Become a Patron!

iStick 50w

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For those of you that also have the iStick 20w:

Has anyone noticed the 50w using considerably more e-juice than the 20w does at the same Voltage setting?
(I'm using a Nautilus Mini with 1.8ohm coils btw)

VapeLikeALady

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm using a delta2 at around 30W (4.3v) 0.6 ohm and I am going through a LOT MORE juice. I thought it was the tiny tank but I fill it 4-5 times a day
40d88b85f0f04f4fcc5ed2d7a46637ae.jpg

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm using a delta2 at around 30W (4.3v) 0.6 ohm and I am going through a LOT MORE juice. I thought it was the tiny tank but I fill it 4-5 times a day
40d88b85f0f04f4fcc5ed2d7a46637ae.jpg

The sub-tanks will go through more juice because they were designed to give a thicker vapor. With the Delta II, try closing the atomizer head juice control by 25%. That might help.

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yep, same voltage setting, but low ohm coil:D

Haha, yeah... mostly using my 50W with stuff the 20W wouldn't even fire! :D

But seriously...

For those of you that also have the iStick 20w:

Has anyone noticed the 50w using considerably more e-juice than the 20w does at the same Voltage setting?
(I'm using a Nautilus Mini with 1.8ohm coils btw)

Same tank, same coil? Doesn't make a lot of sense... when I swap a tank from the 20W to the 50W, I end up with it set at a higher voltage to get the same vapour... quite a bit higher, thanks to the better regulation on the 50W.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

But seriously...

Same tank, same coil? Doesn't make a lot of sense... when I swap a tank from the 20W to the 50W, I end up with it set at a higher voltage to get the same vapour... quite a bit higher, thanks to the better regulation on the 50W.

Or the fact that the 20watt iStick fires hot consistently (by 10-15%)...

VapeLikeALady

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What was that Delta on before?

Bought it the same night I got the iStick. I like it because of the juice flow valve and the airflow. I don't mind going through more juice, just wish it held more. I love that I can use the higher VG juices in it.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Bought it the same night I got the iStick. I like it because of the juice flow valve and the airflow. I don't mind going through more juice, just wish it held more. I love that I can use the higher VG juices in it.
LOL-Welcome to the sub tank culture. You can always get a Kanger Sub-tank mini with 5ml capacity.:D

VapeLikeALady

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Meh I don't love the one my bf has. Maybe I'll just buy a few lol

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

But seriously...

Yeah..I've noticed that as well.
From what I was told (based on my user settings @ 3.8v)
is that the 20w set @ 3.8v is actually firing at 4.2v.
I found this to be pretty accurate.
When I set the 50w between 4.2v-4.5v I get about the same hit and vapor production as I do with my 20w set at 3.8v.

With that said...
the juice consumption (imo) should be pretty even between the two batteries, as long as the rest of the set up is the same.
But what I'm finding is that the 50w is sucking up at least half again as much juice if not double the juice at those settings. (20w @ 3.8v vs 50w @ 4.2v)
Something doesn't seem right about that to me, and makes me wonder if I have a faulty battery.
That's why I was asking if anyone else has noticed this.

I understand using the 50w in the same manner as the 20w (same coils and tanks) doesn't make much sense to alot of people, but my main reasoning for the purchase (right now) was for extra battery life.
Having a decent powered sub-ohm mod to expand upon in the near future was **the bonus**;)**

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How quickly or slowly a e-juice is used up is almost entirely up to the atomizer being used and how it is setup, ie the wick, wire and air flow etc. The PV being used will have little to do with it other than providing the amount of power being used.... so if the settings, the resistance of the coil, the voltage applied ( so therefore the wattage being used ) is the same on one PV vs another... the same atomizer will perform the same on both PV's.

Said another way... for a given setting... a Protank v1 will use much less e-juice than a Subtank... The trouble with saying that, is the Protank is best vaped typically at much lower power settings than the Subtank so it's not really a fair comparison but it would explain more juice being used on the Subtank.

So how much juice is used will be determined by the amount of wicking that happens, the amount of power and the amount of air flow. It isn't so much about which PV they are on... as the capability of the atomizer to provide the juice to the coil and evaporate it. Getting a lot of juice through a Protank results in overwicking and the coil can't keep up resulting in flooding... the Subtank has a larger wick but also a coil that can evaporate the juice quicker... but to do it, it needs more air flow to keep the coils cool... and also more power in order to provide that evaporation.

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Understood.
Yet I can transfer the same tank from the 20w to the 50w and watch the juice get sucked down like crazy in comparison.
The only variable there is how hard I'm pulling on either device.
Being mindful of that, I can't see that I'm pulling so much harder on the 50w to double the juice consumption.

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Understood.
Yet I can transfer the same tank from the 20w to the 50w and watch the juice get sucked down like crazy in comparison.
The only variable there is how hard I'm pulling on either device.
Being mindful of that, I can't see that I'm pulling so much harder on the 50w to double the juice consumption.

There is something you are overlooking then... If I were to guess, probably the actual power/voltage you are being shown isn't the actual values... This is more complicated by going from a device using PWM with Averaging instead of RMS since the equipment needed to measure those values is much less common ( ie you need an accurate digital oscilloscope to measure the real outputs ) ... a simple multimeter won't cut it here.

Everything that determines how much juice is used, is controlled by science, math and physics... the only subjective portions here are things such as flavor etc ( ie our own perceptions )

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The vendor I purchased it from says he's going to put both units on the oscilloscope tomorrow night to see if he can figure out what is going on. (because he is curious now as well)
I appreciate him doing that, but at the same time....
he's placing HIS units on the oscilloscope, not mine.
So if there's something fowl with mine and not his, it isn't gonna help ME any.
And the whole point was to see if I have a faulty unit.

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only thing to do at that point would be to pay shipping out there,
have him test mine against his (hoping he's being honest about everything) and go from there.
All the while, I wouldn't REALLY know what's going on there or not, ya know?
I'm wondering if it would be a waste of money.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The only thing to do at that point would be to pay shipping out there,
have him test mine against his (hoping he's being honest about everything) and go from there.
All the while, I wouldn't REALLY know what's going on there or not, ya know?
I'm wondering if it would be a waste of money.
i could be wrong but if all you need is to check your output against what is being shown, wouldnt just an inline meter work for this?

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i could be wrong but if all you need is to check your output against what is being shown, wouldnt just an inline meter work for this?

Inline meters are measuring in analog... they can not accurately measure a PWM output that the 20w has if they can even display the output, most can not. The 50w also has PWM but only on settings below the voltage of the battery itself, setting above that value are DC values ( which can be measured on analog devices )

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Inline meters are measuring in analog... they can not accurately measure a PWM output that the 20w has if they can even display the output, most can not. The 50w also has PWM but only on settings below the voltage of the battery itself, setting above that value are DC values ( which can be measured on analog devices )
ah of course, i knew that.. somewhere back in my mind lol

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah..I've noticed that as well.
From what I was told (based on my user settings @ 3.8v)
is that the 20w set @ 3.8v is actually firing at 4.2v.
I found this to be pretty accurate.
When I set the 50w between 4.2v-4.5v I get about the same hit and vapor production as I do with my 20w set at 3.8v.

With that said...
the juice consumption (imo) should be pretty even between the two batteries, as long as the rest of the set up is the same.
But what I'm finding is that the 50w is sucking up at least half again as much juice if not double the juice at those settings. (20w @ 3.8v vs 50w @ 4.2v)
Something doesn't seem right about that to me, and makes me wonder if I have a faulty battery.
That's why I was asking if anyone else has noticed this.

I understand using the 50w in the same manner as the 20w (same coils and tanks) doesn't make much sense to alot of people, but my main reasoning for the purchase (right now) was for extra battery life.
Having a decent powered sub-ohm mod to expand upon in the near future was **the bonus**;)**

Makes sense to me... it's a good size in the hand as well :D

Regardless of the numbers, what I can't figure is how it uses much more juice, even though you set it to get about the same vapour!

greendodo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I agree, I love this thing, Im a little sad though because I now have some visible scratches now :(

VapeLikeALady

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I ️ mine!! Don't want scratches though! Guess it's time to get a wrap

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got mine yesterday also. Was a little aprehensive due to the builtin batterys but am glad I made the purchase. The best feature IMO is the size/shape. Very comfortable in the hand and performs well. I'm not one to worry to much about a few scratches so its good for me the way it is. As far as the battery goes. 4400 mah is just that. I typically use about 2300 to 2800 mah per day so this is fine for me. The only thing I wish this mod had is real time battey voltage on the screen. Like on my SX 350 mod. I generally charge at about 50% as the battery sag gets worse as it gets lower. However no other mod I own fits in my shirt pocket as well as this one except my 20 watt istick. From beginner to seasoned vaper this one has alot to offer at an extremely reasonable price. Think I just talked myself into getting a spare. LOL

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Note,

For your convenience, I just merged two threads on the same subject.

View attachment 11501

Features:
4400mAh
VW – 5W to 50W in real sense
VV – 2V ~ 10V
Lowest Resistance: 0.2 ohm
Spring Connection
83mm x 23mm x 45mm
ETA: Jan 25th

found this on eciggity facebook. 4400mah seems like dual 18650, looking like a winner.
i have recently purchased this exact eleaf from that website, i have nothing but good things to say i run a rda on it right now and it is fantastic

CosmicVapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is it me or the time counter isn't accurate? I would take an inhale that was at least a 3 second pull and it would only say .3 seconds..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Got mine the other day and I am loving it! Most of my builds are around .5-.6 ohms (Subtank, Vulcan RDA and Freakshow mini RDA), running at 30-35 watts and I vape pretty heavily all day. I've charged it once since I got it and even then it was only at a little over half battery. I was kind of hesitant on it at first with the non-replaceable batteries but I'm finding that is not an issue whatsoever for me. I don't even have to worry about carrying a backup with me now because I know this battery will always last me all day and worst case scenario I grab a charging cord and vape while it's charging.

Definitely my go to mod.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got mine today as well.

Initial impression of the fire button is that it's kinda "rough". At least in comparison to my Sigelei 100w+, which i find buttery smooth. First minute or so i was questioning whether there was a delay on the istick...until i made the conscious effort to make sure i was pressing the button firmly enough from the get go.

Not a big issue for me or anything, but still worth noting imo.

Authentic Mods

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
want! want! want!

Love it!!!

I got mine today as well.

Initial impression of the fire button is that it's kinda "rough". At least in comparison to my Sigelei 100w+, which i find buttery smooth. First minute or so i was questioning whether there was a delay on the istick...until i made the conscious effort to make sure i was pressing the button firmly enough from the get go.

Not a big issue for me or anything, but still worth noting imo.

Smart!

iStick 50W Full kits only $52.15 until Mar 31st

Full kits include:

1 x iStick 50W battery
1 x eGo Threading Connector
1 x AC-USB adapter
1 x USB cable
1 x User Manual
( With coupon code "istick")

nice!!!

the 50 w istick will go for $50 if anyone is wondering ;) https://originvape.com/product/eleaf-istick-50w/

!!!

Saving cash now...
So cool!!!

On my wish list!

Check out ours!

They're taking pre-orders at Kingly Vapes now: http://www.cigbuyer.com/eleaf-istick-50w-mod-deal/

$49.98 + free shipping

And we doing a giveaway, check it out

The iStick 20W is fine on my Kayfun lite, but with a Billow tank I need more than 20 watts output to hit the sweet spot. The 30W iStick should be good for the latest cloud chasing, sub-ohm tanks.

With the Sigelei 100W your always gonna hit your sweet spot on any tank or dripper. Downside to that is it's size and weight, be interesting to see how the iStick 50W performs because it's tiny by comparison.

Awesome!

Seriously considering the 30 or 50 and upgrading the mother unit.
The mah is the main thing she just has not gotten the trick of recharging the mvps when needed.

Nice!

It looks like they have done something about AVG vs RMS in the 50 watt, not sure about the 30 watt though. Of course we won't know for sure until the units start arriving into capable hands.
As far as recharge cycles and batteries wear out, I'm sure it will last me until the next thing I must have comes along.

Nice!

Yes, well... :)

Never mind that PB bumped it up his testing list because people were already complaining of it running hot and burning their juice.

Never mind that knowing the technical details meant some didn't buy an istick who would have otherwise. They can flame it if they want.

Never mind that the error is usually much more than just 9.5 vs 11 W.

It's impossible to say how many people gave up on their isticks (or didn't buy) because of it, but you can be sure that it's "some". Just as it's "some" that are fine with "just turning it down a bit". The point is, we simply don't know much about those statistics.

I'm still using the two I bought. But I'm also still a complainer (mine are forced to sit at the lowest setting normally). I would have bought a couple more if they didn't have the flaw.

Will I buy a 30W or 50W? I don't know. Maybe the 30W. I note that these later models go down to 2.0V output, so even with incorrect non-RMS calcs could be capable of lower powers than the 20W model.

This is an excellent summary of the iStick and new Eleaf Melo tank. I wanted to share it with everyone.
You can get it here now for a good price www.evape.us The i Stick works with the Subtank too.
Melo should be available soon here www.sweet-vapes.com

iStick 50 Watt is now available on Longhorn Vapor for $74.99.

Let me know if anyone need 10% discount code for this product.

Last edited by a moderator:

TygerTyger

Official Lurker
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Dear @Authentic Mods and @iStick ..... there's a fine line between sharing info and spamming..... #justsayin..... consider this your warning....
Deals need to be shared in the correct subforum, or it definitely qualifies as spam.
Please post your deals in the Deals & Steals section.... in the most appropriate subforum

And as an aside, $42 beats $52 in my books...... mine's on the way as we speak.... see the thread in the appropriate section:
Best Deal on ELeaf iStick 50W so far! $41.90, FREE SHIPPING!

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Dear @Authentic Mods and @iStick ..... there's a fine line between sharing info and spamming..... #justsayin..... consider this your warning....
Deals need to be shared in the correct subforum, or it definitely qualifies as spam.
Please post your deals in the Deals & Steals section.... in the most appropriate subforum

And as an aside, $42 beats $52 in my books...... mine's on the way as we speak.... see the thread in the appropriate section:
Best Deal on ELeaf iStick 50W so far! $41.90, FREE SHIPPING!
Just spamming :)

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
At first I was thinking maybe my iStick 50w was defective but realized that I am using a sub ohm tank with coil's at 0.5ohms...lol! I am still getting use to sub ohming and how it dramatically impacts the batteries longevity (nooberino).

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ️ mine!! Don't want scratches though! Guess it's time to get a wrap

The Black Wood Grain Wraps on eBay are cheap and surprisingly good quality...so far.
They seem textured in a way, rather than just a print on vinyl.
I got one for each of mine.
Had them on for about a week now.
I guess time will tell.;)

MY APV's.jpg

Last edited:

Dragger

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
All posts merged by Authentic mods into 2 posts.
While checking out, I noticed that the shopping cart on this site (istick.org) is not secure. Additionally, my Kaspersky AV threw up a warning for a phishing site.

Checking network records, the site belongs to James Chen of Apple Valley, CA. Maybe I'm dense, but the pages looked exactly like the Eleaf site even though it turns out to be apparently privately owned.

Then consider the sudden spamming blast from an account that joined a week ago. I'm not familiar with the Authentic Mods company, their shipping speed, or reputation.

To me, that's a bad combination and I would use caution until more information exists.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
While checking out, I noticed that the shopping cart on this site (istick.org) is not secure. Additionally, my Kaspersky AV threw up a warning for a phishing site.

Checking network records, the site belongs to James Chen of Apple Valley, CA. Maybe I'm dense, but the pages looked exactly like the Eleaf site even though it turns out to be apparently privately owned.

Then consider the sudden spamming blast from an account that joined a week ago. I'm not familiar with the Authentic Mods company, their shipping speed, or reputation.

To me, that's a bad combination and I would use caution until more information exists.
that and spamming isnt the best sales tactic :D

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I reported both and placed them into my iggy buffer.

Back on topic here...

The battery longevity is great even though it won't last a full 48 hours with the vaping habit I have but that is great cause the iStick 20w wouldn't have lasted this long plus I had to recharge the 20w 2 times a day.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great!
I was hoping they'd release some kind of case for it.
I have both the silicone and leather cases for my 20w.
I definitely prefer the leather one, but hate that useless lanyard ring.
It just gets in the way.:mad:

VU Sponsors