Become a Patron!

gracechen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Perhaps it doesn't matter to you. But to me, this fucker's history disqualifies him as a person who has the right to flap his trap about anything.

If you had been burglarized, you'd feel the same way.

Rip Trippers is annoying, but he's not nauseating.

:rolleyes: Rip Trippers got one at hand, but i think big reviewer need to wait a little while.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Is it possible to buy a sample? I'll make some type of review for y'all

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

KaBoomStick

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The screen is a major improvement. Much more legible than the test versions I've seen vids using. Aesthetically I like it much better.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think with kanthal its monitoring the amperage more so than temperature...where ever we find our vape we like, it took x amount of amps to reach that....so we take our puff and when we find the flavor starting to shine we can lock it in.

I know on my sigelei at 30 watts it takes 2 or 3 seconds for it to become hot enough to get the flavor out of my atty or rta...if i sit there and hold it and hold it it gets too hot and i lose flavor....even with the 7 second cut off....so if the device could supply instant maximum power or user pre set power from the start, wouldnt that work?

If you set power too high on most devices its great for like 2 seconds with super fast ramp up time.. then comes the dry hit or too much heat and loss of flavor.

jamey554

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
U know what i would like to see, it would b a mod that could temp control silver wire.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jamey554

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey or copper wire lol, ill stick to my snow wolf

gracechen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I think with kanthal its monitoring the amperage more so than temperature...where ever we find our vape we like, it took x amount of amps to reach that....so we take our puff and when we find the flavor starting to shine we can lock it in.

I know on my sigelei at 30 watts it takes 2 or 3 seconds for it to become hot enough to get the flavor out of my atty or rta...if i sit there and hold it and hold it it gets too hot and i lose flavor....even with the 7 second cut off....so if the device could supply instant maximum power or user pre set power from the start, wouldnt that work?

If you set power too high on most devices its great for like 2 seconds with super fast ramp up time.. then comes the dry hit or too much heat and loss of flavor.

hi, just a little response. asolo is not the way you think, it is different with sigelei or other tc mod.

gracechen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
U know what i would like to see, it would b a mod that could temp control silver wire.

maybe it would try, if your silver wire can work on watt mode, it can be temperature control.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I don't see why we couldn't, granted I'm shooting from the hip here, but I can't help but wonder about being able to go sell used coils at the 'gold and silver pawn shop.'.
Chumlee would buy them.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
:p:p:p

I spent a winter there a couple years ago and never did go in. Every time I passed by, EVERY TIME... there was a line stretching along the sidewalk and into the parking lot.

I have no fucking idea how they get the modern shots of the lot for the show (now that they're famous).

they probably shoot 'b-roll' with the parking lot closed or something

RebelGolfer72

Guilty as charged
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
:p:p:p

I spent a winter there a couple years ago and never did go in. Every time I passed by, EVERY TIME... there was a line stretching along the sidewalk and into the parking lot.

I have no fucking idea how they get the modern shots of the lot for the show (now that they're famous).
A buddy of mine was actually on that show

gracechen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Don't we have known safety issues with Copper? Stick with Silver. :p

My earlier joke was that, first... I thought more people are allergic to silver. Turns out that's actually the nickel impurities. Check

My second thought was... low (?) melting point. Nope, it's up there as well around 1700 F. Check.

But... it's extremely conductive. I don't know the resistance properties. Can we usably build with it?

without any wire, will be a good idea for a safety use.:)

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Not that her avatar helps...I guess one auto-correct mistake can bring out the best/ worst in a situation...Massage/Big Pleasure/Female Eyes Looking Up at Me...Maybe its because Im Gutter-Minded
Announcement brought to you by Jergens lotion..Turning VU wishes into a smoooooth reality.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
We will see how the mod holds up to his multiple "drop tests"
bYvS11L.jpg

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I notice lots of people in this thread with zero interest in this mod..... Kinda makes you wonder about their motivation....
Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
We haven't seen any numbers either, which is what started this thread down the dark cavern of insanity. And that's also the big thing most of we 'haters' are waiting to see.
Opinion is great, and maverik pit up the best review put of anyone from what we've seen thus far.
But im going to stay on team #waitnsee until there are numbers.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Yes the temperature control works on Kanthal A1 indicating when your wick is dry with being unable to fire it, and a e-liquid icon flashes.
But now for actual temp control using only Kanthal you can not set it to Fahrenheit degrees like you can for nickle or titanium, only a percentage of heat.

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yes the temperature control works on Kanthal A1 indicating when your wick is dry with being unable to fire it, and a e-liquid icon flashes.
But now for actual temp control using only Kanthal you can not set it to Fahrenheit degrees like you can for nickle or titanium, only a percentage of heat.
Percentage of heat as in if max is 600° would 50% be like setting it to 300°?

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Percentage of heat as in if max is 600° would 50% be like setting it to 300°?
I am not sure of the exact numbers the percentage represents

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
if i have read and understood everything correctly
you will not ever be able to calculate the kanthal temp.
You lock the temperature in by firing the coil till you like the taste. Then instead of reading or calculating the temp, the device reads SOME measurement
The percentage you can set is based of that reading. so you can go a little hotter or a little cooler

st0nedpenguin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And the leader of the troll pack who was so rude and embarrassingly wrong should apologize to the OP and any community members he may have misled with his ignorance.

You and I apparently have very different opinions of what wrong is.

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For those expecting a technical review from Smokie, Twisted, or Rip are going to be disappointed I think. None of those reviewers are technical enough to do that kind of review. Although their impression will be good to see. Just don't expect the kind of answers many are hoping to see because it won't happen.

Personally, I think this tech is very unique and I'm just as interested in seeing the non-technical opinions as the very technical reviews. There are so few people (and this includes most of the popular reviewers) that even have a basic understanding of how current temp control devices work that use nickel and titanium that it's going to be a while before we get hard data on what is really going on. But having the opinion of average users experience probably will be a good indication of if this product will be successful in the market.

The fact that Smokie doesn't have a clue what the percentage indicator means probably indicates the manual is not giving a good explanation and will likely be a big drawback to the device and it's acceptance. Even if the device works well, if there aren't clear instructions that is going to make it very difficult for people to use this device effectively. No offense Gracechen... but I hope you didn't write the manual and you actually had a english speaking technical writer at least proof it first. This device works differently from any device we've seen so far in the vaping world, so a well written manual will be important.

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just as an added thought, if this system of control works even reasonably well I think this is exciting. There is no doubt that I would rather use Kanthal than nickel or titanium. I just find Kanthal easier to work with, cheaper, and more readily available. I also realize that being new tech and first to bat for being able to control Kanthal within a reasonable range (if it really can), this could lead the way for other companies to refine and improve the tech. Just like it took a few iterations for nickel temp control to become refined and really useful, I think it might take a few tweeks and adjustments of algorithms to make this a mainstream tech if it proves promising.

It will be a bit of a bumpy road for people to understand this is NOT temp control like Evolv, Yihi, Evic, and others use. Kind of like all the confusion when Evolv released the DNA40 and there was so much misinformation and just plain FUD on how to use it. But if iJoy can show this control method has value and can perform within reason of what has been said by Gracechen AND concise, easy to understand instructions on use we might have something worthwhile here.

Only time will tell... and we're right at the wire for when we are going to be seeing real world results for this control method. But I'm going to stay cautiously optimistic because the up side of this actually working is pretty significant. And if it sucks? Well then I won't buy it...lol. But I really do hope there is some value here. And I also appreciate out of the box thinking and not just following the other sheep in doing the same temp control as everyone else. I like innovation and sometimes we get nice surprises. We'll see soon I guess.

Mykline

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just as an added thought, if this system of control works even reasonably well I think this is exciting. There is no doubt that I would rather use Kanthal than nickel or titanium. I just find Kanthal easier to work with, cheaper, and more readily available. I also realize that being new tech and first to bat for being able to control Kanthal within a reasonable range (if it really can), this could lead the way for other companies to refine and improve the tech. Just like it took a few iterations for nickel temp control to become refined and really useful, I think it might take a few tweeks and adjustments of algorithms to make this a mainstream tech if it proves promising.

It will be a bit of a bumpy road for people to understand this is NOT temp control like Evolv, Yihi, Evic, and others use. Kind of like all the confusion when Evolv released the DNA40 and there was so much misinformation and just plain FUD on how to use it. But if iJoy can show this control method has value and can perform within reason of what has been said by Gracechen AND concise, easy to understand instructions on use we might have something worthwhile here.

Only time will tell... and we're right at the wire for when we are going to be seeing real world results for this control method. But I'm going to stay cautiously optimistic because the up side of this actually working is pretty significant. And if it sucks? Well then I won't buy it...lol. But I really do hope there is some value here. And I also appreciate out of the box thinking and not just following the other sheep in doing the same temp control as everyone else. I like innovation and sometimes we get nice surprises. We'll see soon I guess.
Perfectly said.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
For those expecting a technical review from Smokie, Twisted, or Rip are going to be disappointed I think. None of those reviewers are technical enough to do that kind of review. Although their impression will be good to see. Just don't expect the kind of answers many are hoping to see because it won't happen.

Personally, I think this tech is very unique and I'm just as interested in seeing the non-technical opinions as the very technical reviews. There are so few people (and this includes most of the popular reviewers) that even have a basic understanding of how current temp control devices work that use nickel and titanium that it's going to be a while before we get hard data on what is really going on. But having the opinion of average users experience probably will be a good indication of if this product will be successful in the market.

The fact that Smokie doesn't have a clue what the percentage indicator means probably indicates the manual is not giving a good explanation and will likely be a big drawback to the device and it's acceptance. Even if the device works well, if there aren't clear instructions that is going to make it very difficult for people to use this device effectively. No offense Gracechen... but I hope you didn't write the manual and you actually had a english speaking technical writer at least proof it first. This device works differently from any device we've seen so far in the vaping world, so a well written manual will be important.
Your 100% right Drone, the manual explains squat dick about the percentage except that you can adjust it.up or down. Maybe a guy like pbusardo will be able to measure the heat at a percentage since he has lots of testing equipment.

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am eagerly awaiting the explanation of this whole 100% °F business, i hope it opens new doors and we will soon be able to walk 150% Feet, drink 180% liters of water. Nah,but seriously if you can't select or display the actual °F/°C it feels like a sham having it there at all. if they used something else like 100% °T i would just think its quirky. plus it could be called the "taste control meter" pow! iJoy needs to put me on the payroll.

I think the F and C are there just because of the nickel and titanium mode where an actual temp measurement makes sense. The Kanthal mode seems a bit different from what little I've heard so far. My interpretation is that you vape and change wattage settings until your happy with the clouds, vapor heat, and flavor... then hit the learn button to lock that setting. The percentage in this mode can change the lock setting a small percentage up and down to tailor vape during the day. Maybe a little weaker in the morning and a bit more at night. Like bumping it from 50w to 55w, just an easy control to make small adjustments without having to lock in a different vape point. But your fine tuning your vape from the lock point you set. So that would make F and C meaningless because it's just a percentage of an arbitrary lock point and not an absolute temp. In fact, the F and C bothered me until shortly ago when it was said to have nickel and titanium traditional temp modes. Before we knew that, it just made no sense to have an F and C. I'm glad to see there was an actual reason the F and C were there.

Still wondering if it works though.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
I am eagerly awaiting the explanation of this whole 100% °F business, i hope it opens new doors and we will soon be able to walk 150% Feet, drink 180% liters of water. Nah,but seriously if you can't select or display the actual °F/°C it feels like a sham having it there at all. if they used something else like 100% °T i would just think its quirky. plus it could be called the "taste control meter" pow! iJoy needs to put me on the payroll.
Most users do not want to get a dry hit so in that aspect of using this temp control mode with kanthal it works regardless of the temp setting.. And just a few small issues I found, the 510 spring loaded connector is real tight with not much play with one of my sub tanks having a issue not connecting, the LED light on the screen is way too dim to see at times, and the batteries once in, and cover closed is tight because of the spring loaded battery connectors with being very secure, and no battery rattle but is kind of hard to take off, each time the cover flies off do to the force needed to open.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Grace shot me down on my last theory but, i still say that "train" feature is monitoring the amount of amps it took to create the heat you found your best vape from and remembers it if you set it...After all ,isnt it amps that create the heat in the coil?

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have been a technical writer since 1979 . Would be pleased to help out the manufacturer with their manual. Just contact me.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
@gracechen - Please get in contact with Mykline via PM. Let's get the manual for the Asolo mod written with some depth of readability and technical knowledge.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media