nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Is be curious to see a pic of thecoil you are using. I hear about staged coils allot, but not sure I know exactly what is meant by staged. Maybe I'm just over thinking it though. I do that allot LOL

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

The staged heating coil is just a fused Clapton wrapped parallel with a round wire. It's all nichrome 80, the Clapton is 28x2/38, the round wire is 24ga, 3.5mm ID.

I cut the two strands of wire and just wrapped them side-by-side around the rod. This is the second one I did, so not the most attractive thing in the world, but it sure vapes great.

Shogun.jpg

Roman_RO

Bronze Contributor
I just ordered a clone drop dead RDA from ebay, I watched a really good vidja on a comparison between the clone and the authentic and there were not that many. One pretty big factory on the clone was the air holes are bigger than the real deal. I watched a lot of vidjas on people who owns the clone and they all seem to love it. So I based my decision other peoples reviews. Can't wait to get it..

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just ordered a clone drop dead RDA from ebay, I watched a really good vidja on a comparison between the clone and the authentic and there were not that many. One pretty big factory on the clone was the air holes are bigger than the real deal. I watched a lot of vidjas on people who owns the clone and they all seem to love it. So I based my decision other peoples reviews. Can't wait to get it..

A couple of weeks ago I bought and received a clone Purge Truck mod on ebay and the seller sent a clone dead rabbit with it. Haven't taken it out of the package to compare to the authentic, but ti was still a cool gesture.

Roman_RO

Bronze Contributor
A couple of weeks ago I bought and received a clone Purge Truck mod on ebay and the seller sent a clone dead rabbit with it. Haven't taken it out of the package to compare to the authentic, but ti was still a cool gesture.
That was cool of him to do that. I like the drop dead Atty because how the build deck is made and the positioning of the air flow holes. The clone is about a millimeter taller than the authentic and the posts are just a little smaller than the authentic which is not a big deal.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Grrr, my tax return is supposed to be here today, but nothing yet. So annoyed. Have carts ready to go. I want my new squonker and mixing stuff.

That shiny
bf774cf6668b727cccaa51223bdf511b.gif

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you, I was debating on the Rage or Pulse Dual. Was hearing about the Pulse leaking juice in the 510 or something like that, so stuck with the Rage. Honestly I wanted a dual battery mech squonker, but couldn't find one. I only saw mechs in single battery, but that's ok. The Rage looks like a beast :)

I've not had one issue from my rage. Grrrr. Lol great mod. Can get extra bottles or colored if you want.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry for the multiple quotes. Fucking tapa2. So I pre-ordered the profile rta today. From wotofo. 45 shipped when it comes out. From what the site says that'll be tomorrow

Roman_RO

Bronze Contributor
Sorry for the multiple quotes. Fucking tapa2. So I pre-ordered the profile rta today. From wotofo. 45 shipped when it comes out. From what the site says that'll be tomorrow
If you like mesh you'll love the profile. Kinda wish you would have waited and maybe done some trading with me. My Tapa is acting weird, when someone likes or quotes my post I get the same notification like 3 or 4 times...

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you like mesh you'll love the profile. Kinda wish you would have waited and maybe done some trading with me. My Tapa is acting weird, when someone likes or quotes my post I get the same notification like 3 or 4 times...
Oh no this is the rta that's not come out yet. I've got 3 profiles already. Lemme see what I've got but don't think I have anything top airflow. I'll get back shortly

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
More snow and temps in the 20s today:

Issued: 12:50 PM Feb. 27, 2019 – National Weather Service
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 3 PM PST THIS
AFTERNOON...

* WHAT...Snow expected. Additional snow accumulations of around
an inch expected. Winds gusting as high as 20 mph will bring
areas of blowing and drifting snow.

* WHEN...Until 3 PM PST this afternoon.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Plan on slippery road conditions. Areas
of blowing and drifting snow could reduce visibility and make
roads impassable. The hazardous conditions could impact the
morning commute.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
So I'm gonna start building my own coils, I'm not gonna sale any because I'm not a pro yet. Anyways do I need a ohm tester or can I just build on top of my mods and find out the ohms of my build that way?

You can use a regulated, variable wattage mod. Just don't get impatient and put a new coil on a mech before you've tested it on a regulated mod.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I have some 22g kanthal coming. Is that a good gauge for clouds?

Have you ever looked at the coil wrapping calculator at http://www.steam-engine.org ?

Whether a wire is right for you just depends on what you want. The heaviest wire I have is 24ga, and I probably won't go any heavier. I also use nichrome and stainless, not kanthal, because of ramp-up time. I vape a wattage below 50 almost exclusively except for when I have fully-charged batteries in mechs, and even then don't think wattage stays above 50 for very long.

Roman_RO

Bronze Contributor
Have you ever looked at the coil wrapping calculator at http://www.steam-engine.org ?

Whether a wire is right for you just depends on what you want. The heaviest wire I have is 24ga, and I probably won't go any heavier. I also use nichrome and stainless, not kanthal, because of ramp-up time. I vape a wattage below 50 almost exclusively except for when I have fully-charged batteries in mechs, and even then don't think wattage stays above 50 for very long.
Good info thank you for the link!

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Good Morning everyone-

:wave:

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Are you saying it's a good morning or are you wishing us a good morning? My brain always goes to this when someone says good morning. I work in an office so I hear "good morning" a million times a day lol.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Are you saying it's a good morning or are you wishing us a good morning? My brain always goes to this when someone says good morning. I work in an office so I hear "good morning" a million times a day lol.
At work we have a unwritten rule that you cannot say "good'. You can only acknowledge morning by saying "morning".
So to answer your question. I don't know.....

VU Sponsors