Become a Patron!

IPV5 200W TC Mod = Tiger Coil (Kanthal) 0.3Ω ±0.05 (60-80W)

So my friend has had this vape for some time now.
I am extremely frustrated at his irresponsibility in knowing absolutely nothing about this rig, or vaping in general.

For the longest time it has been used and we both do not understand anything about settings.
I have tried before to do the research, but it is all massively overwhelming and I need help.
What we want is a setting that produces nice vapor flavor using the specified products we have available.

IPV5 200W TC Mod
Tiger Coil (Kanthal) 0.3Ω ±0.05 (60-80W)
24mg Juices

The potency isn't an issue. Unless you/community knows better.
He likes the 24mg juice. But I assume this is likely because the rig just isn't set up properly.

I would LOVE help and advice of any kind to give us a general setting for these conditions.
If you could explain (lightly) the settings and how to apply them.
We could probably figure it out from there.
Just a decent vapor with great flavor.

Thanks a lot!!! This is my first time reaching out to the community. Thank you.

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey there,

The ipv5 is a great mod! As far as the coil, is it one of the arctic v8 tiger coils?

I had that tank/coil setup and found the best flavor and vape right around 65watts, anything higher than that I was getting dry/burnt hits.

24mg is quite high for subohm vaping, however if that's your jam by all means go with it. Most subohm vapers stick at 12 or below, most commonly 6 or 3mg as you're vaporizing a lot more liquid thus getting much more nicotine per draw.

As far as temp control the ipv5 isn't capable of doing so with kanthal. It does support tc for NI, TI, SS wires. If you're using the v8 you can get the v1/2 SS coils or NI200, I recommend SS, NI is meh...

If you are wanting to temp control kanthal you would have to get a hohmwrecker G2 or slice, both are amazing mods with the nearly unbeatable FSK chip.

VU Sponsors