Become a Patron!

HIC's Mixes: DIY recipes store

Denzil

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh dear just been shopping at Hic's. Strawberry Quick, English Allsorts, Gooey Coconut Cookies and Holy Frappe add Gingerbread to that and my Sunday mixing day is sorted, I can't sleep already and our clocks go back an hour tonight.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh dear just been shopping at Hic's. Strawberry Quick, English Allsorts, Gooey Coconut Cookies and Holy Frappe add Gingerbread to that and my Sunday mixing day is sorted, I can't sleep already and our clocks go back an hour tonight.
Aside from Joy not liking me, and I don't know why, I've had every single one of those flavors and I'll tell you, your taste buds are going to thank you!! I've had that Holy Frappe for the last 2 days and it's SOOO good! I made the Gingerbread a little while back and LOVED that one, too. A friend has requested I make her a bottle, as well. Perfect time of year for all these yums.

Denzil

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Shite the gingerbread will have to wait as I only have FW Ginger, I was going to buy a few of the malty recipes but got no NF malt and NF want $50 to ship 2 bottles to the UK and that's without the cost of the flavourings.

Denzil

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mixed quickberry, holy frappe and thin mint cookies today they smell Devine, going to give them a few days in a dark place and then give them a wiz. Have been vaping toblerone the past few days and enjoying it very much. The cocoa is quite powerful and this is the flavour that jumps out at me. Vaping on a Kamry k200 with a protank 3 at 3.2v using a 2.2 single coil setup. I mixed this with 65vg 35pg with 1.2 nic, might up the vg some. Thanks Hic you have made a chocolate addict very happy.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
NF want $50 to ship 2 bottles to the UK and that's without the cost of the flavourings.

What a jaw-dropping example of shipping price-gouging. There's just no excuse for that.
I've searched without success for European NF resellers. If anyone knows of one, please let us know.
Meanwhile, I also have FW Ginger and will see if I can adapt my gingerbread recipe to use it. Give me a day or two to test it out...

Denzil

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I will order from MJ's as the shipping seems more realistic, got 30ml of ginger in my basket but now waiting for the malt to be re-stocked. Would be cool if mamas did the sweet woodruff and I'm sure there is a Hangsen in one of the Hic recipes somewhere. I think it's Hangsen as it was abbreviated HS light something, got to check my notes.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
... I'm sure there is a Hangsen in one of the Hic recipes somewhere. I think it's Hangsen as it was abbreviated HS light something, got to check my notes.

I don't think I've ever posted a recipe with Hangsen. I'm curious to see it if you find one!

Denzil

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hic I went through all of your recipes on the forum and checked the ones I got from your store and even checked my notes but no Hangsen. It must have been in a previous life. Although i thought Hangsen seemed out of place in one off your recipes it would not surprise me as we know not what you have up your sleeve. Sorry for the confusion.

stephanie932

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I received my NF Organic Pumpkin Pie from High Desert Vapes today. I thought it was a pretty big bottle..........Looked at the receipt and there was a note that said, "Out of 10mL so we upgraded you to 30mL!"

Now that is awesome customer service!!!!

GingerVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good grief, I am happily vaping HIC'S Strawberry Malt, my Kanger Subtank coil died, so... I have a new SMOK TVF4, got that filled, fired up, and OMG.... Too much vapor for me! I would have to make 1% nic juice for this thing! I got buzzed after 2 hits on 5% nic! Also, this thing uses mass quantities of juice! I think I have the quad coil in it. I will give it another shot with the RBA, single coil... But if that is super charged too, it will get cleaned and put on a shelf!
I bet the cloud chasers love this one!
I have a second TVF4, PM me if interested, I definitely don't need 2 of these!
Anyone else have experience with this atty? It is great, but not my cup of tea!

delabs

Member For 4 Years
I like the TVF4. For me I just can't use triple or more coils. Try it with less and see if you like it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good grief, I am happily vaping HIC'S Strawberry Malt, my Kanger Subtank coil died, so... I have a new SMOK TVF4, got that filled, fired up, and OMG.... Too much vapor for me! I would have to make 1% nic juice for this thing! I got buzzed after 2 hits on 5% nic! Also, this thing uses mass quantities of juice! I think I have the quad coil in it. I will give it another shot with the RBA, single coil... But if that is super charged too, it will get cleaned and put on a shelf!
I bet the cloud chasers love this one!
I have a second TVF4, PM me if interested, I definitely don't need 2 of these!
Anyone else have experience with this atty? It is great, but not my cup of tea!
I have one, I only reserve it for once in a while, it does drink the juice & chucks the clouds. Like you said give the single coil RBA a shot, it tones it down a bit. You've gotta try the new Bellus from Youde, it's a RTA. Omg with Hic's recipes, I'm in heaven! The flavor is out of this world! I got it from Efun.top in China on preorder, but they have it in stock now in the USA warehouse. Doesn't take long. $18.50 plus shipping.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just made HIC's Caramel Egg Nog, yummy! And only 2 flavorings! Remade Sugary Almond Apple Tart with the original recipe plus added the Vienna Cream at 70vg/30pg and oh my........ It is sooooo good! Impatiently waiting for my order to come in to make the Carrot Cake Frappuccino & Pumpkin Pie. Did anyone make the latest additions yet?

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had every intention of mixing up some of the newer HIC recipes this week, but for some reason every time I've sat down to mix I've ended up with the same two: Old-Fashioned [Blueberry] Doughnut and Irish Malt Ice Cream. Hands are completely ignoring brain.

Taste buds are happy, though.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I received my NF Organic Pumpkin Pie from High Desert Vapes today. I thought it was a pretty big bottle..........Looked at the receipt and there was a note that said, "Out of 10mL so we upgraded you to 30mL!"

Now that is awesome customer service!!!!
Hey, just got my High Desert Vape order today & I received 30 ml of NF Organic PumpkinPie too! I'll say that's awesome customer service!

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
For HIC's Linzertorte cookies, has anyone tried Strawberry instead of Raspberry? I think I like strawberry better than raspberries.

delabs

Member For 4 Years
Does anyone know if FLAVORINGS can be kept in freezer for long term storage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Does anyone know if FLAVORINGS can be kept in freezer for long term storage?

Like nic base/VG/PG, they won't freeze solid. Be sure they're in air-tight bottles, since most freezers dehumidify. Some components in some flavorings (like menthol and sweeteners) may crystallize and separate - it's normal and not a problem. When you need one, be patient and let the UNOPENED bottle come to room temp and shake it really well before opening it. (You can also store mixed eliquid in the freezer to slow "steeping" to a near standstill)

stephanie932

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Let me know how you like the two new recipes :)

So, I did some mixing today!!! I made the Pumpkin Pie and the Carrot Cake Frappuccino. I also made Caramel Eggnog, Blueberry Coconut Smoothie, Strawberry Whopper and One Stop's Blue Note.

Pumpkin Pie has some steeping to do (as per the recipe) but I did try it out of the gate. When shaking and opening my NF Pumpkin Pie it smelled a little metallic to me. It's probably some kind of spice that is in it, as I'm not sure how to explain it......but I'm tasting that same smell in the initial vape. I'm hoping that IS how it is supposed to be and that it will calm down over night. Honestly, it isn't too bad, except for that spice/taste.

Carrot Cake Frappacino is very good. The coffee flavor is spot on and I'm getting just a light taste of the carrot cake. Again, hoping this comes out a bit more upon an overnight to a week steep.

Caramel Eggnog is THE BOMB!!! Whoever mentioned this one.......TY! TY! TY! I'm going to have to make big, big batches of this one!

Blueberry Coconut Smoothie is wonderful! I'm tasting coconut the most, but it is good. If the bilberry doesn't come through in the next few days, I'll up the percentage for that one. Yummylicious!

Strawberry Whopper (from Mama J's mixed at 7%) is amazing! Sweet strawberry and whopper perfectly blended! I'll be buying more of this one, for sure!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, I did some mixing today!!! I made the Pumpkin Pie and the Carrot Cake Frappuccino. I also made Caramel Eggnog, Blueberry Coconut Smoothie, Strawberry Whopper and One Stop's Blue Note.

Pumpkin Pie has some steeping to do (as per the recipe) but I did try it out of the gate. When shaking and opening my NF Pumpkin Pie it smelled a little metallic to me. It's probably some kind of spice that is in it, as I'm not sure how to explain it......but I'm tasting that same smell in the initial vape. I'm hoping that IS how it is supposed to be and that it will calm down over night. Honestly, it isn't too bad, except for that spice/taste.

Carrot Cake Frappacino is very good. The coffee flavor is spot on and I'm getting just a light taste of the carrot cake. Again, hoping this comes out a bit more upon an overnight to a week steep.

Caramel Eggnog is THE BOMB!!! Whoever mentioned this one.......TY! TY! TY! I'm going to have to make big, big batches of this one!

Blueberry Coconut Smoothie is wonderful! I'm tasting coconut the most, but it is good. If the bilberry doesn't come through in the next few days, I'll up the percentage for that one. Yummylicious!

Strawberry Whopper (from Mama J's mixed at 7%) is amazing! Sweet strawberry and whopper perfectly blended! I'll be buying more of this one, for sure!
How did I miss caramel eggnog?? Please share! :D

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Shite the gingerbread will have to wait as I only have FW Ginger, I was going to buy a few of the malty recipes but got no NF malt and NF want $50 to ship 2 bottles to the UK and that's without the cost of the flavourings.

Nf needs a lesson in packing. I'm all about re ycled material but they use shredded card board that's heavy!

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Yay mixing day for all! I also made the Pumpkin Pie, must wait.

I made the Carrot Cake Frappuccino, it's been steeping for 2 days & is getting better. I think for now it's still a bit spicy.

I mentioned the Caramel Eggnog recently, that's a good one right off the bat.

I made the Almond Roca Butter Cookie, gotta wait overnight as per the directions.

Next time I visit Mamaj's I think I will order all 3 of HIC's mixes.

Was just re-reading all the comments on this thread & everyone loves the Blueberry Coconut Smoothie, really tempted to try, but I can't decide between that or Linzertorte cookies, was going to try strawberry instead of raspberry or Old Fashioned Donut. Decisions, decisions, of the 3 which would you do first, I think you've tried them all.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I swear, I don't know how I missed this, thought I'd combed this forum, thanks! Did you use the lower percentages or the higher?

stephanie932

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@HeadInClouds ........... Do you think I could add 1% of the NF Pumpkin Pie to the Caramel Egg Nog? Or would you do less? I did make the stronger version of the Eggnog and that is perfect for me. Pumpkin Eggnog sounds delicious to me right now.........lol

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I made the Carrot Cake Frappuccino, it's been steeping for 2 days & is getting better. I think for now it's still a bit spicy.

I made the Almond Roca Butter Cookie, gotta wait overnight as per the directions.

Was just re-reading all the comments on this thread & everyone loves the Blueberry Coconut Smoothie, really tempted to try, but I can't decide between that or Linzertorte cookies, was going to try strawberry instead of raspberry or Old Fashioned Donut. Decisions, decisions, of the 3 which would you do first, I think you've tried them all.
LINZERTORTE COOKIES!!!! That's one of my favorites!

stephanie932

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Oh, wow.........In order of preference, my favorites are #1 - Old Fashioned Donut, #2 Blueberry Coconut Smoothie and then the Linzertorte Cookies. Honestly, all were so good but that donut is just an all day vape for me......Like the Oatmeal Cookies, Windmill Cookies and now this Caramel Eggnog. I don't do many fruit recipes, but when I do, blueberry is my first choice. I'm no help at all, am I? LOL

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh, wow.........In order of preference, my favorites are #1 - Old Fashioned Donut, #2 Blueberry Coconut Smoothie and then the Linzertorte Cookies. Honestly, all were so good but that donut is just an all day vape for me......Like the Oatmeal Cookies, Windmill Cookies and now this Caramel Eggnog. I don't do many fruit recipes, but when I do, blueberry is my first choice. I'm no help at all, am I? LOL
Oh no :rolleyes: now I'm torn, Linzertorte cookies or Old Fashioned Donuts first?

Denzil

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Made the English Allsorts Friday and had to give it a try out of curiosity as all I have vaped for the last 18 months is anything with chocolate in it. Oh my how does he do that? 20ml already gone and planning to make more. I have been vaping and tasting to try and work out what Allsort I'm tasting, the best way to sum it up is its like licking the inside of the empty packet of Bertie Bassets and getting the taste of the combined flavours in one inhale/exhale. Over this weekend I have made 4 of the Hic's recipes to go with 2 I made in the week so more tasting sessions to look forward to. To do these Hic's recipes justice I have now ordered a complete new rig which will allow me to experiment with higher VG %.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
@HeadInClouds ........... Do you think I could add 1% of the NF Pumpkin Pie to the Caramel Egg Nog? Or would you do less? I did make the stronger version of the Eggnog and that is perfect for me. Pumpkin Eggnog sounds delicious to me right now.........lol

I'd do the stronger eggnog plus 0.5% pumpkin pie for a first try, but I wouldn't be surprised if 1% is just fine.

Have any of you tried Jamba Juice's Pumpkin Smash? mmmmm, and supposedly there's something healthy about it. Like that matters.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
...I have now ordered a complete new rig which will allow me to experiment with higher VG %.

What shiny new addition is headed your way?

its like licking the inside of the empty packet of Bertie Bassets and getting the taste of the combined flavours in one inhale/exhale

:) So glad to find another Bassetts fan!

VU Sponsors