Member For 5 Years
f31b4b45d7854a39ed99ea0e13c66edf.jpg

Hobo RDA on my 4Nine in 18350 mode

whats your coil set up under that?

The.Drifter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Evening everybody :)

Had a little time to tinker today, made a clear tank for my Heron out of a 10ml juice bottle and wanted to share the results in case anyone else with a Heron wants to try it ;)

Shot of the bottle before I took a razor to it:
1m30ala995yygmr6g.jpg

Little bit of sanding to match the height of the original SS tank and here we are:
l6a6mr6txr4v2b76g.jpg

Pic of it on the Mod:
eh3j5fc9gaofsry6g.jpg

I dont think it came out too bad for something just laying around the house and 10 minutes of time :)

damien

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Stingray+mutation X with my suicide bunny... great way to end the week....ha ha
53f0d7ca7e5ffe34f7ba43d038e54930.jpg

batts

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

my Cartel Boss 26650 and King v2 18650 both by Infinite both clones with a plume veil and stillare (and some other hobbies)

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Tax season last year I got my prize mods... A Greek Blast from the past...I was so excited to get my first authentic mod yet I've never taken a good picture of it....Authentic Greek Vapor's Edition Nemesis with a Diver V2 inside Spectrum Glass with IBT stainless caps...old school carto RTA'ing (cause "back in the day" in vape terms was like last wed ;) )

GreekVape1_zps79d94314.jpg
GreekVape2_zps8ace5755.jpg

And this was my baby...I took this when I got it....Black copper Stingray 975...I wouldn't even use it or handle it without using tissue the first month because I "wanted to keep it nice" so I took a picture of it that way...then I realized...what's the point of having such a nice mod if you never use it? :)

stingraycopper1_zpsc53a1ce1.jpg

CloudPusher

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's night now and my pics with flash are not so great. But this will suffice...
nbw087.jpg

oqevsx.jpg

The mod and atty are pretty hefty, but i love the solid feel of it.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's night now and my pics with flash are not so great. But this will suffice...
nbw087.jpg

oqevsx.jpg

The mod and atty are pretty hefty, but i love the solid feel of it.

Dimitri is such a smart and straightforward mechanical design. I really kinda admire it. :)

What is the button action like. Light, heavy? Predictable firing?

CloudPusher

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Dimitri is such a smart and straightforward mechanical design. I really kinda admire it. :)

What is the button action like. Light, heavy? Predictable firing?

It has a short smooth throw. it fires every time i hit it. It locks when you turn the switch clockwise. It is a great design and many other people and manufactures are making similar designs for box mods now. The power goes straight to the coil and does not even hit the switch. This is the only one i have seen with a magnetic cover so far though. Angelcigs started selling a similar design(held in by a bottom plate that screws in) as well for around the same price but they are sold out already. I like the way this one is built much better anyway. And easy to clean. It also has a 510 connector surrounded by a delrin insulator to keep the mod from getting hot. And it came with an extra 510 connector in the box. A great deal for $37 from FT and worth the wait.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It has a short smooth throw. it fires every time i hit it. It locks when you turn the switch clockwise. It is a great design and many other people and manufactures are making similar designs for box mods now. The power goes straight to the coil and does not even hit the switch. This is the only one i have seen with a magnetic cover so far though. Angelcigs started selling a similar design(held in by a bottom plate that screws in) as well for around the same price but they are sold out already. I like the way this one is built much better anyway. And easy to clean. It also has a 510 connector surrounded by a delrin insulator to keep the mod from getting hot. And it came with an extra 510 connector in the box. A great deal for $37 from FT and worth the wait.

Sounds all good. Looks like the better of the two. The Angelcigs looks good too, but that aluminum 510 threading is not going to last. Don't think it has a lock either--not that it really needs one.

Angel Cigs

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Sounds all good. Looks like the better of the two. The Angelcigs looks good too, but that aluminum 510 threading is not going to last. Don't think it has a lock either--not that it really needs one.

That box we sell is called Angel dual 18650 Box mod. :) Yes it doesn't have a lock and doesn't need one either. :)
Many customers received the first batch and they love it!

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Left: Caravela, Ignition base, Orchid with Taifun GT tank and top cap. 6 ml capacity.

Right: Gripper (modified), Orchid with Kayfun bell cap and reduced chamber size. 3 ml capacity.

p1222212-edit-jpg.12997

Now that I've got the Ignition base fit with a Fatdaddy spring loaded core on the atty side, and fixed up the other electrical connections, that rig is working great. Heavier than the Gripper, but shorter and holds twice the juice. :)

NicksCustoms

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
vanilla with prototype RDA top

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 47

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Switch to copper or brass SMPL and you will be covered with those Derringer caps. :)

Any comments about the vape? I'm thinking of getting one.

I have the Brass, and getting the Copper smpl next week. Also bought the last copper 350 tube Vaporlair had.

A month ago I order 10 Derringer clones. Forgot all about them and they arrived yesterday. Bought them for about 15 dollars each which included DHL delivery. I have 3 left if you want one. Selling them in the Hardware section. Trying to get rid of them at cost. The vape is excellent in my opinion.

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/fs-praxis-derringer-atomizers.51488/

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the Brass, and getting the Copper smpl next week. Also bought the last copper 350 tube Vaporlair had.

A month ago I order 10 Derringer clones. Forgot all about them and they arrived yesterday. Bought them for about 15 dollars each which included DHL delivery. I have 3 left if you want one. Selling them in the Hardware section. Trying to get rid of them at cost. The vape is excellent in my opinion.

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/fs-praxis-derringer-atomizers.51488/

Nice quality. Too nice for what I'm going to do to it, that is, hack it to bits for an atty project I'm planning.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The jade colour penetrates all the way through. The colour was added at the time he stabilised the wood. He extended the stabilisation time to the point where the polymer percentage almost makes the oak feel plastic....which allowed him to mill the walls much thinner than normal.

Interesting process. New to me. :)

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The jade colour penetrates all the way through. The colour was added at the time he stabilised the wood. He extended the stabilisation time to the point where the polymer percentage almost makes the oak feel plastic....which allowed him to mill the walls much thinner than normal.
We would do something similar in boat building. Encapsulating wood in thinned epoxy. Using a vacuum bag techniques, the wood would be virtually petrified when finished.

nameonawall

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm a regulated kind of guy, and when I use mechs, they are 18350. I use these two very often.
IMG_20150127_135553.jpg IMG_20150128_154210.jpg

huston

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
rba vapors. and i was thinking i want to get a brass one now too lol

VU Sponsors