 head should not read 1.32.
It will taste muted if you run it at the higher setting.

Wouldn't that be that it'll run hot if it's locked in at a higher setting?
Does the new 3.00 even lock in right without changing on its own? (I'm not sure, I was running unlocked and it kept asking if it was a new coil so I locked it, not sure which one it was but they're both locked in close to each other, I should know after they sit overnight.)

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I know on my IPV's if I bump a cold running build up .02Ω it makes it run right. Same with my VTC (althought it's more difficult and before 3.00 it wouldn't hold the setting). But I use Ti.

If I was into sub-ohm power as my main stay I'd rather have a tank. The only use I have for the M80 is how long it lasts. But no, I prefer replaceable 18650's by far over packs.
As far as TC goes I'd say VTC is way up there for best, but I haven't tried them all.

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just loaded my 3.0 update and after playing with it a while I have to agree that the VTC is the best value of all mods to hit the market this year. I've got quite a collection, but for the money the VTC runs away from the pack. With the new updates it's the poor man's DNA200. Power to satisfy most vapers and versatility rivaled by only the most costly.

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And to add another update I just noticed.

When asking 'new coil' or 'same coil', the display will show both resistances, the current resistance and the remembered resistance, allowing you to view exactly what the resistance change is that the mod is reporting on.

spawny

Member For 4 Years
It reset my puff counter :(.... now to try and understand which tcr setting for tfv4 mini ti coil.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK-this is my most favourite single battery mod. It has the best battery life out of them all.

I am running software revision 2.0-is the battery life as good on 3.0? The adjustable TCR will be fantastic for me, I am just worried that the firmware may drain battery faster as is in the case with some phone firmware updates?

Can anyone confirm that battery life remains about the same? If so-I am going to update right now.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just loaded my 3.0 update and after playing with it a while I have to agree that the VTC is the best value of all mods to hit the market this year. I've got quite a collection, but for the money the VTC runs away from the pack. With the new updates it's the poor man's DNA200. Power to satisfy most vapers and versatility rivaled by only the most costly.
I agree with you. I own 3 DNA 200's, and the Evic VT mini is my go to single battery mod now, and I have a fair few, so I agree it is in a way a cheaper DNA200 performance wise.

Mine also seems to have some sort of witchcraft going on lol, the battery life is the best out of ANY single battery mod I own.

I think I will do the update now.

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It reset my puff counter :(.... now to try and understand which tcr setting for tfv4 mini ti coil.

400 works for me and the Ti I have to make it act the same as my IVP's.

Can anyone confirm that battery life remains about the same? If so-I am going to update right now.

Seems the same to me.
I'd say better except I think that's because I figured out to leave the mod plugged in until it disconnects itself. I was unplugging when it started flashing the bar.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
400 works for me and the Ti I have to make it act the same as my IVP's.

Seems the same to me.
I'd say better except I think that's because I figured out to leave the mod plugged in until it disconnects itself. I was unplugging when it started flashing the bar.
Ahh do you use the onboard charging? I've never tried that myself, I've always used external chargers, but if it seems the same I am going to do it, I didn't get round to it yesterday but I will seeing as it will be worth it for the TCR adjustment ability.

Thank you :)

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ahh do you use the onboard charging? I've never tried that myself, I've always used external chargers, but if it seems the same I am going to do it, I didn't get round to it yesterday but I will seeing as it will be worth it for the TCR adjustment ability.

Thank you :)

Now that I have plenty of the new boxes I like the onboard charging. When I only had 2 IPV Mini-2's I never used it.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With the exception of the Delta II. Joyetech has a piss poor record when it comes to tanks/coils. My fear is the coils for the Cubics will again have the tiny juice holes, hence the lack of flavor/vapor. We will see...

Last edited:

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I finally updated after debating to do it or not, upgraded. Set the TCR for 317L SS as this seems to work better for me than 316L, and its vaping like a dream.

This is definitely the best single battery bang for buck mod. Definitely my favourite out of my single battery mods.

Plus battery life seems to be pretty immense for me on it-so its a regular take out mod now too.

Can't believe its such a good mod as a starter kit!

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Love the new update. I think I just talked myself in to buying a couple more of these little power houses. I've almost pushed the button on buying the rx200 a few times but just can't seem to justify doing so. I think having this with spare batts is better for me rather than carry a bulky device that's not so pocket friendly. I rarely go above 60w anyhow. Now, to decide on what colors. That will take me a couple weeks to decide that. Joyetech, if your watching this thread, how about a sage green color, I'll buy a six pack of them. :D

SmilinVapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here is a question I haven't seen addressed. Does anyone know how the TCR settings work as far as turning them off and using the presets? For instance, if I am using M1 on a tank with SS and switch to another tank with Ni, will it automatically switch to the Ni preset or still be using M1? Or, if I switch from one SS tank to another, will it default to the preset or stay on M1? Just trying to figure out how the TCR M's work.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Here is a question I haven't seen addressed. Does anyone know how the TCR settings work as far as turning them off and using the presets? For instance, if I am using M1 on a tank with SS and switch to another tank with Ni, will it automatically switch to the Ni preset or still be using M1? Or, if I switch from one SS tank to another, will it default to the preset or stay on M1? Just trying to figure out how the TCR M's work.
It's a pretty smart board, but I don't think it's that smart. I haven't tried it yet but I'd be surprised if it did. I think you'll need to change the setting to suite your needs.
I just tried it from 316 and put a kanthal tank on and it stayed in 316.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This may not have anything to do with anything, since it's not TC related, but after I did my update, it was in the Temp setting. As soon as I put my tank on it, it switched to Power (kanthal build in it).

SmilinVapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the reply. I see now that M1 shows up as one of the modes. It looks like you use it just like the other modes. Couldn't figure out how to change M modes though. Set M1 to 105 which seems to be the consensus for my Uwell Crown SS. I will see how it works.

VU Sponsors