VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
yeah right.
Drugs?
Guns?
People?
Legally was the keyword.

I still don't see the correlation between me legally purchasing a .50 cal rifle; and, the police legally using more forceful weaponry, than they currently have. ( To enable them to overpower, the already illegally obtained (more powerful) weaponry used by people committing other illegal acts.)

BAM crew

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Legally was the keyword.

I still don't see the correlation between me legally purchasing a .50 cal rifle; and, the police legally using more forceful weaponry, than they currently have. ( To enable them to overpower, the already illegally obtained (more powerful) weaponry used by people committing other illegal acts.)

BAM crew
Ohh I cannot disagree with that as far as it goes.

Once the door is opened...
Illegal seizure of personal property by DEA without a crime even being charged sometimes. Courtesy of our war on drugs.
And the Patriot act.....
And many more keep us safe laws....

I am looking ahead and seeing what is likely to happen down the road.

And why the hell would they want to legalize silencers?
So you can hunt in your neighbors back yard and not wake them?

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ohh I cannot disagree with that as far as it goes.

Once the door is opened...
Illegal seizure of personal property by DEA without a crime even being charged sometimes. Courtesy of our war on drugs.
And the Patriot act.....
And many more keep us safe laws....

I am looking ahead and seeing what is likely to happen down the road.

And why the hell would they want to legalize silencers?
So you can hunt in your neighbors back yard and not wake them?
Why should silencers be illegal?
So you have an issue with illegal seizure, but it's ok to limit what someone purchases legally?

To answer your question, maybe that is it...
I hate hearing drug dealers shoot each other in the streets while I'm in church.
-kidding there but seriously. If I'm at the camp and the lady is sleeping, I can shoot the deer without waking up momma bear. That's a total win/win; and well worth the cost of the silencer.
BAM crew

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Silencers would lessen your chance of getting caught hunting illegally.
ie out of season or without landowners permission.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Silencers would lessen your chance of getting caught hunting illegally.
ie out of season or without landowners permission.
That should not take away my right to hunt on my own land with one, if I choose to.

BAM crew

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So using a silencer is a right?
Is the government regulating what I can and can't buy or use on my own property right?

You're still avoiding the issue of police using the weaponry needed and available against more powerful weaponry.

BAM crew

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So using a silencer is a right?
I have friend who has a few silencers and a short barreled ar-15. He went through all kinds of hoops to get them and paid a ridiculous amount of money. While they are are legal to own, silencers, short barreled shotguns / rifles are accessible to only a small segment of population considering the cost and licensing requirements. People who go through the process dont use those firearms for illegal purposes. Putting an end to the legal right to own those firearms will have no effect on the almost nonexistent criminal element using those weapons.

That being said, consider almost 0 crimes are committed with those firearms, I don't think the police need them.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is the government regulating what I can and can't buy or use on my own property right?

You're still avoiding the issue of police using the weaponry needed and available against more powerful weaponry.

BAM crew
Yes having the government regulate things is proper.
And btw you only lease your property from the government.
Try not paying your lease/taxes and see how long you have it?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yes having the government regulate things is proper.
And btw you only lease your property from the government.
Try not paying your lease/taxes and see how long you have it?
Well, clearly we have fundamental differences in opinion on the government's role in our lives.

They need to get off my lawn.

BAM crew

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, clearly we have fundamental differences in opinion on the government's role in our lives.

They need to get off my lawn.

BAM crew
The founding fathers thought that the government should regulate.
The other option is anarchy.

And yes everyone has differences in opinion of what should and should not be regulated by the government.
Everyone.

Just my opinion but I think that the gun regulations are pretty close and we do not need to unregulate any part of those regulations that we currently have.

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Fat Boy from NK has a non nuclear war plan.

He is going to use a fleet of freighters and tankers and run into all of the US Navy's ships.

Nah that's the chi com's they have small EMPs they use . Cripple our ships . The test runs seem to be going well for them . Combine that with a untrained Unprepared Navy and you rule the sea . Those sailors may not no how to navigate but they are well trained on diversity . So that's something. God bless the families of the lost sailors .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've been impressed by how Trump has handled Hurricane Harvey so far. Tweets have been caring and thoughtful. Maybe he'll turn the corner and start being an effective President.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Led by Sen Ted Cruze of TX Republicans of both houses sought to kill the hurricane Sandy relief package.

Their objections ranged from criticizing elements of the package as wasteful and unnecessary to asserting an ideology that the federal government shouldn't be bailing out local communities.I am sure he will try to kill this one too?

The bill ultimately passed when House Speaker John Boehner and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi worked together to find 218 votes. Sixty-seven House members voted no, including 20 Texas House members who are still in Congress today.

Lets not forget truths.

Last edited:

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Led by Sen Ted Cruze of TX Republicans of both houses sought to kill the hurricane Sandy relief package.

Their objections ranged from criticizing elements of the package as wasteful and unnecessary to asserting an ideology that the federal government shouldn't be bailing out local communities.I am sure he will try to kill this one too?

The bill ultimately passed when House Speaker John Boehner and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi worked together to find 218 votes. Sixty-seven House members voted no, including 20 Texas House members who are still in Congress today.

Lets not forget truths.

The hurricane is made by the LEFT
the water came from the flakes!

I BAM

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
She's not a republican or a democrat.

She's 100% reptilian.
Perhaps so but if even a reptilian is not as bad as a a republican?

It has not happened yet but see if she is as petty as Cruz and those 20 TX congress members were.
I will say that she will not try to impede the aid package.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Will Pelosi vote against an aid package for TX?
Nope she is not as small and petty as the republicans are.

And I still think she sucks.
But is better than many republicans?
This shit is gonna be political again
That's all I can tell you

I BAM

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
And what I wonder will happen to the 800 + billion that congress is supposed to pull from FEMA in that appropriations bill?
Possibly help some people that lost everything rebuild?

As a Katrina survivor, I can say first hand that a large portion will be spent on crap, another large portion will be fraudulently taken. Yet, a good bit will go to the people that are in dire need of the help to put the pieces of their destroyed lives together and survive this God forsaken clusterfuck of a living nightmare. This thing makes Katrina look like small potato's. in terms of human victims. They will need every last bit of help they can get.

BAM crew

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree. Not so sure that shortsighted politically driven congress members do though. They were getting ready to gut FEMA.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Sorry, but maybe it's having lived through the nightmare, but this is not the sort of thing to get political about.
Many of these poor souls truly have not been able to grasp the reality of their situation yet. Many others are going through it again.... After they rebuild in Houston from losing everything in New Orleans as a result of Katrina.

BAM crew

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Uhm, if you wish to keep the water out of Houston, you're gonna need a dome, not walls.
Walls and pumps.
Just curious though how much was storm surge and how much was rain?
They did get an insane amount of rain.

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry, but maybe it's having lived through the nightmare, but this is not the sort of thing to get political about.
Many of these poor souls truly have not been able to grasp the reality of their situation yet. Many others are going through it again.... After they rebuild in Houston from losing everything in New Orleans as a result of Katrina.

BAM crew
It's not a political issue it's a human issue the water does not care if your black ,white,dem or Republican, rich or poor .these poor people are fucked for a long time even when the water goes down . How anything will ever dry in Huston is beyond me that place is 100 per cent humidity every day . The mold alone will be a nightmare .these people need real help real fast send in the Army

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Walls and pumps.
Just curious though how much was storm surge and how much was rain?
They did get an insane amount of rain.
The lowest areas of Houston are about 40' above sea level, so storm surge was not a factor. It was all rain, and this is by no means the first time they've had such problems, although this is probably the most severe instance.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

BAM crew
Not a thing to get political about? I agree but Texas republicans got all political about it for hurricane Sandy and were out to gut FEMA.

What is different now?

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
IMG_0583.PNG

There is no difference. All sides will use the Emanuel Theorem. Each and every tragedy must be integrated into a political cudgel to bash their opponents.

Not a thing to get political about? I agree but Texas republicans got all political about it for hurricane Sandy and were out to gut FEMA.

What is different now?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

What is different now?
Ummmmmm if I recall everyone got political over Katrina as well ...

I thought it was as wrong then as well.

The scary shit is that this is the crap that needs to bring people together.
FB_IMG_1504193712417.jpg

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
PLEASE PASS ON! ALERT! ---- ALERT! --- PLEASE PASS ON ---- NOW ITS OUT --- ALERT! ---- PASS ON BEFORE THEY BLOCK IT.......

I BAM

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
IMG_0587.JPG
What a Dumbass......

I'd be more understanding if this was a rookie azznik that slipped by the Department's "racist detector", but this guy is a 28 year veteran officer AND a lieutenant to boot. smdh
Administrative leave? Common sense actuarial tables would show that any benefit gained from this guy's continued service is no longer worth any risk to the liability of Cobb County.
Ah-buh-bye.....:finger:

Georgia police officer at DUI stop: 'We only kill black people'
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/30/georgia-police-officer-at-dui-stop-only-kill-black-people.html

I
emoji173.png
emoji100.png
BAM
emoji95.png

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The racists have been emboldened by recent activities and such.

Wifes cousin's last parent passed on and the kids are going to sell most of the farm.
Keeping the house and 10 acres.
She has already been approached by 3 neighbors telling her not to sell it to black people.
She does not care about skin color which is great considering her father was an extremely racist right wing pentecostal preacher.
He would actually preach from the pulpit against blacks.

Stupid humans.
There is only one race, the human race and it is losing.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The racists have been emboldened by recent activities and such.

Wifes cousin's last parent passed on and the kids are going to sell most of the farm.
Keeping the house and 10 acres.
She has already been approached by 3 neighbors telling her not to sell it to black people.
She does not care about skin color which is great considering her father was an extremely racist right wing pentecostal preacher.
He would actually preach from the pulpit against blacks.

Stupid humans.
There is only one race, the human race and it is losing.

Racism is part of of the first amendment?

I BAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors