nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Have you tried the Vandy Vape Revolver RTA? I'm not too intrigued by the airflow wheel thingy. I just like single coil RTAs and that ones really cheap.

I have some of those old TF-RTAs. I like the one with velocity posts. I wish I knew of a Bubble Glass for it though. The dome part that goes over the build deck takes a lot of room inside the tank. I had to refill often but it vaped really nice.

No, haven't tried the Revolver. I'm not too adventurous with RTAs, have had trouble from time to time with leaking, so I tend to have multiples of models that I know I can build and wick properly. If the Smok had been any more expensive, I wouldn't have taken the chance!

I'm still bummed that Strikes USA got rid of those Captain Elite RTAs. I was going to order a couple more! (Yes, they are small, too, but omg they vape so great!)

If anyone can find a bubble glass for that TF-RTA, it is you! Beats all I've ever seen how you sort stuff like that out!

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm still bummed that Strikes USA got rid of those Captain Elite RTAs. I was going to order a couple more! (Yes, they are small, too, but omg they vape so great!)

If anyone can find a bubble glass for that TF-RTA, it is you! Beats all I've ever seen how you sort stuff like that out!
I got two of the Elites when they were 12 bucks or whatever. Yes, they vape great! I have both of them on mods right now. I wish I had more of them too.

I bought 2 of the bigger Captains from Strikes and ended up with another free one. I haven't used them as much as the Elites. I lean towards single coil these days.

I think I looked through my tanks to find a match with no success. That 24.5mm might be an oddball if that's what the glass measures.. I'll see if I can find something-or-other online.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Now ya made me pull mine back out :D Still had coils in it.
View attachment 152936
I just got mine today. I wanted to try the single coil airflow first. I thought maybe a larger coil might work well. I've had a roll of Coilology SS316L 4x28 + 38ga fused clapton wire for a while, but never used any. I decided to try it out 4mm ID, 4 wraps. It sprung out, so my coil was even wider lol. I've never used a coil that fat before..

0108202106-1.jpg
My thinking was, I wanted the airflow to hit a lot of the coil and not just go strait up past it. Also, the opening is sort of narrow. Most of my multi core fused clapton coils get wore out in the middle not really the outside edges. I was only really worried about those two center wraps being lined up proper. This is getting long so I'll try wrap it up..

It vapes pretty awesome! I'm getting very good flavor and a decent amount of airflow. My coil ohmed out at .25 and I'm using it at 55W. It's a pretty terrific vape IMO.

The only thing bugs me a little is the chimney dome/top ring/top cap is all one piece. The latch seems to work well and everything. I just wonder how or if it comes apart for cleaning. I cleaned it the best I could without getting water in the top part prior to using it. The gasket appears to be one piece and runs under the latch system? There's gotta be a way to take that gasket out.. Here's a pic for people wondering-
0108202110-1.jpg

The fill hole on the left is a little deformed but that's alright. It doesnt really matter. I'm probably going to get atleast one more of these, if not two. This is just my first build and I'm sure it can be even better. Plus it can double as a dual coil RTA. I might like the other center block even better.

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
www.kangerwholesaleusa.com

Nunchaku kit with RDA on sale for $14.99, less 20% with code VD20, plus $9.99 shipping = Nunchaku kit shipped for $21.98

Have colors olive green, mint green, and purplish red

I didn't order one (almost did, then H said "are you sure you need it?" and I had to say, "well of course I don't need it") but seems like a great deal. I know that a lot of folks have said they like the Nunchaku.

Last edited:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Nunchaku kit on sale for $14.99, less 20% with code VD20, plus $9.99 shipping = Nunchaku kit shipped for $21.98

I didn't order one (almost did, then H said "are you sure you need it?" and I had to say, "well of course I don't need it") but seems like a great deal. I know that a lot of folks have said they like the Nunchaku.
That’s an RDA Kit? Niiiiice! I had no idea there was a RDA for that. I have one with a stock tank and I actually like/use it. Coils aren’t terrible at all. Great price. Damn.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
That’s an RDA Kit? Niiiiice! I had no idea there was a RDA for that. I have one with a stock tank and I actually like/use it. Coils aren’t terrible at all. Great price. Damn.

I didn't even think about the RDA being a different element than what normally comes in a Nunchaku kit. You're right! Not sure I've seen the RDA before!

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think the RDA version kit came out after the tank version. I fricken love my Nunchaku tanks. If you haven't tried the .2Ω mesh coils, I highly suggest trying some. They say [Best 50-60W], but I use them around 45-50. Flavor is outstanding with them. They seem to vape awesome longer than the (clapton) wire coils.

There's a Nunchaku 2 tank now that came with the new up/down button-less tilt mod. Rumor has it, the coils will fit in the older Nunchaku tanks. The new coils are supposed to be higher wattage though.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I think the RDA version kit came out after the tank version. I fricken love my Nunchaku tanks. If you haven't tried the .2Ω mesh coils, I highly suggest trying some. They say [Best 50-60W], but I use them around 45-50. Flavor is outstanding with them. They seem to vape awesome longer than the (clapton) wire coils.

There's a Nunchaku 2 tank now that came with the new up/down button-less tilt mod. Rumor has it, the coils will fit in the older Nunchaku tanks. The new coils are supposed to be higher wattage though.

Was it you that I was talking to about the Smok TF-RTA?

That thing wants to leak, but so far it hasn't, beyond just a little bit. But it is a HOSS. Goes through juice like a house on fire, but the vapor! Damn!

This is the G2 deck with the coils that came pre-installed, ohms at 0.41, I'm running it at 50W. It absolutely vapes great, and I will be crazy if I don't go back to VapeNW and get at least one more.

About the Nunchaku, until I started buying these AIO units, I hadn't bought anything that uses stock coils in nearly a year. All the tanks I was using before were Atlantis-coil compatible, so I haven't had Nunchaku, Falcon, Fireluke Mesh, any of those really popular ones. Just can't make myself commit to paying so much money for coils.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

That’s what I use! They really are great, flavor wise. And they last quite a bit of time, as well. Good stuff!

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Nunchaku kit with RDA on sale for $14.99, less 20% with code VD20, plus $9.99 shipping = Nunchaku kit shipped for $21.98

What killed it for me was the shipping. Still a great deal, but not something I really need or even fills a hole in the collection. Almost did it, but I can't really justify it. Maybe if I didn't already have 2 Katanas on the way.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
What killed it for me was the shipping. Still a great deal, but not something I really need or even fills a hole in the collection. Almost did it, but I can't really justify it. Maybe if I didn't already have 2 Katanas on the way.

The shipping would be easier to live with if you were going to order multiple items. I'd have had to limit myself, and you're right, it just smarts paying that much for shipping, especially Stateside, when you know it costs them something like $4.00.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
They are both nice devices, my white Nuchaku was the RDA kit, I personally was not impressed with the RDA.

Had I known the Katana was as nice as it is I would have ordered more than one. :)

c5e3b0d2edf130b1af10eb47a27a0f5d.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

Last edited:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

Thanks, I’ve been getting the .4ohm coils since it came with them. I thought the .2’s might be too low and want higher power.

The Nunchakus and the Freemax Fire Luke Mesh (and FL2’s) are my favorite tanks now.

You shake the mod to adjust wattage? Strange. If I’ve got extra funds, I might try it, though. But I don’t like the looks of the new Nunchaku 2 tank. I like the metal inside the old ones.

But I’ve been going back and forth for months on buying the RDA one. I should just get one on sale already!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
They are both nice devices, my white Nuchaku was the RDA kit, I personally was not impressed with the RDA.

Had I known the Katanawas as nice as it is I would have preferred more than one. :)

c5e3b0d2edf130b1af10eb47a27a0f5d.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

I have a Katana and it seems like it stalls a bit on ramp up. I like the looks of it, but I haven’t been using it that much. Plus the Nunchaku mod is so much lighter and uses an 18650.

The non rebuildable Nunchaku tank is excellent, but I’m not sure if you use plug n play tanks anymore.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You shake the mod to adjust wattage? Strange. If I’ve got extra funds, I might try it, though. But I don’t like the looks of the new Nunchaku 2 tank. I like the metal inside the old ones.
I got an old Kangertech 20W mod that sort of looks like a lightsaber. It's called the K-Simar and I found it in a bargain bin for $5 a couple of years ago. People who had them called them "Gravity mods" I guess. I'm thinking Uwell has brought this idea back for their Nunchaku 2 mod.

When you want to change wattage, you tilt the mod one way or the other to go up or down. I'm thinking not many people know Kangertech already did this style of mod way back when.

K-Simar 20W (Circa 2014)-
51Z9EZ8Tk_2BL.jpeg

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I got an old Kangertech 20W mod that sort of looks like a lightsaber. It's called the K-Simar and I found it in a bargain bin for $5 a couple of years ago. People who had them called them "Gravity mods" I guess. I'm thinking Uwell has brought this idea back for their Nunchaku 2 mod.

When you want to change wattage, you tilt the mod one way or the other to go up or down. I'm thinking not many people know Kangertech already did this style of mod way back when.

K-Simar 20W (Circa 2014)-
51Z9EZ8Tk_2BL.jpeg

I think that is way cool-looking. Needs a bright-ass pink or yellow wrap over the battery! :)

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That one looks like the old joyetech evic supreme

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yall gotta check out this sale-
https://www.ejuicesteals.com/collections/hardware?sort_by=price-ascending

There's some good deals there. I just ordered Falcon Resin tanks for $3. Sense Screen coils for fifty cents a pack. Cleito .15 mesh coils 2 bucks a pack (they were $15-20). Too much to list, see for yourselves.

I've ordered from there a few times and never had a problem. There's some eliquids for cheap too but I don't buy that kind of stuff.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT

There's some good deals there. I just ordered Falcon Resin tanks for $3. Sense Screen coils for fifty cents a pack. Cleito .15 mesh coils 2 bucks a pack (they were $15-20). Too much to list, see for yourselves.

I've ordered from there a few times and never had a problem. There's some eliquids for cheap too but I don't buy that kind of stuff.

Will the Sense Screen coils will fit the Smok TFV8 Cloud Beast?
They are sold out of the Blazer 200 coils and those fit.
Looks like the Sense Blazer Pro coils will fit the TFV8 Cloud Beast.

Last edited:

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
i want to get some cheap coils for the sub-ohms i have. but with all different names and other brands that fit. hell, idk.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Will the Sense Screen coils will fit the Smok TFV8 Cloud Beast?
They are sold out of the Blazer 200 coils and those fit.
Looks like the Sense Blazer Pro coils will fit the TFV8 Cloud Beast.
I don't have a Screen tank yet but I'm getting one lol. I just bought 20 boxes of coils lol :D. I've heard good things and probably should've ordered more. There's another cheaper Sense tank that can use those coils. I don't know if they're tfv8 compatible but haven't heard anything.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

Thanks for the heads up!! 28 boxes of coils for under $30 :bliss:
upload_2020-1-21_11-0-52.png

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Unbelievable. 90 mils of salt juice, 2 Rams and 50 notch coils.
Capture.JPG

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I don't have a Screen tank yet but I'm getting one lol. I just bought 20 boxes of coils lol :D. I've heard good things and probably should've ordered more. There's another cheaper Sense tank that can use those coils. I don't know if they're tfv8 compatible but haven't heard anything.
I saw this saw I went ahead and purchased 15 boxes of Sense Blazer Pro coils
" the blazer pro compatible with blazer 200 coil heads and smoktech TFV8 coil heads". So these should work with my Smok TFV8 Cloud Beast!
15 packs of coils for less then the cost of 1 (3) pack of Smok TFV8 coils- awesome!
Thanks for the heads up on this great sale @Just Frank

upload_2020-1-21_11-50-56.png

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes! I got a 50 box of those notch coils too! Awesome..three bucks.
Those Wismec notch coils rock in the profile. I paid 3 bucks for 5 last time. I don't know about that juice, but 4 bucks for 30 mils? AND, I already have 2 Stentorian Rams,which I love, but there's no way I can pass up a couple more in a color I don't have for 4 dollars each.

@Jinx'd you oughta grab one of those while they still have em. 4 dollars? That mod was like 60 bucks when it was released. Single 18660 real resin mech squonker compatible with numerous bottles. Well it does have a wire instead of the usual plate contact, but it's fully unregulated unprotected. Todd tested it and said the wire didn't hurt the performance at all.

Last edited:

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Those Wismec notch coils rock in the profile. I paid 3 bucks for 5 last time. I don't know about that juice, but 4 bucks for 30 mils? AND, I already have 2 Stentorian Rams,which I love, but there's no way I can pass up a couple more in a color I don't have for 4 dollars each.

@Jinx'd you oughta grab one of those while they still have em. 4 dollars? That mod was like 60 bucks when it was released. Single 18660 real resin mech squonker compatible with numerous bottles. Well it does have a wire instead of the usual plate contact, but it's fully unregulated unprotected. Todd tested it and said the wire didn't hurt the performance at all.

all right bro, i got 2. looking for other stuff i shouldn't be buying. lets see yours, no hurry.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah. but the listing said "staable wood", i know what that means, but do they. doesn't matter i spose. but the interesting thing is actually seeing what i actually get, lol.

the resin is dull, i'l be able to polish the shit out of them.
It's resin. That's actually the color I originally wanted and was sold out everywhere. I have a green and a black one. A guy on ECF polished his up and it looked great.

I just put the OG Goon 22 on the black one with the brass squonk pin from FT. .15 Ni80 dual core fused claptons. A 20S. This mod was worth it at it's original price at the time. For 4 bucks? Shoot, a 510 assembly will cost you more than that.
20200121_132616_cr.jpg

Last edited:

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
It's resin. That's actually the color I originally wanted and was sold out everywhere. I have a green and a black one. A guy on ECF polished his up and it looked great.

I just put the OG Goon 22 on the black one with the brass squonk pin from FT. .15 Ni80 dual core fused claptons. A 20S. This mod was worth it at it's original price at the time. For 4 bucks? Shoot, a 510 assembly will cost you more than that.
View attachment 153824

that looks pretty good. polished = damn ! shinny resin REALLY makes it POP ! and yeah know what, it can be polished by hand. resin polishes pretty easy.
to test, use some toothpaste on nice rag, on the back of the door. if you like, have at it. some real polish = yeah.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
and i got 2 of these, $1 each. i think i should have got more. i do have a 1 time use for it. i am going to a concert and idk how they are with vapes. i will keep one in my pocket = they will see it when i get searched. then i will have one in my sock or jock, idk yet.
kind of excited for these.

well shit, it won't eembed :xD:

https://binged.it/2sQbBdC
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=TESLACIGS+TPOD&&view=detail&mid=BB641CD9ECE39C0879E4BB641CD9ECE39C0879E4&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=/videos/search?q=TESLACIGS+TPOD&FORM=VDVVXX

Last edited:

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ah, I had a green ram squonk. It was a decent little mod. Needs constant cleaning like with any other mech or unregulated. Without proper, scheduled cleaning, there is a little gold plated cap on the backside of the fire button that makes contact with the 510, that will start arcing and will be quickly destroyed. Mine arced bad from day one. Had to polish the hell out of the 510 and the little gold plated cap.
They work good. They will work like shit when even a little dirty.
At 4 bucks I don't think you can go wrong tho!
I don't squonk anymore and I'm tempted to buy a couple....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know if you have one or not, but there is NO way you can go wrong at that price. Somebody around here had one they had well used and said it held up real well over time too. I've used my green one quite a bit.
And if I recall correctly Todd said they had wires in them, which should make them easy to convert to Mosfets.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
yeah. but the listing said "staable wood", i know what that means, but do they. doesn't matter i spose. but the interesting thing is actually seeing what i actually get, lol.

the resin is dull, i'l be able to polish the shit out of them.

Their "stable wood" color looks very much like the black resin. There isn't quite as much color variation in it - more a swirled gray and black, or at least mine is.

I have three Ram squonkers and I love 'em. You might have to figure out a trick that works for you with the button, though. I have to actually press it with my thumb joint, otherwise it's very difficult.

ETA: If you don't like the plastic bottles that come with them, Gremlin bottles will fit.

The pic below looks pretty accurate to me:

box-vapor-ram-bf-stentorian.jpg

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
that looks pretty good. polished = damn ! shinny resin REALLY makes it POP ! and yeah know what, it can be polished by hand. resin polishes pretty easy.
to test, use some toothpaste on nice rag, on the back of the door. if you like, have at it. some real polish = yeah.

Might have to try this on my purple one. Would look fabulous all shined up. How often do you have to re-polish it to keep it shiny?

VU Sponsors