Become a Patron!

HIC's FERRERO ROCHER (Nutella truffles)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Just ordered the hazelnut so I can have a blast at this one.
My other half absolutely loves Ferrero rocher. Wonder if she'll swap her ADV from Hic's strawberry Mocha frappachino to this.
I'll report back with the results.

Bet you're going to need to supply your other half with another mod. Those two would be great to swap back and forth with.

UncleIronLungs

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Bet you're going to need to supply your other half with another mod. Those two would be great to swap back and forth with.
Haha I know Hic. She's already got a provari mini rocking a kanger subtank mini. I built the rda section on it with a 1.6 ohm coil though so it's compatible with the provari and she's loving it. She's also got a lemo and an aga t so she's got plenty of options!

Think I'll probably mix up a batch for myself to, see how it gets on with subohms. I know there's plenty of warnings about burning the cocoa but I've ended up loving your 3 musketeers at .03 ohms. The key is to just ease back on the watts a tad.

Menthol

Member For 4 Years
So here goes, My first post.
The use of Acetyl Pyrazine in this mix or any simular, Would this be a 5% diluted or neat.
One other question, What is the best PG VG ratio to use to get the best out of HIC's mixes.
Thx in advance and apologies for a first post(I like to read all posts to gain as much knowledge first).
Oh and one last word, what I've noticed is there are a lot of very talented members here, which helps and if I could get anywhere close to some of you guys I would be a happy man.
Looking forward to future posts.

Andy.

UncleIronLungs

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So here goes, My first post.
The use of Acetyl Pyrazine in this mix or any simular, Would this be a 5% diluted or neat.
One other question, What is the best PG VG ratio to use to get the best out of HIC's mixes.
Thx in advance and apologies for a first post(I like to read all posts to gain as much knowledge first).
Oh and one last word, what I've noticed is there are a lot of very talented members here, which helps and if I could get anywhere close to some of you guys I would be a happy man.
Looking forward to future posts.

Andy.

Hi Andy. With regards to your acetyl pyrazine question, there should be a note on your bottle saying the dilution strength of your mixtue., as most come pre diluted. . From what I understand, most solutions of this stuff are used directly from the bottle at Hic's stated percentages.

The question about pg/vg ratio is I bit more tricky to answer. Everyone has their own preference due to Pg toleration, throat hit requirement etc.
I personally opt for either 60/40 VG or a 50/50 mix. I find this bests suits my flavour requirements and throat hit. As I only use 3mg/ml of nic in my mixes I need the extra Pg for that kick.

One other thing I've noticed is that flavours are often muted with high Vg. As I sub ohm almost exclusively (which also mutes flavours) I find the percentages above are best for me.

High VG almost always seems to gunk my coils and wicks up a lot quicker to.

Hope this helps and welcome.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

It's this stuff: http://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/p-6826-acetyl-pyrazine-5-pg.aspx , which is sold by all the big vendors as TFA Acetyl Pyrazine, like here: http://www.bullcityvapor.com/search.php?search_query=pyrazine&x=0&y=0 and here: http://wizardlabs.us/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=332&search=pyrazine

PG/VG ratio is really a matter of personal preference. I like the extra sweetness from max-VG.

Menthol

Member For 4 Years
Thanks guys regarding the acetyl pyrazine, Thought id better check first cos to me this stuff smells potent.
As for the VG PG 60/40 or 50/50 thats what i mainly mix at.

Just had 18 new flavours from FA so off to mix.

Last edited:

Menthol

Member For 4 Years
Just made this with my freshly bought flavouring and it smells bloody delightful, Couldn't resist a quick vape(Can now see why HIC says let it rest) Acetyl Pyrazine appears strong at the moment but i know that will soon fade and meld with the choc & coco.

Menthol

Member For 4 Years
Is this Acetyl pyrazine haunting me or am i losing it.
Made this mix and noticed the AP was overpowering, Today a lot mellower loads better.
Out or curiosity is there Acetyl pyrazine in the FA cookie cos I'm sure picking it up.

Now this maybe down to me, Acetyl pyrazine seems to follow me, I smell it and for a couple of days i smell it everywhere i go.
Is there some magic molecule involved here that bonds to your nasal passage.

Please tell me I'm not going crazy!! I know you'll laugh at this, I don't mind.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Is this Acetyl pyrazine haunting me or am i losing it.
Made this mix and noticed the AP was overpowering, Today a lot mellower loads better.
Out or curiosity is there Acetyl pyrazine in the FA cookie cos I'm sure picking it up.

Now this maybe down to me, Acetyl pyrazine seems to follow me, I smell it and for a couple of days i smell it everywhere i go.
Is there some magic molecule involved here that bonds to your nasal passage.

Please tell me I'm not going crazy!! I know you'll laugh at this, I don't mind.

Yes, I believe FA Cookie has ap, quite a bit of it. Now that you've mixed with plain ap, you can notice it in lots of flavorings, especially tobaccos, bakery flavors, and nuts. It is a persistent little molecule lol! It's the lingering bakery bit of TFA's Banana Bread, for example. You're not going crazy at all.

Raina

Member For 4 Years
Made this as written, even though I was a little scared of the AP since I need to reduce it in Swiss Bliss. This is my favorite chocolate recipe to date. I wanted to try a recipe with strong hazelnut and this is a perfect balance. It's packed with flavor but still light enough to vape for long periods of time. This definitely needs to sit a couple days to let the AP mellow out, but it's so worth the wait.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I like this one after leaving it 2 days iv now tryed it. And with all fa flavours for some reason there very harsh on my throat in my tub tank mini but this is smooth as a bliss thnx again hic i will definitely be buying some of your recipes in the future! u de man lol

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Now tryed this after 8days steep its so nice lol!
What flavour in this recipe makes it so smooth with 0 harshness lol?
Im guessing its the cookie as i dont have that in other mixes iv made with flavour art?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Now tryed this after 8days steep its so nice lol!
What flavour in this recipe makes it so smooth with 0 harshness lol?
Im guessing its the cookie as i dont have that in other mixes iv made with flavour art?

It's the acetyl pyrazine interacting with cocoa and caramel.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh nice cheers i must try this in some other mixes

happy vaping

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Oh nice cheers i must try this in some other mixes

Playing with ap, make small batches until you get the percentages where you want them! AP experiments gone wrong are really, really revolting.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Playing with ap, make small batches until you get the percentages where you want them! AP experiments gone wrong are really, really revolting.
I think any mix can haha yeah il just use low with some see how it smooth my standalones

happy vaping

ej.exe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@HeadInClouds
I know I need all ingredients to make it just like yours, but I lack the FA hazelnut and the acetyl pyrazine.

I do have TFA hazelnut, however. Can I sub that in?

And I have never used AP before, I have read it gives a nutty type flavor, which of course is important in a rocher. But how big of a difference will it make that I don't use it when making this?

I do plan on buying the two ingredients I don't have, but I want to try the recipe noowww :D

Thanks!
-EJ

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
@HeadInClouds
I know I need all ingredients to make it just like yours, but I lack the FA hazelnut and the acetyl pyrazine.

I do have TFA hazelnut, however. Can I sub that in?

And I have never used AP before, I have read it gives a nutty type flavor, which of course is important in a rocher. But how big of a difference will it make that I don't use it when making this?

Acetyl pyrazine is absolutely key - it will not be right without it.
When you get FA Hazelnut, you'll toss TFA's out the window.
So...I hate to say it, but you really should wait. Your patience will be rewarded!

ej.exe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Acetyl pyrazine is absolutely key - it will not be right without it.
When you get FA Hazelnut, you'll toss TFA's out the window.
So...I hate to say it, but you really should wait. Your patience will be rewarded!
Thanks! I will just have to whip up some of your Girl Scout Samoas then :p :)

Is there by chance a comprehensive list of your recipes anywhere? The free ones I mean. I find a few in one thread or a few more in another, but I have yet to find a full list..

Maybe if there isn't one, I will have to put one together!

Thanks again!
-EJ

Can i replace Cocoa (FA) with something similar (I can't seem to find this flavour where i live)? Also, can I use DX Hazelnut (TPA) instead of Hazelnut (FA), if yes, will it be the same percentage of 1.5% ? Thanks.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Can i replace Cocoa (FA) with something similar (I can't seem to find this flavour where i live)? Also, can I use DX Hazelnut (TPA) instead of Hazelnut (FA), if yes, will it be the same percentage of 1.5% ? Thanks.

I don't know of any other flavoring like FA Cocoa. If I didn't have it, I wouldn't make this. :(

I don't know of any other flavoring like FA Cocoa. If I didn't have it, I wouldn't make this. :(

I love ferrero rocher as a chocolate so I'm eager on doing this as an e-liquid. I can get a hold of hot cocoa (CAP) and I also have DX Hazelnut (TPA) in my stash, the rest would be from FA. Maybe the flavourings are not entirely the same but I reckon they could be quite similar or close? Do you recommend using a different percentage since they are from different vendors (I'm really new in DIY)? Thanks.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I can get a hold of hot cocoa (CAP) and I also have DX Hazelnut (TPA) in my stash,

FA Cocoa is dark baking cocoa - literally the flavor of cocoa powder like Nutella uses. CAPS Hot Cocoa is more like a cup of hot chocolate. There really is no equivalent I know of for FA Cocoa in this recipe, especially because it's a lead flavor. If you tell us what country you're in, I'll help you find a source for FA. No other cocoa+hazelnut combo will work well here.

Sorry for the late reply, I live in Cyprus, its a European island in the Mediterranean sea in case you might not know where Cyprus is. However i order my flavour concentrates from countries in the EU for less tax and easier shipment to where i live as i can't find many cheap stores with lots of variety of flavours to buy DIY stuff. I mostly use 1-2 companies based in the UK who have a very large variety from many vendors with reasonable prices and a good costumers service too. However they don't have FA Cocoa. Any information would be highly appreciated :)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I just ordered the flavourings, and i will make it as soon as i get them. How long do i have to steep/breath or crockpot the eliquid to have a good ferrero taste? Thanks

Just let it sit a day or two (cap on, room temp) - nothing fancy required.

Just let it sit a day or two (cap on, room temp) - nothing fancy required.
What ratios of VG/PG do you recommend? I usually go for 60/40... Also the flavourings i ordered said they where PG and water soluble, will that affect my total ratio? Will the ratio of VG/PG affect the taste ? Sorry for my noob questions, I'm very new in D.I.Y. and i try to learn as much as possible so i can keep in mind.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
What ratios of VG/PG do you recommend? I usually go for 60/40... Also the flavourings i ordered said they where PG and water soluble, will that affect my total ratio? Will the ratio of VG/PG affect the taste ? Sorry for my noob questions, I'm very new in D.I.Y. and i try to learn as much as possible so i can keep in mind.

Use whatever VG/PG ratio you prefer. Most flavorings include lots of PG, so DIYers generally count flavorings as additional PG when figuring the final balance.
To super-simplify it, PG adds throat hit; VG adds sweetness and more vapor. I use max-VG, but your 60/40 is a good compromise if you don't already have a preference.

jsc787

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hic once again another one of your mixes that I have feel in love with got 2 questions for you would it be safe to up these percentages to double or .5 of listed % to make the taste a bit stronger and do you have any banana flavor mixes

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Hic once again another one of your mixes that I have feel in love with got 2 questions for you would it be safe to up these percentages to double or .5 of listed % to make the taste a bit stronger and do you have any banana flavor mixes

If you know you like the recipe and want to vape plenty of it, I have a suggestion: make a bottle of flavorings-only to use at any strength you want.
Just use ml instead of percents, like this:
2.5 ml FA Chocolate
1.5 ml FA Cocoa
1.5 ml FA Hazelnut
(and so on)

You'll end up with 9ml of Ferrero Rocher flavoring. Use it at 9% and it'll taste just like the recipe here. Just use more for stronger flavor. Double would be 18% - almost certainly too strong to enjoy. An extra 50% would be 13.5% - still pushing the limit, in my opinion. With just the one bottle of flavoring to mess with, it'll be simple to try 10% or 12%, which I'd recommend trying first.

jsc787

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you know you like the recipe and want to vape plenty of it, I have a suggestion: make a bottle of flavorings-only to use at any strength you want.
Just use ml instead of percents, like this:
2.5 ml FA Chocolate
1.5 ml FA Cocoa
1.5 ml FA Hazelnut
(and so on)

You'll end up with 9ml of Ferrero Rocher flavoring. Use it at 9% and it'll taste just like the recipe here. Just use more for stronger flavor. Double would be 18% - almost certainly too strong to enjoy. An extra 50% would be 13.5% - still pushing the limit, in my opinion. With just the one bottle of flavoring to mess with, it'll be simple to try 10% or 12%, which I'd recommend trying first.
Ill definitely be using this alot i was ordering some stuff to make like 300ml of it its good at the 9% just want the flavor to hit a little more

jsc787

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good lord made up'd the % by .25 on each flavor and made a 30ml batch hot bath stepped in damn near boiling water for a hr then vapes it the taste is incredible for the most part sometimes the taste is mute on a few drags idk why using it on my new iStick 100w and TFV4 i got in the mail today :eek:

I just got my flavourings in (more than 3 weeks after placing the order:( ). I am planning to make the eliquid today using e-liquid-recipe calculator. I have set all the flavouring along with the percentages but there's an option of if its diluted in PG, VG or Other which affects the total amount of VG/PG ratio. Lets say i choose that they are all PG diluted, i get the calculation that i need 9.3ml of PG and and 16.33 of VG base but If i choose that they are water diluted (other) the calculation comes up as 10.92 PG & 14.71VG. Which should i go for a total 60/40 Ratio ? Thanks

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I have set all the flavouring along with the percentages but there's an option of if its diluted in PG, VG or Other which affects the total amount of VG/PG ratio. ...

FA flavorings are PG-based, so that calculation with 9.3ml of PG is what you want.

Hamajang

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Im currently using nude nicotine. Would that affect the flavor? I currently have an order of VT Nicotine on the way.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Im currently using nude nicotine. Would that affect the flavor?

The best way to find out for sure is to mix a little batch with no nic. If your nic isn't great, chocolate flavors are more affected than most others, so you'll know quickly.

submoa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm vaping this now on Taifun GT @ 10W. Just replaced FA Chocolate by TFA Double chocolate (clear) because I don't have it. It's a greath, smooth and well blended juice.

Thank you!

For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

HIC's Ferrero Rocher recipe: these truffles are produced by Ferrero, who also make Nutella. Ferrero Roche are truffles with a hazelnut center, creamy hazelnut ganache, a wafer-thin cookie shell, thick layer of rich milk chocolate, and a coating of chopped hazelnuts. The real candy and this recipe include more hazelnut flavor than Nutella.

2.5% FA Chocolate
1.5% FA Cocoa
1.5% FA Hazelnut
1.5% TFA Acetyl Pyrazine: http://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/p-6826-acetyl-pyrazine-5-pg.aspx
1% FA Caramel
0.5% FA Cookie
0.5% FA Vienna Cream

Try to let this sit for a day or two after mixing. The Hazelnut becomes smoother and richer during the first couple of days - but it won't change much after that. This total of 9% flavoring is pretty high, as far as my recipes go, but it will not taste complete if you try to dilute it!

Ferrero's spreads and candies use rich milk chocolate - so you'll notice some percents and ratios here differ from my Swiss Bliss and Toblerone recipes. Acetyl Pyrazine is a key ingredient here, too - it smooths the "powder" out of Cocoa, takes that "liqueur/Hersey's" out of Chocolate, and generally sweetens the combination into chocolate candy. Because Ferrero's chocolate flavor requires less FA Cocoa, it's easier on wicks and less likely to singe than darker chocolate flavors.
Can the Vienna be substituted with anything else???
Everywhere is out of stock

VU Sponsors