Become a Patron!

If you want to try a MECH MOD BEFORE YOU BUY. Homemade method!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Hell I just read this morning at my medical clinic about a guy that tried vaping for the first time ended up in the hospital. Apparently the $154 Mod he was using(no details on what kind). He was diagnosed with a HOLE BEING ATE THROUGH ONE OF HIS LUNGS!!!! Aperantly the $154 dollar mod that was suppose to turn the liquid nicotine into Vapor. DID NOT. When he inhaled on the device it shot hot nicotine down his throat and sucked it into his lungs and burnt a hold right through his lung

First thing I thought was. HE DID SOMETHING WRONG!!! Did he use the right e liquid. Did he mix it with something. Did he put it in the right area. I've had juice in my mouth and have inhaled some hot juice already when laying down and vaping. So my thought was WHAT DID HE DO WRONG.!!? But maybe the device did fail. They do fail more often than we could imagine. But never heard of one failing like that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was all one big scaremongering lie.

I put up an article about it here: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/lie-of-the-month-vaping-burned-a-hole-in-my-lungs.146146/

I'm the News & Media guy:)

http://vapingunderground.com/forums/what-is-in-the-news.109/

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Yeah I'm still a bit curious as of why that would happen tho? I know people the use tanks on mech mods. But is it because they are using the right OHM coils in it. Since it's not a dripper you are stuck using what coils they make for it. So of course you would have to use a coil within your battery limitations. Is that the only reason is because the coils they use in the tanks. Or is there another reason? Just curious as to what your logic is. Make sure there not something I have heard about yet. Lol

It's because the SMPL along with the 4/Nine run hybrid top caps and subohm tanks do not have adjustable 510 pins
They push the button the 510's positive and negative touches the 18650's positive terminal directly and BOOM

nano2014

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh I see. Yeah. That's something I haven't heard about yet. See. Everyone learns something new everyday. It does t matter how experienced or how long you've been doing it. There's always new things to learn. That's good to know though. Cause if I get a mech mod I was going to get a hybrid cap. Or a one piece hybrid body. But the selection is very small still

nano2014

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's because the SMPL along with the 4/Nine run hybrid top caps and subohm tanks do not have adjustable 510 pins
They push the button the 510's positive and negative touches the 18650's positive terminal directly and BOOM
I'm going to message you. Want to ask a question and don't want everyone's opinions yet. Cus then It will be harder to decide

exodus

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What you MAY be responsible for is having someone coming in new to vaping and not knowing what they are doing and trying something like this, which is extremely dangerous and possibly getting hurt, now how would you feel if that happened???

I'd would rather them have some kind of instruction and follow a safety measure like A FUSE FOR PROTECTION. CAUSE IF SOMEONE WANTS TO DO IT. THEY WILL DO IT WITH OR WITHOUT THIS THREAD. HAVENT YOU SEEN HOW DUMB SOME PEOPLE CAN BE. I BUILD CUSTOM BOXES AMD MECH MODS ALL THE TIME. BUT I WOULD RATHER A "beginner" NOT DO IT AT ALL. BUT SAY THEY DO ANYWAYS. ATLEAST THE HAVE SOME BASIC INSTRUCTIONS NOW AND A FUSE FOR SAFETY PROTECTION. THE FUSE WILL BLOW FAR BEFORE THE BATTERY GETS NEAR VENTING. THATS WHY I STATED IF YOU BATTERY LIMIT IS 20a. Use a 15a fuse for safety. .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

anybody cheap enough to try this build ,is too dam cheap and\or dumb to waste their time chasing down a stupid fuse

" famous last words: we don't need no stinking fuse"

nano2014

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'd would rather them have some kind of instruction and follow a safety measure like A FUSE FOR PROTECTION. CAUSE IF SOMEONE WANTS TO DO IT. THEY WILL DO IT WITH OR WITHOUT THIS THREAD. HAVENT YOU SEEN HOW DUMB SOME PEOPLE CAN BE. I BUILD CUSTOM BOXES AMD MECH MODS ALL THE TIME. BUT I WOULD RATHER A "beginner" NOT DO IT AT ALL. BUT SAY THEY DO ANYWAYS. ATLEAST THE HAVE SOME BASIC INSTRUCTIONS NOW AND A FUSE FOR SAFETY PROTECTION. THE FUSE WILL BLOW FAR BEFORE THE BATTERY GETS NEAR VENTING. THATS WHY I STATED IF YOU BATTERY LIMIT IS 20a. Use a 15a fuse for safety. .

anybody cheap enough to try this build ,is too dam cheap and\or dumb to waste their time chasing down a stupid fuse

" famous last words: we don't need no stinking fuse"[/QUOTE]
Your probably right. But that's on them if they don't follow instructions

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hell I just read this morning at my medical clinic about a guy that tried vaping for the first time ended up in the hospital. Apparently the $154 Mod he was using(no details on what kind). He was diagnosed with a HOLE BEING ATE THROUGH ONE OF HIS LUNGS!!!! Aperantly the $154 dollar mod that was suppose to turn the liquid nicotine into Vapor. DID NOT. When he inhaled on the device it shot hot nicotine down his throat and sucked it into his lungs and burnt a hold right through his lung

First thing I thought was. HE DID SOMETHING WRONG!!! Did he use the right e liquid. Did he mix it with something. Did he put it in the right area. I've had juice in my mouth and have inhaled some hot juice already when laying down and vaping. So my thought was WHAT DID HE DO WRONG.!!? But maybe the device did fail. They do fail more often than we could imagine. But never heard of one failing like that.

I read that crap I dont believe it was vaping related at all .. He probably got an infection so they are blaming vaping

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I read that crap I dont believe it was vaping related at all .. He probably got an infection so they are blaming vaping
That's how everything is being diagnosed now. Just like when "everyone" (but me) was afraid of getting Ebola and even the receptionists at the doctor's office asked if you'd traveled recently; now it's going to be "do you use electronic cigarettes?".

Doctor: "Bob you have hemorrhoids. You know that your electronic cigarette use has lead to your hemorrhoids"

Doctor: "John, your foot pain is caused by plantar fasciitis. It's been discovered in joint studies by Phillip Morris university and the college of R.J. Reynolds that electronic cigarette use leads to plantar fasciitis."

Etc...

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

exodus

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

" famous last words: we don't need no stinking fuse"

and should ot ever make the news ?? the headlines won't say anything about you giving instructions about making a safe one with a fuse
but more like,some rogue vaper on a forum is passing out bad ideas on how make a cheap ,unsafe mod

nano2014

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

and should ot ever make the news ?? the headlines won't say anything about you giving instructions about making a safe one with a fuse
but more like,some rogue vaper on a forum is passing out bad ideas on how make a cheap ,unsafe mod[/QUOTE]

Ok. If that's the case. How did you learn to build coils. Or hell. Even learn to fill a tank or drip? Since obviously you know so much. Did you wake up one morning and just know everything. Or did you look over sites and videos and different peoples instructional remarks and comments. To each his own! Hell if that was how life worked the. Maybe I should throw my bran new IPAD up against the concrete wall. And then go after APPLE or Verizon for not having it in the instructions that your not suppose to throw it against the wall. Yeah. That makes sense. I'll do that. Simply because the instructions don't say anything about it so it must be alright. Noooooo. It's called common f'ing sense

exodus

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
but more like,some rogue vaper on a forum is passing out bad ideas on how make a cheap ,unsafe mod

Ok. If that's the case. How did you learn to build coils. Or hell. Even learn to fill a tank or drip? Since obviously you know so much. Did you wake up one morning and just know everything. Or did you look over sites and videos and different peoples instructional remarks and comments. To each his own! Hell if that was how life worked the. Maybe I should throw my bran new IPAD up against the concrete wall. And then go after APPLE or Verizon for not having it in the instructions that your not suppose to throw it against the wall. Yeah. That makes sense. I'll do that. Simply because the instructions don't say anything about it so it must be alright. Noooooo. It's called common f'ing sense

defensive much !! i know it is issue for you ,but try to stay in the context of the message ,lest you become the possibility i am referencing

btw common fucking sense is an oxy moron

nano2014

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wasn't just for you. Sorry. It's for many of the older ignorant messages. It's a bit difficult using Tapatalk to respond. Sometimes it will only let me reply to someone else's quote. Rather than make a new comment. I gotta upgrade my IOS tonight.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
i think@nano2014 has the right frame of mind
but his presentation is the problem

if this information would have been presented in
HOW DOES A MECH MOD WORK and added info on what can go wrong and WHY
you all would be like " GREAT POST MAN"

nano2014

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i think@nano2014 has the right frame of mind
but his presentation is the problem

if this information would have been presented in
HOW DOES A MECH MOD WORK and added info on what can go wrong and WHY
you all would be like " GREAT POST MAN"
yes you are right. I had much more to add and edit but after I finished up the work I was doing to present it. There were so many negative comments that I figured there no point now I'll just make a different thread about it

z man

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm just here,to see some pics.....And I HAVE been trained at the school of hard knocks on 'lectrick stuff....I am the first one to vape that is on this site....I am too old for a fight,so the first Vape was a Aurora model-motoring H.O. scale slotcar.....It was smoking from to much Special model-motoring "RACING OIL"so I ripped it apart,cleaned it with zippo lighter fluid...Reassembly lube with Vegetable Glycerine(Yes they had V.G. in 1960....Called "Corn Huskers"...) It smoked up a storm now!....Now to the "First Vaper" thing...I took the car and touched a 9 volt battery to the two pick-up brushes and inadvertently breathed in the fumes of the "C/H" and "Ozone"(By-product of frying commutator and brushes....And Yes You can Vape with a AA battery,its just a matter of how You define,"VAPE"....Z

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
yes you are right. I had much more to add and edit but after I finished up the work I was doing to present it. There were so many negative comments that I figured there no point now I'll just make a different thread about it

We don't delete threads here so it would be much better if you just did it here.
And if your tutorial is a total masterpiece the comments won't make the OP look dumb at all.

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hell, while we are at it.The same could be attained with a 9volt and a few jumper wires with alligator clips lol

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

nano2014

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

We don't delete threads here so it would be much better if you just did it here.
And if your tutorial is a total masterpiece the comments won't make the OP look dumb at all.
When I have more time I'll do it again. I got pissed and deleted the shit I made yesterday. I needed to finish up work. I own a local business and was trying to do this at work and then got really busy so I stopped. Then all the negativity started and I just don't deal with drama so I'll re do it soon

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There is a HUGE difference between someone who ACTUALLY knows what they are doing, building their own mod SAFELY , because they know how to solder and insulate wires, and what connections to make where, and someone who has NO CLUE what they are doing, TAPING WIRES TO A BATTERY! No offense man, but you present the most basic instructions which I had a bit of a hard time understanding, and then you say people that want to try them are stupid and cheap. It makes no sense.

VU Sponsors