Become a Patron!

If you want to try a MECH MOD BEFORE YOU BUY. Homemade method!

nano2014

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I will edit it this later to make it more professional and maybe some diagram drawings to show you.

THIS IS FOR MODERATELY EXPERIENCED VAPORS. OR ATLEAST HAVE SAFETY KNOWLEDGE AND SOME ELECTRICAL KNOWLEDGE. DO NOT TRY THIS IF YOU ARE NOT MECHANICAL INCLINED AND HAVE BASIC ELECTRICAL SAFETY AMD BATTERY SAFETY KNOWLEDGE. BASICALLY THIS IS THE GUTS OF A MECH MOD. SO WITH A FEW SUPPLIES YOU MAY ALREADY HAVE YOU CAN MAKE A HOMEADE DEVICE TO TRY IT. BEFORE SPENDING MONEY ON A ACTUAL MECH MOD!

THINGS YOU MAY NEED

Battery - 18650 is fine
A box or tin of some sort. To put everything inside. HOMEADE box
A piece of about 4 inch wire
And atomizer. Preferably dripper RDA with about .5ohm of bigger
(check battery limits for your battery)

I have a way for anyone to try a mech mod without actually having a mech mod. DO NOT TRY THIS UNLESS YOU HAVE ARE SOMEWHAT EXPERIENCED AND NO SOME ABOUT ELECTRICAL. All you need is a Battery. 18650 or 26650. Whichever you want to try A PIECE OF thick 4 inch wire. Maybe a FUSED BUTTON OR SWITCH. OR EVEN JUST A FUSE that matches you battery Amperage limit. If your battery limit is at 20a. Use a 15amp fuse for safety. Remember this is just to try it before you buy a mod. Tape a piece of wire 2in wire to the NEGATIVE POST. Tape the other end of wire to the ONE FUSE POST. TAKE YOUR SECOND HALF OF THE WIRE and tape it to your THE 510 THREADS ON THE ATOMIZER. Set the positive pin of your atomizer on the POSITIVE terminal of your battery. Install your parts into the Tin or Box. Making sure nothing crosses and causes a short. Make sure everything is nice and neat and ll contacts are covered to avoid shorts. After everything is set up in the tin or box. Put it to your mouth and PUSH THE BUTTON OR IS USIMG A FUSE ALONE touch the lose wire against the OPEN FUSE POST. AND IT WILL BEGIN TO FIRE. ONLY PULSE THIS METHOD. DO NOT HOLD IT ON FOR LONG PERIODS. PULSE THE DEVICE ON AND OFF A FEW TIMES AND PLEASE..... ONLY USE THIS TO TEST IT AND SEE IF YOU MAY LIKE A MECHANICAL MOD

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES IF SOMEONE ATTEMPTS TO DO THIS AND NOT FOLLOW PROPER SAFETY MEASURES

Last edited:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry....had to....
tumblr_n4smwpg5QN1qa02hoo1_250%20-%20Copy_zpsigqce0qq.jpg

samuel-l-jackson-stare_zpsakevotyj.gif

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
[QUOTE="nano2014, post: 732793, member: 33210

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES IF SOMEONE ATTEMPTS TO DO THIS AND NOT FOLLOW PROPER SAFETY MEASURES[/QUOTE]

What you MAY be responsible for is having someone coming in new to vaping and not knowing what they are doing and trying something like this, which is extremely dangerous and possibly getting hurt, now how would you feel if that happened???

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I will edit it this later to make it more professional and maybe some diagram drawings to show you.

THIS IS FOR MODERATELY EXPERIENCED VAPORS. OR ATLEAST HAVE SAFETY KNOWLEDGE AND SOME ELECTRICAL KNOWLEDGE. DO NOT TRY THIS IF YOU ARE NOT MECHANICAL INCLINED AND HAVE BASIC ELECTRICAL SAFETY AMD BATTERY SAFETY KNOWLEDGE. BASICALLY THIS IS THE GUTS OF A MECH MOD. SO WITH A FEW SUPPLIES YOU MAY ALREADY HAVE YOU CAN MAKE A HOMEADE DEVICE TO TRY IT. BEFORE SPENDING MONEY ON A ACTUAL MECH MOD!

THINGS YOU MAY NEED

Battery - 18650 is fine
A box of tin of some sort.

I have a way for anyone to try a mech mod without actually have a mech mod. DO NOT TRY THIS UNLESS YOU HAVE ARE SOMEWHAT EXPERIENCED AND NO SOME ABOUT ELECTRICAL. All you need is a Battery. 18650 or 26650. Whichever you want to try A PIECE OF thick 4 inch wire. Maybe a FUSED BUTTON OR SWITCH. OR EVEN JUST A FUSE that matches you battery Amperage limit. Tape a piece of wire 2in wire to the NEGATIVE POST. Tape the other end of wire to the ONE FUSE POST. TAKE YOUR SECOND HALF OF THE WIRE and tape it to your THE 510 THREADS ON THE ATOMIZER. Set the positive pin of your atomizer on the POSITIVE terminal of your battery. Put it to your mouth and PUSH THE BUTTON OR IS USIMG A FUSE ALONE touch the lose wire against the OPEN FUSE POST. AND IT WILL BEGIN TO FIRE. ONLY PULSE THIS METHOD. DO NOT HOLD IT ON FOR LONG PERIODS. PULSE THE DEVICE ON AND OFF A FEW TIMES AND PLEASE..... ONLY USE THIS TO TEST IT AND SEE IF YOU MAY LIKE A MECHANICAL MOD

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES IF SOMEONE ATTEMPTS TO DO THIS AND NOT FOLLOW PROPER SAFETY MEASURES
Dear god man are you fucking crazy??
Hey kiddies lets build a bomb but hold on I am not responsible if you blow up!!
God Help me
nuclear-bomb-iran-e1405694886188-598x350.jpg

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

THINGS YOU MAY NEED

Battery - 18650 is fine

I have a way for anyone to try a mech mod without actually have a mech mod. DO NOT TRY THIS UNLESS YOU HAVE ARE SOMEWHAT EXPERIENCED AND NO SOME ABOUT ELECTRICAL. All you need is a Battery. 18650 or 26650. Whichever you want to try A PIECE OF thick 4 inch wire. Maybe a FUSED BUTTON OR SWITCH. OR EVEN JUST A FUSE that matches you battery Amperage limit. Tape a piece of wire 2in wire to the NEGATIVE POST. Tape the other end of wire to the ONE FUSE POST. TAKE YOUR SECOND HALF OF THE WIRE and tape it to your THE 510 THREADS ON THE ATOMIZER. Set the positive pin of your atomizer on the POSITIVE terminal of your battery. Put it to your mouth and PUSH THE BUTTON OR IS USIMG A FUSE ALONE touch the lose wire against the OPEN FUSE POST. AND IT WILL BEGIN TO FIRE. ONLY PULSE THIS METHOD. DO NOT HOLD IT ON FOR LONG PERIODS. PULSE THE DEVICE ON AND OFF A FEW TIMES AND PLEASE..... ONLY USE THIS TO TEST IT AND SEE IF YOU MAY LIKE A MECHANICAL MOD

Hold on folks please do not spend 20.00 on a Mech mod lets risk your life first!!!!!! YAY!!!!! YAY!!!!

skeene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

THINGS YOU MAY NEED

Battery - 18650 is fine

how about posting some pics of ones you've built. I gotta see this

nano2014

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
People make HOMEADE mods out of Altoid Tins and shit all the time and even sell them on eBay. If someone is dumb enough to fail this WITH A FUSE IN THERE FOR SAFETY. THEN THEY SHOULDnt EVEN BE CONSIDERING A MECH MOD THAT HAS ABSOLUTELY NO SAFETY FUSE AT ALL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

nano2014

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And yeah. I know people would rather complain about buying a $10 smpl mech mod on eBay. So this is to show them how it works for the ones who don't want to spend $10 on a cheap SMPL MECH MOD. There's tons of them for under $15. But this is basically the setup inside a MECH MOD. BATTERY. POS & NEG. AND A BUTTON. SO IF YOU CANT FIGURE OUT HOW TO MAKE ONE TO TRY THEN YOU PROBABLY SHOULDN'T BE BUILDING MECH MODS AND COILS AT ALL

nano2014

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445611214.942407.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1445611226.756124.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1445611238.342755.jpg

Hers a few on Google for now. I have one now at home I made out of a TESLA ONE tube. And a few parts here and there. But I never finished it cause I need a button

nano2014

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'd rather people here. Send some pictures of HOMEADE mods they made. And there. " HOW TOS". Instead of someone attempting this on there own the first time with no instructions. CAUSE PEOPLE WILL DO IT. WETHER THEY NO BETTER OR NOT. SOME PEOPLE WILL ATTEMPT IT EVEN IF THEY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT SAFETY AND ELECTRICITY. SO THIS IS JUST SOME SMALL INSTRUCTIONS SO THEY HAVE SOMETHING TO GO OFF OF. MORE EXAMPLES AND INSTRUCTIONS ARE WELCOMED.

nano2014

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
[QUOTE="nano2014, post: 732793, member: 33210

What you MAY be responsible for is having someone coming in new to vaping and not knowing what they are doing and trying something like this, which is extremely dangerous and possibly getting hurt, now how would you feel if that happened???[/QUOTE]

I'd would rather them have some kind of instruction and follow a safety measure like A FUSE FOR PROTECTION. CAUSE IF SOMEONE WANTS TO DO IT. THEY WILL DO IT WITH OR WITHOUT THIS THREAD. HAVENT YOU SEEN HOW DUMB SOME PEOPLE CAN BE. I BUILD CUSTOM BOXES AMD MECH MODS ALL THE TIME. BUT I WOULD RATHER A "beginner" NOT DO IT AT ALL. BUT SAY THEY DO ANYWAYS. ATLEAST THE HAVE SOME BASIC INSTRUCTIONS NOW AND A FUSE FOR SAFETY PROTECTION. THE FUSE WILL BLOW FAR BEFORE THE BATTERY GETS NEAR VENTING. THATS WHY I STATED IF YOU BATTERY LIMIT IS 20a. Use a 15a fuse for safety. .

nano2014

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
oh boy,,some cheap ass bastard is gonna google ""cheap mec mod " .we'll read about him in the news
Yes that's typically what people do. But ATLEAST with some instructions that tell you to use a fuse maybe they won't blow themselves up. Some people will try this wether I post instructions or not. Wouldn't you rather them have a fuse in there with some instructions. Verse just googling it and throwing g it together. ATLEAST they have something to go off of. I'm sure there's more instructions out there more detailed than mine. But I posted this quick cause I read someone's comment on here that they were goi g to try it themselves. So I posted this as a instruction for him so he uses safety IF HE DOES IT AT ALL

nano2014

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Or you can pick up a $7 mech mod from fasttech...
Yes I know. But you know how some people are. They will take the chance of building a HOMEADE one first instead of paying $7 for a cheap one. But I'd rather someone have some instruction ATLEAST so they can put a fuse in and have some protection ATLEAST

nano2014

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I pray that some new enthusiastic vaper doesn't get hold of this. This just sounds like an accident waiting to happen!
Would you rather them just attempt it with no instructions. People are going to do what they want anyways. Might as well follow some kind of instruction if your going to do it. And this way ATLEAST there's a fuse to protect them from harm

nano2014

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hell I e heard of beginners thinking you can use AA Batteries to VAPE WHY? Cause they didn't know any better Cause people would rather make fun of him. Instead of giving them some instructions and guidance. People are so quick to make judgement. When they could have just gave them some advice on what to do and instructions on how to do it.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Actually @nano2014 is 100% correct.
Why member bully this guy because he wants to start mod making?
We all have to start somewhere right?

I'm with you on this one @nano2014 don't let the bullies deter you.
You obviously have a background in electronics or know the basics.
You are right now where ever mod maker in the US was at some point in time.

skeene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
googling a few pics doesn't give someone a background in electronics....
And to suggest people try it is absurd..

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I am moving this thread to the modders section (where it should have been to begin with)
Maybe someone will help this guy out.
No one will help him in a section meant for shitty vendors, scammers, and thieves will they?

nano2014

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am moving this thread to the modders section (where it should have been to begin with)
Maybe someone will help this guy out.
No one will help him in a section meant for shitty vendors, scammers, and thieves will they?
Yes I didn't mean to post it in this section. I had two windows open and wrote it in the wrong one. This is simply small instructions cud dumbasses will do it with or without help. I'd rather them see some kind of instructions them to attempt it in there own. Thanks for moving it to the right section

nano2014

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
googling a few pics doesn't give someone a background in electronics....
And to suggest people try it is absurd..
If someone wants to do something. They will do it. With or without help. Your putting words in my mouth. If you don't like something. Don't read it or look at it. Simple. This as been being done for years. People sell HOMEADE mods on eBay and many other places. I don't like them. So I don't buy them. Duh. People will attempt to build things no matter what we think or say. ATLEAST this way they MIGHT. JUST MIGHT. PUT A FUSE IN OR TAKE SOME PRECAUTIONS.

nano2014

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The best advice I could give anyone would BE BUY A $10 SMPL MOD on EBAY. BUT HOWEVER. THERE ARE PEOPLE THAT WILL ATTEMPT TO MAKE A homeade DEVICE . SO THATS WHY I POSTED SOME SMALL INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE DIY'ERS Not for beginners!

nano2014

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Thanks. And yeah sort of. I have the experience. I'm well past building HOMEADE mods. I build professional box mods with mosfet protection and anything else custom you want done to the Mods. LEDs perhaps? Do you want a remote control Mod. Lol. . Although its pointless. Lol. Hold the mod to you mouth with one hand and push the remote button with the other. Lol. I am very experienced with both VAPING AND ELECTRICAL APPLICATIONS. I REPAIR DEVICES AND INTERNAL BOARDS/CHIPS
I KNOW WHAT IM DOING SO I DONT NEED TO HEAR ALL THE BULLSHIT. BUT I KNOW HOW STUPID PEOPLE CAN BE. WHICH IS WHY YOU NEED SOME KIND OF INSTRUCTIONS TO GET STARTED.

nano2014

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This was specifically for the people that KNOW THE BASICS. and want to get into mod building. Or for someone that KNOWS THE BASICS. AND WANTS TO TRY A MECH MOD. BEFORE BUYING AN EXPENSIVE ONE. IF YOU HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE IF NOT THEN DONT ATTEMPT THIS WITHOUT HANDS ON HELP

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

quiet

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This was specifically for the people that KNOW THE BASICS. and want to get into mod building. Or for someone that KNOWS THE BASICS. AND WANTS TO TRY A MECH MOD. BEFORE BUYING AN EXPENSIVE ONE. IF YOU HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE IF NOT THEN DONT ATTEMPT THIS WITHOUT HANDS ON HELP

You know after thinking about it I agree ..They may blow themselves up without instruction so if you do instruct them they may not blow themselves up.. I just hope little Johnny doesnt see this.. haha :)

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks. And yeah sort of. I have the experience. I'm well past building HOMEADE mods. I build professional box mods with mosfet protection and anything else custom you want done to the Mods. LEDs perhaps? Do you want a remote control Mod. Lol. . Although its pointless. Lol. Hold the mod to you mouth with one hand and push the remote button with the other. Lol. I am very experienced with both VAPING AND ELECTRICAL APPLICATIONS. I REPAIR DEVICES AND INTERNAL BOARDS/CHIPS
I KNOW WHAT IM DOING SO I DONT NEED TO HEAR ALL THE BULLSHIT. BUT I KNOW HOW STUPID PEOPLE CAN BE. WHICH IS WHY YOU NEED SOME KIND OF INSTRUCTIONS TO GET STARTED.

I do see the value probably titled something like.. The Mod before building a Mod tutorial basic electronics 101 or something.. I think the title is what throws it into a can of chaos :)

nano2014

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hell I just read this morning at my medical clinic about a guy that tried vaping for the first time ended up in the hospital. Apparently the $154 Mod he was using(no details on what kind). He was diagnosed with a HOLE BEING ATE THROUGH ONE OF HIS LUNGS!!!! Aperantly the $154 dollar mod that was suppose to turn the liquid nicotine into Vapor. DID NOT. When he inhaled on the device it shot hot nicotine down his throat and sucked it into his lungs and burnt a hold right through his lung

First thing I thought was. HE DID SOMETHING WRONG!!! Did he use the right e liquid. Did he mix it with something. Did he put it in the right area. I've had juice in my mouth and have inhaled some hot juice already when laying down and vaping. So my thought was WHAT DID HE DO WRONG.!!? But maybe the device did fail. They do fail more often than we could imagine. But never heard of one failing like that.

nano2014

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I do see the value probably titled something like.. The Mod before building a Mod tutorial basic electronics 101 or something.. I think the title is what throws it into a can of chaos :)
Yes but people shouldn't be so negative. If they are negative then keep it to themselves. I stay positive and try to help people any way I can. So keep the negativity away from me ATLEAST. This was only to help those that are ready to try MECHANICAL. IF YOUR READY TO TRY MECHANICAL. THEN YOU MUST HAVE THE BASIC SKILLS ALREADY TO KNOW HOW A MECHANJ

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
The best advice I could give anyone would BE BUY A $10 SMPL MOD on EBAY. BUT HOWEVER. THERE ARE PEOPLE THAT WILL ATTEMPT TO MAKE A homeade DEVICE . SO THATS WHY I POSTED SOME SMALL INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE DIY'ERS Not for beginners!

There is also the fool who will buy an Atlantis tank along with that SMPL mod and blow his face off.

nano2014

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
IT's nOt thE diY bUild thaT BOthers ME, iT's AlL THE raNDoM CAPITaL leTterS GoiNg ON in THiS THreAd.

THAT'S WHAT bothers ME.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
If it bothers you dont read it. Simple. Capital words are used to highlight that part for a reason

nano2014

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There is also the fool who will buy an Atlantis tank along with that SMPL mod and blow his face off.
Yeah I'm still a bit curious as of why that would happen tho? I know people the use tanks on mech mods. But is it because they are using the right OHM coils in it. Since it's not a dripper you are stuck using what coils they make for it. So of course you would have to use a coil within your battery limitations. Is that the only reason is because the coils they use in the tanks. Or is there another reason? Just curious as to what your logic is. Make sure there not something I have heard about yet. Lol

VU Sponsors