GOVERNMENT WATCH!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
O yeah, the Chinese will lose more if they fuck with us!!

I BAM
Ohh they are doing fine so far.
Just go shopping for something not made in China.
They are going to defeat us thru capitalism and our love of overspending and debt.
How ironic....

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Trump is selling $45 ‘Make America Great Again’ pumpkin hats for Halloween

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-america-great-pumpkin-hats-article-1.3583632
Apparently they under-estimated the demand.

QEfYngD.png

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
MSNBC talking about the “so called jfk killer”
So stupid!

I BAM

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Trump is hoping that the release of the JFK assassination docs will take some heat off of him.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For Trumps corporate tax cut to work the govt will have to take in 4-5 times the total amount of corporate taxes they took in last year.
They only took in around 1/4 trillion total in corporate taxes last year.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
For Trumps corporate tax cut to work ....
I think it it depend on what you mean by "work". If you define that as "the government getting just as much or even more revenue" then you might be right. OTOH, if you define it as having more money left in the private economy and bringing back money that's currently stashed overseas, then you might see things differently.

Personally, I'll back any tax cut, anytime. Starve the beast.

Moniker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Does anyone really think that cutting corporate taxes will cause them to pay their employees more?
Corporations really pay way too much on taxes especially considering most of their money lives offshore, most of their workers are overseas, and they already pay for most of our political campaigns. You expect far too much from them. Tax the poor all they seem to do with their money is pay bills and buy groceries; seems like a waste to me.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The more corporate income that Trump has the more he would pay his employees?

And the Great Pumpkin is coming too :D

:wait:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ohh in another 20 years or so the Chinese will control our money supply and keep government spending down.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For anyone who actually believes that cutting corporate taxes will raise the average family's income by $4,000/YR.

The Great Pumpkin IS coming.

Have a great delusion.

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As annoying as it is reading a Cromwell post crying out in withdrawral pain that Trump stole his narcissistic supply several times a day, he is right about giving the wealthy a massive tax break will not make anyone posting here's life better and probably far worse.

In fact, if you take out the Republican and Trump association with this plan to transfer more wealth to the wealthiest, it comes across as the neoliberal globalism that it is. Anyone who lets the association affect their judgement is no better than the cognitively dissonant Soros zombies that support a welfare state and open borders or Islam and LGBT or feminism.

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a well hoarded supply of narcissism that I use some of on occasion :)
Not enough to stave off withdrawal it seems.

If anyone could imagine a super junkie with enough tolerance to ingest the nation's psychoactive drug supply and solving the drug problem by giving it all to them to get high on, you'd have the narcissism version in Trump which is why many addicts are screaming in withdrawal pain while he is flaunting how good it is making him feel to their faces. This is what Trump Derangement Syndrome is all about.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On globalization.
It is not possible at this point for the USA to avoid it or withdraw from it.
Since the 80's it has become so deeply ingrained in the USA that withdrawal would be devastating to us.

Sad but true.

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Trump IS the derangement.
He actually seems less mentally ill than most upper level elected office holders (both parties). The difference is that he tends to flaunt it whereas most career politicians try to conceal it. By flaunting it, it has forced career politicians to abandon efforts to conceal theirs hence the Beltway mental ward.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He actually seems less mentally ill than most upper level elected office holders (both parties). The difference is that he tends to flaunt it whereas most career politicians try to conceal it. By flaunting it, it has forced career politicians to abandon efforts to conceal theirs hence the Beltway mental ward.
Can't really disagree with that. On a few niggly points maybe but overall no.

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
On globalization.
It is not possible at this point for the USA to avoid it or withdraw from it.
Since the 80's it has become so deeply ingrained in the USA that withdrawal would be devastating to us.

Sad but true.
China is doing a remarkable job of putting its nation's economy ahead of globalism while exploiting the deranged westerners for their own gain.

Keep drinking the neoliberal/libertarian Kool-Aid that globalism is destiny. China isn't.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
China is doing a remarkable job of putting its nation's economy ahead of globalism while exploiting the deranged westerners for their own gain.

Keep drinking the neoliberal/libertarian Kool-Aid that globalism is destiny. China isn't.

If you read some of my posts above I said pretty much the same thing.
Communist China is conquering the USA thru capitalism and the short sighted greed of capitalists in the USA.
It is well under way.

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you read some of my posts above I said pretty much the same thing.
Communist China is conquering the USA thru capitalism and the short sighted greed of capitalists in the USA.
It is well under way.
There is no way neoliberal privatization of nearly everything with making higher education a form of indentured servitude is going to win a quantum communications and computing race against China. The US never would have caught up with the Soviet Union in the space race if it were neoliberal/libertarian rather than FDR socially democratic in the 1950s/60s.

Even Henry Kissinger (the man who woke the Chinese dragon) of all people is sounding the alarm on China and making public appearances with Steve Bannon to do so.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is far from certain. Too much within and outside China needs to be played out so too premature to have a 1980s, Japan superhumans taking over the world, fatalist view.

The US population as a whole are far too weak to take the steps necessary to avoid the outcome I projected.
And our 'leaders' are bought and paid for. And we as a whole are too stupid to elect leaders that will choose the correct but more difficult path for us. So it is inevitable.
The only question is how far it will go.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
giving the wealthy a massive tax break will not make anyone posting here's life better and probably far worse.
Uhm.... I'm posting here. I own a successful small business. It's a single-member LLC that's taxed as through it were a sole proprietorship. In other words, I get no salary, just the profits. Cutting my marginal rate from 39.6% to 25% most certainly will make my life better. :)

But I'd support this plan even if it didn't do a darn thing for me personally. Like I said, "Any tax cut, any time".

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Uhm.... I'm posting here. I own a successful small business. It's a single-member LLC that's taxed as through it were a sole proprietorship. In other words, I get no salary, just the profits. Cutting my marginal rate from 39.6% to 25% most certainly will make my life better. :)

But I'd support this plan even if it didn't do a darn thing for me personally. Like I said, "Any tax cut, any time".

Ohh I understand you viewpoint.
However mine is to cut spending before cutting taxes.
Just makes good business sense.
Cutting govt income does not cut govt spending....

Also small businesses pay a disproportionate share of corporate taxes.
The larger the business the smaller percentage they pay and some that profit greatly off of the national debt pay little to no taxes.

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

The link below has much less generous cuts with elimination for many deductions. Please link to your source.

https://www.thebalance.com/trump-s-tax-plan-how-it-affects-you-4113968

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
The link below has much less generous cuts with elimination for many deductions. Please link to your source.
https://www.thebalance.com/trump-s-tax-plan-how-it-affects-you-4113968
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/27/tru...er-rates-for-businesses-some-individuals.html
Trump's tax reform plan would dramatically lower rates for businesses, some individuals
  • President Trump's tax reform plan would lower the corporate rate to 20 percent and the pass-through business rate to 25 percent.
That "Pass-Through" rate -- that's all my income. It's currently taxed at individual rates, and my marginal rate is 39.6%.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
However mine is to cut spending before cutting taxes.
Just makes good business sense.
Cutting govt income does not cut govt spending....
Yes, of course it makes good business sense. But they'll never do it. They will spend whatever we give them and more. If they have to keep borrowing, sooner or later, the bond markets will put a stop to it. I don't know when that point will come, but come it will.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, of course it makes good business sense. But they'll never do it. They will spend whatever we give them and more. If they have to keep borrowing, sooner or later, the bond markets will put a stop to it. I don't know when that point will come, but come it will.
Maybe after the next crash which will make the last one look tame.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yup. The government is going to spend what it can get, whether stolen from taxpayers or borrowed.

Until they can't steal anymore AND can't borrow anymore, they'll keep spending.

Might as well keep what you can of your own money now. Giving it the government isn't going to keep them from spending.

I highly recommend cheating them out of it whenever possible without too harsh of consequences. That is to say, get away with it.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine was dated today. Yours exactly a month ago from today. Mine has more detailed figures. You might want to read.

I read it.

Trump's plan lowers the maximum tax rate for small businesses to 25 percent. That includes sole proprietorships, partnerships, and S corporations. Many of those are real estate companies, hedge funds, and private equity funds. As a result, 85 percent of the tax cut benefits the top 1 percent of earners. Most mom-and-pop small business won't benefit from the reduction. They don't earn enough to qualify for the top tax rate.

I don't see any more figures for Rossum's situation. Apparently he feels he earns enough to benefit from the new proposed 25% rate. I'm inclined to think he'd know. ;)

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Mine was dated today. Yours exactly a month ago from today. Mine has more detailed figures. You might want to read.
From your article:
Trump's plan lowers the maximum tax rate for small businesses to 25 percent. That includes sole proprietorships...
That's me personally.

In addition:
The Framework eliminates the Alternative Minimum Tax.
That applies to several of my employees.

Now put all that aside. Even if it didn't benefit me or any of my employees, I'll still support ANY TAX CUT ANY TIME, because TAXATION IS THEFT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors