Become a Patron!

Kylin Mini RTA Leaking when filling

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yeah NFW am I doing that daily. It took me 25 minutes but still, no.

8a118d340b92ad4c625a380cd217cfbb.jpg

And what’s the proper way of cleaning SS alien coils ? I dry burned it , dunked it in water. Lightly brushed it clean, bam. Back to flavor. But I think the cotton was definitely un-combed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah NFW am I doing that daily. It took me 25 minutes but still, no.

8a118d340b92ad4c625a380cd217cfbb.jpg

And what’s the proper way of cleaning SS alien coils ? I dry burned it , dunked it in water. Lightly brushed it clean, bam. Back to flavor. But I think the cotton was definitely un-combed.

That’s the proper way, when dry burning quick pulses don’t let it get glowing orange.

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rewicked it yesterday with Kendo Gold, leaked a little.

dc0b0196c1c7ecceaa97653cee3743b9.jpg

I used the pancake method and plugged the deck up.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Wow x2 !
If using it exclusively, w/ CB2 or Pime I'm getting 3-4 days with out of a clean & wick. My juice is also sweet.
I'm usually 35-45w on that one and rarely over using .22 N80 framed staple alien. Might seem low wattage to some, but I get massive flavor (as well as cloud).
Your SS has lower resistance/needs higher wattage, which contributes to the frequent clean & wick plus, the atty is a juice guzzler, at least for me it is and that's not a complaint !:D

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow x2 !
If using it exclusively, w/ CB2 or Pime I'm getting 3-4 days with out of a clean & wick. My juice is also sweet.
I'm usually 35-45w on that one and rarely over using .22 N80 framed staple alien. Might seem low wattage to some, but I get massive flavor (as well as cloud).
Your SS has lower resistance/needs higher wattage, which contributes to the frequent clean & wick plus, the atty is a juice guzzler, at least for me it is and that's not a complaint !:D

That it is.

I don’t expect the coil to remain clean running at 60 - 70w , oh well. I’m not taking to work anymore, the Kylin is enough for me.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I thought the Kylin mini was good on juice. The Pyro 24 is the one that sucks up juice
I can go through 15+ml in 1 day w/mini - 4 fills. I haven't vaped Pyro for 1 solid day or kept up with fills.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Why? Is there a reason you use the Kylin Mini more? I was thinking of getting the Pyro for my next purchase.
Just so happens that I rebuilt Pyro just now. Single coil. In it's defense, I don't have the right coils or wire for it. So yeah, at least right now the build in the mini is kickin its butt.

Last edited:

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Mini leaks for me 99% of each refill. I've tried everything. I'm going to stuff the shit out of the deck next time. JFC.

I like it but the Kylin is an absolute flavor monster and the condensation that builds on the mod is tolerable.

And the Pyro24 is an RDTA right? I don't understand why you'd want that when RTA's do the same thing? Or am I being ignorant here? Juice is underneath the deck, wicking the cotton for you... which the RTA does through the juice flow control.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
You could try another wicking method for mini.

What it's supposed to mean - RDTA = coil is closer to mouth = more flavor

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just installed the advanced Vape supply quad core fused claptons in my Kylin, couldn’t be happier. Since work was slow I had time to tackle the Mini.

Rewicked it again, with pure hatred fueling me. Filled it up, no leak. Major spitting but I can deal with that.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just installed the advanced Vape supply quad core fused claptons in my Kylin, couldn’t be happier. Since work was slow I had time to tackle the Mini.

Rewicked it again, with pure hatred fueling me. Filled it up, no leak. Major spitting but I can deal with that.

Yay!!! I think :p for next time try spacing the coil a little, that should help with the spitting. :)

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Major spitting but I can deal with that
I would think a lot of spitting would contribute to juice going down into honeycomb air holes and into air flow area of deck, possibly seeping out if there's always a lot of spitting.

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
True. Only happens on the first couple of hits.

Such throat burns. Much pain.

Better than leaking ROFL

There’s gaps in your wicking there

as per my guide I pancake and fill the area... I haven’t bothered burping it just close afc

View attachment 106769

Moved post to relevant area
This is the only method that’s got my Kylin mini wicking properly, so close to being binned. Thank you KingPin! It works so well.
But cleaning the coil requires rewicking, right ? Again , I’m new to RTAs.

bro truth is practice makes perfect, so don’t be afraid to dry burn your coils clean & re-wick your RTA you’ll be a wicking ninja in no time & don’t forget YouTube has days worth of videos about wicking, GL

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
This is the only method that’s got my Kylin mini wicking properly, so close to being binned. Thank you KingPin! It works so well.

bro truth is practice makes perfect, so don’t be afraid to dry burn your coils clean & re-wick your RTA you’ll be a wicking ninja in no time & don’t forget YouTube has days worth of videos about wicking, GL

Glad it worked for you mate :cheers:

VU Sponsors