Become a Patron!

Hank's Doghaus the antisocial social thread

Skullzz

Blonde disaster
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Wish I could say good morning but it's not! Got our rock for the dogs yard delivered at 7:30am ugh. Will spend the rest of the day spreading it in the backyard inside the dogs fence. Oh the fun! Shoot me now please!
6619a55381f9c1a741b5ec9470f7834c.jpg

Sent from a pay phone

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, it's Friday, so all you timeclock punchers are probably happy about that. My order has left Bellingham and arrived at Kent, WA, but that means it's still in WA, so still might be subject to the black hole up there. :D It says the expected delivery day is tomorrow, but somehow I kinda doubt that. I'm willing to be pleasantly surprised, though. :D

Andria

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's been a long day, Jimi -- normally we split our grocerying over 2 days, since we use several different grocery stores, but my husband was off today because he had some lab thing at the VA today, so we got it all done in one day... and my feet are not happy about that! :D But it was payday and I got to spend $62 at ECX, enough to get free shipping, yay, so I guess it was a pretty good day, even with the unusual activity level. :D

How was your day?

Andria
it was hot humid and just plain nasty, I won't order from EXC unless I am getting enough to get free shipping. hope hubbys labs come out good.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wish I could say good morning but it's not! Got our rock for the dogs yard delivered at 7:30am ugh. Will spend the rest of the day spreading it in the backyard inside the dogs fence. Oh the fun! Shoot me now please!
6619a55381f9c1a741b5ec9470f7834c.jpg

Sent from a pay phone
HiYa Skully my dear friend that does sound like a fun ass day, hows you?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
it was hot humid and just plain nasty, I won't order from EXC unless I am getting enough to get free shipping. hope hubbys labs come out good.

He's still showing zero HepC, so the VA's treatment seems to have been effective. He doesn't have to go back for another round of bloodwork till December; I think this was his second post-treatment clean bill of health. This is a huge relief for both of us, as you might guess. I really dunno how I avoided catching it from him, but I don't seem to have it. :)

Andria

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Would someone please go fetch me an espresso before I begin wreaking havoc and mayhem?!?!?

doc_iguana

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Top of the morning! and Happy Monday :)

Hank - in the interest of enablin, I think VaporBeast has the authentic El Cabron RDA from compvape on sale for under $20 :)

granted, it ain't a goon, but very solid 3 post atty with decent room in post holes

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Hank - in the interest of enablin, I think VaporBeast has the authentic El Cabron RDA from compvape on sale for under $20 :)

granted, it ain't a goon, but very solid 3 post atty with decent room in post holes
Did I tell you I got a Troll v2 for &22 shipped, from efun?l lol

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Did I tell you I got a Troll v2 for &22 shipped, from efun?l lol
I also ordered a Thump RDA as a Father's Day gift! ($52 shipped, from Mt Baker)

DoctorJ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
How did I not find this thread before? Too fuckin' lazy I guess. So, this is where all the curmudgeons like myself hang? In that case I have something to say...the more people I meet, the more I want to stay home, but then again my neighbors are assholes.

Seems like my only refuge is getting on my boat and heading to the middle of the lake, however, I tried that yesterday and some dickhead kept cutting in front of me with his boat trying to get to a prime fishing spot. So I pulled into one spot, way away from him, and waited for the guy to get close enough and put a big weight on my rod and casted his way. He was pretty pissed when it hit his boat and yelled a few expletives at me. I gave him a big smile and said, "Sorry sir, that one got away from me. I have a few issues with distance since my stroke (which is true)." I figured since my step son was with me I'd better leave it alone and we moved to the other side of the lake. Well not long after that here this butt nugget comes. So I put a lure with treble hooks on my pole and casted into the middle of his boat and hooked his tackle box. I gave the rod one good yank and his shit goes flying everywhere! Now this dude is ultra pissed and he threatens to come over and kick my ass. I ignored him and a few seconds later here he comes. Once he got close enough and was still yelling I pulled up my shirt to reveal my side arm (I have a conceal and carry permit). Next thing I know he turns his boat around and hauls ass away from me. 20 mins later here comes the game warden in his boat (I know the guy pretty well). He asked me what happened and I told him. Apparently the other guy told him I pulled my weapon and threatened him. We chatted for a bit and the warden was familiar with the other guy and said he'd had multiple complaints about him "crowding" other people on the lake. All this stupid shit over a fishing spot when there's plenty of lake to fish in. I regret that my step son had to see all this and especially when I revealed my sidearm. We had a long talk about the whole thing on the way home and I told him weapons were not the answer to every situation and only as a last resort. I thought once my wife heard about this I'd get the "what for", but surprisingly she was pretty calm about it.

Sorry, didn't mean to rant over this but I mean really, I had to reveal a weapon to get that dickhead to leave us alone. GEESH!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
How did I not find this thread before? Too fuckin' lazy I guess. So, this is where all the curmudgeons like myself hang? In that case I have something to say...the more people I meet, the more I want to stay home, but then again my neighbors are assholes.

Seems like my only refuge is getting on my boat and heading to the middle of the lake, however, I tried that yesterday and some dickhead kept cutting in front of me with his boat trying to get to a prime fishing spot. So I pulled into one spot, way away from him, and waited for the guy to get close enough and put a big weight on my rod and casted his way. He was pretty pissed when it hit his boat and yelled a few expletives at me. I gave him a big smile and said, "Sorry sir, that one got away from me. I have a few issues with distance since my stroke (which is true)." I figured since my step son was with me I'd better leave it alone and we moved to the other side of the lake. Well not long after that here this butt nugget comes. So I put a lure with treble hooks on my pole and casted into the middle of his boat and hooked his tackle box. I gave the rod one good yank and his shit goes flying everywhere! Now this dude is ultra pissed and he threatens to come over and kick my ass. I ignored him and a few seconds later here he comes. Once he got close enough and was still yelling I pulled up my shirt to reveal my side arm (I have a conceal and carry permit). Next thing I know he turns his boat around and hauls ass away from me. 20 mins later here comes the game warden in his boat (I know the guy pretty well). He asked me what happened and I told him. Apparently the other guy told him I pulled my weapon and threatened him. We chatted for a bit and the warden was familiar with the other guy and said he'd had multiple complaints about him "crowding" other people on the lake. All this stupid shit over a fishing spot when there's plenty of lake to fish in. I regret that my step son had to see all this and especially when I revealed my sidearm. We had a long talk about the whole thing on the way home and I told him weapons were not the answer to every situation and only as a last resort. I thought once my wife heard about this I'd get the "what for", but surprisingly she was pretty calm about it.

Sorry, didn't mean to rant over this but I mean really, I had to reveal a weapon to get that dickhead to leave us alone. GEESH!

My father had a CCW permit; he always kept it in the console of his truck, and once had to reveal it to get some ostensible "panhandler" (who was probably actually looking for an easy mark to rob/carjack) to leave him alone. He said he'd never seen a supposedly "wounded veteran" run so fast in his life. :D

Weapons really are most useful when the simple possession of them makes some no-good-nik consider the error of their ways.

Andria

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Hi Doc! Good to make your acquaintance. If I were in that spot you were, I wouldn't have been quite as gracious as you. lol

DoctorJ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
My father had a CCW permit; he always kept it in the console of his truck, and once had to reveal it to get some ostensible "panhandler" (who was probably actually looking for an easy mark to rob/carjack) to leave him alone. He said he'd never seen a supposedly "wounded veteran" run so fast in his life. :D

Weapons really are most useful when the simple possession of them makes some no-good-nik consider the error of their ways.

Andria

I'm a vet too. I was wounded during the Grenada invasion. Had I been 2 inches taller and standing an inch to the left, I'd be castrato now :rolleyes: I was really lucky the bullet didn't do that much damage and I recovered pretty quickly with no lasting effects.

I just hate I had to show this dude my weapon, especially in front of my step son, and on Father's day no less. My step son lost his dad going on 3 years ago. The guy basically drank and drugged himself to death and dropped dead of a heart attack at the age of 40. I don't have any children of my own and I'm trying to be the best "father figure" I can be. I have to be really careful what I do and say because since the death of his dad, he's really looking to me for guidance and I'm doing my best to teach him what it takes to be a respectful person. Fortunately my step son doesn't get into trouble and he's a pretty good kid. I just don't want him to think that weapons are the answer to every situation. 15 year olds are pretty impressionable ya know!

I've only had to show my weapon 2 times before and both of those times were very different, however, the same in the fact that some ass hat pushes a situation to that point.

DoctorJ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Hi Doc! Good to make your acquaintance. If I were in that spot you were, I wouldn't have been quite as gracious as you. lol

Had my step son not been with me, I'd probably have handled it differently, however, I try to take the "high ground" since my army days and avoid conflict. Believe me when I say, I was sooooooo tempted to pop a round in the hull of that guy's boat, but that woulda been more trouble then that prick was worth.

Last edited:

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Had my step son not been with me, I'd probably have handled it differently, however, I try to take the "high ground" since my army days and avoid conflict. Believe me when I say, I was sooooooo tempted to pop a round in the hull of that guy's boat, but that woulda been more trouble than that prick was worth.
I too, am a veteran. Was Army, Storm/Shield. I'm not into guns. If I have to make a "statement" of my positions on things, I'm gonna do it with my bare freaking hands. (Ok, I might have a knife just in case)

DoctorJ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I too, am a veteran. Was Army, Storm/Shield. I'm not into guns. If I have to make a "statement" of my positions on things, I'm gonna do it with my bare freaking hands. (Ok, I might have a knife just in case)

I'd prefer that too, however, after my stroke 9 years ago and two neck surgeries, I'm not sure how well I'd do in a fist fight. Thankfully I haven't had to find out and hope I never do. Instead of choking the shit out of someone, I just have one of those Ally McBeal moments in my head and that usually suppresses the urge :giggle:

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'd prefer that too, however, after my stroke 9 years ago and two neck surgeries, I'm not sure how well I'd do in a fist fight. Thankfully I haven't had to find out and hope I never do. Instead of choking the shit out of someone, I just have one of those Ally McBeal moments in my head and that usually suppresses the urge :giggle:
I haven't been in a fight since the early 90s. People don't fuck with me for some reason. lol

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Here, if you really want to kick some bad music ass....

VU Sponsors