Become a Patron!

New custom firmware for the RX200S!!!!!!! (and RX2/3 now)

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
From the same Uber Geek geniuses who brought us the fantastic firmware for the

• eVic VTC Mini
  • eVic VTC Dual
  • eVic VTwo Mini
  • eVic VTwo
  • eVic AIO
  • eVic Basic
  • eGrip II / Light
  • Cuboid
  • Cuboid Mini
  • Wismec Presa TC75W
  • Wismec Presa TC100W
  • Wismec Reuleaux RX75
  • Wismec Reuleaux RX200S
  • Wismec Reuleaux RX2/3
  • Wismec Reuleaux RXmini

Now supporting the RX200S.

Loaded, tested working fantastic.

https://github.com/ClockSelect/myevic

Pics to follow.

Last edited:

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You have a direct link to the bin file for this , that was my only gripe with the 200s was the font on the screen , that one is just what the doctor ordered

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is in the "README.md" file.
(I simply copy/pasted without formatting)

### Main Screen
* Double-click:

A double fire click switches between standard view and clock screen.
The clock screen is close to the one viewed on the VTwo box; just better, imo.
See below the Clock menu to know how to configure clock.

* Saver:

Select the screen saver animation. You may choose between None (blank screen), the clock (analog or digital depending on the Clock menu setting), 3D spinning objects, the logo, a Qix-like animation, or the snow screen. More to come. Content of this menu will vary from time to time; this document may not always be up to date. Have a look.
When the 3D screen saver is active, the + and - buttons change the animated object.
About the snow screen saver: choose this screen saver if your box experiment burnt pixels; it's a common issue on boxes a few months to a year old, and this screen may help restore the pixels. Se also the Invert option that may serve the same purpose.

* Clock

![Clock Menu
* Set Date/Time

Setup date and time.
Fire change edited field, + and - set value, and long click on fire saves the setting. Since you need to click 2 seconds on the fire button to save, setup the time 2 seconds in advance if you want to achieve best accuracy. I know...

There is some other ways to setup time:
* use the ```evic-usb time``` command, if you installed the [python-evic] command-line utility;
* use the Configuration Editor of the [NFirmwareEditor 5.0];open the Configuration Editor and click "Upload settings" to upload the current time.
* MicroSur's [FWUpdater] also as a "Set current time" function.

* Joyetech's official firmware updater also sets date & time when uploading a firmware.

* Fmt (date format)

Toggle date display format between day/month/year (default, logical, universal) format and month/day/year (US) format.

* Size

Toggle time display format of the digital dial between a small hh:mm:ss and a big HH:MM.

* Dial

Change the format of the clock display between a hand dial clock (A) and a digital clock with date and time (D). This will change the clock display on the main screen as well as on the screen saver, if the clock is chosen as screen saver.

* Clk Adjust

Adjust clock: for small adjustments to clock time + and - adjust clock by seconds. Fire to save. For VTwo owners, this option also adjusts the X32 frequency accordingly if done properly.

* Clk Speed

*This setting is useless on RTC-enabled boxes (VTwo/Dual, AIO, Basic, eGrip II)*
*This setting is only usefull if you have set the Light Sleep mode "OFF" in the Expert menu. See below the "LSL" setting in the Expert menu description. As long as the Light Sleep mode is "ON" (default setting), there is no real need to adjust the Clock Speed Ratio.*
Some boxes (VTC-Mini, Cuboid/Mini, Presa 75W, RX75, RX200S, RX2/3) does not have the needed 32kHz crystal soldered on the pcb to regulate the clock speed; so, another time source is used to drive the clock. Since its frequency is quite different, a clock speed ratio is needed to regulate the clock. As long as the box is awake (you're using it), the clock is regulated by the external 12.000MHz crystal, which is an accurate time source. Problem arises when the box enters sleep mode, since the crystal is switched off and the only clock source is the somewhat unreliable 10kHz internal oscillator of the processor. Clock drift mostly occurs when the box is switched off or sleeping.

The procedure to adjust the clock speed ratio is as follow:
* First, setup time accurately via the date/time menu or the "```evic-usb time```" command line.
* Let the box enter sleep mode (leave it alone or switch it off) for several hours. I suggest you're doing this before sleeping yourself.
* Awake the box and go into the "Clk Speed" menu; do not let the box enter sleep mode again in between, or you'll have to redo the whole thing.
* Using + and - buttons, adjust the time shown on top of the screen to catch up the real time. The number shown in the center of the screen is the clock speed ratio; reasonable values should be around 32~34000.
* Once you have adjusted the time to the real time, click fire to save the new clock speed ratio. Your clock should now be as accurate as it can. If not, try to repeat the procedure. Accuracy of a few seconds per day can be achieved this way.

----------

xXxelis_prxXx

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
It is in the "README.md" file.
(I simply copy/pasted without formatting)

### Main Screen
* Double-click:

A double fire click switches between standard view and clock screen.
The clock screen is close to the one viewed on the VTwo box; just better, imo.
See below the Clock menu to know how to configure clock.

* Saver:

Select the screen saver animation. You may choose between None (blank screen), the clock (analog or digital depending on the Clock menu setting), 3D spinning objects, the logo, a Qix-like animation, or the snow screen. More to come. Content of this menu will vary from time to time; this document may not always be up to date. Have a look.
When the 3D screen saver is active, the + and - buttons change the animated object.
About the snow screen saver: choose this screen saver if your box experiment burnt pixels; it's a common issue on boxes a few months to a year old, and this screen may help restore the pixels. Se also the Invert option that may serve the same purpose.

* Clock

![Clock Menu
* Set Date/Time

Setup date and time.
Fire change edited field, + and - set value, and long click on fire saves the setting. Since you need to click 2 seconds on the fire button to save, setup the time 2 seconds in advance if you want to achieve best accuracy. I know...

There is some other ways to setup time:
* use the ```evic-usb time``` command, if you installed the [python-evic] command-line utility;
* use the Configuration Editor of the [NFirmwareEditor 5.0];open the Configuration Editor and click "Upload settings" to upload the current time.
* MicroSur's [FWUpdater] also as a "Set current time" function.

* Joyetech's official firmware updater also sets date & time when uploading a firmware.

* Fmt (date format)

Toggle date display format between day/month/year (default, logical, universal) format and month/day/year (US) format.

* Size

Toggle time display format of the digital dial between a small hh:mm:ss and a big HH:MM.

* Dial

Change the format of the clock display between a hand dial clock (A) and a digital clock with date and time (D). This will change the clock display on the main screen as well as on the screen saver, if the clock is chosen as screen saver.

* Clk Adjust

Adjust clock: for small adjustments to clock time + and - adjust clock by seconds. Fire to save. For VTwo owners, this option also adjusts the X32 frequency accordingly if done properly.

* Clk Speed

*This setting is useless on RTC-enabled boxes (VTwo/Dual, AIO, Basic, eGrip II)*
*This setting is only usefull if you have set the Light Sleep mode "OFF" in the Expert menu. See below the "LSL" setting in the Expert menu description. As long as the Light Sleep mode is "ON" (default setting), there is no real need to adjust the Clock Speed Ratio.*
Some boxes (VTC-Mini, Cuboid/Mini, Presa 75W, RX75, RX200S, RX2/3) does not have the needed 32kHz crystal soldered on the pcb to regulate the clock speed; so, another time source is used to drive the clock. Since its frequency is quite different, a clock speed ratio is needed to regulate the clock. As long as the box is awake (you're using it), the clock is regulated by the external 12.000MHz crystal, which is an accurate time source. Problem arises when the box enters sleep mode, since the crystal is switched off and the only clock source is the somewhat unreliable 10kHz internal oscillator of the processor. Clock drift mostly occurs when the box is switched off or sleeping.

The procedure to adjust the clock speed ratio is as follow:
* First, setup time accurately via the date/time menu or the "```evic-usb time```" command line.
* Let the box enter sleep mode (leave it alone or switch it off) for several hours. I suggest you're doing this before sleeping yourself.
* Awake the box and go into the "Clk Speed" menu; do not let the box enter sleep mode again in between, or you'll have to redo the whole thing.
* Using + and - buttons, adjust the time shown on top of the screen to catch up the real time. The number shown in the center of the screen is the clock speed ratio; reasonable values should be around 32~34000.
* Once you have adjusted the time to the real time, click fire to save the new clock speed ratio. Your clock should now be as accurate as it can. If not, try to repeat the procedure. Accuracy of a few seconds per day can be achieved this way.

----------

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I forgot to mention I also removed any links that were in that readme.

Did it work for you?
I've tested it on my RX200S but none of my 2/3s yet.
Without an internal battery to hold the time, you'll have to reset the time each time you change batteries.

xXxelis_prxXx

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I forgot to mention I also removed any links that were in that readme.

Did it work for you?
I've tested it on my RX200S but none of my 2/3s yet.
Without an internal battery to hold the time, you'll have to reset the time each time you change batteries.

I just read everything. And yes works thanks again

SuperMidget

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I've been playing around with my ole beater Cuboid and while OPs ClockSelect version is fun, I loaded up the myEvic NFE Edition firmware. I can easily reset my settings in seconds and it pulls the time from my PC to auto set the clock with their version.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Not if you change the batts quickly. lol

If you spend more than a few seconds, you do have to reset the time on mods like the RX200S, as they have no internal clock like the Evic

Last edited:

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've been playing around with my ole beater Cuboid and while OPs ClockSelect version is fun, I loaded up the myEvic NFE Edition firmware. I can easily reset my settings in seconds and it pulls the time from my PC to auto set the clock with their version.

Firstly, its not my version. People with bigger brains than mine have done this.

Second, the NFE Edition is based on myEvic.

"We (me and maelstrom2001) created own firmware version based on myEvic and called it myEvic NFE Edition."

https://github.com/TBXin/NFirmwareEditor/releases

And third, this firmware will do the clock setting as well.

"There is some other ways to setup time:
* use the Configuration Editor of the [NFirmwareEditor 5.0];open the Configuration Editor and click "Upload settings" to upload the current time."

Last edited:

Lotus Insane

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
...need to figure ways on changing a few fonts and such, but will figure this out. Knowing me, going to have to read every readme...

SuperMidget

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Firstly, its not my version. People with bigger brains than mine have done this.

Second, the NFE Edition is based on myEvic.

"We (me and maelstrom2001) created own firmware version based on myEvic and called it myEvic NFE Edition."

https://github.com/TBXin/NFirmwareEditor/releases

And third, this firmware will do the clock setting as well.

"There is some other ways to setup time:
* use the Configuration Editor of the [NFirmwareEditor 5.0];open the Configuration Editor and click "Upload settings" to upload the current time."

I didn't mean to sound like I implied it was "your" version, just stating that you posted it.

I know it's based off it so I named the full version name of their offshoot to distinguish the difference.

I couldn't get the version posted here to open in nfe, it would read it for the sensors but not the configuration tool.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I didn't mean to sound like I implied it was "your" version, just stating that you posted it.
I know it's based off it so I named the full version name of their offshoot to distinguish the difference.
I couldn't get the version posted here to open in nfe, it would read it for the sensors but not the configuration tool.

NP. Make sure that NFE is turned on in the expert menu. By default, I believe it is off.

sohkis

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
loving the fw update on my rx2/3, looking fwd to seeing how things progress with the development

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Now, this firmware allows you to choose/modify the algorithms.

• Algo
    Choose betwen several algorithms for temperature control.
    • Off: use the default standard agorythm from stock firmware.
      • Sweet: much like the default, but smoothes out oscillations in regulation phase.
      • Boost: speeds up temperature ramp-up and reduces oscillations, but with the risk of overshooting the target temperature if not configured properly. See the Boost option below.
      • PID: A standard PID algorithm
      There is no "best" algorithm; it will essentialy depend on your setup and on your personnal taste. Test and experiment to see what fits best to you. The device monitor of the NFirmwareEditor is a great tool to observe the behavior of the algorithms with different setups and parameters.
      More algorithms may be implemented with time. Stay tuned.
  • Boost

A parameter controling the Boost algorithm (see above).
    Set the limit, in percentage of the target temperature, at wich the Boost algorithm will stop speeding up the temperature ramp-up phase. The more the value, the faster the ramp-up time, but with a higher risk of overshooting the target temperature. High values are best with heavy resistances such as clapton builds, lower are prefered with light resistances such as single high gauge wire. Also, choosing the right power/wattage setup (not too high nor too low) will help prevent overshooting while keeping a fast ramp-up. You'll have to experiment to see what fits the best for your setup and personal taste.
    A long fire resets the parameter to its default value.

• P, I, D

The 3 parameters controlling the Proportional, Integral and Derivative part of the PID algorithm. You should familiarize yourself with the PID algorithm before playing with those parameters. Many papers exist over the internet on the subject.
    A long fire resets the parameter to its default value.

xXxelis_prxXx

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
How is the question I did one for my co worker and he doesn't like it and I try and the wismec update program doesn't recognize the mod

Dagoroth

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
This is amazing, I put it on my cuboid and Rx200s LOVING IT! I love the screen savers and the little octa 3D thing below my watts output display. So awesome:xD:. This made my night. Loving the contrast at 100% too, very cool.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
How is the question I did one for my co worker and he doesn't like it and I try and the wismec update program doesn't recognize the mod

Made it happen. Go to expert in settings, and select USB to HID. Fixed.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just put this on my RX200 2/3. Unbelievable ! It's like a whole new mod ! I'm loving this ! Thanks for the heads up !

Tom950

VU Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
anyone else notice a huge increase in battery life compared to the stock firmware?

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
anyone else notice a huge increase in battery life compared to the stock firmware?

Not huge, but on my RX I thought it might be lasting longer. I haven't had my Cuboid for long enough before I put this on.

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok so please simplify for a moron like me. I use the Reuleaux update software just like I normally would. I download the bin file (where do I find that?). Then point to that bin file and click update? It's really that easy?

Is it the same bin file for the 2/3 & 200S?

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There's a link at the top of the page posted by OneBadWolf. You get the bin file there and save it to you computer. Using the Wisemec update tool point to the myevic,bin file you downloaded and click update. Simple as that ! And yes the same bin file for both. It's amazing ! Very nice of OnebadWolf to provide us with this information. Also on the page the link takes you to there's a description of what everything is and how to set it. Your going to love the update.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wow. They added another decimal place to lock in the resistance manually, and it now displays megaohm resistance as well.

Wow. They added another decimal place to lock in the resistance manually, and it now displays megaohm resistance as well.

hi, "OneBadWolf"

i have already use your firmware on my RX2/3 and is very usefull also i turn on the nfe option and read from nfirmware it can download and reset my mod setting but cannot upload it, its really great if i can upload it the setting to my mod to and the sensor reading its amazing i can monitor all parameter on my mod and see it in my computer also tes my mod firing by choose how much sec time i want. very good job, hope there another upgrade for uploading settings.

Still newbie 6 month vaping

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
hi, "OneBadWolf"

I had nothing to do with this firmware, other than posting it here. I'm extremely grateful to the gifted individuals who have done all of this great work. I cannot write in Russian, or I would invite them here.

I had nothing to do with this firmware, other than posting it here. I'm extremely grateful to the gifted individuals who have done all of this great work. I cannot write in Russian, or I would invite them here.

so its another people that have done this and how do you find this firmware?

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
so its another people that have done this and how do you find this firmware?

Correct. I found it because I had begun a similar project for the Smok X Cube II, but I gave up, after buying my first RX. Wismec has supported the RX better than any other manufacturer as far as firmware, but these guys have shown what is possible.

Correct. I found it because I had begun a similar project for the Smok X Cube II, but I gave up, after buying my first RX. Wismec has supported the RX better than any other manufacturer as far as firmware, but these guys have shown what is possible.
yes i agree about that, maybe still far but almost like escrib from evolv

how do you change the battery to percentage? sry newbie here

i seen about changing the clock but its pretty complicated, not even gonna worry about it since it resets every time i change battery correct?

EDIT! NVM I FOUND IT. RIGHT BUTTON WITH THE FIRE BUTTON...

MAN THERES SO MANY SETTINGS! HOW DO I KNOW WHATS WHAT LOL

Last edited:

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just broke down and ordered the S, gave my RX to my buddy to get him to quit smoking and my lady has taken over my ipv3li......:(

Haven't been on for a while and figured I would visit and found this wonderful thread!!! this definitely made me more excited with my purchase:)

Thanks for posting Wolf!!!!:)

VU Sponsors