Become a Patron!

Im so confused..... help

KingClouds

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey everyone! So i recently purchased the Smok H Priv and put on the Indulgence Mutation X V4S RDA. I am new to building coils and wanted something that will tell me what my coils need to be vaped at (wattage). So does the H Priv really help you? and what is resistance lock? From what ive heard; all you have to do is, when you put a new coil in, the vape will ask if its a new coil and if you click yes its does something i guess?

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey everyone! So i recently purchased the Smok H Priv and put on the Indulgence Mutation X V4S RDA. I am new to building coils and wanted something that will tell me what my coils need to be vaped at (wattage). So does the H Priv really help you? and what is resistance lock? From what ive heard; all you have to do is, when you put a new coil in, the vape will ask if its a new coil and if you click yes its does something i guess?
Check this out

http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp

VAPE ON

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That site is awesome.... wow thanks. But like im sort of a beginner ish so it is a bit confusing. So are you saying i will be fine with using an RDA on my smok h priv?
Yes off course....
That's a very good website for new builders...

VAPE ON

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That site is awesome.... wow thanks. But like im sort of a beginner ish so it is a bit confusing. So are you saying i will be fine with using an RDA on my smok h priv?
Yes.
There is no defined set point. A coil will work best in a certain range, but you fine tune it to your liking. You need to set the wattage to the ohm you are using.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some pre made coils have wattage recommended range, but nobody is going to tell you what wattage to use in an RDA, it depends on many variables but first and foremost on your personal preference.

The resistance lock refers to TC which is a whole different story.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A lot of regulated box mods with RDA'S will set the resistance and wattage for a new coil right?
Devices will not read your coil, and then set themselves to a specific range. You need to change the settings yourself.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
And of course questions here.
The best coil makers on the planet kind of dwell here.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most of the TC capable regulated box mods have that capability...

VAPE ON
Well some mods remember the wattage used for the last few resistances installed, but setting the initial wattage is entirely up to the user.

VU Sponsors