Become a Patron!

Low to Mid-Range

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And if I recall correctly Todd said they had wires in them, which should make them easy to convert to Mosfets.
It has a pretty heavy wire that runs from the bottom contact up the middle in a countersunk channel round the back of the 510 assembly and is soldered onto the button contact. You could put a mosfet in there, but it might not be that easy to get apart. I never tried, but it looks press fitted.

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The button gets softer and easier to push after long term use. Mine had to be pushed at a downward angle tho due to how the little gold plated cap connects with the 510. It's not straight. Makes a crooked contact if the button is pushed wrong.
Finicky. Sometimes wouldn't fire at all due to how the connection is designed.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ah, I had a green ram squonk. It was a decent little mod. Needs constant cleaning like with any other mech or unregulated. Without proper, scheduled cleaning, there is a little gold plated cap on the backside of the fire button that makes contact with the 510, that will start arcing and will be quickly destroyed. Mine arced bad from day one. Had to polish the hell out of the 510 and the little gold plated cap.
They work good. They will work like shit when even a little dirty.
At 4 bucks I don't think you can go wrong tho!
I don't squonk anymore and I'm tempted to buy a couple....
Hmmm. Not trying to be a contrarian at all, but I wonder if you might have gotten a wonky one or something. Other than a quick wipe down of the contacts I've never cleaned mine. This is the green one that's been used a lot. It was tough to get some light in there.20200121_143119_cr.jpg 20200121_143324_cr.jpg

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The button gets softer and easier to push after long term use. Mine had to be pushed at a downward angle tho due to how the little gold plated cap connects with the 510. It's not straight. Makes a crooked contact if the button is pushed wrong.
Finicky. Sometimes wouldn't fire at all due to how the connection is designed.
I do think maybe you got a wonky one, which would be a bummer. The button spring did soften up over time, but I've had no contact or firing issues at all. Press straight on with my thumb.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
How often do you have to re-polish it to keep it shiny?

under normal in house use, pretty much never. if you carry it, in pocket/whatever, i will get tiny little scratches.

disclaimer = i am assuming this resin is like the other resins i have worked with. but i don't see why this one would be any different.
this was a $75 mod at one time.

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmm. Not trying to be a contrarian at all, but I wonder if you might have gotten a wonky one or something. Other than quick wipe down of the contacts I've never cleaned mine. This is the green one that's been used a lot. It was tough to get some light in there.View attachment 153826 View attachment 153827
Mine may have been a bad one. Mine constantly arced on that contact cap. No matter how much i cleaned. The whole button assembly was a bit wobbly on mine. Only made contact with the 510 on about 1/3 of the little connecton cap.
Hope that made sense...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Their "stable wood" color looks very much like the black resin. There isn't quite as much color variation in it - more a swirled gray and black, or at least mine is.

I have three Ram squonkers and I love 'em. You might have to figure out a trick that works for you with the button, though. I have to actually press it with my thumb joint, otherwise it's very difficult.

ETA: If you don't like the plastic bottles that come with them, Gremlin bottles will fit.

The pic below looks pretty accurate to me:

box-vapor-ram-bf-stentorian.jpg

great, thanx.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
under normal in house use, pretty much never. if you carry it, in pocket/whatever, i will get tiny little scratches.

disclaimer = i am assuming this resin is like the other resins i have worked with. but i don't see why this one would be any different.
I like the silky semi grippy feel of how it comes though. Essentially, it's matte resin. You'll see.

Oh yeah. Props to @Just Frank for the tip. This one's a giveaway no brainer.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine may have been a bad one. Mine constantly arced on that contact cap. No matter how much i cleaned. The whole button assembly was a bit wobbly on mine. Only made contact with the 510 on about 1/3 of the little connecton cap.
Hope that made sense...
They went through a couple revisions, but I wonder if they also might have done some silent tweaking into the later runs.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

THIS is the guy who polished up his blue one. My green one is on that page too.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I like the silky semi grippy feel of how it comes though. Essentially, it's matte resin. You'll see.

Oh yeah. Props to @Just Frank for the tip. This one's a giveaway no brainer.

I thought getting them for $10 was a giveaway. That's what I paid for two of mine at Breazy before Christmas 2018.

VapeNW still has them for $9.99, in all the colors except Padauk, if anyone is just dying for a different color. I'd love to have a blue one or a green one, but three of them is enough.

I've used the hell out of my purple one, and I can't tell that the button has softened not one bit. Also have never seen arcing, and don't have to push down on the button for it to make contact. Have had no leaking around the 510 on any of them.

There is one thing, though, they will break, the main mod body, right into two pieces. I PIF'd one to another member once, and he dropped it on the floor and it was no more.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought getting them for $10 was a giveaway. That's what I paid for two of mine at Breazy before Christmas 2018.
Yep, that's when I got mine. I got the green one first and then ordered a black one after I found out how much I liked it. I got a couple Athenas at the same time for under 10 too. 4 dollars is ridiculous. I just had to grab a couple more no matter what color they were.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I don't have a Screen tank yet but I'm getting one lol. I just bought 20 boxes of coils lol :D. I've heard good things and probably should've ordered more. There's another cheaper Sense tank that can use those coils. I don't know if they're tfv8 compatible but haven't heard anything.

VapeNW has a few colors of the Screen for $9.99.

I finally went ahead and took advantage of this sale. Got some Vaporesso cCell coils, some Aspire Mini Triton coils, a Resa Prince tank, and a Vaporesso Gemini RTA. $25 shipped.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I should have asked before I placed my order, but does anyone know for sure if the Prince RBA will fit the Resa Prince tank?

I sure hope so. I looked at a couple of listings in vape stores, and in one place saw "compatible with TFV12 coil series" or something like, and in the picture of TFV12 coils was the RBA. I figured it would fit, but that may have been too much of an assumption on my part.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good to know! Thank you!
I took a pic for ya-
0122202037-1.jpg

I don't know if you've ever used a Resa Prince before. I like them. They're a pretty good tank considering how much you can get them for. I have a bunch but only use a couple of them. They come with 3 coils which is pretty nice. They hold a lot of liquid too.

I'm not sure how one of them would take a hard fall. A part of it might or probably would shatter like most resin tanks.

Another thing, don't tighten the tap cap too much. I got it got stuck to the chimney part a couple of times. So I went to fill, twist the top cap, and the whole chimney was spinning. I haven't done that in a long while now. Took a pick of the chimney for the hell of it-
0122202052b-1.jpg

Also the top cap isn't grippy at all, so minor con there. All in all, good tank IMO. I usually have zero trouble with Smok coils.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I took a pic for ya-
View attachment 153885

I don't know if you've ever used a Resa Prince before. I like them. They're a pretty good tank considering how much you can get them for. I have a bunch but only use a couple of them. They come with 3 coils which is pretty nice. They hold a lot of liquid too.

I'm not sure how one of them would take a hard fall. A part of it might or probably would shatter like most resin tanks.

Another thing, don't tighten the tap cap too much. I got it got stuck to the chimney part a couple of times. So I went to fill, twist the top cap, and the whole chimney was spinning. I haven't done that in a long while now. Took a pick of the chimney for the hell of it-
View attachment 153887

Also the top cap isn't grippy at all, so minor con there. All in all, good tank IMO. I usually have zero trouble with Smok coils.

I have never actually vaped a TFV series coil of any kind. Might just give them a try when this tank comes, before I put an RBA in.

Those tips will be very helpful, thank you again!

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
i got mine late last night. pre-shipment of course

I just checked on my order- shipped and expect on Friday 1/24 - tomorrow
:vapemail:

Status

In-Transit
January 22, 2020 at 8:48 pm

Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility

ANAHEIM CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Expected Delivery by
Friday 24 January 2020 by
8:00pm

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I took a pic for ya-
View attachment 153885

View attachment 153887

The more I look at this tank, the better I like it. I love that the cap screws on instead of pivoting to allow refilling. I love that it basically has no chimney distance, so flavor should be really good. Now will have to see if I can wick it so that it doesn't leak.

MikeVapes has a video about it, and he shows several of the different colors. I'm really happy I chose the white. It's gonna look great on my white Baby Ness. I'm getting excited!

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years

I just checked on my order- shipped and expect on Friday 1/24 - tomorrow
:vapemail:

Status

In-Transit
January 22, 2020 at 8:48 pm

Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility

ANAHEIM CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Expected Delivery by
Friday 24 January 2020 by
8:00pm

2 days cali to NY, hmmmm

mine will prolly go out today, so perhaps monday.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks for reminding me guys. I just checked my email and I got a tracking number! I'm having trouble looking at the USPS site right now but will check later. Hope you get notifications soon @gsmit1

The reason you're having trouble is that, where you are, it's cold enough for electricity to freeze.....just sayin.... :p

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Hmmmmmm... I just got an e-mail that they refunded $5.50 of my $29 order. Evidently the iSub coils went out of stock. :rolleyes:

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Mine just shipped.

Feel bad for @Countrypami It's a bummer when things go outta stock like that. :(

However, my Katanas are in California it turns out. DHL's tracking is confusing and they have at least 3 different tracking systems for their eCommerce thing.
Well I've got tracking number now... so far, so good.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Mine is in transit, in Anaheim CA, supposed to be delivered on Monday.

VU Sponsors