Become a Patron!

New custom firmware for the RX200S!!!!!!! (and RX2/3 now)

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
does it fix the pos 510?

I still am having no problems with the 510. Over a year later, 2 spares waiting just in case, using the "Dreaded TFV4"

rx tfv4.jpg
CameraZOOM-20160805183457429.jpg

Neither my Cuboid, Cuboid Mini, RXS, or DNA200 Reauloux, none of them have had the 510 fail.

I really wonder what people are doing to them to make them fail. For every alleged 510 problem I have encountered in the wild, there are at least 100 filthy, dirtty 510 threads on attys, and mods.

I still am having no problems with the 510. Over a year later, 2 spares waiting just in case, using the "Dreaded TFV4"

View attachment 69535
View attachment 69536

Neither my Cuboid, Cuboid Mini, RXS, or DNA200 Reauloux, none of them have had the 510 fail.

I really wonder what people are doing to them to make them fail. For every alleged 510 problem I have encountered in the wild, there are at least 100 filthy, dirtty 510 threads on attys, and mods.

same as me more than 6 month without a problem on 510 with various rda/rta.

Still newbie 6 month vaping

hello. just a question... do any one know if this works on the new rx mini ?? really want this firmware on my little one :)

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ran across this thread today. Going to be installing the latest firmware version on my RX200S today.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
From the same Uber Geek geniuses who brought us the fantastic firmware for the

• eVic VTC Mini
  • eVic VTC Dual
  • eVic VTwo Mini
  • eVic VTwo
  • eVic AIO
  • eVic Basic
  • eGrip II / Light
  • Cuboid
  • Cuboid Mini
  • Wismec Presa TC75W
  • Wismec Presa TC100W
  • Wismec Reuleaux RX75
  • Wismec Reuleaux RX200S
  • Wismec Reuleaux RX2/3
  • Wismec Reuleaux RXmini

Now supporting the RX200S.

Loaded, tested working fantastic.

https://github.com/ClockSelect/myevic

Pics to follow.
I just tried to update the RX/ 2/3 will not work with the bin thats on that page

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got it working thanks figured out why I grabbed the file off the web it is only 35k once I downloaded the whole file worked great .. cool stuff

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Firmware easily installed on my RX200S using the Wismec updater software.
Yes, there are a lot more menu options and settings, but so far it's working great!

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I may have forgot to mention that I upgraded the RX 200 2/3 I love that freaking clock now I hope they add support for the RX 300 which has a visibly different menu system

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ihyye63bOK4i4X4RQXpsa3HQ5YFN8fzVJ_BarjLTmP7K39hL_G4SnoWXNVRQNOb53SHokhOfzl0cJg=w1920-h1080-no
Here is a screenshot of the RX 2/3 with the clock active

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
now if onmly i could take the clock hh:mm:ss to a non military format

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
now if onmly i could take the clock hh:mm:ss to a non military format

You can use the analog clock.. I think the problem, is just not enough space on the display. Too much being used for important stuff.

I hope they add support for the RX 300 which has a visibly different menu system

I hope they dont. lol

I checked out the RX300 at the vape shop 2 days ago. When the guy put it on the counter, it beckoned to me. Like the Monolith at the beginning of 2001 A Space Odyssey. I even heard the strains of Also sprach Zarathustra inside my head..

I know I really don't need another mod. I know this. At least, I seem to remember thinking that.... But when I saw that big flat black bastard threatening to exceed the strength of the tempered glass on the counter, with its sheer mass, it took every ounce of self control, and even still, the only reason that the RX 300 is not overloading my various tables, and destroying every jacket pocket big enough to contain it, is that it doesn't not support this software. Yet...

RX300_13.jpg

Wait a sec.. Check it out! It is a power bank too!! I can charge my cell, boost cars, supply small towns with backup power, this thing might even replace my ancient LIFEPAK! I wonder if you can defibrillate and rock a TFV8 at the same time??

Do you hear that?? Where is that sound coming fro.......

Last edited:

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You can use the analog clock.. I think the problem, is just not enough space on the display. Too much being used for important stuff.
no actually the dev didn't want to add it according to them the 24 hour format is universally understood while the AM/PM would be user specific

also the rx300 is basically done the only part that is not working is to charge via usb or charging via usb..

https://github.com/ClockSelect/myevic

Last edited:

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I hope they dont. lol

I checked out the RX300 at the vape shop 2 days ago. When the guy put it on the counter, it beckoned to me. Like the Monolith at the beginning of 2001 A Space Odyssey. I even heard the strains of Also sprach Zarathustra inside my head..

I know I really don't need another mod. I know this. At least, I seem to remember thinking that.... But when I saw that big flat black bastard threatening to exceed the strength of the tempered glass on the counter, with its sheer mass, it took every ounce of self control, and even still, the only reason that the RX 300 is not overloading my various tables, and destroying every jacket pocket big enough to contain it, is that it doesn't not support this software. Yet...

RX300_13.jpg

Wait a sec.. Check it out! It is a power bank too!! I can charge my cell, boost cars, supply small towns with backup power, this thing might even replace my ancient LIFEPAK! I wonder if you can defibrillate and rock a TFV8 at the same time??

I understand know its been 5 days since I have gotten the RX 300 and I realize what the RX 300 may becoming self aware

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I hope they dont. lol

RX300_13.jpg

I just upgraded the RX 300 to the latest firmware and its working fine much better if anything I love the clock and I can brighten that screen its a win win even if the RX 300 is becoming self aware
skynet_wallpaper_by_headlight-d67gnsu.png

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think this was on the readme but at 58% battery life the weak battery life indicator is always on now with the RX 300 it works great though appears to be a bug in the issues list. Clock works everything appears to work even the games :)

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
the 24 hour format is universally understood while the AM/PM would be user specific

hh:mm:ss AM/PM = 11 characters. Try reading a font small enough to squeeze 11 characters on a Cuboid mini. On the Mini, there is hardly room for the seconds, much less AM/PM.

Even on a full sized Cuboid, without the AM/PM the digital clock is very difficult to read. It is not as bad on the larger display of the RXS.

Clock on the Mini, the digits in danger of being obscured by a pin head. (No inference to anybody that does not understand 24 hour time intended) :cool:

Camera.jpg

Last edited:

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
looks like the rx300 has been added, without charging support

Those guys don't waste any time. At least they have not added charging support.Until they do, my pockets and tables should be safe.

Any plans for a Mac version of NFirmwareEditor? I've got this firmware installed on my RX 2/3 and love it, been about an hour or two since I did it, works flawlessly. I would love to try the available software, I do not have Windows available to me.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Any plans for a Mac version of NFirmwareEditor? I've got this firmware installed on my RX 2/3 and love it, been about an hour or two since I did it, works flawlessly. I would love to try the available software, I do not have Windows available to me.

Welcome to VU! Please forgive/accept my pro Linux bias, :sarcasm:

PhantomOp gave you good advice. :fyi::nothingtoadd:

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Agree --- that is why my main OS is Microsoft, only because I still play PC games quite a bit that don't work on Linux. I run VMware Workstation for my Linux stuff, other than my Linux servers.
I run Windows at home at work if allowed depending on who I am contracting for I run Linux

gtrpickr

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I just got an RX200S in a trade deal and did the firmware upgrade and its pretty cool, I really like how easy it is to add or change a logo.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I just got an RX200S in a trade deal and did the firmware upgrade and its pretty cool, I really like how easy it is to add or change a logo.

If you use TC, you are also going to like the extra decimal point, and being able to adjust the algo.

just installed it on my Reuleaux RX200s & I love it. The screen is a little lower than before. beside that I love it.

check me youtube.com/Bookgotbandz

I'm having a problem with the firmware. My batteries on my RX2/3 are discharging incorrectly. I'm using 3 new Sony VTC4's that are married. When it gets down to 50% I put them in my led charger and it says that 2 of them are drained down (3.7 or so) and one has almost full power (4.05ish). IT will also say balance and blink when they get low.

I have 2 new sets of the vtc's (6 batteries total) and it will do this with all 2 sets. I also have a set of hg2's that it is doing it on as well. It is happening on the top positive side that is attached to the box (not the 3rd battery hold in the metal case. I have switched around the battery's in the unit during a cycle and it will use the power of the other 2 more than the 3rd that is bad to even them out a bid.

I bought these batteries from a trusted online seller that is referred on here a lot. Could it be the mod itself going bad? I just switched back to the 4.13 firmware update so we will see if it continues.

Let me know if anyone else is having this strange problem.

I'm a 20yr 1 pack a day smoker that has changed his life by vaping. I've been on;y vaping 6 months so please help me out. Thanks guys. Matt

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm having a problem with the firmware. My batteries on my RX2/3 are discharging incorrectly. I'm using 3 new Sony VTC4's that are married. When it gets down to 50% I put them in my led charger and it says that 2 of them are drained down (3.7 or so) and one has almost full power (4.05ish). IT will also say balance and blink when they get low.

I have 2 new sets of the vtc's (6 batteries total) and it will do this with all 2 sets. I also have a set of hg2's that it is doing it on as well. It is happening on the top positive side that is attached to the box (not the 3rd battery hold in the metal case. I have switched around the battery's in the unit during a cycle and it will use the power of the other 2 more than the 3rd that is bad to even them out a bid.

I bought these batteries from a trusted online seller that is referred on here a lot. Could it be the mod itself going bad? I just switched back to the 4.13 firmware update so we will see if it continues.

Let me know if anyone else is having this strange problem.

I'm a 20yr 1 pack a day smoker that has changed his life by vaping. I've been on;y vaping 6 months so please help me out. Thanks guys. Matt
you need to sign up on clockselect and create an issue so this can be followed through with

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My batteries on my RX2/3 are discharging incorrectly.

You're doing well to ask, but what you are describing is normal. The RX is a series mod, and batts in series always discharge unevenly.

Answer? Just rotate the position of the batts in the mod. Your smart charger will charge them evenly, or the RX will balance charge each bat separately through the USB, and the RX monitors each cell separately. during operation, and if one cell is too much different than the other 2, the RX won't fire, and will display a battery error, so don't worry too much.

Edit:

Looked into this a little further, Could be a hardware problem. Try reverting back to the stock firmware, and see if it still is happening. I don't have a 2/3, but had a quick look at one, is it possible there is a micro switch that the rear batt cover when installed, depresses?

Last edited:

VU Sponsors