Become a Patron!

Hohm Tech Skillet

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vaporworld has a sale from now till the end of the year, 50% off with code WINTER50, the Slice LE for $29 :vino:

Saw that email too. Arg! That's probably another couple hundred I'll be spending! :gaah::giggle:

On a happier note, the 4 SE Slices I ordered all have perfectly fine power buttons, and the battery doors seem great too, so super happy about that. These I'll be reselling, but think I'll have to pick up a LE for myself, along with a bunch of stuff. I have been super impressed with VW, great ordering experience with them so far.:vino:

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually, boooo! Looks like they've changed their sales page. Less items, with the Slice not included. So, the 50% off coupon doesn't work for it. Also, they've raised their prices on at least some of the items on the sales page, so not quite as hot deals to be found as with the previous codes. :(

hpokuff

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi, noob vaper here. Recently decided to start vaping to help with quitting cigs. I heard about the SKILLET thru a buddy and decided i'd get a few as they seem to be what i'm looking for just starting out. Ordered 4 of them last week but only received 2, still waiting to hear back from them as to whats going on with that. Just wondering what other tanks or attachments would be good to get the best performance and effectiveness out of them.

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hi, noob vaper here. Recently decided to start vaping to help with quitting cigs and for an effective and efficient way to get my ********. I heard about the SKILLET thru a buddy and decided i'd get a few as they seem to be what i'm looking for just starting out. Ordered 4 of them last week but only received 2, still waiting to hear back from them as to whats going on with that. Just wondering what other tanks or attachments would be good to get the best performance and effectiveness out of them.
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/rules-of-the-forum.255/

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So, I got up today and my wife's skillet doesn't work. I plugged it in before bed it was dead but was working until the battery died. She took it off charge this morning and nothing. I plugged it back in and the light turned green to indicate full charge. Unplug it and try to turn it on and all it does is flash white lights. It doesn't a cruelly turn on. Hit the fire button 5 times again, and same thing, just flashing white light.

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi, noob vaper here. Recently decided to start vaping to help with quitting cigs. I heard about the SKILLET thru a buddy and decided i'd get a few as they seem to be what i'm looking for just starting out. Ordered 4 of them last week but only received 2, still waiting to hear back from them as to whats going on with that. Just wondering what other tanks or attachments would be good to get the best performance and effectiveness out of them.
Some of the ppl here have been using other tanks on their skillets, like the kayfun mini V3 if you wanted to get I to building your own coils. The nautilus mini would also be a nice tank on that mod as well.

hpokuff

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Some of the ppl here have been using other tanks on their skillets, like the kayfun mini V3 if you wanted to get I to building your own coils. The nautilus mini would also be a nice tank on that mod as well.

thx, not ready to start the rebuilding thing yet. any others out there that are top filling by chance.

jbone6977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You only received 2 of the 4 that you ordered? That sucks, have you heard back from them yet, are they taking care of you? Did your shipping info show 2 or 4?

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good luck getting ahold of them. Shit company imo. They've lost my future business for sure

hpokuff

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You only received 2 of the 4 that you ordered? That sucks, have you heard back from them yet, are they taking care of you? Did your shipping info show 2 or 4?

Just e-mailed them again, still waiting to hear back. Shipping info says 2 white and 2 black, they sent me 1 of each

jbone6977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just e-mailed them again, still waiting to hear back. Shipping info says 2 white and 2 black, they sent me 1 of each
That sucks, keep us posted, who knows maybe they will hook you up with some stuff to make up for fucking up. Good luck

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I wouldn't bank on getting a reply there, especially if being down those 2 has the potential to mess with your quit plan (if they were meant to be shared between more then yourself you'll need the extras to fill in the "my battery died so I smoked a cig" charging gap). For all the back and forth that went on over Hohmtech in the G2 thread, i think the one indisputable takeaway from all of that is Vaporcube's customer server is currently in a state of complete shit, and unless I missed the turnaround they still are not answering emails with the exception of one guy who raised hell to a Hohmtech rep.

Don't let getting caught up in that mess discourage you, and start working on Plan B if you need one. I've heard the Ego Aio isn't a bad if you do go that route.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just wondering what other tanks or attachments would be good to get the best performance and effectiveness out of them.

For the record I think you are also overthinking this part. That tank included with the Skillet is actually pretty solid imo, especially for a fresh noobie. Any difference in "performance" between that and something else like the Nautilus Mini isn't going to be the difference maker in whether or not you stop reaching for the cigs.

For most people I know their progression as far as tanks went had a lot more to do with an evolving preference towards wanting more and more airflow then it did thinking one tank performed so much better then another. So unless you already think that the skillet tank isn't offering you enough I wouldn't give any thought to "is something else out there better?". Again, having the backup battery is the much, much more crucial part of your quitting equation.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just wondering what other tanks or attachments would be good to get the best performance and effectiveness out of them.
Like it was stated above, the main thing is making the switch from analogs. Personally, I started with a iStick 30w and Nautilus mini. A week later I bought another mini and a regular size Nautilus. The mod/battery pack supplies the power needed to heat up the coil, the important part is the atomizer.
As someone who went from 2 packs a day to 100% vaping in three days, I can tell you, the tank makes a difference. Don't get taken by the vape shop guys selling you the HOT THING MAAAAN!!!!, go with what you're comfortable with. Stick around here, ask questions - there are no stupid questions, just stupid mistakes (and these are learning lessons). The Next Gen MTL tanks thread is one of the threads I'd look at, you'll get an idea of the tanks available.
Best of luck, keep us updated on your progress,after all, we're here to help each other.

hpokuff

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, after 6 e-mails and hearing nothing i decided to call Hohmtech. Talked to a guy there and told him situation. He said he would contact them and try to find out what was going on. Just got this...

Hi Aaron,

Just got word from VaporCube, they’ve been experiencing email issues they’re working to resolve. However, for the 2 missing Skillets, they refunded you those two and added a little premium to ensure shipping cost on those 2 were handled.

Sorry for the mix up, as Vaporcube is a good team, just human error on their end.

Glad to finally get some news as to wtf happened. Now just have to reorder for the ones i was suppose to get or maybe just take the $ and get a slice but not sure i'm ready for that yet. Thanks guys for all your help and advice.. keep on puffing \m/

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was vaping on a skillet at a bar last weekend. And I converted a smoker! I let him try it...and he asked alot of questions.. I told him where to buy and he took some pictures with his phone. He was very excited about it and loved the taste

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, after 6 e-mails and hearing nothing i decided to call Hohmtech. Talked to a guy there and told him situation. He said he would contact them and try to find out what was going on. Just got this...

Hi Aaron,

Just got word from VaporCube, they’ve been experiencing email issues they’re working to resolve. However, for the 2 missing Skillets, they refunded you those two and added a little premium to ensure shipping cost on those 2 were handled.

Sorry for the mix up, as Vaporcube is a good team, just human error on their end.

Glad to finally get some news as to wtf happened. Now just have to reorder for the ones i was suppose to get or maybe just take the $ and get a slice but not sure i'm ready for that yet. Thanks guys for all your help and advice.. keep on puffing \m/

Good to hear you got it worked out.

Unless you don't really care about the $$$ I'd skip on the Slice for now since buying that adds additional costs to the equation. Namely a good charger and 2 quality batteries, which are 2 areas you really don't want to skimp out on (a common noobie mistake).

Give the Skillet a trial run first. You can always start buying the more intense/expensive stuff latter if you find yourself firmly committing to vaping.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was vaping on a skillet at a bar last weekend. And I converted a smoker! I let him try it...and he asked alot of questions.. I told him where to buy and he took some pictures with his phone. He was very excited about it and loved the taste

1 more for the good guys.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As someone who went from 2 packs a day to 100% vaping in three days, I can tell you, the tank makes a difference.

It can/does, but in this case that Skillet tank doesn't suck so for the most part any actual difference to a first time vaper is going to be minimal imo.

Heck, I even took one of my extra Skillets to work tonight just to show somebody one, and spent the night exclusively using it. I usually vape an Aromimizer Supreme. I didn't do any crying.

This thing is like heaven compared to what I quit with lol.

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It can/does, but in this case that Skillet tank doesn't suck so for the most part any actual difference to a first time vaper is going to be minimal imo.

Heck, I even took one of my extra Skillets to work tonight just to show somebody one, and spent the night exclusively using it. I usually vape an Aromimizer Supreme. I didn't do any crying.

This thing is like heaven compared to what I quit with lol.

Have you been using it to have a sense of how the battery is holding up?

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll have to differ, for a first time user tank selection makes the difference between sticking with vaping and going back to analogs. Yes, the Skillet tank is good and it will make due for a start, but a Nautilus mini would be better IMHO and a Kayfun mini v3 better still.

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can we all agree that the skillet blows the socks off an ego pen... or a kanger evod? I have had both....and i now vape on regular mods and what not...but the skillet does surprisingly well for me. Battery lasts forever...good vapor good flavor and super easy to use

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think the only other small one that holds a candle to it is the Joyetech aio... the aio runs very similar to it...and has super cheap and available coils... the fact I can't buy coils locally is the reason I don't use my skillet often

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you been using it to have a sense of how the battery is holding up?

Nah, not personally. Going by the people I know who have one (who I all advised buy a second to have on stand bye) so far so good though I guess. About what you'd expect out of a good 2500mah battery.

That said my only real complaint, if you would call it that, is that it does feel kinda cheap. In a "don't expect this to hold up for 6 months+" type of way.

But it is an ego and costs 6.99...so yeah. Plus keeping the initial costs as low as possible can be somewhat of a crucial sell to getting people to make the switch imo. I only advise people to move beyond the KISS (keep it stupid simple) principle once they actually find themselves fully committing. Which again, if they can't/don't do with this setup they probably are not going to anyway. At least then they are not out a bunch of $$$.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Nah, not personally. Going by the people I know who have one (who I all advised buy a second to have on stand bye) so far so good though I guess. About what you'd expect out of a good 2500mah battery.
So which one is it????

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So which one is it????

Both. I just don't see myself being able to adequately answer his question based on one night's use while at work.

If i did I might as well get into the youtube reviewing game, and then just stretch that one night i spent with it into a been using it for 2+ weeks claim while i try to rapid fire them out in the name of getting free stuff ;)

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Both. I just don't see myself being able to adequately answer his question based on one night's use while at work.

If i did I might as well get into the youtube reviewing game, and then just stretch that one night i spent with it into a been using it for 2+ weeks claim while i try to rapid fire them out in the name of getting free stuff ;)

I understood you perfectly. ;)

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's actually sitting on my desk now, but I'm only hitting it here and there since i put new peach cobbler diy creation in it that isn't really grabbing my attention.

Plus I got a couple Crius at the same time, so they are getting some love too.

hpokuff

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi guys. hope you all are doing well. been having a good time vaping since i started, Have had only 4 cigs and zero in the past 10 days, yay. Are there any other coils that can be used with the skillets and if not is there any way of cleaning them to get some extra life out of them? Also, i have nothing to compare it to so was wondering how the flavor and vapor production are compared to a better setup.

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi guys. hope you all are doing well. been having a good time vaping since i started, Have had only 4 cigs and zero in the past 10 days, yay. Are there any other coils that can be used with the skillets and if not is there any way of cleaning them to get some extra life out of them? Also, i have nothing to compare it to so was wondering how the flavor and vapor production are compared to a better setup.
Congrats!
There's not really a way to clean them. There are people on YouTube that say you can clean them by soaking in vodka or certain rubbing alcohols. I've never tried it. From what I have read here the only coils for it are the ones from hohmtech. As for flavor I can't comment too much because I haven't used it very much nor have I used it with a juice that I was really used to. Vapor production is pretty good. Not like you'll get out of an rta or something like the tfv4/v8 with a high powered mod but not bad for what it is. If it's doing the trick then keep with it but maybe if you feel that you want to try something else then don't hesitate to try new things.

I'm sure if someone has a way of cleaning coils they will let you know as well as if someone has found another coil that will work in it.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Awesome progress and good to hear :)

I wouldn't really bother with the cleaning methods you'll find on youtube. Leaving you the choice is to either buy more coils (not sure anything else but the skillet brand works in them), or look into beginning rebuilding if you want to start cutting out most of the coil replacement cost long term.

Flavor is always going to be subjective going device to device, and more airflow will help with the vapor production. Are you already vaping your Skillet tank with the air holes wide open?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
For those that like the form factor of the Skillet you may want to check this review out.
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/299614/
I've had this thing for a couple of weeks and I absolutely love it. This and the Slice are easily my most used mods now.
ff2481fb1b203328072696ec06418c01.jpg

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all it's flavour.

-William Cowper

hpokuff

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the input and encouragement. I had originally thought about rebuilding eventually, as it does look linteresting and fun, but after watching countless vids I honestly dont think i'd be able to do it safely and successfully. I don't have the steadiness of hands needed to do it properly due to an auto accident in '91 that left me confined to wheelchair and i have spasms and tremors that i can't control. I figured that the coils that come with it were the only ones you could use but never hurts to ask. I sometimes vape with airflow wide open but seem to lose some flavor when i do. They are nice lil setups but i know i will be wanting/needing something more in the future, but for now it will work for me just fine. Just trying to see if i could save a few bucks towards some diff. equipment but i suppose 10 or so dollars a month for new coils isnt to bad. Thanks again and vape on. \m/

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I know I asked already about anyone having leaking with 50/50 juice. But how about the 1 ohm coil? Is anyone using those? I'd so are you getting any leaking?
In mine I was running the 0.5 ohm coil and my parents and my wife were using the 1 ohm ones and theirs leaked and mine never. I was wondering if anyone has noticed the same?

spdy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I use the 1 ohm coil exclusively and have had no leaking. I'm still on my first and its been almost a month.

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I use the 1 ohm coil exclusively and have had no leaking. I'm still on my first and its been almost a month.
Thx.
I donno what's going on with the ones I ordered then. It's strange.
Did you use the one that came in the package or did you use one out of a pack of five

hpokuff

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
mine will leak occasionally, usually soon after i refill the tank, but then again im still learning and dont know a whole lot yet. also do you guys know where to get replacement o-rings for these and how easy or hard they are to replace?

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
mine will leak occasionally, usually soon after i refill the tank, but then again im still learning and dont know a whole lot yet. also do you guys know where to get replacement o-rings for these and how easy or hard they are to replace?
Theirs leak mainly while using it.
I don't k ow if you can buy oring kits for them. It would have been nice to have them included tho. Most tanks do

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Okay, so I got an orange one to match my G1.5 and G2. I didn't realize there wasn't an RBA attachment included. Are they available?

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What do you mean by rba? The tank? As far as coils go....there are just two choices of prefab coils...and no rba for this tank.

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anybody find coils that work in the skillet other than factory ones?

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pay attention to your coils!!!!

I decided I wanted to do a little tootle puffin this afternoon so I grabbed the skillet and installed a new coil. As I was priming the coil I noticed something odd looking on the top, inside of the coil. I stuck my my bottle tip in and pulled this out! Really would've suck to swallow this or worse sucked that shit into my lungs! :confused:

Pay attention to your coils, please.

VU Sponsors