Become a Patron!

GOVERNMENT WATCH!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It appears the major difference between informed conservative voters and you hysterical libbie moonbats
is that the conservatives vote for who is best for the nation.
Liberals vote for who supports their 'victimized' self pity and gives em free stuff at my expense... and fuck the country's future.

I'm not a liberal and have never taken a penny of government handouts.
I am also planning on zero SSI so if all the current handouts and deficit spending break the handout economy, I'll be all good in retirement.

Trumps just adding to it giving to business entities now so we are just going further down the hole. They will not hire more or pay more, they will just retain for rhe next recession or buy back stock. Great party for the market, I don't mind that. Been a great year and before that, a great decade.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope, it was long before that. Why do you think Tricky Dick bailed on the original Bretton Woods system under which the Dollar was still redeemable in gold (at $35 an ounce!) in 1971?

Meh. China owns $1.2 trillion in US debt. This is a relatively insignificant amount in the overall scheme of things. And FWIW, the reason they hold that US debt is to keep their own currency from rising in value, which would make them less competitive in the world's marketplace.

I don't think they talk about that on CNN Money. :p

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol, ME NEITHER
I was just curious if any of you assholes
Auburn fans! Fuck college

I BAM
I really do not care about watching or fanning for any sports.
I did like to play them but never cared for watching them, or ratchetjawing about their stats, etc.

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They will not hire more or pay more....

What do you mean will? It has already happened. Industry and employment at record levels!

Where you been for the last year?

And btw, the market languished and stagnated under your man Obama. so "the last 10 years" sucked
compared to the rocket we're riding now.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Expect another major financial adjustment towards the end of Trumps first term.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What do you mean will? It has already happened. Industry and employment at record levels!

Where you been for the last year?

And btw, the market languished and stagnated under your man Obama. so "the last 10 years" sucked
compared to the rocket we're riding now.

Maybe you missed how trump is selling this but his pitch is that corporations will return that tax savings the employees further increasing wages and reducing unemployment.
You're welcome for catching you up.

I've been invested over the past 10 years and if you think this trump bump is the only time over 10 years that has seen terrific gains, then you obviously haven't been invested in any asset class because everything but oil & gold are sharply higher.

Also, if you think the global economy turned around the day trump got elected, it was inherited. That is a big ship to turn around, it doesn't happen in a day or a year. He's a growth president and my portfolio is happier for it, but it was pretty giddy before trump and his comb over ever showed up.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Watch where yields go of they sell out and other nations sell to stop the losses.
We can barely afford out debt as it is, let alone if 30 years went from 3% to 5%
We would be another Greek 100%+ debt to GDP country.
We already are 100%+ debt to GDP. This is a bigger problem in Greece than here because Greece uses a currency (the Euro) they can't control or devalue. How much yields would rise if China were to sell would depend on who was buying and at what price. Yields have been unrealistically low for the better part of a decade now because the Federal Reserve has been buying them down. I suspect we'd see an immediate resumption of QE in an attempt to control yields if they went above some threshold. Of course this is all going to end in tears at some point, but I doubt the $1.2T that China has will be the trigger; the Fed has already absorbed several times that much into its balance sheet.

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe you missed how trump is selling this but his pitch is that corporations will return that tax savings the employees further increasing wages and reducing unemployment.
You're welcome for catching you up.

I've been invested over the past 10 years and if you think this trump bump is the only time over 10 years that has seen terrific gains, then you obviously haven't been invested in any asset class because everything but oil & gold are sharply higher.

Also, if you think the global economy turned around the day trump got elected, it was inherited. That is a big ship to turn around, it doesn't happen in a day or a year. He's a growth president and my portfolio is happier for it, but it was pretty giddy before trump and his comb over ever showed up.

Bump??? :eek::eek: It's not a bump silly... It's the repair of the nation... And that smell is the Swamp draining.
Before this is over, Trump may go down as the greatest president in post Civil War history.

Right ej???

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Trump is wonderful.
If you believe him :)

He can do no public speaking without praising himself....
The Navaho Talker thing was fully cringeworthy.
Give an award or medal? He makes it sound like the medal could not have been won without Trump.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't worry about it, daddy trump gave a big tax break to corporations so you'll be getting a fat pay raise next year.
He's still working on bringing the coal industry back still but that will happen too.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't worry about it, daddy trump gave a big tax break to corporations so you'll be getting a fat pay raise next year.
He's still working on bringing the coal industry back still but that will happen too.

I expected that shit, but I was also hoping to get tax break for the middle working class!OH WELL!

I BAM

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They will not hire more or pay more, they will just retain for rhe next recession or buy back stock.

Like they did under QE with artificially low/zero interest that resulted in an infusion of cheap or free money?

Stocks went up and unemployment went down.

The funny part is, you credit Obama with it but it was the Fed BANKS that done it. The Fed had to do it because Obama's government would not do it by allowing the corps to keep more of their own money.

Trump and the R's are doing essentially same, though through a different mechanism. Letting corps keep more of their own money rather than giving them access to cheap/free money through the banks(forcing them to borrow).

The second mechanism, Trump's, is the better mechanism. Why? Because when the Fed Reserve has to artificially set prices low for corps to borrow from, they can only go to zero and then they are out of ammo for the next downturn. Letting corps keep their own cash means the Federal Reserve can keep their lending tools(QE) for a rainy day.

Of course, this is all due to the original and core problem, government spending. The government overspends and somebody has to pay. Under Obama, it was decided by inaction, that the corps would take on more debt to keep the government from taking on more debt. But the debt is the same. With higher taxes, the corps have to borrow more.

Under Trump. the debt will(more so) be placed on the government. As it should be as it is the government that is spending the money.

QE and tax relief essentially do the same thing. Infuse cash. The only real difference is who's name the debt goes under. The corps that did not overspend or the government that did.

The true discussion to solve government debt is not about who pays it. The true discussion is about government over spending but nobody is having that discussion. It's not even on the fucking table. The only thing on the table is who's name is on the debt. The government is spending the money, so the debt should rightly go in the government's name. NOT corps. High tax and QE puts the debt in the corps name. Low tax and no QE puts the debt in the name of the spender, Uncle Sam.

And by the way, it doesn't matter who's name the debt is under, government or Corps. The people pay regardless through higher tax or increased price of goods and services. Corps pass the higher costs to consumers. It does not save the average person a dime to put the government debt in the name of the corps. All it does is give the government cover for it's fucking spending problem as dumb fucks bitch about the price of stuff while at the same time saying corps should pay more tax.

Even if the tax reform were not a better mechanism than QE, and it is, and it was simply an equal mechanism to QE I would prefer the tax reform. While it is doubtful that libtards and fake conservatives will ever admit that overspending is the real issue it's still easier to see the debt as a problem when the name the debt is in is the government's name rather than the corps name. Then we can have an honest discussion about spending and taxes with a true correlation.

Last edited:

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like they did under QE with artificially low/zero interest that resulted in an infusion of cheap or free money?

The funny part is, you credit Obama with it but it was the Fed BANKS that done it. The Fed had to do it because Obama's government would not do it by allowing the corps to keep more of their own money.

Trump and the R's are doing essentially same, though through a different mechanism. Letting corps keep more of their own money rather than giving them access to cheap/free money through the banks(forcing them to borrow).

The second mechanism, Trump's, is the better mechanism. Why? Because when the Fed Reserve has to artificially set prices low for corps to borrow from, they can only go to zero and then they are out of ammo for the next downturn. Letting corps keep their own cash means the Federal Reserve can keep their lending tools(QE) for a rainy day.

Of course, this is all due to the original and core problem, government spending. The government overspends and somebody has to pay. Under Obama, it was decided by inaction, that the corps would take on more debt to keep the government from taking on more debt. But the debt is the same. With higher taxes, the corps have to borrow more.

Under Trump. the debt will(more so) be placed on the government. As it should be as it is the government that is spending the money.

QE and tax relief essentially do the same thing. Infuse cash. The only real difference is who's name the debt goes under. The corps that did not overspend or the government that did.

The true discussion to solve government debt is not about who pays it. The true discussion is about government over spending but nobody is having that discussion. It's not even on the fucking table. The only thing on the table is who's name is on the debt. The government is spending the money, so the debt should rightly go in the government's name. NOT corps. High tax and QE puts the debt in the corps name. Low tax and no QE puts the debt in the name of the spender, Uncle Sam.

And by the way, it doesn't matter who's name the debt is under, government or Corps. The people pay regardless through higher tax or increased price of goods and services. Corps pass the higher costs to consumers. It does not save the average person a dime to put the government debt in the name of the corps.

Shut the fuck up...
You don’t pay taxes so shut ur mouth...
Talk about something else!

I BAM

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Shut the fuck up...
You don’t pay taxes so shut ur mouth...
Talk about something else!

I BAM

Was that too much for your pea brain to comprehend?

What do you want to talk about?

I think we should talk about why you have a convicted rapist as an avatar. ;)

Let's see if you can get more than three, three word sentences out to explain why rapist Tyson is your avatar. :popcorn:

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was that too much for your pea brain to comprehend?

What do you want to talk about?

I think we should talk about why you have a convicted rapist as an avatar. ;)

Let's see if you can get more than three, three word sentences out to explain why rapist Tyson is your avatar. :popcorn:

I don’t have to read shit, from someone that don’t pay taxes... it doesn’t affect ur cheating ass so STFU!

Mike Tyson is an idiot like trump..
Let me put trump up! Wait!

I BAM

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don’t have to read shit, from someone that don’t pay taxes... it doesn’t affect ur cheating ass so STFU!

Mike Tyson is an idiot like trump..
Let me put trump up! Wait!

I BAM

It does effect me. When the government is bankrupt due to their overspending, it will be difficult for them to pay me what they owe me.

I like the new avatar. Trump does indeed make the libtards get stupid. :D

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It does effect me. When the government is bankrupt due to their overspending, it will be difficult for them to pay me what they owe me.

I like the new avatar. Trump does indeed make the libtards get stupid. :D

You don’t pay shit, and we owe you?!
Shame on you! you complain bout welfare people but You do the same thing!
Trump is a libtard..only stupid people will vote for an IDIOT!
Which they did!

I BAM

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@ej1024
You don’t pay shit, and we owe you?!
Shame on you! you complain bout welfare people but You do the same thing!
Trump is a libtard..only stupid people will vote for an IDIOT!
Which they did!

I BAM

I earned my money. Welfare people didn't.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@ej1024

I earned my money. Welfare people didn't.
Social Security?
That liberal system that is a pyramid scheme?

For most right wingers Liberal systems are fine as long as they are benefiting from it.
Welfare would be fine if they are getting that.
Medicare?

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Social Security?
That liberal system that is a pyramid scheme?

For most right wingers Liberal systems are fine as long as they are benefiting from it.
Welfare would be fine if they are getting that.
Medicare?

Rightards n libtards are no different!
Just like this tax reform that got passed, all of them mofokers will benefit from it, no resistance what so ever!! Here in California, they want to increase state income tax again, increase car registration, increase property tax, gas already went up, state tax will go up again... fuckkkk... I make decent Money but omfg!

I BAM

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hope trump takes away the loophole you been enjoying and
Start contributing like the 98%

Good luck with that.

I suppose if they want to increase my payments by 20% or so, it would be okay to tax that income at the same rate and I just give it back. Except I won't give it back. I'll just restart my business and write off my losses and not send the IRS a dime. Might work out well for me. ;)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Interesting how business can write off the cost of making money but Reagan did away with pretty much all the work related deductions that individuals had for costs associated with their jobs.
And the few left have been pretty much done away with since then.

of course most do not remember or ever know that you could write off gas tax and interest on auto loans and some other things....
then there WAS income averaging if you got a big bonus one year....

I had never had to pay fed taxers above my withholding until Reagan had his tax cut....
Paid every year since....
Well except last year. I retired.
Yep drawing SS and loving it. Paid in the max for quite a few years....

another year or so and I can get medicare.
Paying $565/mo now for pithy Obamacare....

Last edited:

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

And by the way, it doesn't matter who's name the debt is under, government or Corps. The people pay regardless through higher tax or increased price of goods and services. Corps pass the higher costs to consumers. It does not save the average person a dime to put the government debt in the name of the corps. All it does is give the government cover for it's fucking spending problem as dumb fucks bitch about the price of stuff while at the same time saying corps should pay more tax.

Even if the tax reform were not a better mechanism than QE, and it is, and it was simply an equal mechanism to QE I would prefer the tax reform. While it is doubtful that libtards and fake conservatives will ever admit that overspending is the real issue it's still easier to see the debt as a problem when the name the debt is in is the government's name rather than the corps name. Then we can have an honest discussion about spending and taxes with a true correlation.

I never once credited obama. The Fed sets monitory policy.

The rest of that is blather but I did want to clear up you putting words in my mouth.

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never once credited obama. The Fed sets monitory policy.

The rest of that is blather but I did want to clear up you putting words in my mouth.

Sure ya did... You said 'the last 10 years' were great. That's an obamunist delusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors