Become a Patron!

Hohm Slice

happy valley

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sho had me searchin' LOL

Vaporcube now has Red, Blue, Orange, and Silver in stock(SE). G2flashx1 code is still good for 50% off. $65 is still a great price.

I really want a red LE, though. :rolleyes:

Heh, I have a red G2 LE in my hand right now reading your post........just kidding on mjag there earlier but I do miss that spell last fall when the 3 G2's I have were $44.97, shipped under 50 bucks.

priest2705

Member For 4 Years
I ordered a Slice when I saw someone post about the deal on reddit. I've been wanting one for a couple months and couldn't pass it up. Should be here on Friday, can't wait. Just spending my time watching videos on YouTube and reading posts about it

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If you got a blue one, my advice, get a wrap for it straight away, this is mine after 6 weeks, the paint just rubs off it, but still using it, as the vape is so good from that chip ;)

TckUIrn.jpg
Always late to the game me...
I just ordered a Blue SE, for $30 how could I not own one...

I can see the slice eventually ending up like my Minikin Raw. :D

priest2705

Member For 4 Years
I ordered mine on Tues, regular shipping, and it's out for delivery already. Shipping from VaporWorld is impressive. Can't wait to start playing with it. Amusing myself by watching the 2nd PBusardo video right now while I wait (impatiently) for the mailman to show up

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered mine on Tues, regular shipping, and it's out for delivery already. Shipping from VaporWorld is impressive. Can't wait to start playing with it. Amusing myself by watching the 2nd PBusardo video right now while I wait (impatiently) for the mailman to show up

I like PBrusardo but the FSK chip works different than most other mods.

Here is a primer to get you started and a lot of helpful people in case you get stuck:

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hohm-wrecker-g2-and-slice-first-time-users-guide.292147/

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I like PBrusardo but the FSK chip works different than most other mods.

Here is a primer to get you started and a lot of helpful people in case you get stuck:

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hohm-wrecker-g2-and-slice-first-time-users-guide.292147/
I highly recommend to anyone that bought a Slice during the sale to READ THAT THREAD! It will save you a lot of frustration in the long run.

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all it's flavour.

-William Cowper

Last edited:

priest2705

Member For 4 Years
I highly recommend to anyone that bought a Slice during the sale to READ THAT THREAD! It will save you a lot of frustration in the long run.

-William Cowper

Trust me, I've read that thread several times since I ordered, and read it again today while I waited. I've had my Slice for about 6 hours and already in love with it. Followed the advice on setting up the FSK curve, and have been happily vaping away in TC with Kanthal in my Limitless RDTA and SS316 on my Goon clone. It's a smooth vape in both, and I love the number of options. It's what drew me to the DNA chips. I'll probably be using the Slice as my work mod instead of my VT75 or Alien. I was a bit intimidated about running the update (didn't come with 1.2.4), but that was drop dead easy to do. It's a great mod, outside of some button rattle.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Trust me, I've read that thread several times since I ordered, and read it again today while I waited. I've had my Slice for about 6 hours and already in love with it. Followed the advice on setting up the FSK curve, and have been happily vaping away in TC with Kanthal in my Limitless RDTA and SS316 on my Goon clone. It's a smooth vape in both, and I love the number of options. It's what drew me to the DNA chips. I'll probably be using the Slice as my work mod instead of my VT75 or Alien. I was a bit intimidated about running the update (didn't come with 1.2.4), but that was drop dead easy to do. It's a great mod, outside of some button rattle.
Glad to hear that. Enjoy!

Here's a review I just did. Any Star Wars peeps out there? Check it out.

http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/309645/

-William Cowper

priest2705

Member For 4 Years
Glad to hear that. Enjoy!

Here's a review I just did. Any Star Wars peeps out there? Check it out.

http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/309645/

-William Cowper

Thanks. Now, I'm considering getting a G2 for a desk mod (damn y'all). I saw the FSK chip on a site for about $57 as I recall. I wonder how difficult it would be to make an FSK squonker with it? Has anyone made a custom mod with the FSK chip?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks. Now, I'm considering getting a G2 for a desk mod (damn y'all). I saw the FSK chip on a site for about $57 as I recall. I wonder how difficult it would be to make an FSK squonker with it? Has anyone made a custom mod with the FSK chip?
Time will tell. There's a few peeps looking for a mod like that.

-William Cowper

Mundo

Member For 4 Years
mjag, now that looks clean! What tool did you use? When I see yours, and 'turtles, I wonder why Hohmtech didn't offer 'no finish' as an option... although I guess they never expected many of their mods to lose their finishes.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Did a brushed finish on mine, much easier to get the paint off with the brush attachment.

The fire button is a bronzish color which looks a little odd.

0962184d793f9ff300b7f9d9e5e15e53.jpg
9bd4d042f325a6b282e0ef45c2b24928.jpg
78babb7729fc494e79e715c58d440170.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
That is badass looking. I'm thinking about sending you the Battle Axe so you can do mine. Lol.

-William Cowper

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
mjag, now that looks clean! What tool did you use? When I see yours, and 'turtles, I wonder why Hohmtech didn't offer 'no finish' as an option... although I guess they never expected many of their mods to lose their finishes.
I have a polishing lathe in my garage and have a wheel I use on it that I think was made to remove paint. Decided to use that to remove the paint and figured the finish looked good to boot. I do prefer turtles mirrored finish though, I am just being lazy and wanted to get it over with asap...lol

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is badass looking. I'm thinking about sending you the Battle Axe so you can do mine. Lol.

-William Cowper
Lol, thanks bro.

I would offer the service if I ever wanted to do it again, took longer than I was expecting. If you were local I would gladly invite you over to use my polishing lathe....lol

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

http://thecloudyvapor.com/product/hohm-tech-g2-fsk-chip/

Cheaper to buy a Slice in a discount and break it for parts, unless you need over 100 watts. It's a great board and I would guess most people don't vape all day at 100 watts plus. Parallel 18650s would give you a good power source but that would need a big enclosure if it was a squonker.

DavidOH

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
http://thecloudyvapor.com/product/hohm-tech-g2-fsk-chip/

Cheaper to buy a Slice in a discount and break it for parts, unless you need over 100 watts. It's a great board and I would guess most people don't vape all day at 100 watts plus. Parallel 18650s would give you a good power source but that would need a big enclosure if it was a squonker.

Thought about doing something like that but haven't figured out what I could put it in.

priest2705

Member For 4 Years
Thought about doing something like that but haven't figured out what I could put it in.

I was actually thinking the same thing. And ran into the same conundrum. I'm sure that a Hammond enclosure could be used, or maybe a 3d printed box would work. I've got a Cllodmaker Whiteout DNA200, but I rarely used it once I got my VT75. When I use my Alien, it never goes above 60W, and I'm pretty much always on TC with the Slice, so 100W is more than enough.

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well the Blue SE Slice arrived today from VC, nice and quick!

Upon opening it, the case screws were loose and the USB was offset. Almost makes me think this was a refurbished unit. :huh:
The short flat USB cable was just folded over in its space with no tie wrap, but it really didn't need one I guess considering the size.
Shrink wrap was all intact but it's real easy to reshrink a box...

Firmware 1.2.1 was factory installed and after tightening the case screws, I updated it to 1.2.4.
Screwed on the Crius+ with dual simple Tiger coils and popped in a Hohm Grown 26650.
Vaping excellent at 85W for the moment going to play with xXx in a bit. :bliss:

The door was rocking and wobbling around so I took it off and applied a little bend pressure to the needed areas. Now it's rock solid against the frame with no space, no wobble or tape required. That's a good thing about zinc, you can adjust it fairly easily by hand when it isn't too thick.

Sorry for the poor webcam photo, HT gear deserves better photos! :giggle:

Slice.jpg

rckVape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Do all the slices do this?
My blue is shot. I'm gonna sand it tocthe metal and spray clear on it.
I just ordered another black one. And my red was used the first time today. I'd have to have to paint them all one day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Do all the slices do this?
My blue is shot. I'm gonna sand it tocthe metal and spray clear on it.
I just ordered another black one. And my red was used the first time today. I'd have to have to paint them all one day

Unfortunately yes, they all do.

-William Cowper

rckVape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I bought the jwrap but then decided not to put it on ... instead figured I would just take all the paint off. Here's how it came out ...

54f9f7641df0c904fc6bd1513c4acfeb.jpg
1a182fe36a5b53cc37cdfaf685d6e74b.jpg
effac7c54b5a158c189b3399cc671d43.jpg

It wasn't too hard to do ... just just carefully used some chemical stripper and then 1000 grit sandpaper. I had to take it apart to get to the faceplate and the buttons. Again, this wasn't difficult... just removed the two screws inside the battery compartment and lifted off the piece holding things together.

daa02c1b635d3eaa26c96db4e8c0314c.jpg

The plastic screen cover is lightly set with adhesive but you can gently pry it out from inside. Also protected the board and internals from dust and chemical by pushing them out of the way and covering with cloth.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Posted a reply before seeing this.
I'm gonna do this project. Shouldn't take long. Looks awesome man

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Posted a reply before seeing this.
I'm gonna do this project. Shouldn't take long. Looks awesome man

When I saw his and turtles I said shit, my paint isn't even bad but I gotta try it and glad I did. Someone mentioned hohmtech should have offered a raw edition, there so right...lol

778ff0a8031f1427e268aedd34cfcd4f.jpg
4d6a80387070c3da69f86cab3395d160.jpg

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is awesome looking! Is the "brush attachment" just something I could buy and use with a drill? Have an amazon link or something? Sorry, I'm not too experienced with tools and their attachments. :oops:

Mundo

Member For 4 Years
When I saw his and turtles I said shit, my paint isn't even bad but I gotta try it and glad I did. Someone mentioned hohmtech should have offered a raw edition, there so right...lol

778ff0a8031f1427e268aedd34cfcd4f.jpg
4d6a80387070c3da69f86cab3395d160.jpg

Hope your project turned out well, rck! IMO, the Slice just works too well to not do something about the lousy paint job.

Did you give your mod a clear coat? If so, how is it holding up?

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is awesome looking! Is the "brush attachment" just something I could buy and use with a drill? Have an amazon link or something? Sorry, I'm not too experienced with tools and their attachments. :oops:

I have had this attachment for so long I am not sure it is still available but I am pretty sure I got it at Harbor Freight. I think it is a paint removal attachment but there is no text or markings on it, I got it for a project 5 or 6 years ago to add a brushed finish and it worked out well.

About to hit the sack but if I find it online somewhere I will post the link.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hope your project turned out well, rck! IMO, the Slice just works too well to not do something about the lousy paint job.

Did you give your mod a clear coat? If so, how is it holding up?

A clear coat would be wise but I really suck at painting so skipped that part...lol. It is holding up well though, if I run into problems I will let you know.

Thanks by the way for posting your pics, you and turtle were definitely what inspired me to do the same

Mundo

Member For 4 Years
A clear coat would be wise but I really suck at painting so skipped that part...lol. It is holding up well though, if I run into problems I will let you know.

Thanks by the way for posting your pics, you and turtle were definitely what inspired me to do the same
Thanks, mjag! I'm glad you liked the pics. Sorry for missing it was you I was responding to... first night on daylight savings time and I was half asleep. I've really learned a lot from all of your posts

Hope your Slice continues to hold up.

Last edited:

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks, mjag! I'm glad you liked the pics. Sorry for missing it was you I was responding to... first night on daylight savings time and I was half asleep. I've really learned a lot from all of your posts

Hope your Slice continues to hold up.

Daylight savings always jacks me up too for the first week or 2...haha

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I just found this and the tool I used looks like the grey wheel on left: http://www.harborfreight.com/2-in-conditioningstripping-kit-69777.html

Warning to all those that want to try it, Zinc Alloy is a soft metal so go at it with a soft hand. The paint around the front faceplate is going to be tough to get out with big tool, might want to look into a paint remover first. You can get the paint out in the grooves but you have to be patient, if you just grind it in there you can knock down or make wavy the taller areas.

You do have to remove the board to get the buttons out and once the board is removed you can push the screen out from the inside. I left the 510 in mine because I am not the best at using a soldering iron and covered the board with plastic to keep dust out.

Please use a respirator so you don't get the paint and metal fragments in your lungs.

Mundo

Member For 4 Years
I just found this and the tool I used looks like the grey wheel on left: http://www.harborfreight.com/2-in-conditioningstripping-kit-69777.html

Warning to all those that want to try it, Zinc Alloy is a soft metal so go at it with a soft hand. The paint around the front faceplate is going to be tough to get out with big tool, might want to look into a paint remover first. You can get the paint out in the grooves but you have to be patient, if you just grind it in there you can knock down or make wavy the taller areas.

You do have to remove the board to get the buttons out and once the board is removed you can push the screen out from the inside. I left the 510 in mine because I am not the best at using a soldering iron and covered the board with plastic to keep dust out.

Please use a respirator so you don't get the paint and metal fragments in your lungs.
Thanks, mjag! This will make the job go quicker.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just placed my order for a Silver Slice Standard Edison. (everyone know Silver hits the hardest:shades:) http://www.vaporcube.com/hardware/hohm-slice-101w-temperature-control-box-mod.html Used the code - SLICEPRICE - for 50% off. So with shipping $34.26. What's not to like? Guess I best get on IMR and order a couple 26650's.:)
Silver only hits the hardest on the G2. On the the Slice it's the red that hits the hardest. This is indeed a well established fact in this thread and the G2 thread. Lmao. Oh yeah teal is the weakest of all the HT mods. Lmfao!

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all its flavour.

-William Cowper

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Silver only hits the hardest on the G2. On the the Slice it's the red that hits the hardest. This is indeed a well established fact in this thread and the G2 thread. Lmao. Oh yeah teal is the weakest of all the HT mods. Lmfao!

-William Cowper
I always thought you guys were joking about that.Not sure a mods color makes it harder still.But I'm thinking I'll get a black 1.The red 1 looks orange to me at least on that website it does.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I always thought you guys were joking about that.Not sure a mods color makes it harder still.But I'm thinking I'll get a black 1.The red 1 looks orange to me at least on that website it does.
Lol, it is a joke that goes waaayyy back to the beginning of the G2 thread. For the record there is absolutely no proof that different colored HT mods hit harder or softer than others. Lol. The red Slice is really red. Like a fire engine red.
cfb9d59b342a4103e5d48d6b1244fb4f.jpg

-William Cowper

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol, it is a joke that goes waaayyy back to the beginning of the G2 thread. For the record there is absolutely no proof that different colored HT mods hit harder or softer than others. Lol.

-William Cowper
Man I feel really silly now.Maybe some sleep will help...Cheers!

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm thinking a pair of https://www.imrbatteries.com/mxjo-imr-26650-3500mah-35a-3-7v-rechargeable-flat-top-battery/ and a pack of these https://www.advancedvapesupply.com/...r-430-10-pack-of-clapton-coils-26g-30g-430-ss in 6 wrap 3.0mil size. Some say the 2.5mil gives better flavor but I don't know about that. I've only been using TC for a few months or so. These will be my first SS coils.

I'm going to pick up a pair of these to replace my pair of HT Hohm Grown 26650.
https://liionwholesale.com/products...200mah-genuine-and-tested?variant=30475399569

DavidOH

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm going to pick up a pair of these to replace my pair of HT Hohm Grown 26650.
https://liionwholesale.com/products...200mah-genuine-and-tested?variant=30475399569

I may have gone with those but IMR didn't have them. My Silver Slice shipped today. Should be here Friday. I ordered a 10 pack SS 316L (26g/30g 3mm/5wrap) Clapton coils from advancevapesupply and they shipped today. Now if IMR will get the 2 mxjo 26560 and the 2 VTC6 batteries shipped I'll be happy. Be nice if I could have all of it by Friday.:)

priest2705

Member For 4 Years
Likely already old news, but this gives me hope for a different mod with FSK chip.
http://imgur.com/a/NDjtf

I've been talking to David (the guy who made it) on reddit, he's given me some ideas for building an FSK squonker. I've got a beater Slice that I bought from a fellow redditor on the way with the intention of pulling the chip from it and going from there

VU Sponsors