Become a Patron!

HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My attys sit flush. I mainly use Aromamizer Supremes but have also had a Billow V2, Billow V3 Plus, and Griffin 25mm on them.

Funny thing happened, no it's not fixed...

Got the Bachelor base and attached VT75 top plate out of the freezer and managed to separate them. Cranked that beyatch back on the VT tight. :p

Swapping between the VTs, I put the 'Mizer on the 75 and the Bachelor on the 133.
And it sits flush... or near enough as makes no never mind. :eek:

Thinking maybe I had just powered through rough threading (cold hardened threads? :p ) I pulled the B and started re-testing all of the others.

No joy. :(

Opened a VNW ticket a while ago, I should check my mail.
Can't return before Monday at the earliest so I'll have it for a few days minimum.
Just glad it's looking (fingers crossed) like I won't have to return both.

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Will do Steve. Both of these Nic are really good(tasteless)! Nicotine River is sold out at the moment, but usually runs 310.00 for the good stuff. which I make into 250mg 8oz bottles. E-liq has 250mg liter bottles that can go straight into the freezer, if you're to lazy to bottle and mix your own stuff :)

https://www.e-liq.com/nicotine/pure-nicotine/fda-approved-100-pure-nicotine-1kg

https://www.nicotineriver.com/collections/usp-pure-nicselect-nicotine/products/1-liter
+ For nicotine river!

I also get nic from here: http://www.nicotinelabs.com/

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I love the Supreme, it's by far and away my favorite RTA. I get the best flavor from it period. It's very easy to build and wicking couldn't be easier. I have a Black and SS in rotation (mainly all I use now). FT had a memorial day sale (10% off code) which I bought 4 more Black Supremes for my Vape Apocalypse Stash. I can't say anything better than that. Now I will say they are thirsty beasts but I DIY my juice so it's not a big deal.

PS FT has the SS one for ~$30 and the Black for ~$33. I don't think there is a better deal out there for them. I bought all of mine from them. Be warned they make all my other RTA's to some extent feel like the flavor is muted. I will say out of all my RTA's, I like the Billow V3 Plus next best, but they are all sitting on the shelf. I just can't put the Supremes down. The Griffin 25mm has been a royal PITA and Geekvape CS sucks the big one imo.

Cheers,
Steve

My wife would like a word with you mister!
Based on your opinion, I have ordered a Supreme from FT.
Since yours work so well with your mods, I thought "Why not do dual coils?" Double your pleasure, double your fun!

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My wife would like a word with you mister!
Based on your opinion, I have ordered a Supreme from FT.
Since yours work so well with your mods, I thought "Why not do dual coils?" Double your pleasure, double your fun!

I'm a huge fan as well! While you are on FT, you can also get colored glass sections... ordering a black one soon. It's gonna help with my murdered out set up :) As Steve mentioned, darker glass works on this tank because the JC is clearly adjustable from the outside of the tank :) That did not work well with my Griffin!!!! Looked great but performed horribly , could not see where my JC was.

Congrats on the Supremes... they are fantastic and its next to impossible to get a dry hit...TC or Not!

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm a huge fan as well! While you are on FT, you can also get colored glass sections... ordering a black one soon. It's gonna help with my murdered out set up :) As Steve mentioned, darker glass works on this tank because the JC is clearly adjustable from the outside of the tank :) That did not work well with my Griffin!!!! Looked great but performed horribly , could not see where my JC was.

Congrats on the Supremes... they are fantastic and its next to impossible to get a dry hit...TC or Not!
I really like the Black Glass on the Black Supreme. I bought all 3 colored glasses for the Supremes from FT along with a couple of spare bases (Like I said, this is my Vape Apocalypse stash). I'm still waiting on the Red glass.

PS This is all original STEAM CRAVE equipment, not 3rd party. Very good quality. My attys all came clean (no machine oil smell) smooth threads, etc. I'm trying to convey that they are done right, no corners were cut.

IMG_20160523_200217_zpstckxf4s0.jpg

IMG_20160610_095301_zpskglm5uoh.jpg

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ti is from my experience a bit finicky. I posted yesterday vaguely about this. Here's what I might try;

Reduce your pre-heat, perhaps disable and work your way up in balance

Raise your temp to about 500-510

Lastly, if you have any SS around abandon Ti altogether:)...j/k but Ti is a bit "too accurate" and not very forgiving

Good Luck!

Sent from a random device, most likely a LG V10
Thanks!

I am finding this out about the Ti being finicky and too accurate like you say. My pre-heat was disabled and I didn't want to raise the temps that high (shades of a non functional eVic VTC Mini). I went through and tightened the post screws, the resistance changed to 0.18Ω, I locked in that instead of the 0.16Ω and it started working much better. With things hinging on a 0.03Ω difference, the Ti is just not worth the hassle. I have since replaced the Ti with a parallel SS430 build that works excellent.

Last edited:

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I still have a couple of roils of TI01 around that I haven't used since getting my SS430. When I used it I didn't have any issue with TC on my other DNA200 mods.

I started with Ni200 (I liked the taste but it was too malleable and I didn't like the fact you couldn't dry burn it, at least 3 rolls of that left as well), graduated onto Ti01 (to me it had an off taste, little metalic iirc compared to Ni200, was also not going to dry burn that), then UD SS316L (I never cared for my TC graphs with 316, still at least 3 rolls of that in the desk), then finally SS430 (I have no issues with that).

A couple of things on Ti01. Is it grade 1? If not the TCR will definitely be off. I've always had better luck using spaced coils in TC. Are yours spaced?

Cheers,
Steve

PS I have enough wire around here to open an Electrical Supply Store :D:giggle:
Thanks!

Same here, I have SS316L 26g & 24g, SS430 28g, Kanthal 30g to 22g, Ni200 30g to 26g, Tempered Ni200 28g and the Unkamen Ti 28g & 26g which is GR1 from what I read. The Ti build was not spaced but pulsed at 10W to remove any hot spots. I have since removed the Ti build and went with an SS430 parallel build which works excellent.

Just trying out the TC functions of the VT133.

I also have some 20g SS316L that I should try out in a dripper build one of these days. :D

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks!

Same here, I have SS316L 26g & 24g, SS430 28g, Kanthal 30g to 22g, Ni200 30g to 26g, Tempered Ni200 28g and the Unkamen Ti 28g & 26g which is GR1 from what I read. The Ti build was not spaced but pulsed at 10W to remove any hot spots. I have since removed the Ti build and went with an SS430 parallel build which works excellent.

Just trying out the TC functions of the VT133.

I also have some 20g SS316L that I should try out in a dripper build one of these days. :D
Nice, that 20g is gonna be interesting. Parallel or twisted, combo? My 22 takes long to raise to temp and cool. let me know what ya come up with. have fun!!

Last edited:

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks!

I am finding this out about the Ti being finicky and too accurate like you say. My pre-heat was disabled and I didn't want to raise the temps that high (shades of a non functional eVic VTC Mini). I went through and tightened the post screws, the resistance changed to 0.18Ω, I locked in that instead of the 0.16Ω and it started working much better. With things hinging on a 0.03Ω difference, the Ti is just not worth the hassle. I have since replaced the Ti with a parallel SS430 build that works excellent.
Yeah, Ti in general range is 450-500. I found that a decent vape happens around 530 in my builds. Good move going 430...Ti is just not worth it to me... surprisingly soft. This is why tightening the post past normal tightness has such a drastic impact. Simply put, I'm just not a fan. As Steve said as well...I found the taste not to be great/metallic. That was the last straw for me..too much work with bad taste.

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Nice, that 20g is gonna be interesting. Parallel or twisted, combo? My 22 takes long to raise to temp and cool. let me know what ya come up with. have fun!!

I will do that.
It will probably be a simple single coil as the resistance is just too low on it for duals but we'll see. ;)

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will do that.
It will probably be a simple single coil as the resistance is just too low on it for duals but we'll see. ;)
True that. You're right...I already complain about a dual 22G 13 wrap dunno what I was thinking at that moment.

I know...I was thinking of my next DNA purchase, whatever that will be.lol

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well I found a new love. I twisted up two strands of 28g SS430, then twisted two pieces of that together again as per @dwcraig1's recommendation.
Running in at 6 wraps on 3mm for 0.34Ω, 400F/50W provides one mighty vape on the Merlin. Excellent flavor and vapor production with just the right amount of heat for me.

It sure is a spongy coil to put in place so a little torching will be required. I need to spin up more of this for the other Merlin, and put a pair in my Genelocity to see how well it fairs on the Cuboid with a TCR of 138.

ETA:
My VT75 should be here Tuesday and my Ravens Moon will be another week yet.

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not an authentic good sir, those are way above my pay scale.
My logic also screams "Are you out of your rabbit ass mind" even considering an authentic. :giggle:
Looking at the original once more...I don't "see" how $300 is remotely justified. Velocity deck-check, tried and tested air flow-check.. the only "innovation" that I "see" is the RDA capability.

Now, what I can "see" is the obvious quality and it's stunning looks. It's not $300 stunning but I would give a clone a try. Think Kayfun...I have an original that's too light to be a door stop now

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You mean somebody cloned the Raven's Moon?

Looking at the original once more...I don't "see" how $300 is remotely justified. Velocity deck-check, tried and tested air flow-check.. the only "innovation" that I "see" is the RDA capability.

Now, what I can "see" is the obvious quality and it's stunning looks. It's not $300 stunning but I would give a clone a try. Think Kayfun...I have an original that's too light to be a door stop now

Yes Indeed!
They dropped the stainless tank for a plastic version, a full SS tank would have been sweet.

Choose your Poison, mine is the FT 316 Version.
3F
http://www.3fvape.com/rebuildable-a...lver-stainless-steel-4-7ml-22mm-diameter.html

FT
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10023192/5021200-raven-s-moon-styled-rda-rebuildable-atomizer

or FC
http://focalecig.com/Product/Raven-s-Moon-Style316SS-RDTA-Rebuildable-AtomizerSilver-45064

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Awe man. Thanks for the tip. At $30 I will definitely give this a shot and add to my stash. The original, based on these prices should be around $100. $130 if they want crazy margin. There used to be a time when companies did not look at a 40% profit as losing. Thanks, highly appreciate the info...have not bought clones in years but this is interesting!

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Awe man. Thanks for the tip. At $30 I will definitely give this a shot and add to my stash. The original, based on these prices should be around $100. $130 if they want crazy margin. There used to be a time when companies did not look at a 40% profit as losing. Thanks, highly appreciate the info...have not bought clones in years but this is interesting!

You are most welcome!
They will not be the same quality materials/machining as an authentic, but close enough for government work... Enjoy! :cheers:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've spent $200 a couple of times for an atty before, that was 3 years ago. Never again though.
:eek::eek::eek: I hesitated when the first Aromamizer supreme I bought was $36 :giggle::giggle::giggle:. I can be a tad on the thrifty side every once in awhile. It's funny, I don't mind spending over $100 on a mod, but before the Supremes, my attys were usually all around $20-$25 (I look for sales and buy a lot of my attys from FT).

Edit I'm not talking about clones. My Billow V2's, Belluses were bought for around $20 each. My Griffin 25, Billow V3 Plus were less than $30 each (Eciggity big spring sale, iirc 30% off). On the clone front my Tobecco KFL+s were around $25. I'm just a good shopper (sounds better than thrifty or, hmm, hmm, cheap lol)

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Looking at buying one, which clone would you recommend? 3f, ft, focal. They look pretty identical. Which do you own?

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've spent $200 a couple of times for an atty before, that was 3 years ago. Never again though.
Yup, I've only done it once with the Kayfun at $150 and the Orchid just under $100 I think. Never again. With my Supremes, Geek Vape products and a few other cheapies..Why?

Getting a Herakles(finally) today from local BM prob this clone and Boreas from FT while I'm there.

Side note, any opinions on the Herakles? The reviews are of course great..but ya know how that goes.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Looking at buying one, which clone would you recommend? 3f, ft, focal. They look pretty identical. Which do you own?
Like Steve posted, I have the FT 316 version on the way.
Without reviews or productive discussion on the product page, it is a dice roll with any clone on the quality. I chose the FT version as I already had an order made up waiting on something else, so I just added it to the cart. I have read that the 3F version is good and the FT 316 could be the same MFG but none are listed.

Like any clone YMMV, have a Dremel ready for tweaks and fine tuning if required. :giggle:

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Like Steve posted, I have the FT 316 version on the way.
Without reviews or productive discussion on the product page, it is a dice roll with any clone on the quality. I chose the FT version as I already had an order made up waiting on something else, so I just added it to the cart. I have read that the 3F version is good and the FT 316 could be the same MFG but none are listed.

Like any clone YMMV, have a Dremel ready for tweaks and fine tuning if required. :giggle:
Ok thanks, let me know how you like it once it shows up.
He bought the one from FastTech made out of SS316
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10023192/5021200-raven-s-moon-styled-rda-rebuildable-atomizer

Posted by TrollDragon
"Yes Indeed!
They dropped the stainless tank for a plastic version, a full SS tank would have been sweet.

Choose your Poison, mine is the FT 316 Version.

Cheers,
Steve
Oh I didn't realize he had already posted it. I probably just skipped over that part. Gotta read shit more carefully..Lol
It seems like a kickass little setup. Hmm wondering if I should order one or wait to see how Trolldragon likes his. Or whether I really need another atty. You can never have to much vape gear right?
:giggle:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok thanks, let me know how you like it once it shows up.

Oh I didn't realize he had already posted it. I probably just skipped over that part. Gotta read shit more carefully..Lol
It seems like a kickass little setup. Hmm wondering if I should order one or wait to see how Trolldragon likes his. Or whether I really need another atty. You can never have to much vape gear right?
:giggle:
I'm not familiar with the term: "Too much vape gear" lmao :giggle:

PS I would probably let TD be the Guinea pig, I know I have been enough times lol

Cheers,
Steve

MikeyConti

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Idk if this has been posted, im on my phone, no computer so it's hard to read everything on here but VapeNW has the VT133 for $99 right now instead of $120 !

Sorry if its already news lol
Wish i could grab another :(

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Idk if this has been posted, im on my phone, no computer so it's hard to read everything on here but VapeNW has the VT133 for $99 right now instead of $120 !

Sorry if its already news lol
Wish i could grab another :(
Hi Mikey,

It was posted earlier in the thread, but a reminder never hurts. GearBest also has a Flash Sale on the Black on Black for $90.75 shipped. I had some discount points (ended up being ~$85) so I ordered one from GB since I'm not in a big hurry (being $15 cheaper didn't hurt either lol :D).

Cheers,
Steve

BulletStopper

Member For 4 Years
I'm currently running 9 wraps of 0.4 mm Ti in my Merlin. Came out 0.38 ohms.

Using the settings from Steve's settings. Bumped the temp to 450 and getting a good vape.

Waiting on the 430 to arrive. Didn't care for the 22 ga 316 L in TC.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Guys,

I had some time today to do a little experimenting. I decided to dig out my UD SS316L. I was looking at the TC graph and it was pretty jagged so I decided to try the SS304 CSV that's included in the file and it smoothed it out a little. Keep in mind if you go that route it might run a little hot since SS304's TCR is a touch higher. Anyway here's the graphs if anyone is interested:

UD SS316L using SS304's CSV file from Steam Engine
upload_2016-6-25_22-32-54.png

UD SS316L using the SS316L CSV from Steam Engine
upload_2016-6-25_22-37-24.png

UD SS316L using SS317 Haywire CSV from Steam Engine
upload_2016-6-25_22-40-54.png

T0cBNE5.jpg

Notes: I was using an Aromamizer Supreme, Dual Coil, 2.5mm, 7wraps, .22 ohms on a VT133 of course ;)

Cheers,
Steve

Edit After vaping a whole tank, I took off the 316L coils and went back to the SS430. To me it's a better vape in TC. Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained (I.E. I need to figure out some way to use up my SS316L :giggle:)

Last edited:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
From what I understand from Hcigar their not making anymore until they get orders for a minimum run of 500+

Seems kinda odd, especially since everyone is essentially sold out of anything but black or silver, and those are far and few between.

Guess the chinese don't use the same rational as others might. Meaning if the mods are selling like hotcakes, why stop production....500 mods ain't jack-shit when you're talking globally.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I saw the E-mail first thing in the morning. I already cancelled my order from GB and reordered from them. I figured why use up my points, still end up paying more, and wait forever. I was actually contemplating ordering one of each but decided for now to just get the Black on Black. I'm still debating whether I would like the Silver frame with the different colored battery covers.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I saw the E-mail first thing in the morning. I already cancelled my order from GB and reordered from them. I figured why use up my points, still end up paying more, and wait forever. I was actually contemplating ordering one of each but decided for now to just get the Black on Black. I'm still debating whether I would like the Silver frame with the different colored battery covers.

Cheers,
Steve

Oh bro you gotta get a silver. Lol. Enabler here.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I want a aromamizer supreme hopefully they go on sale soon

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
You can get a SS Supreme from FT for $30, Black is $33 shipped (use USPS E-Packet, it's pretty quick and free for orders over $20). You can get a SS for $32 and Black for $36 from VapeNW with the code. The FT price is the best I know of atm (every once in awhile they run a 10% off sale - I bought 4 Black ones on Memorial day for $30 each - that is the cheapest I've ever seen them).

Cheers,
Steve

jackmormon

Member For 4 Years
I blame Wingfsfan and the rest of the enablers for my abused CC. Purchased a VT133 from ECIG a couple of weeks ago and totally fell in love with it. My 6th DNA200 device and now my favorite. So in the spirit of vape hoarding I purchased 2nd one from VAPENW yesterday for $99.99. Already shipped. Saw the 20% off e-mail this morning and purchase a 3rd VT133 and Tsunami for $95.

Do I have a problem?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I blame Wingfsfan and the rest of the enablers for my abused CC. Purchased a VT133 from ECIG a couple of weeks ago and totally fell in love with it. My 6th DNA200 device and now my favorite. So in the spirit of vape hoarding I purchased 2nd one from VAPENW yesterday for $99.99. Already shipped. Saw the 20% off e-mail this morning and purchase a 3rd VT133 and Tsunami for $95.

Do I have a problem?
I'll have three VT133's too so no you don't have a problem. Now if it was four.... :giggle::giggle::giggle:

Cheers,
Steve

Edit I'll probably end up with four so even that isn't a problem
SmileyROFLMAO.gif

I'm just messing around. With the Deeming Regs, I don't see any problem with stocking up on what I consider a great mod for a very reasonable price! Unless something changes before 8-8-16, nothing new is going to be legally sold here, so what you see is what your choices will be.

Last edited:

jackmormon

Member For 4 Years
I'll have three VT133's too so no you don't have a problem. Now if it was four.... :giggle::giggle::giggle:

Cheers,
Steve

Phewww...Glad I am not alone ;)

BTW-Thanks for your escribe profile.....I was already familiar with Escribe but it is a great jumpstart for configuring one of these. Just had to turn the temp protect message off and upload a Nife52 profile and ready to rock. Now I have a mormonized Wingsfan profile to load into the other two which will be setup, tested, and put in the vapeocolypse box along with about a dozen new tanks. Now to move on to hoarding some nic juice!

VU Sponsors