Become a Patron!

Lost Vape Therion 166 (DNA250)

dclopez6600

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is anyone into vapor shark DNA 250 in these forums?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

laserloui

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
VaporDNA had all the colors in stock yesterday. I ordered the orange. was deciding between that and the rainbow. they all look pretty good though. might be worth checking out what they have left
These must have been the regular battery doors with the silver/gray framing, right? According to Lost Vape, black framed battery doors for the black therion are not released yet, but should be available "soon".

laserloui

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
lostvape.png

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
These must have been the regular battery doors with the silver/gray framing, right? According to Lost Vape, black framed battery doors for the black therion are not released yet, but should be available "soon".
Idk looks black to me but could be dark grey

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Love this mod. I'm waiting for the release of the black frame battery covers so I can get a black leather one. Bought this from VaporDNA and they only have snake skins ones in their latest batch. OBS really needs to make a 24 or 25mm Cheetah. It's a 22mm.......but flavor is excellent from that RDA :D

Therion.jpg

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Love this mod. I'm waiting for the release of the black frame battery covers so I can get a black leather one. Bought this from VaporDNA and they only have snake skins ones in their latest batch. OBS really needs to make a 24 or 25mm Cheetah. It's a 22mm.......but flavor is excellent from that RDA :D

View attachment 75651
Congrats on your new mod, it looks good! I have a question though. I saw that VaporDNA had a few different Snakeskin Therions listed and they were all with Grey Carbon Fiber inlays except this one. It was listed with Grey, but also with Black Carbon Fiber inlays (two different choices). I've never seen a choice of CF inlay colors before. My question is: Which one is this, Black or Grey CF inlays?

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks. It is the black inlay. It is shades of black and very dark grey depending on the lighting and the direction that you look at it.
Thank you for the quick response, I appreciate it. Like I said, I've never seen the mod listed with a color choice for the CF inlays before. In the past it was just either CF or Wood as the choices. I asked because I'm wondering in my CF inlays are Black or Grey. Like you mentioned it depends on the angle and light source. Without a side by side comparison, it's hard to say.

IMG_20170224_145827_zpsv4znu7od.jpg
IMG_20170224_145744_zpsrgzz9d0f.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like that white snake skin, but they were sold out by the time I ordered. I could be wrong, but I think I read that the snake skin battery covers won't be sold separately or else I'd probably get one of those white ones also. Oh well......I'm happy enough with the one I have, but I do want a solid black cover.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok -- Question on the DNA250 / issue I keep running into.

Aromamizer Supreme connected with a dual SS316L Fused Clapton, comes in at .16Ω to begin with. I am running @Wingsfan0310 SS316L profile.
For a while, the TC is working great. Set at 450F hitting at 65W, with a 75W 1s pre-heat. When graphing it, I can see the 75W pre-heat hitting and then the watts jumps down to about 38-42W to keep the temp at 450F.

Here comes the problem...
I fill the tank back up, without disconnecting the atty from the MOD. Nothing has changed except to put more juice in it.
I hit the fire button at no more TC.

When I graph it, it hits the pre-heat (sometimes) and holds at the 65W and takes forever to reach the 450F (on the graph), yet I have stop taking a hit because it's to damn hot.

Thoughts ???

upload_2017-3-3_0-39-45.png

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It sounds like the resistance changed (went up). If you change cells while the atty is warm/hot, the mod will reread the resistance. If you check, see if it has changed. This could also occur if you unscrewed it a little accidentally. If that's not it, I'd check the coils.

PS If the mod sees a higher cold resistance than it actually is, it will cause the vape to be warmer. The mod should fix itself after it sits unused for around 30 minutes if that's what happened. The mod monitors the resistance and if it sees the actual cold resistance is lower, it will refine it down.

Cheers,
Steve

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It sounds like the resistance changed (went up). If you change cells while the atty is warm/hot, the mod will reread the resistance. If you check, see if it has changed. This could also occur if you unscrewed it a little accidentally. If that's not it, I'd check the coils.

PS If the mod sees a higher cold resistance than it actually is, it will cause the vape to be warmer. The mod should fix itself after it sits unused for around 30 minutes if that's what happened. The mod monitors the resistance and if it sees the actual cold resistance is lower, it will refine it down.

Cheers,
Steve
I moved the atty over to my G2 (after posting to test it) and it is reading the Ω the same as the DNA. .17Ω (on the screen) --- would a difference of .169Ω and .17Ω cause it to hit differently ?

I also ran the "Atomizer Analyzer" -- It's shifting between .170Ω > .172Ω without me touching the MOD/Atty.

upload_2017-3-3_1-0-26.png upload_2017-3-3_0-59-19.png

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So, here is how I get it to go back and start working again ....

I removed the atty (Aromamizer) and put my Ammit on the MOD with a .4Ω coil. Hit the fire button to get it to register the resistance (without vaping it).
I then remove the Ammit and put the Aromamizer back on the MOD. Hit the fire button to register the resistance. It comes in at .167Ω
TC is now working.

First thing I noticed, the heat ramps up much quicker than before and the wattage starts to drop like it was previously. And ... it's not cooking my mouth.

upload_2017-3-3_1-6-21.png

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't have the Ammit so I'm not sure what's going. It sounds like for whatever reason when you are filling it, it's losing contact with the mod. Does the deck screw into the base of the atty (maybe when you are refilling it; it's losing contact). I'm just thinking out loud here. You could always lock the resistance before filling. Evolv only recommends locking the resistance if you are getting unstable resistance. You could also try cleaning the 510 connection on the mod and atty with rubbing alcohol on a q-tip.

Cheers,
Steve

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't have the Ammit
Any different atty (or same) with a different resistance will do it.

it's losing contact with the mod
Thought the same thing. I checked to make sure that atty was still tight on the MOD and it is.

Does the deck screw into the base of the atty
Not on an Aromamizer Supreme -- the deck "inserts" into the base and has a locking ring under it holding it in place. So that coming loosing isn't an option.

upload_2017-3-3_1-44-23.png

You could also try cleaning the 510 connection on the mod and atty with rubbing alcohol on a q-tip
Thought of that also --- clean as a freshly wiped baby's ass (and sterilized) --- no :poop: here. :giggle:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It sounds like it's resetting the resistance to a higher resistance (from the cold resistance), why it's doing that I'm not sure. I mainly use the Supreme and I'm not having that issue. The only time I've ever had the resistance jump on me is when I change cells and the atty is hot. The mod doesn't remember the cold resistance during a battery change if the resistance isn't locked so I expect that.

I could guess why it's happening, but it's only a guess. Maybe the ground to the 510 or the board isn't soldered on as good as it should be. It just seems like if it's only happening during refilling, it has something to do with that (refilling), but I can't figure out why that would cause that. Like I said, without looking at it, I'm only guessing. I can say I'm not having that problem. Wish I was more helpful.

Edit I'm sure you already checked this but I'm going to mention it anyway. Is the 510 pin on the mod moving up and down freely?

Last edited:

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It sounds like it's resetting the resistance to a higher resistance (from the cold resistance), why it's doing that I'm not sure. I mainly use the Supreme and I'm not having that issue. The only time I've ever had the resistance jump on me is when I change cells and the atty is hot. The mod doesn't remember the cold resistance during a battery change if the resistance isn't locked so I expect that.

I could guess why it's happening, but it's only a guess. Maybe the ground to the 510 or the board isn't soldered on as good as it should be. It just seems like if it's only happening during refilling, it has something to do with that (refilling), but I can't figure out why that would cause that. Like I said, without looking at it, I'm only guessing. I can say I'm not having that problem. Wish I was more helpful.
;) To me it's not a big deal, as I seldom vape in TC mode. Never really cared much for it. I just wanted to play with some Fused Claptons that I built last night. My Hohm Wrecker G2 was hitting the coils fucking brilliantly --- so I figured I would see how this DNA250 hit it.... and then this. Oh well ... back to VW mode it is. :giggle:

Thank you for the assistance with "nit picking" this issue. :D

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
;) To me it's not a big deal, as I seldom vape in TC mode. Never really cared much for it. I just wanted to play with some Fused Claptons that I built last night. My Hohm Wrecker G2 was hitting the coils fucking brilliantly --- so I figured I would see how this DNA250 hit it.... and then this. Oh well ... back to VW mode it is. :giggle:

Thank you for the assistance with "nit picking" this issue. :D
Personally I've noticed that the dna mods aren't as accurate when you use fancy coils. Most people who do TC just use basic wire.

I'd suggest trying with just regular coils and seeing if it works better with that cause if it doesn't then you might need to warranty it.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Personally I've noticed that the dna mods aren't as accurate when you use fancy coils. Most people who do TC just use basic wire.

I'd suggest trying with just regular coils and seeing if it works better with that cause if it doesn't then you might need to warranty it.

Good point -- I'd read that somewhere else also... don't recall what thread it was about SS and the DNA boards with "fancy" coils. Guess I didn't think the fused clapton was that fancy. :teehee:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Good point -- I'd read that somewhere else also... don't recall what thread it was about SS and the DNA boards with "fancy" coils. Guess I didn't think the fused clapton was that fancy. :teehee:
Pretty much anything that isn't regular wire is considered fancy I guess. Even regular old claptons lol.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I mainly use SS430 from Unkamen but I also use Lightning Vapes SS316L regular Clapton wire (28, 36) and I 'm not having any issues in TC with any of my DNA mods. I've never tried anything fancier than that.

I have same issue with Tayfun GT3 clone. Resistance goes up when refilling. But only if there is also some flooding. Resistance also goes up if I live JFC open and I carry the mod in my pocket and tanks floods.

So, I think it has to be connected with flooding.

Sent from my LeTv 1 Pro using Tapatalk

aholloway1982

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
8acb40c14df03b04d0ca73174b4df2bf.jpg

So I don't know how, but this just got ordered in red SQUEEEEEE!!! Got it for $127 and change with a coupon too. Now to find it an equally sexy tank. I don't want to build, and I don't want any Smok tanks due to the problems all the Beasts are having with leaky coils....hmmmm...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine shows it's made it to my state and will be here tomorrow, so excited!

Nice. Post pictures when you get a chance, if you can. I think you are really going to like it. If not, I have lots of mods I'd be willing to trade you :teehee: :giggle: :D. But seriously, I think you're really going to like it.

As you probably already know, I posted my Ecig file that includes 7 different profiles for TC (7 different wires), 1 for Power Mode, case thermals, mod Resistance, custom theme and screens. It's in this post here, but I had to change the file extension. If that's an issue, PM me your E-Mail address and I'll E-Mail to you without having to change the file extension. Of course this only applicable if you want the file. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Link to my Therion 166, Triade250, VT133, Lavabox M DNA 75, and VF133 ECIG Files

Cheers,
Steve

aholloway1982

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Damn sexy. Been my daily driver for days. iJoy Exo RTA on top of Snakeskin. I haven't used any other tank since I got the Exo. Amazing tank with an amazing Mod. Always get compliments out and about.
47e3fcb07e9ff3ddf86c2f3605186f93.jpg

DAMN that is sexy! I can't wait for mine to get here tomorrow! I fractured my pelvis yesterday, so maybe since I'm going to have a lot of downtime the next several weeks and can't ride my horses or hit the gym, I'll look at getting into building my own coils. Rtas and rtdas just look sooooo much sexier on a already sexy mod than tanks lol

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
DAMN that is sexy! I can't wait for mine to get here tomorrow! I fractured my pelvis yesterday, so maybe since I'm going to have a lot of downtime the next several weeks and can't ride my horses or hit the gym, I'll look at getting into building my own coils. Rtas and rtdas just look sooooo much sexier on a already sexy mod than tanks lol

I hope you are doing OK. Get better soon! I only use RTA's (RDTA's). Once you get the hang of it, you will never go back to buying store bought coils. I mainly use Unkamen SS430. You can get a 200 foot roll for $10. That makes a heck of a lot of coils. I use Japenese Organic Cotton (Puffs and or Koh Gen Do - if you need links let me know). Once you get a pack of either one of those and some wire, you will be set for quite awhile. :cheers:
http://www.creatingunkamen.com/coll...e-nickel-free-introductory-sale-100-guarantee

Cheers,
Steve

aholloway1982

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I hope you are doing OK. Get better soon! I only use RTA's (RDTA's). Once you get the hang of it, you will never go back to buying store bought coils. I mainly use Unkamen SS430. You can get a 200 foot roll for $10. That makes a heck of a lot of coils. I use Japenese Organic Cotton (Puffs and or Koh Gen Do - if you need links let me know). Once you get a pack of either one of those and some wire, you will be set for quite awhile. :cheers:
http://www.creatingunkamen.com/coll...e-nickel-free-introductory-sale-100-guarantee

Cheers,
Steve

Ooooohhhhh, that's great wire for jewelry making too! I see many "have to sit still" projects in my near future, and that's a really great price, thanks so much for the link! I have a coil master kit, just never really got into it, didn't have time lol. Now I've got plenty of it thanks to my horse deciding to act silly all of a sudden while running at top speed. I'm really sore and bruised up, but it doesn't hurt too terribly bad except for when I go to stand up, walk up or down my steps getting outside, or go to sit down. I saw urgent care today, they weren't able to tell me a whole lot except x rays show there is a hairline fracture that most likely won't require surgery, and will be referring me to an orthopedist tomorrow for follow-up care.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ooooohhhhh, that's great wire for jewelry making too! I see many "have to sit still" projects in my near future, and that's a really great price, thanks so much for the link! I have a coil master kit, just never really got into it, didn't have time lol. Now I've got plenty of it thanks to my horse deciding to act silly all of a sudden while running at top speed. I'm really sore and bruised up, but it doesn't hurt too terribly bad except for when I go to stand up, walk up or down my steps getting outside, or go to sit down. I saw urgent care today, they weren't able to tell me a whole lot except x rays show there is a hairline fracture that most likely won't require surgery, and will be referring me to an orthopedist tomorrow for follow-up care.

Ouch. It only hurts when you walk, stand up, or sir down. That pretty much covers everything ;). I'm just messing around trying to make you smile for a second until you do one of those other 3 things :eek:.

Cheers,
Steve

aholloway1982

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ouch. It only hurts when you walk, stand up, or sir down. That pretty much covers everything ;). I'm just messing around trying to make you smile for a second until you do one of those other 3 things :eek:.

Cheers,
Steve

I appreciate it too lol

aholloway1982

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I haven't even messed with escribe yet (although I probably will tonight after everyone goes to bed) and it's already hands down a better vape than anything else I own (eleaf Pico, Innokin coolfire tc, Smoant Battlestar, Kanger mini c, and joyetech aio).

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great thread. Ordered mine today. Thanks to everyone for the killer pics and reviews.
Nice. I really think you are going to like the mod. It's my favorite and most used mod now. If you have any questions feel free to ask. There are a lot of helpful people here. :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

Christos_Tz

Member For 2 Years
Finally arrived after one month of waiting..in my Place in Greece from Gearbest and one thing i can say for Sure!!!Woaaaaaaaaa..this thing is Perfect!So solid device..just worth every Dollar or Euro....!Wingsfan0310(Steve...)...Iam allready in LOVE with it....it vapes Perfect!First time in my 6 years of vaping that owns a DNA Board....this thing Raves with my Serpent mini and my Griffin RTA....Clouds..Clouds..Clouds....!
Here some photos by me....
I Like the Black backdoor panel too...becauce it will not shows the oil and dirt from the hands...but i like Purple Ostrich door panel too....for sure i will buy one more backdoor panel from fasttech when they will be available in next day shipping from there...anybody who wants to sell his Purple Ostrich backdoor??haha....For sure i will buy another color af these beautifull back door panels..for sure!

Attachments

• IMG_20170307_104011.jpg
    IMG_20170307_104011.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20170307_110554.jpg
    IMG_20170307_110554.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20170307_135517.jpg
    IMG_20170307_135517.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20170307_144814.jpg
    IMG_20170307_144814.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 38

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally arrived after one month of waiting..in my Place in Greece from Gearbest and one thing i can say for Sure!!!Woaaaaaaaaa..this thing is Perfect!So solid device..just worth every Dollar or Euro....!Wingsfan0310(Steve...)...Iam allready in LOVE with it....it vapes Perfect!First time in my 6 years of vaping that owns a DNA Board....this thing Raves with my Serpent mini and my Griffin RTA....Clouds..Clouds..Clouds....!
Here some photos by me....
I Like the Black backdoor panel too...becauce it will not shows the oil and dirt from the hands...but i like Purple Ostrich door panel too....for sure i will buy one more backdoor panel from fasttech when they will be available in next day shipping from there...anybody who wants to sell his Purple Ostrich backdoor??haha....For sure i will buy another color af these beautifull back door panels..for sure!
Just sharing one more time my Today's vaping happiness.....!
Iam swiming in An Ocean of Vaping Pleasure!!
Cheers From Greece !!
I'm happy to hear it finally arrived. I'm also happy that you like the mod. It's really is a great mod imo.

Cheers,
Steve

VU Sponsors