Movie Talk

Petyr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Has anyone seen the first episode of the new season of True Detective ? I think it was great and probably a bit heavier than the opening episode of the first season. Has anyone seen it ? ( The new episode and Season 1 )

MEENMAN83

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Has anyone seen the first episode of the new season of True Detective ? I think it was great and probably a bit heavier than the opening episode of the first season. Has anyone seen it ? ( The new episode and Season 1 )
Will watch once I rap up Hannibal season 3. I am pissed NBC cancelled howver it is indepently funded so amazon and netflix are gunning for it. Is the new cast as good as the past cast in the new season of TD?

blipt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Watched it last nite with the wife.....it was And always is in the first2 episodes slow to take off but I'm curious to see how it plays out. The notebook girl actually surprised me I didn't think she could do a role like the one she has.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Perhaps you should make a topic called "TV Talk"

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh I don't care either it was just a suggestion lol

othurme

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Everyone should go see Dope. It is fantastic and hilarious.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
There's a Netflix thread floating around here somewhere. I don't recall "TV" thread, though.

Petyr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I will have to look that one up, thanks !

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ant-man....not a bad movie. It's not your typical marvel movie.

Petyr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I went to see the new Fantastic 4.... and all the things you hear about it in the media are true. Halfway through the movie I was praying for it to end. It is awful and unwatchable.

Petyr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Probably it is due to being summer, but somehow the movies that are going out right now are somewhat lacking. I went to
Hitman: Agent 47 and although there was enough shooting the movie is not one that I will watch again. There is action, the plot is messy and you get annoyed with the characters.. Anyway I have real hopes for shows and movies that are going to be released in the winter and fall.

blipt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If there is a movie you go see this year make it southpaw....the best movie I have seen in a long time. Has everything action suspense and even make you want to cry at one point......I give it a 10 out of 10 and you can ask my wife I rarely do that

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

dannycarlisle18

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Has anyone seen "The Gift"? I'm going tonight and I've heard a lot of good things thus far.

Just want some opinions!

Petyr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Can anyone recommend me a good detective movie ? It could be recent, but preferably something with a bit of years on its back :) .

DripDripptyDrip

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

DripDripptyDrip

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Seven is brilliant, David Fincher beginning to hone his style, Brad Pitt showing off his young skills, all coming together for a great movie that led to more collaborations between the two.

MEENMAN83

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Can anyone recommend me a good detective movie ? It could be recent, but preferably something with a bit of years on its back :) .
Street Kings (1st one....second one blew), The Departed, Internal Affairs, The Raid (1 & 2), Seven, End of Watch., Basic..some are not quite actual detective movies but are well done and are detective-ish.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
+1 for The Departed and End of Watch, definitely for Seven. Not sure I've seen the others.

DripDripptyDrip

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Great Detective Movies: Heat, The French Connection, Chinatown. All unforgettable

DripDripptyDrip

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What upcoming 2015 movie are you most excited about? Mine is The Revenant. Alejandro Inarritu, Emmanuel Lubezki, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Tom Hardy, can't get much better.

Bacong

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
movies I saw this summer:

Inside Out (4x) 5/5
Terminator Genisys 2/5
Jurassic World 3.5/5
Minions 3/5

Petyr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Seven is awesome - not necessarily a detective movie, but sort of.

It has long been one of my favorites :D

Street Kings (1st one....second one blew), The Departed, Internal Affairs, The Raid (1 & 2), Seven, End of Watch., Basic..some are not quite actual detective movies but are well done and are detective-ish.

I will give The Raid and Internal Affairs a try ! Thank you for the proposals

Dead_Chivalry

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's TV but how about the wire? It's a crime drama about detectives. Such a amazing show. 5 seasons. There all on amazon video free with prime.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Dead_Chivalry

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Old news probably... but, we watched Interstellar. WOW WOW WOW. I'm not a fan of Mcconaughey, but damn that was good. Also, American Sniper. One of those movies I hate to say we liked it, because of the events, but yeah. Wow.
Christopher Nolan is amazing. Inception is my favorite film directed by him

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

DripDripptyDrip

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Christopher Nolan goes above and beyond. Interstellar was a scientific and cinematic achievement. You can go as far back as his feature directing debut Following (1998) and you can see some of the genius that was to come. He followed up with Memento 2 years later which blew people away. Some might say he is at the top of his craft right now.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Old news probably... but, we watched Interstellar. WOW WOW WOW. I'm not a fan of Mcconaughey, but damn that was good. Also, American Sniper. One of those movies I hate to say we liked it, because of the events, but yeah. Wow.
American sniper was ok. The only part that got me was the end. That Peter Gabriel version of heroes with those scenes fucked me up pretty good. The movie really doesn't do the book justice tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Got bored the other day, watched All Is Lost on Netflix. Pretty intense, no dialogue, really, one actor. Personally, I really liked it. Can't tell ya how many times I held my breath.

Petyr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Got bored the other day, watched All Is Lost on Netflix. Pretty intense, no dialogue, really, one actor. Personally, I really liked it. Can't tell ya how many times I held my breath.
I came to this thread with the idea to look for something to watch and after seeing the trailer I am definitely watching it tonight. Thanks !

Petyr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I liked it. I totally dig the whole man vs. nature theme. Before seeing your post I was gonna watch again Castaway , but since it would have been the 5th time :D it was a good thing it didn't go that way.

Petyr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I went to see The Martian and all in all it was a good movie. It had a "close to home, yet hard sci fi" feel about it and for once I wasn't disappointed, but the movie could be appealing to everyone. Imagine Castaway, but in space and with more politics in it.

Petyr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey, does anybody has a recommendation about the new crop of movies . I know that "Specter" is just several days shy from its premiere , but aside from it ?

vape me

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Did anyone here see Creed? Saw it a few weeks back and found it very inspirational.

VU Sponsors