VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
そうか?「読める」というはずじゃないか。
アニメや漫画が好きかもしれんが、俺はそんな人じゃないさ。お前がよくやってみたけどな。
This is a ENGLISH speaking forum! If you can not post in ENGLISH you do not belong here. Only warning I will give.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
そうか?「読める」というはずじゃないか。
This is a ENGLISH speaking forum! If you can not post in ENGLISH you do not belong here. Only warning I will give.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
そうか?「読める」というはずじゃないか。

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
This is a ENGLISH speaking forum! If you can not post in ENGLISH you do not belong here. Only warning I will give. YOU MUST POST IN ENGLISH, NO OTHER LANGUAGE IS ACCEPTABLE!

Kishibe Rohan

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
MUD Slinger
This is a ENGLISH speaking forum! If you can not post in ENGLISH you do not belong here. Only warning I will give. YOU MUST POST IN ENGLISH, NO OTHER LANGUAGE IS ACCEPTABLE!
Literally every other post but one was in English

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
5681292+_fae7f44cb242c5df69205bb7e99bfdc3.jpg

Kishibe Rohan

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
MUD Slinger
You're a guy I could see myself being friends with, Lordmage. You're cool.

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You're my favorite person here (outside of my friends, of course); even if you're giving up on it now, you went along with the joke by sending JoJo images. Whether you've seen JoJo's Bizarre Adventure or not, you at least did the research and sent very fitting images (to the point that it seems almost impossible that you HAVEN'T seen it). You know how to do things. Instead of getting pissed off about it (although maybe you were, sorry if that's the case) you still played along. This is why I've come to respect you.

in truth I have watched a lot of anime to the point that I can reference just about anything from memory but Google Fu is also good at pointing things out. a joke is meant to be funny but not to the point where is annoys the general public. as I said before role playing is ok but some may not like it keep it contained and in check. in terms of weather I checked out that is yet to be seen.

You're a guy I could see myself being friends with, Lordmage. You're cool.
just to warn you I am totally different in real life.

Kishibe Rohan

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
MUD Slinger
in truth I have watched a lot of anime to the point that I can reference just about anything from memory but Google Fu is also good at pointing things out. a joke is meant to be funny but not to the point where is annoys the general public. as I said before role playing is ok but some may not like it keep it contained and in check. in terms of weather I checked out that is yet to be seen.
Well, regarding "being funny" and "annoying the general public" - while everybody seems to think I was the only person behind all this, I wasn't. The joke was funny for me and my friends, which was ultimately what the goal for us was. Not to say jokes should be at others' expense, or that we were necessarily right in doing so, but the fact of the matter is that it was, in the end, funny to us (the people participating in the joke). Not to absolve blame, but there's also this strange air of...superiority to a lot of the people here on this thread. In which I mean, they take themselves way too seriously and speak in a very high and mighty manner (for instance, this:
cf4ce8cce4.png

), as if their position of power on a forum dedicated to vaping is an incredible feat. The point of a joke is that it's not serious - but everybody took it seriously. And more importantly, they've taken themselves too seriously. On an unrelated note, trying to insult me by saying I live in my mother's basement...I mean, they could do better than that, that's just one of the most generic and bland insults a person on the Internet can make (on a side note, I love the fact that they tried insulting me and my life in spite of the fact that I've made no insults about how they live). So, I'll call it a draw here: this is a website. This isn't like real life where if you're banging pots and pans everybody's gonna hear it and get pissed. They could've easily not replied (effectively ruining the joke) and gone on with it. But they kept going and fed the joke. What makes it a draw is the point I made earlier about it not necessarily being okay on my part.

just to warn you I am totally different in real life.
Oh trust me, me too. The persona I built on this site isn't anything at all a reflection of my actual personality.

Kishibe Rohan

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
MUD Slinger
What made I enjoyed about your responses was that you didn't take it too seriously. Yeah, you threw out some "don't do that" stuff and other such warnings, but once you started responding with images from JoJo, that's what set you apart from the people that have taken it seriously.

Last edited:

Lotus Insane

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The Oz reference was because he is one of the founding members of the site.

And I warned everyone of this shit show before person number two even showed up. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Kishibe Rohan

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
MUD Slinger
The Oz reference was because he is one of the founding members of the site.
I know.

And this is still my opinion on it.
they take themselves way too seriously and speak in a very high and mighty manner...as if their position of power on a forum dedicated to vaping is an incredible feat.

I wasn't referring only to that Oz reference, though. It was just a particularly strong example.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
(on a side note, I love the fact that they tried insulting me and my life in spite of the fact that I've made no insults about how they live)

Oh trust me, me too. The persona I built on this site isn't anything at all a reflection of my actual personality.
i will have to at least semi correct you on this point. to some vaping has become a big part of their life. those are the ones who took it personally (when you came into the forum to perform your group joke) - Which is why i said VU is not meant to be a stage and in my book a joke should be enjoyed by both sides those in the know and those it is pulled on after the fact. otherwise it ruins the spirit of humour and turns it into a form of net bullying in my eye.

think of it this way did you enjoy being the butt of a group joke. depending on the severity, the backlash could have led to a different viewpoint on jokes and social circles.

how ever as you said i am not responsible for your actions.
after going over the thread again. the one liners could have been dialed back which is why some got merged and why some believe all of them are from the same person. plus pretending to not understand the written word while typing is both ironic and to some a form of lying. after all it would be hard to learn any spoken language without first understanding the written structure sure it can be done for face to face interactions but god forbid one uses the wrong honorific. lord knows how many Baka's and let's eat are mispronounced let alone how many people could misuse oni

Kishibe Rohan

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
MUD Slinger
i will have to at least semi correct you on this point. to some vaping has become a big part of their life. those are the ones who took it personally (when you came into the forum to perform your group joke) - Which is why i said VU is not meant to be a stage and in my book a joke should be enjoyed by both sides those in the know and those it is pulled on after the fact. otherwise it ruins the spirit of humour and turns it into a form of net bullying in my eye.
The thing is, I never explicitly criticized or belittled anyone for vaping - in fact, if it's used as an alternative to smoking, I'd encourage it. Obviously I talked about vaping in a joking matter, but I didn't insult anyone for vaping or say that they're stupid for vaping or anything like that. I never said anything like "I bet you stay home and vape all day in your mother's basement" or anything to that extent - again, it's obvious I was joking about vaping, but I didn't cast judgment on the actual people here, as far as their choice to vape goes. Though to look at it has "net bullying" is a little off, in my opinion; bullying is acting with the intent of insulting or harming the other person or party. The dictionary definition being:
30d4216e6e.png

I wouldn't say I did any of those things, personally (and while maybe some liberties would be taken to account for being online rather than in-person, the point still stands).

think of it this way did you enjoy being the butt of a group joke. depending on the severity, the backlash could have led to a different viewpoint on jokes and social circles.
And this is an understandable and valid point - though, I don't know if I would quite draw that comparison. This wasn't a particular situation where there was a direct "butt of the joke" - I guess you could say the joke here was "vaping", but it wasn't by any means a personal attack directed at anyone. I understand the "taking it personal because vaping is a way of life" point, but at the same time, I never actually insulted a person FOR vaping.

plus pretending to not understand the written word while typing is both ironic and to some a form of lying.
I wouldn't really call it lying; it was a pretty obvious joke. The joke being that I was 1. responding to the comment in the first place, blatantly showcasing my ability to read and 2. writing, both in response to others and in general. If someone missed that joke, then that's on them, honestly. It should've been very obvious that I was kidding based on those two points I just mentioned. It'd be like going up to a grown adult with an apple, and calling it an orange. It should be pretty obvious that it's not actually an orange.

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
すまない。
well the funny part here is he said sorry. to bad he didn't include a google translate link. but stick to english from now on please

The thing is, I never explicitly criticized or belittled anyone for vaping - in fact, if it's used as an alternative to smoking, I'd encourage it. Obviously I talked about vaping in a joking matter, but I didn't insult anyone for vaping or say that they're stupid for vaping or anything like that. I never said anything like "I bet you stay home and vape all day in your mother's basement" or anything to that extent - again, it's obvious I was joking about vaping, but I didn't cast judgment on the actual people here, as far as their choice to vape goes. Though to look at it has "net bullying" is a little off, in my opinion; bullying is acting with the intent of insulting or harming the other person or party. The dictionary definition being:
30d4216e6e.png

I wouldn't say I did any of those things, personally (and while maybe some liberties would be taken to account for being online rather than in-person, the point still stands).

And this is an understandable and valid point - though, I don't know if I would quite draw that comparison. This wasn't a particular situation where there was a direct "butt of the joke" - I guess you could say the joke here was "vaping", but it wasn't by any means a personal attack directed at anyone. I understand the "taking it personal because vaping is a way of life" point, but at the same time, I never actually insulted a person FOR vaping.

I wouldn't really call it lying; it was a pretty obvious joke. The joke being that I was 1. responding to the comment in the first place, blatantly showcasing my ability to read and 2. writing, both in response to others and in general. If someone missed that joke, then that's on them, honestly. It should've been very obvious that I was kidding based on those two points I just mentioned. It'd be like going up to a grown adult with an apple, and calling it an orange. It should be pretty obvious that it's not actually an orange.

first i did not argue the fact about directly insulting them. Second the verb use to harass is to bully so it could be said that i was correct. finally while the orange is clearly an apple. the person bringing it to me and calling it an orange could be special and i don't want to offend them. so i would say thankls for the orange :D

Kishibe Rohan

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
MUD Slinger
first i did not argue the fact about directly insulting them.
I brought this up because you mentioned the "taking it personally" thing.

Second the verb use to harass is to bully so it could be said that i was correct. finally while the
Definition:
e6cebe0141.png

I wouldn't really call what I did "harassment", personally, given that I really wouldn't consider it "aggressive pressure or intimidation". My remarks may have been snarky, but I wouldn't go as far as to call them harassment.

finally while the orange is clearly an apple. the person bringing it to me and calling it an orange could be special and i don't want to offend them. so i would say thankls for the orange :D
That's a pretty hefty assumption to make, though. That being said, I was talking about you (or any other person) giving, not receiving, the apple.

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Definition:
e6cebe0141.png

I wouldn't really call what I did "harassment", personally, given that I really wouldn't consider it "aggressive pressure or intimidation". My remarks may have been snarky, but I wouldn't go as far as to call them harassment.

That's a pretty hefty assumption to make, though. That being said, I was talking about you (or any other person) giving, not receiving, the apple.
It'd be like going up to a grown adult with an apple, and calling it an orange
we are both wrong it was not to give or receive simply going up to.

well let's break it down a bit simply

Harass= repeated small scale attacks x by a group on an enemy.
Enemy= "the entitlement of the vaping member of a vaping forum" was the enemy or something like that or more generally the members who did not get the joke
the group = was your friends
repeated small attacks = the joke that not many got.

now while you don't classify it as such those who responded like they were personally attacked did feel the need to react / defend the group. ie the Vaping forum.

Now snarky is a more adapt definition. which in my book can be deftly used is small doses but too much gets annoying.

Kishibe Rohan

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
MUD Slinger
Harass= repeated small scale attacks x by a group on an enemy.
Enemy= "the entitlement of the vaping member of a vaping forum" was the enemy or something like that or more generally the members who did not get the joke
the group = was your friends
repeated small attacks = the joke that not many got.
This is taking it a bit too literally - nobody here was my enemy, though.

Now snarky is a more adapt definition. which in my book can be deftly used is small doses but too much gets annoying.
I mean, the whole point of this persona was to be snarky. The character I'm portraying, that is.

Higashikata Josuke

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
MUD Slinger
Good afternoon!! I would like to apologize for my behaviour
for me to sign up the forum was not the intent of rohan. I personally thought it would be amusing if i replied to his posts in character.
I have nothing against any of the users here or vaping. I wasn't trying to insult anyone here. I am sorry.

LucidiousRage

The "X Wick" Man!
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
Founding Vendor
VU Wholeseller
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
The thing is, I never explicitly criticized or belittled anyone for vaping - in fact, if it's used as an alternative to smoking, I'd encourage it. Obviously I talked about vaping in a joking matter, but I didn't insult anyone for vaping or say that they're stupid for vaping or anything like that. I never said anything like "I bet you stay home and vape all day in your mother's basement" or anything to that extent - again, it's obvious I was joking about vaping, but I didn't cast judgment on the actual people here, as far as their choice to vape goes. Though to look at it has "net bullying" is a little off, in my opinion; bullying is acting with the intent of insulting or harming the other person or party.

OK, so here is my take on this. And I have read ALL of your posts.

1) You seem like a much more intelligent and reasonable man than I first gave you credit for.

2) But with that intelligence, you should have been able to pick up on one very simple fact. You are on a Vaping Forum. Where people come to to discuss Vaping and the benefits thereof and are all centered around such.

3) This is NOT a playground for games or a stage for your role playing.

4) Joking about vaping, in the way that you chose to do, while it was not necessarily "insulting" to those who vape, it WAS insulting to what we are trying to do here on this forum and the purpose in which we are providing it for.

5) What you did, was much in the same of running into a weight watchers club and making fat jokes. While not directed directly at anyone, it WAS in fact insulting and as such warranted my responses to you and my actions against you. I will always protect my community from those who have no respect for the focus of what they are trying to do, especially here in this forum where THAT is the focus.

On a side note, to be honest, I'm disappointed that things went the way that they did BECAUSE you DO seem like a reasonably intelligent man. I have very little doubt after witnessing your intelligence that you could have actually used it to BENEFIT our cause and could have been a productive member of this forum had you applied some of that intelligence to your decision process of whether or not you should have posted in the fashion that you did. It is disappointing to me that you wasted your intelligence on a joke which resulted in you having very limited access to actually being able to use your intelligence for some good here.

I appreciate your apology and appreciate that you will take this message to heart and bring the focus BACK to what it should be in this forum.

Thank you.

LucidiousRage (I'm the guy who built this forum in the first place with CJ and with the input and guidance from Joe, Tyger, Smokie, and others)

Kishibe Rohan

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
MUD Slinger
Good afternoon!! I would like to apologize for my behaviour
for me to sign up the forum was not the intent of rohan. I personally thought it would be amusing if i replied to his posts in character.
I have nothing against any of the users here or vaping. I wasn't trying to insult anyone here. I am sorry.
This sentiment is shared on my part, too. I honestly do apologize to those that felt insulted - that was not my intent, and I apologize for doing so.

Kishibe Rohan

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
MUD Slinger
What you did, was much in the same of running into a weight watchers club and making fat jokes.
I do have an area of disagreement here, however. If someone made fat jokes, then it is targeted at fat people - it isn't targeted at the act of losing weight. The thing I joked about - vaping - is an action, and not a person. Fat people are people - losing weight is not. To that extent, people that vape are people - vaping is not. I did not joke about the people here that vape - nor did I throw criticism or insults at them for vaping.
The problem with that comparison is that being fat is a physical characteristic of a person - as such, a joke about being fat is aimed squarely on the person. Vaping, however, is solely an action - jokes about vaping aren't inherently aimed at people.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You don't want one. When you have one, you're limited to posting in the Mud Pit ONLY. You can't even see the rest of the forum, except announcements.

And you haven't slapped me with one yet? :confused:

Slackers. :p

(and I'm disappointed too... I thought this abomination of a thread had passed away quietly in its' sleep ;) )

I just joined.
This is my only experience with this site.
If this is what all of this site is like, I love it.
And if not, I'll probably go inactive for like, 20 years until I go through my old search history and find this again.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just joined.
This is my only experience with this site.
If this is what all of this site is like, I love it.
And if not, I'll probably go inactive for like, 20 years until I go through my old search history and find this again.
Sorry to disappoint but no, this site is not to be based on the rubbish this thread contains, and was moved to the area of our forum that holds such nonsense you may want to keep looking, see ya in 20

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And Brando likes to troll, we already told you and your friends how it was here.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bringing this back forward

OK, so here is my take on this. And I have read ALL of your posts.

1) You seem like a much more intelligent and reasonable man than I first gave you credit for.

2) But with that intelligence, you should have been able to pick up on one very simple fact. You are on a Vaping Forum. Where people come to to discuss Vaping and the benefits thereof and are all centered around such.

3) This is NOT a playground for games or a stage for your role playing.

4) Joking about vaping, in the way that you chose to do, while it was not necessarily "insulting" to those who vape, it WAS insulting to what we are trying to do here on this forum and the purpose in which we are providing it for.

5) What you did, was much in the same of running into a weight watchers club and making fat jokes. While not directed directly at anyone, it WAS in fact insulting and as such warranted my responses to you and my actions against you. I will always protect my community from those who have no respect for the focus of what they are trying to do, especially here in this forum where THAT is the focus.

On a side note, to be honest, I'm disappointed that things went the way that they did BECAUSE you DO seem like a reasonably intelligent man. I have very little doubt after witnessing your intelligence that you could have actually used it to BENEFIT our cause and could have been a productive member of this forum had you applied some of that intelligence to your decision process of whether or not you should have posted in the fashion that you did. It is disappointing to me that you wasted your intelligence on a joke which resulted in you having very limited access to actually being able to use your intelligence for some good here.

I appreciate your apology and appreciate that you will take this message to heart and bring the focus BACK to what it should be in this forum.

Thank you.

LucidiousRage (I'm the guy who built this forum in the first place with CJ and with the input and guidance from Joe, Tyger, Smokie, and others)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors