Become a Patron!

HIC's Mixes: DIY recipes store

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What percentage do you use it at? I've gone up to 3 but haven't gotten even a hint of tobacco.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I've tried it as written in HIC's recipes, found it strong tobacco tasting, killing other flavors in mixes. I've also tried it at 0.5%. Standalone, 2% Tobacco, tobacco, tobacco. And not one I like. I just omit, now.

Wrendejo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That's funny cause I want to taste the tobacco. I am on a FA Soho kick right now. 15% Soho 2% FA Meringue and it's a light dessert tobacco to die for. I can't put it down I have never vaped 30ml of liquid in a day and with this stuff I have been averaging 34 ml. FA says Joy is just a variation of Soho but for my pallet they couldn't be further apart.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That's funny cause I want to taste the tobacco. I am on a FA Soho kick right now. 15% Soho 2% FA Meringue and it's a light dessert tobacco to die for. I can't put it down I have never vaped 30ml of liquid in a day and with this stuff I have been averaging 34 ml. FA says Joy is just a variation of Soho but for my pallet they couldn't be further apart.

Trade ya palates!!

Wrendejo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
And I miss spelled palate. This day is going to hell on me!

kiwivaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Huckleberried I could hug u right now.. i remember reading a post on mixing the watermelon juice with blue razz!!!! WOW thats the best fruity fizz/ tangy fruit vape ever!!!!! just mixed 100ml should last me a day or so!!!!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Huckleberried I could hug u right now.. i remember reading a post on mixing the watermelon juice with blue razz!!!! WOW thats the best fruity fizz/ tangy fruit vape ever!!!!! just mixed 100ml should last me a day or so!!!!
That was one of the happiest oops moments I've had. I enjoyed that, too!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
New today at HIC's Mixes : Irish Malt Ice Cream
View attachment 28769
"Sweet and smooth, this rich ice cream dessert vape includes bits of chocolate malted milk candy. It will especially appeal to fans of creamy cocktails made with Baileys Irish Cream. This recipe requires FlavourArt flavorings, plus <1% of Nature's Flavors Malt flavor extract (contains diketones), available at mamajsflavorshop, highdesertvapes, and naturesflavors. "

I know a bucnh of you must have Malt from mamaj's, because they're currently out of stock!

(p.s. - I've not yet gotten a solution to the lack of email updates, but I'll post here when I do)
Ugh! A new recipe and I can't have it till the bank gets me straightened out! Someone online has helped themselves to my card info and charged over $250 to Google.com for something....I was already angry, now I'm FURIOUS! :mad:

Kiwi_Vaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
HIC - Just to confirm that I did receive your most recent update on my email...the one titled *Hello DIY vape enthusiasts!*

Not sue what method you used, but it seems to have worked
Cheers.

kiwivaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Huckleberried I could hug u right now.. i remember reading a post on mixing the watermelon juice with blue razz!!!! WOW thats the best fruity fizz/ tangy fruit vape ever!!!!! just mixed 100ml should last me a day or so!!

ok in wrong 100ml is not gonna last 2 days!!! LOL was thinking though... maybe instead of blue razz, turning it into passion fruit then mixing it with the h20melon!!!!

Wrendejo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What is H20melon ,
ok in wrong 100ml is not gonna last 2 days!!! LOL was thinking though... maybe instead of blue razz, turning it into passion fruit then mixing it with the h20melon!!!!

MeghaJEZUS

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wow, just bought HICs Mango and Sticky Rice, even though I don't have either of the TFA flavors. I love Thailand, I've been several times and have made sure to gorge myself with mango and sticky rice every opportunity I could. Let's see if it stands up to it's name!

Thanks HIC!

Moolers

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Thaks for this Wrendejo, love Soho and the Meringue addition sounds great, definitely gonna give that a go.

Wrendejo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I can't take credit. I heard it on a DIY e liquid podcast that was interviewing one of the higher ups from Flavourart.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Thai Mango Sticky Rice is wonderful! Even freshly mixed with my arch flavor enemy, MANGO! I'll try it again in a couple of days when the mango has had time to "adjust its attitude", but it's hard to believe it'll get any better! +1 on this one! :D

kiwivaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Thai Mango Sticky Rice is wonderful! Even freshly mixed with my arch flavor enemy, MANGO! I'll try it again in a couple of days when the mango has had time to "adjust its attitude", but it's hard to believe it'll get any better! +1 on this one!
its pretty good.. i had a vape with a friend today and she eats the thai pudding all the time.. she was freakin on the vape version.. now i gotta make her some!!!

cindycated

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HIC - I just got your newsletter. Thanks! And now for the apology: I got Malibu Creamsicle and entered $1.60 as the fair price. Please know that I value your recipes way more than that, but I was trying to zero out a VISA gift card. Sowwy! :oops:

Wrendejo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ok Mango sticky rice has officially steeped for 48 hours. I was good and didn't try it. I'm gonna go put a fresh build in the old velocity clone (I would buy the authentic but at this point in my life my money is going to kids sports and braces so don't judge) and see if this stuff Vapes as good as it smells!

Wrendejo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Question for you guys. What is your go to new liquid testing device or do u just use whatever is handy? I had always tested on a plume veil until recently and now I test on a velocity clone.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC - I just got your newsletter. Thanks! And now for the apology: I got Malibu Creamsicle and entered $1.60 as the fair price. Please know that I value your recipes way more than that, but I was trying to zero out a VISA gift card. Sowwy! :oops:
Don't apologize - it's a freebie, so thank you! :)

stephanie932

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Question for you guys. What is your go to new liquid testing device or do u just use whatever is handy? I had always tested on a plume veil until recently and now I test on a velocity clone.

I use the Veritas! It's a clone, but I love the dual vertical coils for flavor.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

scrappy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm having some trouble, hoping someone might help?

I purchased a bunch of flavors for making hic's mixes. The last one I tried to make is key lime ice cream. Mixed using a digital scale d made sure to shake each flavor first. All I could taste in that recipe is tobacco. I made another batch without tobacco and the lime taste is very weak. Having read this is supposed to be a strong flavor I'm wondering if something is wrong with the flavor. I bought them repackaged from mamaj's and a couple other places. Is it possible that these were not shaken before being split into smaller bottles, and that is the reason they are weak? I went to the flavour art website to try and order factory sealed flavors but for some reason the site doesn't work well with my phone. Anyone ever have this sort of thing happen?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I made another batch without tobacco and the lime taste is very weak. Having read this is supposed to be a strong flavor I'm wondering if something is wrong with the flavor. I bought them repackaged from mamaj's and a couple other places. Is it possible that these were not shaken before being split into smaller bottles, and that is the reason they are weak? I went to the flavour art website to try and order factory sealed flavors but for some reason the site doesn't work well with my phone. Anyone ever have this sort of thing happen?

Any chance you reversed the two lime flavors? Even if you did, I wouldn't expect "weak" flavor with that much lime, though it would be a less strong. You could try each lime separately, at 3% or 4% - should taste quite strong like that. If not, is there a chance your nic is interfering? And don't heat steep citrus (you didn't say you'd done that; I'm just trying to think of everything that could ever apply...)

Last edited:

scrappy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Any chance you reversed the two lime flavors? Even if you did, I wouldn't expect "weak" flavor with that much lime, though it would be a less strong. You could try each lime separately, at 3% or 4% - should taste quite strong like that. If not, is there a chance your nic is interfering? And don't heat steep citrus (you didn't say you'd done that; I'm just trying to think of everything that could ever apply...)

Thanks for the reply HIC! I don't think I mixed them up but I did put the mix on top of my dvr to heat it a bit overnight. I'll try each lime separate as suggested. So then I take it these are not flavors that could separate when sitting like some do? That was the only thing I could think of, and perhaps they were bottled from a larger bottle that wasn't shaken. Could just be my taste buds but considering how strong a flavor people say it is I figured probably not.

Again thanks again I bought a bunch of your new recipes and loving just about all of them. You have completely changed the way I approach diy.

Wiltallica

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I wanna make hucklegummies so what ratio watermelon juice to blue razz? Or just 50/50?

Wiltallica

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Running low on nic right now so im just gonna make a 30 ml with both flavs mixed in

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
So then I take it these are not flavors that could separate when sitting like some do?

YES, they absolutely separate as they sit! You can actually watch cold-pressed settle into layers (mine is in a glass vial for easy viewing; I'm weird that way.)

scrappy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
YES, they absolutely separate as they sit! You can actually watch cold-pressed settle into layers (mine is in a glass vial for easy viewing; I'm weird that way.)

I tried each lime on it's own and think I found the culprit. I had to bump the lime cold pressed up to 12% to match the flavor strength of lime distilled at 4%. So maybe it was a bad batch or somethin. Guess I'll be ordering another bottle from somewhere else. The lime distilled was from mamma j's and the cold pressed was from ecx and factory sealed, fyi. Thanks again for the help.

cindycated

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried each lime on it's own and think I found the culprit. I had to bump the lime cold pressed up to 12% to match the flavor strength of lime distilled at 4%. So maybe it was a bad batch or somethin. Guess I'll be ordering another bottle from somewhere else. The lime distilled was from mamma j's and the cold pressed was from ecx and factory sealed, fyi. Thanks again for the help.
Is there an expiration date on the bottle from ECX? I've been hearing from a few people now that they've been known to sell expired flavoring. :eek: If it's expired or close, maybe they'll hook you up with a new batch. ;)
Also, with some mixes, I've been having to wait 4 days for the flavor to wake up. Can't remember which specifically, may not even be FA :D but when I doctored them up didn't let them sit, they became way too strong later.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If you mean the shrink wrap from ECX, those are re-bottled, unless they've started selling stock FA ones. I've had many issues with ECX in the past and they've always been helpful in taking care of replacements. Mama J's, I never had an issue with at all.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

ECX doesn't sell FA in original bottles. I prefer my flavorings from MamaJs in general, although ECX is fine if nobody else has them, but I'm quite sure MamaJs is fresh and well shaken :) The only place to get original FA bottles from is Bullcity vapor.

malayson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just experience joy flavor in gooey coconut cookies and doughnut recipes. Taste more like bread crust. I dont get the sweet flavor from it at all and it kind mute other flavor in that recipes.

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Just experience joy flavor in gooey coconut cookies and doughnut recipes. Taste more like bread crust. I dont get the sweet flavor from it at all and it kind mute other flavor in that recipes.

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk
I'm so sorry!! I wish we both could taste it like others do.

VU Sponsors