Become a Patron!

HIC's Mixes: DIY recipes store

GingerVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think that the juice I made on Sunday has steeped enough!
I will let you know how everything tastes later tonight!

Edit spelling...

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Think I have enough FlavourArt? The box is 12x8...
A bunch of duplicates, but still, I don't have every flavor!
The ones at the top are directly from Italy!

7165e542bb030c725c70274cce4d667f.jpg

I have another box full of The Flavor Apprentice, and others...
Wow! How was it ordering from Italy! Price in comparison to ordering from sites here?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
New today at HIC's Mixes : Crackin' Oat Cereal
p Crackin' Oat Cereal.jpg
"If you are familiar with this popular American breakfast cereal, you know it is actually miniature, crunchy, brown-sugary oatmeal cookies. This recipe gives you that same sweet flavor in vape form. This recipe requires FlavourArt flavorings, Brown Sugar & Holiday Spice by the Flavor Apprentice, and Nature's Flavors Malt (which contains diketones). The notes explain how this recipe was developed -- a method you can use for vape versions of other packaged snacks."

(my favorite "nutritious breakfast cereal," Cracklin' Oat Bran! :D)

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just made HIC's Matcha Ice Cream & am Vaping. Yum, yum very interesting! HIC said it was a an all day vape & I can certainly see that. He said its modeled after Traders Joe Matcha Ice Cream, I've never had Trader's ice cream, but I've made homemade Matcha ice cream doesn't taste like that, but it's very good. HIC also said it will get creamier. Just wanted to let everyone know, it's very very good! Thank you HIC!

Frankm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
New today at HIC's Mixes : Crackin' Oat Cereal
View attachment 30322
"If you are familiar with this popular American breakfast cereal, you know it is actually miniature, crunchy, brown-sugary oatmeal cookies. This recipe gives you that same sweet flavor in vape form. This recipe requires FlavourArt flavorings, Brown Sugar & Holiday Spice by the Flavor Apprentice, and Nature's Flavors Malt (which contains diketones). The notes explain how this recipe was developed -- a method you can use for vape versions of other packaged snacks."

(my favorite "nutritious breakfast cereal," Cracklin' Oat Bran! :D)

Hic, did you try tfa malted milk? I was wondering if it would be a viable option.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Hic, did you try tfa malted milk? I was wondering if it would be a viable option.

No and negatory! The two are not similar at all. There is nothing "dairy" in NF Malt, and there's not much "malty" in TFA Malted Milk by comparison - and it's not near sweet enough. TFA Malted Milk is just a horror show, in my opinion.

GingerVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow! How was it ordering from Italy! Price in comparison to ordering from sites here?
Very easy ordering! The prices are about the same, with customs tax... It took about 2 weeks, once I ordered.
At the time, (last year, almost exactly) I couldn't find the flavors anywhere here in the US at a decent price/size. I googled my fingers to the bone, and decided to order directly.
I have not tasted a difference between the Italian and the US packaged flavors. I did, however, get a couple bonus flavors as a treat! Which was nice!

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Very easy ordering! The prices are about the same, with customs tax... It took about 2 weeks, once I ordered.
At the time, (last year, almost exactly) I couldn't find the flavors anywhere here in the US at a decent price/size. I googled my fingers to the bone, and decided to order directly.
I have not tasted a difference between the Italian and the US packaged flavors. I did, however, get a couple bonus flavors as a treat! Which was nice!
That's good to know that the flavors taste the same whether purchased here or from Italy. Bonus flavors, that's great! I'll look into it. I did visit their site but it was in euros. Hope u feel better!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
That's good to know that the flavors taste the same whether purchased here or from Italy. Bonus flavors, that's great! I'll look into it. I did visit their site but it was in euros.
At http://flavourartexpress.biz/ , just click the $ symbol at the very top-right of the main screen before you shop.
US dollar prices: all non-tobacco flavorings are about $2.80 right now.
With DHL Express, shipping to midwest US on 6 bottles shows $23, but "simple mail, no tracking, 5-20 days" is $4.50.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Do you like to eat and vape matching flavors? That's flavor nirvana for me.
Walmart or Cost Plus World Market sells these; my Tiramisu Wafer Cookies matches the flavor:
View attachment 29094 I like all of Loacker's Quadratini, but Tiramisu is their superstar.

Walmart also has the match for my Oatmeal Creme Pie:
View attachment 29095

I'd love to vape Little Debbie's "Nutty Bars" but haven't managed to make those yet.

I'm currently vaping plain wintergreen with Wint-O-Green lifesavers. :)
Just went to Walmart they don't have the Tiramisu

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Awww, mannnn! They still have 'em online, but you have to buy 8 bags. :rolleyes: Actually, it's a pretty good price, if you have a use for that many.

edit: AND if you buy 2 sets (16 bags hahaha! $60 and free shipping) - you could avoid all holiday baking.
Thanks for the info! I wanted to try because of your tiramisu wafer cookies which I've yet to try.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just made Sugary Almond Tart, using the smaller amounts HIC said for a more sweet rich crust. OMG!!! HIC's a genius!!! It's delicious! Only two flavors but OMG,OMG!!!

Also made Almond Orange Cake & the Thai Mango Sticky Rice, letting them steep while I enjoy the Sugar Almond Tart. Ok everyone, 2 flavors, must make!

HIC how ever do you do it? Magic, I say....

Claudia P

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just made Sugary Almond Tart, using the smaller amounts HIC said for a more sweet rich crust. OMG!!! HIC's a genius!!! It's delicious! Only two flavors but OMG,OMG!!!

Also made Almond Orange Cake & the Thai Mango Sticky Rice, letting them steep while I enjoy the Sugar Almond Tart. Ok everyone, 2 flavors, must make!

HIC how ever do you do it? Magic, I say....
The Sugary Almond Apple Tart with the custard option has become my ADV. I think I may have a problem because I am going through about 50 ml a week. lol

GingerVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's good to know that the flavors taste the same whether purchased here or from Italy. Bonus flavors, that's great! I'll look into it. I did visit their site but it was in euros. Hope u feel better!
There is a button on top right to change to USD ...

Claudia P

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Lol! I'll try the custard version next. What else have you tried & love?

I tried the Tiramisu cheesecake and like it, also the Mango Sticky Rice which I like but think I may try the Papaya version next. I have the Blueberry Muffin recipe but I need a few more flavors to make it.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I tried the Tiramisu cheesecake and like it, also the Mango Sticky Rice which I like but think I may try the Papaya version next. I have the Blueberry Muffin recipe but I need a few more flavors to make it.
The Neopolitan Ice Cream is really good too, like the real thing. Lemon Torrone Parfait is also yummy! If you love the Sugary Almond Tart try the Orange Almond cake it's kinda the same but not lol.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just tried the Thai Mango Sticky Rice, it's sooooooo good! Made the Gooey Coconut cookies, yum, yum! Also made Vanilla Silk Pudding, gotta let sit for 24 hours, don't wanna wait, but I will And Cranberry Orange Scone haven't tried yet. Everything so far is just soooooo fantastic

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Cranberry Orange Scone is soooooo delicious! I can really taste the scone part. I made the Raspberry Mandarin scone first & I'm guessing that Flavour Art's Raspberry is really strong because I can't really taste the scone part as well as the Cranberry Orange version. It's still good but if you really want the scone to come out I would try the Cranberry Orange version first.
I don't know how you do it HIC, but you are a "Master"! I very much appreciate your recipes & input! You're there to help us all, so hard to come by these days! Please don't ever leave us.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wondered where you've been - welcome back!

HIC's Gooey Coconut Cookies - I make 8 ounces at a time:D
Many are probably scared Im back and thats good but actually I am now much more pissy I mean passive then before :) Hey A how are you

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Hello everyone Im back from Hibernation whats the yummy for the moment?

Java Twist in one tank, Almond Windmills in another, spare bottle of a pumpkin pie experiment... a Biiig thermos of hot coffee, whole family has the day off - I'm ready to head to the wilderness for the day. But everyone else is sleeping in. lol

Last edited:

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Java Twist in one tank, Almond Windmills in another, spare bottle of a pumpkin pie experiment... a Biiig thermos of hot coffee, family has the day off - I'm ready to head to the wilderness for the day. But everyone else is sleeping in. lol
HIC wow that sounds delicious and all I have is bought juice I have been in retreat I have not mixed since I moved think its time to bust it out.. :)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I just published the most major revision ever of "HIC's Notes on FA"
It's literally the same file I am using now; I pulled together all my notes, reviewed recipes to update and review the notes, revisited some flavors, added 18 more (yes, on top of the other additions last week), plus many other improvements. Typos fixed, formatting simplified and consistent, printer-friendly and browser-friendly, in pdf format for free download:
http://www.hicsmixes.com/notes-etc.html

It works just like freebie recipes do at the store, including free automatic updates when it changes. It will be a while before I add the dozen or so FA flavors not yet included. Mamaj's will have the same info in their usual place here: http://mamajsflavorshop.com/headinclouds-my-notes-on-flavor-descriptions/ , not for download, but in their own chosen display. Big THANKS to @wllmc & MamaJ's, not just for hosting my notes while I worked on this revision, but for all the DIY adventures that went into it behind the scenes. Give them a big hand (and a while to catch up with this update!)

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just published the most major revision ever of "HIC's Notes on FA"
It's literally the same file I am using now; I pulled together all my notes, reviewed recipes to update and review the notes, revisited some flavors, added 18 more (yes, on top of the other additions last week), plus many other improvements. Typos fixed, formatting simplified and consistent, printer-friendly and browser-friendly, in pdf format for free download:
http://www.hicsmixes.com/notes-etc.html

It works just like freebie recipes do at the store, including free automatic updates when it changes. It will be a while before I add the dozen or so FA flavors not yet included. Mamaj's will have the same info in their usual place here: http://mamajsflavorshop.com/headinclouds-my-notes-on-flavor-descriptions/ , not for download, but in their own chosen display. Big THANKS to @wllmc & MamaJ's, not just for hosting my notes while I worked on this revision, but for all the DIY adventures that went into it behind the scenes. Give them a big hand (and a while to catch up with this update!)
Thanks so much HIC! So much work for you and much appreciated!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Thank you for the compliments. This format is easiest for me personally to use and maintain. I'm always interested in suggestions for improvement, so don't hesitate to use that comment box.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My taste buds must be dead from all those years of smoking. Every recipe I've made from HIC is soooo tasty. But for some reason my Vanilla Silk Pudding doesn't have much taste. I made the original recipe, then added the 50% increase for stronger tasting Vanilla Silk Pudding, then I remade a 10 ml batch thinking I messed up in measuring (with the added %'s) But after 24 hours I'm still not getting much flavor. Any ideas?

Everyone here says its so tasty, help! Anyway to jazz it up?

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Heartsdelight: My spin on HIC's VSP gets .5%-1% TFA Honeysuckle. I don't have my notes on hand at the moment, but it seems like that's around where I settled. It's very sweet, so start low. I frequently used it in one of my older (diketone-heavy) vanilla recipes, and just moved the ingredient over to HIC's recipe to good effect.

Honeysuckle serves a purpose similar to that of Sweet Woodruff in the original recipe, but the sweetness and floral note is more pronounced. It really makes the primary flavor in any vanilla-centric recipe pop for me. Just don't use too much or it could easily overpower the mix!

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@Heartsdelight: My spin on HIC's VSP gets .5%-1% TFA Honeysuckle. I don't have my notes on hand at the moment, but it seems like that's around where I settled. It's very sweet, so start low. I frequently used it in one of my older (diketone-heavy) vanilla recipes, and just moved the ingredient over to HIC's recipe to good effect.

Honeysuckle serves a purpose similar to that of Sweet Woodruff in the original recipe, but the sweetness and floral note is more pronounced. It really makes the primary flavor in any vanilla-centric recipe pop for me. Just don't use too much or it could easily overpower the mix!
Thanks for your suggestion but I don't have TFA Honeysuckle, it figures lol

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, if you get some, give it a shot! I occasionally use it as a general sweetener too. It imparts a light (but potent!) sweetness, almost like sugar water. Some people may be put off by the fact that it's a floral aromatic, but that aspect of it is easily concealed by more dominant flavorings if you choose. It really "blooms" in recipes composed primarily of vanillas and creams though, which is why it requires a light touch in order to not overwhelm the more subtle flavors. Definitely one of my favorites from TFA!

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, if you get some, give it a shot! I occasionally use it as a general sweetener too. It imparts a light (but potent!) sweetness, almost like sugar water. Some people may be put off by the fact that it's a floral aromatic, but that aspect of it is easily concealed by more dominant flavorings if you choose. It really "blooms" in recipes composed primarily of vanillas and creams though, which is why it requires a light touch in order to not overwhelm the more subtle flavors. Definitely one of my favorites from TFA!
Thanks again, I will keep it in mind.

jensy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I took a 6-8 month hiatus from VU so I had no idea what was going on. Well, I found HIC's gumroad page last weekend and this thread this week and I am in heaven!!!!!!!! I purchased 23 recipes over two day's on the weekend and another 6 today. I am in awe of your mixing brain HIC.

Thank you ever so much for all your time you have put into these recipes, for sharing your knowledge and creating your Gumroad site so that we can purchase your fantastic creations at such a reasonable price. Again, THANK YOU!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I took a 6-8 month hiatus from VU so I had no idea what was going on. Well, I found HIC's gumroad page last weekend and this thread this week and I am in heaven!!!!!!!! I purchased 23 recipes over two day's on the weekend and another 6 today. I am in awe of your mixing brain HIC.

Thank you ever so much for all your time you have put into these recipes, for sharing your knowledge and creating your Gumroad site so that we can purchase your fantastic creations at such a reasonable price. Again, THANK YOU!
jensy!!!! So good to see you back, hon. :) I asked about you a couple times. Super good to have you back.

VU Sponsors