Become a Patron!

HIC's Mixes: DIY recipes store

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I hope the description is corrrect because i get my flavor from FA italy.

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk
I taste a strong tobacco from it. MANY people are tasting something like a funnel cake. Just shows how everyone's taste is so different.

malayson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I taste a strong tobacco from it. MANY people are tasting something like a funnel cake. Just shows how everyone's taste is so different.
I think funnel cake taste and sweet is way too far from what i get. Maybe it just be the same case like maringue flavor before.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I think funnel cake taste and sweet is way too far from what i get. Maybe it just be the same case like maringue flavor before.

There are only a few of us that taste it the way that you and I do. I'm just so glad that all these other recipes are so yummy. I'm still planning to re-make the gooey coconut cookies, just without the joy flavor. It'll stil be good, no doubt.

malayson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There are only a few of us that taste it the way that you and I do. I'm just so glad that all these other recipes are so yummy. I'm still planning to re-make the gooey coconut cookies, just without the joy flavor. It'll stil be good, no doubt.
Before this i use sucralose to replace joy and the taste is good

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Before this i use sucralose to replace joy and the taste is good

This is really helpful information, @malayson - thank you!

If vaped Sucralose tastes sweet to you, it makes sense as a sub for some recipes with Joy. I use Sucralose in real food/drink all the time, but I can't taste its sweetness in a vape. :( I'd have to rely on FA Marshmallow, TFA Cotton Candy, maybe FA Meringue (or some combo) if Joy didn't taste sweet to me. I do not think Joy is a matter of bad batches, mislabeling, or even different hardware settings. I am increasingly convinced we just don't all taste/smell it the same way. In my store recipes, I will be sure to always note in the description if Joy is an ingredient!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I do not think Joy is a matter of bad batches, mislabeling, or even different hardware settings.
I fully agree with this. We all have different sensitivities/preferences to taste... I know there's a better word for that, but you know what I mean. Meringue comes to mind for me, too. I've never gotten the eggy flavor that many people talk about.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hate that. I wish it was all the same for us as far as taste goes. Man, I am so behind on threads. Just wanted to say I enjoyed Hic's Vanilla Silk Pudding so much as well as his black pepper Ice cream. I like spices and citrus vapes. So, scrolling through Hic's Mixes last night I seen the Thai mango sticky rice. In the cart it went along with Lemon custard pudding. I just cannot wait to try them. Hello to everyone and a wonderful day!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I hate that. I wish it was all the same for us as far as taste goes. Man, I am so behind on threads. Just wanted to say I enjoyed Hic's Vanilla Silk Pudding so much as well as his black pepper Ice cream. I like spices and citrus vapes. So, scrolling through Hic's Mixes last night I seen the Thai mango sticky rice. In the cart it went along with Lemon custard pudding. I just cannot wait to try them. Hello to everyone and a wonderful day!

Good to see you 'round, D. I must say, you're looking younger all the time.

scrappy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECX doesn't sell FA in original bottles. I prefer my flavorings from MamaJs in general, although ECX is fine if nobody else has them, but I'm quite sure MamaJs is fresh and well shaken :) The only place to get original FA bottles from is Bullcity vapor.
Ok sorry yes it's the shrink wrapped bottle. Figured it was the original bottle because it has the FA label and batch #. So the 10ml bottles with flip top from bullcity are original? Good to know I have quite a few flavors from them. Love those flip tops... you can open, drip, and close in one motion. I even started putting other flavors into my used ones for the convenience.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I made the Mango Sticky Rice earlier today. I'm letting it steep like a good girl..... Lol

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
The angel on my shoulder is gonna have a tank of the steeped version here in a bit. It's what's left over that the devil on the other shoulder didn't vape fresh.....:D

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay, I have the mango rice in my new Tobeco Super Tank RDA and ooooohhhhhhh......I have to quit. I just have to quit vaping right now because I just don't deserve anything this good, I really don't.....
Truthfully, I have to quit because I made this batch in a 6mg and I need a 3mg for a rda because I see a blissful overdose on the horizon. :D
Silly? Yeah, you try it and see if your taste buds don't get a little giddy....LOL!!

Wrendejo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ok, so I made the Mango Sticky Rice let it steep for 4 days put a fresh build in my gear and it was amazing. I had just finished yard work so I took a shower and I got out to find my wife on the front porch dripping away. I started to hand her mod to her and I sware her eyes turned red and and in a voice she normally saves for our children she said "I am on a tropical island right now eating coconuts and mango can't you guys give me 5 minutes to my self". I said what the he'll are you talking about and she said this vape reminds me of the vacations we used to take before the kids you can have it back when I'm done.
I laughed so hard my stomach hurt.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, so I made the Mango Sticky Rice let it steep for 4 days put a fresh build in my gear and it was amazing. I had just finished yard work so I took a shower and I got out to find my wife on the front porch dripping away. I started to hand her mod to her and I sware her eyes turned red and and in a voice she normally saves for our children she said "I am on a tropical island right now eating coconuts and mango can't you guys give me 5 minutes to my self". I said what the he'll are you talking about and she said this vape reminds me of the vacations we used to take before the kids you can have it back when I'm done.
I laughed so hard my stomach hurt.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I love your wife.....LMAO!!!!!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL I was at a party tonight (nobody under 60 LOL), and later in the evening I was outside vaping Gooey Coconut Cookies. At least three people who came outside sniffed the air and said 'what's that delicious smell?' :) It's certainly a far cry from cigarette smoke - just sayin':p

Kiwi_Vaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi,

My first of HIC's store recipes - Quickberry Pink. When I made it initially, I found the flavour a bit muted. HIC suggested a few things, one of which being bump it up to 1.5 times. I did so and also let it steep. My oh my...what a stark difference. The vape was one of the best strawberry ones I have ever had. Thanks HIC :)....Have made the Blueberry-Coconut Smoothie next and it is steeping now.

Well, I am sure there are hundreds of you would have already opined on the Quickberry Pink and how light and nice it is as an ADV. What I would like to add is this - I have been vaping it on a Velocity RDA. It has been one and a half weeks now. What I have been checking is the state of the coil and wick. Not only is this juice tasty it hardly gunks up the wick and coil. I haven't even re-wicked the original setup since I started vaping this and am now down to the last few ml's (of the 30 mls I made).

Fantastic!!

Looking forward to trying the other recipes now. Only problem is that I have a bit of my stock of ITC vapes which I need to finish along with these new recipes else they will go bad :(

Cheers.

Last edited:

Kiwi_Vaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks Huck. I did read your original comments on this thread re this recipe. (one of the reasons) why it is a part of my first five list to buy from HIC's site :)

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just picked up your Irish Malt Ice Cream, HIC. Sounds great. I knew I didn't have the NF Malt going in, but I've read enough good things about this flavor to think about springing for the big bottle straight from NF (considering it seems to be scarce elsewhere) and this recipe may have sent me over the proverbial edge.

I am a HUGE fan of malt in shakes and candies; is this the sort of flavor I might expect to be able to replicate with NF Malt? The nearest approximation to the flavor I'm seeking is your "trick" in the Creamy Strawberry Malt recipe derived from the FA Cocoa / Chocolate and Oba Oba combination. So I'm shooting for that, only without the more obvious chocolate notes.

Just trying not to end up with a big bottle of something that would taste more appropriate in beer than candy. I'm assuming it won't, since you've used it to good effect in at least one of your recipes.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Just picked up your Irish Malt Ice Cream, HIC. Sounds great. I knew I didn't have the NF Malt going in, but I've read enough good things about this flavor to think about springing for the big bottle straight from NF (considering it seems to be scarce elsewhere) and this recipe may have sent me over the proverbial edge.

I am a HUGE fan of malt in shakes and candies; is this the sort of flavor I might expect to be able to replicate with NF Malt? The nearest approximation to the flavor I'm seeking is your "trick" in the Creamy Strawberry Malt recipe derived from the FA Cocoa / Chocolate and Oba Oba combination. So I'm shooting for that, only without the more obvious chocolate notes.

Just trying not to end up with a big bottle of something that would taste more appropriate in beer than candy. I'm assuming it won't, since you've used it to good effect in at least one of your recipes.

NF Malt (contains diketones) is the malt flavor you're wanting. I consider it one of NF's best and most useful flavorings. It's sweet like barley malt syrup used in prepackaged sweets - not at all beer, and without the chocolate part many people associate with malt. Irish Malt Ice Cream is a sweet ice cream malt flavor. Malt from NF Malt, the chocolate from Irish Cream. NF sells only big bottles; store in the fridge if you get that much, and know that it's a lifetime supply for you and all your friends. Mamaj's and highdesertvapes sell smaller bottles. Don't forget Ginger, too. If you need a third, I'm finishing up a killer carrot cake recipe that uses some NF Carrot Cake. Those that avoid all diketones should avoid all by NF, but vapers who just limit diketones should know the ones I've mentioned are all useful as very small additions in FA-based recipes.

GingerVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am a big Malt fan, too!
My ADV is now HIC's Strawberry Malt! I can't get enough of that flavor... I must admit, I "cheat" and buy the complete flavor from Mamma J's.
Someone mentioned a dripper above. Does anyone have a suggestion for a good one? I have never dripped before, and would like to try it. I have rebuilt coils before, Np. I know this is a juice thread, but, I just want to taste my juice a bit better, lol. Currently using Subtanks... Which I love. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Note 4 on Tapatalk.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am a big Malt fan, too!
My ADV is now HIC's Strawberry Malt! I can't get enough of that flavor... I must admit, I "cheat" and buy the complete flavor from Mamma J's.
Someone mentioned a dripper above. Does anyone have a suggestion for a good one? I have never dripped before, and would like to try it. I have rebuilt coils before, Np. I know this is a juice thread, but, I just want to taste my juice a bit better, lol. Currently using Subtanks... Which I love. Thanks in advance.

Can't go wrong with Mutation, I have a x V3 that I love. ;)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

That's not cheating! There are 3 HIC's Mixes premixed on Mamaj's that ONLY Mamaj's has the recipe for: Strawberry Whopper, Oatmeal Cream Pie, and Tiramisu Wafer Cookies. They're here: http://mamajsflavorshop.com/specialty-shop/hics-mixes/ . The others are for convenience - but those three are exclusives.

GingerVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks HIC , I feel better now!
I have all those mixes, btw, gonna make some Tiramisu Wafer Cookie up when I get home! Stay tuned!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Tiramisu Wafer Cookies.
That one is mind blowing. Just sayin'.
giphy.gif

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ha! Already had that Carrot Cake in my cart after scouting NF's site last night, so I'm going to call that a sign and pull the trigger.

Thanks for the info, HIC. Do we know which of the subs NF's stuff is rocking? I'm less wary of acetoin than acetyl propionyl based on Dr. F's observations, but neither of them really bother me in small amounts. Just would be nice to know.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
People who just don't enjoy vaping FA Bilberry usually like FA Forest Mix, even though it includes bilberry flavor. If Billberry is :eek: to you, you might try replacing part or all of Bilberry with Forest Mix.

GingerVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That one is mind blowing. Just sayin'.
giphy.gif
OMG did I die? Go to heaven? THIS is what Tiramisu should taste like! WOW. I will be forever grateful, HIC!

A little background about me vaping: No B&M stores, so I bought (and still do) everything online. I found Fasttech, went nuts! They had Liqua juice, and I was hooked. Liqua makes their juice with... wait for it.... FlavourArt! My favorite flavor? Tiramisu. Eventually, Fasttech ran out, and it was hard to find Liqua here in the states. So, I read up on DIY, and went for it! I had no idea you could get their flavors here in the states, so I made a huge order about a year ago from the factory in Italy!
Anyway, I have been playing with Tiramisu since I got it last year. I have not figured out the right recipe.
I am glad HIC did!

Wow, thanks HIC, really.... you da man!

GingerVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Can't go wrong with Mutation, I have a x V3 that I love. ;)
I just ordered a Mutation x V4 (couldn't find a V3, V4 had good reviews), and a Doge V2 (love the dog, heck of a way to buy Gear, but hey, it's cute)...

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just ordered a Mutation x V4 (couldn't find a V3, V4 had good reviews), and a Doge V2 (love the dog, heck of a way to buy Gear, but hey, it's cute)...

The Atty3 is also a good one, as well as the Tobeco Turbo v2, got both of those and really like the deep wells. And I'm completely hooked on the Tobeco Super Tank RDA I just got. ;)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
OMG did I die? Go to heaven? THIS is what Tiramisu should taste like! WOW. I will be forever grateful, HIC!

Do you like to eat and vape matching flavors? That's flavor nirvana for me.
Walmart or Cost Plus World Market sells these; my Tiramisu Wafer Cookies matches the flavor:
Loacker Quadratini Tiramisu.jpg I like all of Loacker's Quadratini, but Tiramisu is their superstar.

Walmart also has the match for my Oatmeal Creme Pie:
718437i6kbL._SL1351_.jpg

I'd love to vape Little Debbie's "Nutty Bars" but haven't managed to make those yet.

I'm currently vaping plain wintergreen with Wint-O-Green lifesavers. :)

Last edited:

GingerVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Walmart or Cost Plus World Market sells these; my Tiramisu Wafer Cookies matches the flavor:
View attachment 29094 I like all of Loacker's Quadratini, but Tiramisu is their superstar.

View attachment 29095

I'd love to vape Little Debbie's "Nutty Bars" but haven't managed to make those yet.

Yes I DO like to "pair", HIC!
Thanks for the tip on the cookies! I have to go shopping tomorrow, will head to Walmart, for sure!
My favorite "pairing" for your Strawberry Malt is Fanta Strawberry Soda.... It makes the Vape really pop!

I bought Malt from Mama J's, and am going to try for a Vanilla Malt. My Dad used to take me out to get a vanilla malted milkshake every once in a while. It's my favorite milkshake.
My "trinity" of flavor is Strawberry, Vanilla, Tiramisu... And Malt with the first two!

GingerVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
View attachment 29094 I like all of Loacker's Quadratini, but Tiramisu is their superstar.

View attachment 29095

Speaking of Wintergreen....

Good grief, now that I know it is in Root Beer (from a thread somewhere on this forum) , it is all I can taste! Crap. I love Root Beer, and it is ruined...

Has that ever happened to you when you were researching flavors, HIC? How do I get past it (can I?)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Rats! The only place I could find to buy Rasta Root Beer is on Tasty Puff site, with a $20 minimum .
I don't know much about their flavors, and don't need $20 bucks of Root Beer!

ebay is the best source I know - best to search 'tasty puff' and look for the ones with a drop-down list of flavors available. If they use 'rasta root beer' in their title listing, it sells out really, really fast.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Speaking of Wintergreen....
Good grief, now that I know it is in Root Beer (from a thread somewhere on this forum) , it is all I can taste! Crap. I love Root Beer, and it is ruined...
Has that ever happened to you when you were researching flavors, HIC? How do I get past it (can I?)

All the time, and not just when vaping. Wintergreen is a flavor that really gets around in American products. http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-pink-bubble-gum.18233/ I think anyone who tastes a real food/beverage and starts noticing the flavor components like that probably has a hidden talent for figuring out flavor combos for vapes. ;)

VU Sponsors