Become a Patron!

Hohm Tech Skillet

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
oh I'm excited my skillet will be here tmrw! so where is a good place to buy coils for it? as I did not order any with the skillet.

Stuff for sale...Inquire within.
The coils they had at vaporcube.com were like $15 for a 5 pack, when I need coils I will just buy 2 more skillets instead...lol

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If the CL/CLR coils fit, then you sorta, kinda, mighta coulda have a rebuildable kind of a thing. If they don't fit, then it's like the Classy dude above said.:cheers:

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
If the CL/CLR coils fit, then you sorta, kinda, mighta coulda have a rebuildable kind of a thing. If they don't fit, then it's like the Classy dude above said.:cheers:
I'd be interested in knowing if other coils work in the tank as well

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Waffle Baron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I'd love to get a couple of these, just hate buying coil packs. I'd be interested to know if any other coils fit it.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone know if the FSK board in the Skillet will actually TC the tank dry? I filled it up yesterday and have used it continuously but still have 3/4 of the tank left. I want to see if it will give dry hit or tc it when the tank is empty but at this rate it might not be until tomorrow.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just had a chance to try the CL/CLR coils, no luck! The bottom will thread in the base but the top is just slightly larger diameter so it doesn't fit in the tube/chimney.
@mjag , I'm not sure if it TCs or not but I did notice a decreased amount of vapor once there was just about 5 drops of juice in the tank. I'm using the 1.0 ohm coil and a very narrow bore drip tip, afc closed completely for all practical purposes. It is a fair MTL.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Anyone know if the FSK board in the Skillet will actually TC the tank dry? I filled it up yesterday and have used it continuously but still have 3/4 of the tank left. I want to see if it will give dry hit or tc it when the tank is empty but at this rate it might not be until tomorrow.
I'm pretty sure there is no TC in the skillet. it'll likely dry hit

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know Jack didly about the skillet, I bought one because it was under ten dolla. I'll figure it out when it shows up today.

does it TC? how...?

BuryTheSun

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm liking these little units. I haven't tried the 0.5 coil yet. The 1.0 definitely a nice stealthy discreet vape though. I can't believe how small the juice feed holes are in the coil. Seems like it should be a dry hit slow wicking machine but it's not. All in all, no way you can beat what we got for the price.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
how long does the battery need to charge out of box?

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i didn't time it but it was pretty fast.
It's been about an hour now, light is still red. I went ahead and tried the tank and 1.ohm coil on my g2. Easy mtl tank! This will be a good "nic" juice setup!

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
af5b5da4d7f2f87a5944bbac43033347.jpg

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
1ohm coil is like vaping air lol
I'm going to have to try the other coil that came with it.
I remember when I first started vaping a 1.5 coil was almost too much vape. now my sweet spot is between .25-.05ohms lol

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It is an enjoyable little bastard....lol. not going to replace my big rigs anytime soon but I ain't mad when using it!

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk
I bought one each for my parents to get them off the analogs and one each for me and my wife for our trips down south. If a $9 (canadian) unit gets confiscated at a boarder check then it's not a big deal. If my G2 and mage got picked up I'd be awful pissed!

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Compared to the SMOK brit one mega kit the Skillet is not as cloudy but a little better flavor wise. The SMOK kit also doesn't wick as well, I can get the starting of a dry hit on my 3rd hit, the skillet you can chain vape with no dry hits.

Definitely a solid steal for $7, the trick is to get replacement coils for a steal, if not just buy another skillet when you need more coils.....lol

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Compared to the SMOK brit one mega kit the Skillet is not as cloudy but a little better flavor wise. The SMOK kit also doesn't wick as well, I can get the starting of a dry hit on my 3rd hit, the skillet you can chain vape with no dry hits.

Definitely a solid steal for $7, the trick is to get replacement coils for a steal, if not just buy another skillet when you need more coils.....lol

I'm just hoping it's good enough of MTL for my parents to quit smoking.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I'm just hoping it's good enough of MTL for my parents to quit smoking.
I got one for my mom as well. Hoping she sticks to it. She's been smoking for like 30 years

pagandevil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just ordered one of the Tiffany blue ones for my sister. She agreed to try to quit the cancer sticks, so I got her one of these. Great deal from what I understand is a good little device. If it's built to the quality of the g2, she might never need anything else, unless like me she catches the vaping bug

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can it run 80vg? Or does it need something thinner?

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got my skillets a couple days ago. Made a flavorless mix of 20% PG and 80% VG. Works and wicks just fine; no dry hits yet. The holes in the coil heads look very small but they do the job. Saw a youtube video and the reviewer also said that he had no problem with higher VG wicking. I mixed flavorless just to see how long one of the coil heads will last before I go out and buy a box or two of replacements. (I'm using the 0.5 coil for this one.)

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was using a kanger tech top evod for car and the bar...but I just ordered one of these and I am excited!!!

CajunCanuck

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Ran 80/20 in it all day, yesterday...no dry hits....and battery lasted surprisingly well........using the .5ohm coil....can't beat it for a $7 work beater.......Now I need similar killer deal on the Slice.....:)

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I was going to get coils since my husband burned one of mine whole I was gone but it was cheaper to just buy another Skillet. So I got two. For $25. Shipped. And 4 more coils. This sale is going to be the death of my vape budget.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got my skillet yesterday. For a small mod this vapes really great. It might be my go to vehicle mod! It vapes so good I want another one.

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hard to go wrong with that sale going on. And it's really an excellent little vape. Plus if I leave it in a hotel room or anything I'm not going to cry over it. Win. Win.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors