Become a Patron!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
whenever I microwave /freezer steep my juices it really changes the flavor.

Heating Nicotine over 150°F degrades the Nicotine and Microwaving e-Liquid can super-heat it extremely fast.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So if you have flavors from different manufacturers, how would you know how much of each to put in? -if you had a recipe does it tell you which manufacturer to use for each flavor?

Maybe or maybe not! I suggest making standalone flavors to perfect them. Or you can go by manufacturer recommendations for each flavor.

Reactions: dez

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Heating Nicotine over 150°F degrades the Nicotine and Microwaving e-Liquid can super-heat it extremely fast.
I only microwave it for about 3 seconds maybe 5 Seconds depending on if I have five big bottles in there at the same time, just enough to get it warm and then throw it in the icebox for about 5 minutes or less, depending on how many bottles I'm doing and it really does work for me. I know it's not the way everybody would do it. When I get a flavor I want to use it right then and that way I can use it right then pretty much. I usually don't have it in time to let it steep naturally for 2 weeks before I need it.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
So if you have flavors from different manufacturers, how would you know how much of each to put in? -if you had a recipe does it tell you which manufacturer to use for each flavor?

A credible juice recipe will always tell you the percentage and the brand or brands of flavoring to use - it really makes or breaks recipes

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

That is something you mainly learn by experience, though asking in the forum is good too. Most recipes will specify the mfr, but I never pay much attention; I use the flavors I use because those flavors suit me, and I never use flavors that contain diketones... so I generally end up substituting the flavors I already have, for whatever is specified.

Andria

Reactions: dez

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

I use Flavorah, makes life simpler. One manufacture.
I can also use my work's (lab) flavors. Keeps all my shipping way down.
I switched to ultras 5 yrs ago and have never looked back.

My best advice for you..
When shopping for flavors, think on what you like to eat or drink, like candies, milkshakes, etc..
Think on what goes in.. then find what brand and flavor you enjoy.
Start low, and take a lot of notes. Work your way up on flavor usage, and still.. take lots of notes.
Like I can start to taste this apple here ____ it tastes really good here ___ its too much or too chemical here__
It could pair well with cranberry, grape, strawberry etc.. for any and all manufactures.

You might find recipes you like.. but the best ones are the ones you can figure out on your own. :)

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I use Flavorah, makes life simpler. One manufacture.
I can also use my work's (lab) flavors. Keeps all my shipping way down.
I switched to ultras 5 yrs ago and have never looked back.

My best advice for you..
When shopping for flavors, think on what you like to eat or drink, like candies, milkshakes, etc..
Think on what goes in.. then find what brand and flavor you enjoy.
Start low, and take a lot of notes. Work your way up on flavor usage, and still.. take lots of notes.
Like I can start to taste this apple here ____ it tastes really good here ___ its too much or too chemical here__
It could pair well with cranberry, grape, strawberry etc.. for any and all manufactures.

You might find recipes you like.. but the best ones are the ones you can figure out on your own. :)
Thank you! Merry Christmas!

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@Just Frank
1 of the kits I mentioned had the same flavor concentrate from several different brands. Are they really different?- like is strawberry concentral the same across different brands?
Thanks
I see you tagged me a while back. For some reason I only get alerts when the forum feels like it :huh:? Sorry, I didn't see this until now. Every company is different. Sometimes totally different.

Descriptive terms like ripe or sweet dont mean much either. The flavor can be way off base from the description.

Last edited:

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I see you tagged me a while back. For some reason I only get alerts when the forum feels like it :huh:? Sorry, I didn't see this until now. Every company is different. Sometimes totally different.

Descriptive terms like ripe or sweet dont mean much either. The flavor can be way off base from the description.
That's okay, I don't get alerts either unless it's for a conversation or about half the time otherwise. Thanks!

VU Sponsors