Become a Patron!

Hohm Slice

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you got a blue one, my advice, get a wrap for it straight away, this is mine after 6 weeks, the paint just rubs off it, but still using it, as the vape is so good from that chip ;)

TckUIrn.jpg

Mundo

Member For 4 Years
Completely agree with Nails... I have three Slices but have only used my first one... black. After two months the paint has mostly flaked off... I just finished sanding it with 600 grit paper to prepare it for a wrap.
Hey, has anyone used a J-wrap for their Slice? How's the fit/quality?

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Completely agree with Nails... I have three Slices but have only used my first one... black. After two months the paint has mostly flaked off... I just finished sanding it with 600 grit paper to prepare it for a wrap.
Hey, has anyone used a J-wrap for their Slice? How's the fit/quality?

Hey, do you have a pic of it all sanded down?

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all it's flavour.

-William Cowper

Mundo

Member For 4 Years
0aef3fd49ac656ce3a7eda6d5ea7cb02.jpg

I haven't sanded it to all bare metal... just did enough to make it smooth so the wrap will adhere.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
0aef3fd49ac656ce3a7eda6d5ea7cb02.jpg

I haven't sanded it to all bare metal... just did enough to make it smooth so the wrap will adhere.

If you wind up doing the whole thing do me a favor and snap a pic before you wrap it.

-William Cowper

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So yeah I broke down and ordered one of these, and two batteries to go with it. After all these years I'm finally going to try a 26650 mod

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Did you get the Hohm 26650s? I didn't see it on their website.

Sent from somewhere in Vietnam.

happy valley

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No. I got basen batteries from another site.

I'm using the Basen 26mm also, purchased at Liion, which I have nothing but good things to say about, great service, bought all my batts and charger from them, last order on a Wed. arrived that Fri.
But I'm curious about the Basens, they don't seem to have the charge life I thought I'd get, and using a Nitecore i4 I can't get them to charge all the way to100%, more like 98/99%, at least with the initial 5 or 6 charge cycles thus far. No issues with the i4 charger with 18mm batteries. Any similar experience or comments on the 26650 Basens?

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I'm using the Basen 26mm also, purchased at Liion, which I have nothing but good things to say about, great service, bought all my batts and charger from them, last order on a Wed. arrived that Fri.
But I'm curious about the Basens, they don't seem to have the charge life I thought I'd get, and using a Nitecore i4 I can't get them to charge all the way to100%, more like 98/99%, at least with the initial 5 or 6 charge cycles thus far. No similar issues with the i4 charger with 18mm batteries. Any similar experience or comments on the 26650 Basens?
i've been using basens in my slice. no issues whatsoever pesonally

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
But I'm curious about the Basens, they don't seem to have the charge life I thought I'd get, and using a Nitecore i4 I can't get them to charge all the way to100%, more like 98/99%, at least with the initial 5 or 6 charge cycles thus far. No similar issues with the i4 charger with 18mm batteries. Any similar experience or comments on the 26650 Basens?

Make sure the I4 is set to charge to 4.2v. It's supposed to do it automatically, but I fiddled with mine when I first got it and had it set to 3.7v. Oopsey, lol.

happy valley

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Make sure the I4 is set to charge to 4.2v. It's supposed to do it automatically, but I fiddled with mine when I first got it and had it set to 3.7v. Oopsey, lol.

Yup thanks, no problems with the charger though.

pagandevil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Once I start using them I'll let you know how they work for me.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Mundo

Member For 4 Years
If you wind up doing the whole thing do me a favor and snap a pic before you wrap it.

-William Cowper
I bought the jwrap but then decided not to put it on ... instead figured I would just take all the paint off. Here's how it came out ...

54f9f7641df0c904fc6bd1513c4acfeb.jpg
1a182fe36a5b53cc37cdfaf685d6e74b.jpg
effac7c54b5a158c189b3399cc671d43.jpg

It wasn't too hard to do ... just just carefully used some chemical stripper and then 1000 grit sandpaper. I had to take it apart to get to the faceplate and the buttons. Again, this wasn't difficult... just removed the two screws inside the battery compartment and lifted off the piece holding things together.

daa02c1b635d3eaa26c96db4e8c0314c.jpg

The plastic screen cover is lightly set with adhesive but you can gently pry it out from inside. Also protected the board and internals from dust and chemical by pushing them out of the way and covering with cloth.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I bought the jwrap but then decided not to put it on ... instead figured I would just take all the paint off. Here's how it came out ...

It wasn't too hard to do ... just just carefully used some chemical stripper and then 1000 grit sandpaper. I had to take it apart to get to the faceplate and the buttons. Again, this wasn't difficult... just removed the two screws inside the battery compartment and lifted off the piece holding things together.

The plastic screen cover is lightly set with adhesive but you can gently pry it out from inside. Also protected the board and internals from dust and chemical by pushing them out of the way and covering with cloth.

That looks pretty badass. Definitely digging it.

-William Cowper

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That looks pretty badass. Definitely digging it.

-William Cowper

This is why I bought a black slice. Something to throw a wrap on. This.. makes me want to move forward with doing so! Well done! Looks fantastic and bad ass! Kudos brother!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mundo

Member For 4 Years
This is why I bought a black slice. Something to throw a wrap on. This.. makes me want to move forward with doing so! Well done! Looks fantastic and bad ass! Kudos brother!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey Midwest, thanks for your post ! As much as I try , I just can't find a reason to move away from the Slice ... the rest of my mods are just gathering dust.

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I have done same except for the faceplate been using it a couple of weeks like that to see if it will need a respray or will be ok as bare metal, still undecided. It does feel nice as bare metal but it does also discolour a bit with usage...will try some polishing on it see if can get super shiny I think before I commit to bare or re-paint.

Mundo

Member For 4 Years
13eb9faf2023d5877d2d2a5fb0963099.jpg

What it looks like before doing some deep polishing.

0c7c28549ba3772ad4fa40c74eb61579.jpg

Looks like it will do shiny pretty well.
Whoah...That looks really great ! How did you polish it to get that kind of shine ? If I can get that kind of finish I don't think I'd ever cover it.

By the way, I really like how you left a hint of the red base coat in the crevices.

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Whoah...That looks really great ! How did you polish it to get that kind of shine ? If I can get that kind of finish I don't think I'd ever cover it.

I just used metal polish on it by hand but I am gonna do it with polish and a polishing wheel when I get the right wheel for the drill. I used this one which is what I usually do my mechs with...
41NY10YpA3L._SX425_.jpg

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its messy btw..you might wanna cover stuff up before you start polishing your mod. Use a tight microfibre cloth for the polish to get it more shiny..not the fluffy type, though that will work too.

Mundo

Member For 4 Years
Its messy btw..you might wanna cover stuff up before you start polishing your mod. Use a tight microfibre cloth for the polish to get it more shiny..not the fluffy type, though that will work too.
Thanks a lot... I'm definitely going to give it a try.

Also, I noticed after sanding mine that it can be a bit slippery grip. What's it like in this way after you fine polish it?

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks a lot... I'm definitely going to give it a try.

Also, I noticed after sanding mine that it can be a bit slippery grip. What's it like in this way after you fine polish it?

Its fine for me, I mean I do drop mods regularly but that's usually because I got distracted rather than that they are slippy, I am easily distracted :D

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That looks damn sweet stripped and polished.

I've commented before about mods and cheap paint. Just not sure why nearly 20yrs into the new millennium painting an object is like rocket science. Painted mods, many can't stand up to being held in the hand and set down on a desk without the paint jumping ship. Those of us who had bikes as kids, huffy (and others) you could take spill after spill, crash on asphalt, slide along the dirt and barely mar the paint. So much for "progress".

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Pretty sure clear coating on polished SS not gonna work, there may be something that would do it but would need some research.
It's some kinda zinc alloy, not ss.

But DAMN! you got it looking great!
I may have to go that route, too. Right now, only my battery door is naked. Gonna do a little polishing on it tomorrow.

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's some kinda zinc alloy, not ss.

But DAMN! you got it looking great!
I may have to go that route, too. Right now, only my battery door is naked. Gonna do a little polishing on it tomorrow.

Whatever it is as long as its not a pita to keep clean I will likely leave it just polished. Otherwise there is always the door to test stuff on that is easily re-stripped if it doesn't work well. But it already has a poor record of coatings staying on it :D

VU Sponsors